NBA OFFSEASON 2010: BRONMANIA aka FA INSANITY

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    What is this dude going to do to field a competitive team?

Riley is supposedly courting Derek Fisher.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    MIA will lose bigtime
    every team on earth is going to challenge these fools
    worst look in a long time

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

Why would any other team pay Fish?

His chief value is in helping Kobe communicate with normal human beings. He's worthless to any other team.

mylatency said:
    MIA will lose bigtime
    every team on earth is going to challenge these fools
    worst look in a long time

Having marinated on this for a day, I love it. I am riding with Miami this year.

It is kind of a shame that none of my new team's star players have personalities, though.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    mannybolone said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

Why would any other team pay Fish?

His chief value is in helping Kobe communicate with normal human beings. He's worthless to any other team.

1. Because they don't need a real point guard with both Wade and Lebron

2. What they do need is outside shooting and Fisher is still a very good spot up player

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I know, as a Warriors fan, you are scarred by years of watching Fisher drain 3s.

He's still clutch, but he's not the lights out shooter he once was. Dude is old.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I dont see any reason for Fish to leave LA for Miami.

The real story for Miami now is who they can attract w/ minimum contracts to fill out the roster.

Mesh in 82 games and shoot for the ring.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts

PURPLE DRANK!!!

The heat don't even have 15 players under contract right now. They are going to trade Beasley however to make room to sign Mike Miller as a free agent, and resign Udonis Haslem. That will give them the following roster:

PG: Mario Chalmers
    SG: Wade
    SF: Lebron
    PF: Bosh
    C: Joel Anthony
    SG/SF: Mike Miller - to be signed
    PG/SG: Kenny Hasbrouk
    PF/C: Udonis Haslem - to be signed

Well they got an 8 man rotation, 7 more players to sign!

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I bet Carmelo is feeling left out right now. Maybe he and Darko should go to the Heat. Kaman too. 2003 Draft Class Dream Team ftw.

Miami taking Fisher = mindgame against the Lakers. Don't think Riley isn't thinking this.

• Options
    "
    "After James announced his decision to leave Cleveland as a free agent Thursday night, some irate Cavs fans feeling betrayed by the Akron native they've cheered for since he was a teenager, burned the two-time MVP's jersey. Others hurled rocks at the mural, which towers over the corners of Ontario and Prospect avenues ??? a long 3-pointer from Quicken Loans Arena, home of the Cavaliers.

Elsewhere, James jerseys, so fashionable during his seven-year stay, can be found at discounted rates as merchants look to get rid of their inventories of Cleveland's career scoring leader and arguably the most celebrated pro athlete in the city's history.

At Dick's Sporting Goods in Westlake, James jerseys have been reduced to $29.99 with the store offering a further 75 percent reduction. T-shirts and other merchandise with James' face or number on it are also at bargain prices.

Businesses are also offering perks in exchange for James' jersey. At McNulty's Bier Market in Ohio City, anyone turning in a James jersey or T-shirt got a free beer. Anyone with a T-shirt, hat or tattoo featuring another Cleveland sports star got a free second round.

In addition, Fathead.com, an online retailer owned by Cavs owner Dan Gilbert dropped the price of its LeBron Fathead wall decals from $99.99 to $17.41, which happens to be the same year Revolutionary War traitor Benedict Arnold was born."

Ha!

Gilbert's temper tantrum is amusing but not a very good look

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    downtown Cleveland...

Reminds me a lot of Wayne Gretzky leaving the Edmonton Oilers after he won several Stanley Cups to go to the damn LA Kings. (Caught this on ESPN 30 for 30). People were devastated then, it seems the same is happening with fans with Lebron leaving Cleveland. A sad day indeed.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I bet Lebron is happier about the move than Gretzky was about his own.

cove said:

Definitely true.

• cove said:

But unlike LeBron, Gretzky left with championships.

• edulus said:

PURPLE DRANK!!!

Dan LeBatard was crazy for that one. Run The Point Night?! Considering how they could stay under the cap, that might not be a bad idea.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Now, can Lebron get em to the finals and lose!

• fauxteurfauxteur 342 Posts
    The_Non said:

he promised a better record this yr than the Heat.
    Wait, he really said that too? His letter only mentioned winning a championship first.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Hedo and Childress to the Suns for Barbosa
    Not sure how I feel about this trade yet, other than we have the deepest bench in the NBA now

Farmar is off to the Nets and the Lakers supposedly want to shed Shannon Brown too. Buss better work his magic and convince Fisher to stay (and find a new, younger PG for the team).

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Y'all gonna watch the 2-hour long televised special tonight to find out who Teen Wolf is going to sign with?

Oh wait, that's just a rerun of the movie on TBS....nevermind.

HarveyCanal said:
    Y'all gonna watch the 2-hour long televised special tonight to find out who Teen Wolf is going to sign with?

Oh wait, that's just a rerun of the movie on TBS....nevermind.

mannybolone said:
    Farmar is off to the Nets and the Lakers supposedly want to shed Shannon Brown too. Buss better work his magic and convince Fisher to stay (and find a new, younger PG for the team).

I think that's why they signed Steve Blake; definitely an upgrade over Farmar

Rev. Jackson faults Cavs owner's LeBron comments
    Posted Jul 11 2010 8:13PM

CHICAGO (AP) -- The Rev. Jesse Jackson says Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert sees LeBron James as a "runaway slave" and that his comments after the forward decided to join the Miami Heat put the player in danger.

:lol:

motown67 said:
    Rev. Jackson faults Cavs owner's LeBron comments
    Posted Jul 11 2010 8:13PM

CHICAGO (AP) -- The Rev. Jesse Jackson says Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert sees LeBron James as a "runaway slave" and that his comments after the forward decided to join the Miami Heat put the player in danger.

:lol:

"How dare that nigger leave my plantation"

• diaw, barbosa and chandler to the raptors.

so long hedo. you did absolutely nothing for us.

• mannybolone said:

They don't need a true point guard or someone young. They just need an John Paxson style outside shooter to fit into the triangle system.