Relationship Strut

Comments

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    ... that you are in a man....

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    you are in a man and you have man needs.

I wouldn't mention that.

• show her your record collection

Oh, she knows the deal. She's quite a vinyl head herself. Not an avid collector, but she knows what she wants. Apparently it's not me. GEWW!

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    you are in a man and you have man needs.

I wouldn't mention that.

Can't you see that I'm inside of a man lookin' out that tiny hole and all I see is you baby!

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Get her to join Soulstrut

• ... that you are in a man....

Yes. All encomapassingly so.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Yep. This thread needs a

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    hilarious thread.

b/w

reminds of that dude that hadn't kissed a girl in his whole 45 years of life and came on soulstrut looking for advice.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    hilarious thread.

b/w

reminds of that dude that hadn't kissed a girl in his whole 45 years of life and came on soulstrut looking for advice.

Where's he at?! I'm sure he'd have some advice.

Yep. This thread needs a

Or at least a goddamm picture.

• I've tried to be someone else, but I was never able to memorize all the lines.

WTF?

It was supposed to be a joke, but I guess it came out worse than Leno at the President's Dinner.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Just ask yourself how much that whole situation hurts you. I've been there before and hanging around with a girl that doesn't really want you while you are fiending for here is nagl. If you get along, fine, but from your posts it seems that your love for her > ability for a healthy friendship

btw, love these threads. And "I tried to be someone else, but I could'nt memorize all the lines" is classy.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    alias

• Get her to join Soulstrut

She would probably feel right at home here. With all of this color commentary, she would have smiles for days.

Get her to join Soulstrut

She would probably feel right at home here. With all of this color commentary, she would have smiles for days.

Srsly. Getting laid is easier than finding Herbie Mann records.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    You need more man friends. If you have man friends then you need to start going out with them. You need man friends who will call you a pussy to your face and goad you into talking to chicks. You need to find your balls and assert your masculinity.

I know this sounds like "macho" dude talk, but that is what you need right now. You need to revert to caveman mode until you get some sense back in your head.

• Just ask yourself how much that whole situation hurts you. I've been there before and hanging around with a girl that doesn't really want you while you are fiending for here is nagl. If you get along, fine, but from your posts it seems that your love for her > ability for a healthy friendship

btw, love these threads. And "I tried to be someone else, but I could'nt memorize all the lines" is classy.

Well, this situation doesn't hurt me at all. Believe it or not. Most likely not. I've had another "potential" relationship that didn't do too well. So the lessons I learned from that have taught me to not invest so much in her and keep my eyes open for others. But while I have my eyes open, it doesn't mean that I still can't see her. But we do get along very well. But a breatk would probably be the best move for me "for now."

I love these threads, too. It only feels a bit odd when I'm reading about advice directed at me, though. AYAH!

• SaracenusSaracenus 671 Posts
    99% of the time when you are in the friend zone, that is where you will stay. Unless something radically changes in this lady's life you are not her "type."

So do what I did with my wife, put the romantic feelings part in a box and stick it in the emotional storage closet. Stay friends. Go live your life and enjoy the company of someone(s) else. If at some future date she decides you are worthy of pursuit (and you are available) you can take that box out of storage and see if there is something really there.

By no means put your life on hold for her. She should not get any more time in your life that a normal friend.

Good luck.

• JahBooGieJahBooGie 92 Posts
    show her your record collection

Oh, she knows the deal. She's quite a vinyl head herself. Not an avid collector, but she knows what she wants. Apparently it's not me. GEWW!

fill your collection with records that she would want to have sex with you to.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Like Albert Ayler.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Next time she comes over, talk about how you think you might be gay and you're not aroused by women at all. If she doesn't believe you tell her to try. I saw a movie about this once and it totally got Jessica Biel to come out them drawls

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts

fill your collection with records that she would want to have sex with you to.

fill your collection with records for which she would be willing to have sex with you in exhchange

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Next time she comes over, talk about how you think you might be gay and you're not aroused by women at all. If she doesn't believe you tell her to try. I saw a movie about this once and it totally got Jessica Biel to come out them drawls

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts

Then she'll set you up with her lonely gay friend.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    daaaaaam ...good advice all around
    nothing wrong with loving someone, having a crush or just being friends. shit, you can have all of that and keep it that way. i love all kinds of girls that im friends with and its all good. once in a while some of those situations develop into something else...sometimes just momentarily after realizing maybe theyre better left as friendships. nothing wrong with that and its no diss to anyone. is great to have friends youre attracted to...the more the better, cause theres always potential for other things to flourish.meanwhile, you go get some of that vitamin P so you stay rational

i think its key to just go live life, be good to people, push the envelope and see what develops and not get hard feelings.

i think really great advice was have your friendship with her help you meet other girls. take her out drinking and dancing and focus on getting some other girls digits

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Anyone who feels this way needs to watch the "Tao of Steve."

What you are offering this girl is not attractive to women. She knows what you want, and that's the problem.

Be excellent in her presence.
    Don't show any interest in her sexually.
    Back away.

Or just tell her that she's a prude. Girls love to prove guys wrong.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    There's no real science to it, contrary to what Cosmo mags or $100/hour shrinks would probably have you think. Friends - TRUE friends - are hard to come by no matter what gender. Everyone has their own little BS games they like to play and how they think what other people's "roles" should be. Don't get down but don't expect too much. Good luck!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    "Man, all you gotta do is find a girl that looks just like her, nail her, and then dump her, man."

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    incompletejigsaw, where are you from?

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    Here's some advice, quit being a pussy.