Relationship Strut

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    The best point was Hermes, a bit upthread:

Good men don't try to fuck their friends, dude.

She's your friend? Stop trying to fuck her. Do you value the friendship, or just the (imagined) fucking? Seems pretty weak. And if you do fuck, what if you pop early. What if she's a dead fish in the sack.

If you find that you two get along real well and are great friends, maintain that and be glad for it because good friends are truly difficult to find and keep.

Likewise, you should stop imagining yourself with this one and find someone that will fuck you silly. It is ridiculously easy in this day and age to get laid. There are entire sites devoted to you getting laid with a girl who actually considers you her type (as opposed to your friend here, who apparently has a different type).

Good friendship > bad sex.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Good advice. But will they go to public places with him?

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

She's your friend? Stop trying to fuck her. Do you value the friendship, or just the (imagined) fucking? Seems pretty weak. And if you do fuck, what if you pop early. What if she's a dead fish in the sack.

If you find that you two get along real well and are great friends, maintain that and be glad for it because good friends are truly difficult to find and keep.

Likewise, you should stop imagining yourself with this one and find someone that will fuck you silly. It is ridiculously easy in this day and age to get laid. There are entire sites devoted to you getting laid with a girl who actually considers you her type (as opposed to your friend here, who apparently has a different type).

ditto ditto ditto. really well put,j.

and you never know what may eventually develop when you stop the passive scheming and just chill and enjoy their company.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

ditto ditto ditto. really well put,j.

and you never know what may eventually develop when you stop the passive scheming and just chill and enjoy their company.

Hey Incompletejigsaw,

Contrary to some popular opinions, primarily, physical attraction is immediate and doesn't build over time. If the spark hasn't ignited for her, it won't. There will be others who have an instant attraction to you, so save your time and attention for them. Otherwise, relish the friendship you've cultivated because a good friend is hard to find. Enjoy being single and the opportunity it provides for dating multiple women to figure out what you qualities find attractive, and the type of woman with whom you're compatible. You have to sift through the "bad" to find the "good." These words come from, admittedly, long-time player who finally stumbled upon the right woman. We celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary in just over a week. Thus, anything is possible. Good luck!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    You need more man friends.

i think the very fact that he's coming to Soul Strut for relationship advice already indicates this. (He needs more female friends too because they'd be giving him better advice as well).

• Wow, "bunk buddies" was a minor gem. Please never, never use that term with a girl you are trying to sleep with.

Unless the situation is a total lock and you're trying to see how much ridiculous shit you can get pull and still get laid (happens sometimes).

Can I ask how old the original poster is? This seems like a brand of post-adolescent uncertainty that vaporizes for most people in their late 20s.

Trust me. I've never used the term "bunk buddies" with someone I'm interested in. Even I'm not that silly to try to see if stuff like that will work. But as for my age, I'm 22.

as for my age, I'm 22.

Dude.

Spoken as someone who was in love with his best friend at 22...move on. You'll meet other people. Better put, you SHOULD be meeting other people.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    We need a relationship thread version of this:

• Can I just rewind this thread a bit and focus on this?

We've actually gone out to public places together, which was a huge bonus for me, because most females before that played the "stay at home" technique on me

I have no idea what this means but it piqued my curiosity.

Sayin'.

We now have image of jigsaw dude looking like The Elephant Man w/ brown paper bag

b/w

"I'm washing my hair tonight" moves revealed

It's just that her and I have actually spent more time doing things together and going out places together than previous females who I might've had an interest in. But as for my looks, I'd say that I'm quite alright. I'm not the most handsome, but I'm proud of who I am.

• ^^ I already sense that a clowning this way comes.

hell no, bob was pullin all the honies

We need a relationship thread version of this:

On short notice...

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    hahaha, good one

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I think you should just forward her this whole thread.

Make or break time.

brilliant...and pretty much sums it all up

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Man, there are so many lovely ladies in DC...my advice to you is meet some of them. Treat the friend like a friend and be done with it. Introduce her to your new girlfriend before she introduces you to her new boyfriend(which will happen if you linger around, trust me).

• Man, there are so many lovely ladies in DC...my advice to you is meet some of them. Treat the friend like a friend and be done with it. Introduce her to your new girlfriend before she introduces you to her new boyfriend(which will happen if you linger around, trust me).

Oh, I'm already talking to other females. It's not like I've just exclusively talked to her and ignored other potential females out there. There are indeed some lovely ladies in DC, who then go back home after classes are over. But this summer I'm planning to hang out with some of my other ladyfriends from church, school, and the probable random run-in on the Metro. And that poster above speaks the truth. I think I should forward this entire thread to her and see what she has to say about all of this. Eyebrows will most definitely be raised.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO THIS ASAP.

In fact, invite her to join.

You need to make this happen. My entertainment depends on it.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    A lot of the posts are directing you to act with her in mind - to make her jealous, to impress her, whathaveyou.
    Talking to other chicks, etc. won't mean shit if you're doing everything with her in mind, in hopes of getting some reaction from her, waiting to see what she will do. It will also not be fair to any one you may become involved with.
    You need to get your mind right.
    And to step away from this thread.

About showing her this thread - not sure how serious you are and you know her sense of humour and tolerance levels better than any of us, but tread lightly. It may backfire.

SoulStrut is not your (girl)friend. It is not acting in your best interest.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    hold me

where is Selina these days?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    What if she's a dead fish in the sack.
    Hit it from the back.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Hit it from the back.

poke her out yo

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    the Weakly Reader advice column thread is still going strong. YES!!
    GAWWWW!

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    PUCCINI.

Line up in it.

• A lot of the posts are directing you to act with her in mind - to make her jealous, to impress her, whathaveyou.
    Talking to other chicks, etc. won't mean shit if you're doing everything with her in mind, in hopes of getting some reaction from her, waiting to see what she will do. It will also not be fair to any one you may become involved with.
    You need to get your mind right.
    And to step away from this thread.

About showing her this thread - not sure how serious you are and you know her sense of humour and tolerance levels better than any of us, but tread lightly. It may backfire.

Oh, she'd find this thread hilarious. As for her knowing it's about her, she might want to actually join SoulStrut just to chime in on the subject. But I never move fast. As for doing things just to get a reaction from her, that's not my modus operandi.

• the Weakly Reader advice column thread is still going strong. YES!!
    GAWWWW!

I remember those in elementary school. I hated reading that thing every Friday. I was more of a Newsweek kid.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Hit it from the back.

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    post a picture of her or you're soft.