Relationship Strut

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Take her to a strip club.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    DUDE YOU ARE KILLIN' ME!!

• Make her chase u. Stop beggin'.

dont be yourself - its not working.

She's told me before that she likes to chase, but that the guys that she chases aren't necessarily the guys that are right for her. And she's always being pursued, but the ones that pursue her aren't the type that she's into. So, either which way I look at it, it seems as if I can't win. Trust me. I've tried to be someone else, but I was never able to memorize all the lines. Sticking to being myself is all I can do now.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Lets recap the plan:
    1) take her to a tittie bar
    2) Ignore her
    3) Screw a stripper there
    4) Watch her reaction

Sounds flawless to me!

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    There's nothin' wrong w/ lovin her as a friend.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Tell her you just want what's yours.

"To each his reach, and if I can't cop it ain't mine to have"

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    There's nothin' wrong w/ lovin her as a friend.

Or lovin one of her friends

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    And she's always being pursued, but the ones that pursue her aren't the type that she's into.

If she told you that, I'd say that's a pretty clear signal aimed right at you. Like Bassie said, if she was interested you'd already be together. Remain friendly. But you need to pull back your romantic interest. If that means spending less time with her, so be it.

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    sack up, you're being used

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
    just tell her the truth

• If she wanted you in her pants, I mean to call you her man, you'd already be there. At the very least, she would have hinted back or joked back or let you know one way or another she felt the same. Don't hang on to "for now".
    Straight-up, if she's not flirting (back), then you should consider that all those hints are actually off-putting and annoying to her. It puts her in an awkward position. Cool out and prepare yourself for just being friends. If more happens, consider yourself lucky and treat her right, but do not be banking on "for now". You're not in-between, you are nowhere. You don't need to "do" anything, you need to adjust how you're looking at the whole thing.

I think the whole cooling out thing just might be the thing I need to do. Having her as a friend is always great too, and plus I can never rush into something when it's pretty good right now. Maybe in due time she'll have feelings for me, or maybe she'll just see me as a great friend. Either which way, I should open my eyes to others out there. AYAH. This is going to be an interesting summer.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    sack up, you're being used.

It does sound like you're a safety for her. Just don't miss out on something real while wasting time on a "maybe". There's too many girls out there.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    He's her unpaid bodyguard/psychiatrist.

Have you seen anyone else during these last 4(2) years?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    If she wanted you in her pants, I mean to call you her man, you'd already be there. At the very least, she would have hinted back or joked back or let you know one way or another she felt the same. Don't hang on to "for now".
    Straight-up, if she's not flirting (back), then you should consider that all those hints are actually off-putting and annoying to her. It puts her in an awkward position. Cool out and prepare yourself for just being friends. If more happens, consider yourself lucky and treat her right, but do not be banking on "for now". You're not in-between, you are nowhere. You don't need to "do" anything, you need to adjust how you're looking at the whole thing.

I think the whole cooling out thing just might be the thing I need to do. Having her as a friend is always great too, and plus I can never rush into something when it's pretty good right now. Maybe in due time she'll have feelings for me, or maybe she'll just see me as a great friend. Either which way, I should open my eyes to others out there. AYAH. This is going to be an interesting summer.

Don't rule out the rest of spring. It only takes 10 minutes to land a new (potential) partner.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I've tried to be someone else, but I was never able to memorize all the lines.

WTF?

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
    If she wanted you in her pants, I mean to call you her man, you'd already be there. At the very least, she would have hinted back or joked back or let you know one way or another she felt the same. Don't hang on to "for now".

nah you need to dead the "in between" mode

either straight up tell her and risk the friendship

or just move on and keep her as a friend

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    Maybe in due time she'll have feelings for me

dude, as bassie said if was going to happen it would have happened already. move on, stop wasting anymore time or energy on this...you're not in-between anything, you're nowhere.

• Have you seen anyone else during these last 4(2) years?

I have seen someone during those years in question. I was done with my 2 years in Americorps and I went back to teach a few classes during their Summer Training, and there was this girl that was going to be teaching in a Kindergarten class. At first we were just friends, but then she would call every now and then at random hours of the day just to find out how I was doing. I thought it was sweet at the time, but then it got to the point where I thought that her screws might've been loose in her head. But that was just her way to tell me that she loved me. It was strange, too, since we had only hung out a few times before. She was a great person with a great personality, but there was something unexplainable about her that I knew would be failure. I know some of you might not believe in such a thing, but something in my spirit couldn't tolerate her. You know how you meet a beautiful person and you think that they're wonderful and all that, but when you step closer and take a better look, you're taken aback by what you find?! That was what she was to me. Still a nice person, though. I'd recommend her to anyone on the Strut that's in the DC area.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I'm telling you man, once you get another girl on your arm she'll see you in a different light.

Ask for a One-Off

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    You need to involve alchohol in your life more.

You start getting some strange and you'll forget all about this other chick until she's practically begging for the whole manchilada con carne.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Ask for a One-Off

Yes, as in: Can you help me bust one off?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    you know you don't have to marry the girl you get with, right? I don't meant to be sarcastic, but it's OK to get along with someone, have fun, share things and then move on. ideally in a way that you can still be friends/civil with each other after. every relationship doesn't have to be with THE ONE and despite what spiritual leaders, talk shows and best seller books say, it is not a waste of time. you learn and grow with every person you hang with, but you do not need for them to be the end all and be all.

• JahBooGieJahBooGie 92 Posts
    show her your record collection

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Tell her she's boring, unlike blowjobs.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    you know you don't have to marry the girl you get with, right? I don't meant to be sarcastic, but it's OK to get along with someone, have fun, share things and then move on. ideally in a way that you can still be friends/civil with each other after. every relationship doesn't have to be with THE ONE snd despite what spiritual leaders, talk shows and best seller books say, it is not a waste of time. you learn and grow with every person you hang with, but you do not need for them to be the end all and be all.

Bassie pretty much summed the whole thing up.
    For real!!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I think it's awesome that this thread is getting banner ads for Cougar Life.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Next time she calls you need to remind her that you are a man and you have man needs. she sees you as a girlfriend with a penis, so next time she calls and she's like "hey buddy, how ya doin?" you say:

"I've got blue balls like my name was Papa Fucking Smurf and if I don't get some pussy soon my shit is going to explode. How's your day going?"

(EDITED!!!)