NBA PLAYOFFS 2010 (Wacka Flacka)

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Not many expected Rajon Rondo to be the MVP of the playoffs. More power to that skinny dude...

He was sick last year too, though, when they were without KG, averaging damn near a triple double over 14 games: 16.9/9.7/9.8

He's been their best player for a minute

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    A buddy of mine said that he cant put his money on Orlando because thay shoot way too many 3 pointers. He doesnt see 3 pointer-dependant Offense takin it all.

Ask the Pacers of the late 90s/early 2000s about this. Titles are won in the painted area!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

They say baseball teams win with what they have up the middle.

Hoops is the same way....PG & C are the two most important positions when it comes to nut cutting time.

Hey Rock,

Anyone who has ever played basketball understands the ebbs and flows of perimeter shooting. Shots WILL NOT fall forever, so then, it's necessary to get to the rim, and by extension, the free throw line (and you gotta sink 'em when you get there). Good PG and/or C play facilitates this (e.g., Tony Parker of the Spurs's title teams or Moses Malone in 1983), so without it, getting a ring will be elusive. Rondo's breaking down of the Cavs defense made it easier for their offense to get good shoots, relative to the Cavs. Lebron's extreme effort to get shots was what "zapped" his energy (as has been mentioned in other posts), which again, exemplifies the extreme importance of good play-making to team success. Basketball isn't that fuckin' complicated.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    A buddy of mine said that he cant put his money on Orlando because thay shoot way too many 3 pointers. He doesnt see 3 pointer-dependant Offense takin it all.

Ask the Pacers of the late 90s/early 2000s about this. Titles are won in the painted area!

The Pacers that got beat by the Lakers had Mark Jackson who posted down low making Jackson assign Pippen on him to shut down Action.
    Those teams that beat the Knicks up and give the Bulls a run for thier money were not 3 point jackers at all. The Davis Big big men w/ Derrick Mckey played Defense and worked an inside game w/ Rik Smits. Larry Brown does not play that 3 point stuff.

The Isaiah built/Bird takeover teams that went to the Finals against the Lakers had Smits, Dale Davis,and Jeff Foster. Only Sam Perkins and Austin Crosere shot the three.

Those Pacers teams were well built and in no way some gimmick squad.

Even the Ron Artest,O'Neal, Old Reggie teams afterwards were well balanced.
    They were touted to win it all the year someone threw a Dr. Pepper at the Tru Warior.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

The Pacers that got beat by the Lakers had Mark Jackson who posted down low making Jackson assign Pippen on him to shut down Action.
    Those teams that beat the Knicks up and give the Bulls a run for thier money were not 3 point jackers at all. The Davis Big big men w/ Derrick Mckey played Defense and worked an inside game w/ Rik Smits. Larry Brown does not play that 3 point stuff.

The Isaiah built/Bird takeover teams that went to the Finals against the Lakers had Smits, Dale Davis,and Jeff Foster. Only Sam Perkins and Austin Crosere shot the three.

They were touted to win it all the year someone threw a Dr. Pepper at the Tru Warior.

Hey Batmon,

In spite of all that, Reggie Miller, who is primarily a perimeter shooter, was their premiere player. They should've played more inside/outside ball (through O'Neal, for example, on the later Pacer squad), but they chose not to. Again, this is why they didn't win a title.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Hey Batmon,

In spite of all that, Reggie Miller, who is primarily a perimeter shooter, was their premiere player. They should've played more inside/outside ball (through O'Neal, for example, on the later Pacer squad), but they chose not to. Again, this is why they didn't win a title.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I totally disagree.

Those Larry Brown teams were not Miller dependant. Miller is UCLA dude. He played w/in the system. Dude didnt take volume shots like that. Nor did their perimter players. Smits was no Dork. I have shit on tape - they were well balanced. Larry Brown doesnt play that way.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    So this yahoo sports article is saying that Lebron is talking to John Calipari, and that Calipari is supposedly looking for a coaching job in possibly Cleveland or Chicago, and that Lebron could be likley to go wherever he ends up. Who knows how likely any of that is, but I wouldn't be mad at Lebron + Calipari to Chicago with the young talent they have there. Could be a good scenario for all parties. Lebron + Rose? I want to see that.

Also, it feels like Lebron had no intention of winning that series. Is that possible? I always said a player would never give up on an opportunity to win, but I'm not so sure.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I expect to hear any day now that Lebrons injury was worse than what he was letting us on to think it was. If he truly "tanked" the series on purpose he doesn't ever deserve to have a ring, and if indeed true, I hope he never gets one.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Also, it feels like Lebron had no intention of winning that series. Is that possible? I always said a player would never give up on an opportunity to win, but I'm not so sure.

At the very least, he didn't look very MVP. I can't buy the idea that he deliberately underplayed however.

At the very least, he didn't look very MVP. I can't buy the idea that he deliberately underplayed however.

First, this is the nba - a form of entertainment where guys play for a paycheck, not to win games.[

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Post deleted by yuichi

3) Not letting J. Rich get hot.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    So this yahoo sports article is saying that Lebron is talking to John Calipari, and that Calipari is supposedly looking for a coaching job in possibly Cleveland or Chicago

He just tweeted saying he will be the head coach for UofK next year, were not letting him go nowhere.

Most underappreicated Magic player gotta be Matt Barnes. Dude kinda reminds me of Doug Cristie with how he brings a little of everything.

Rondo is ballin' right now.

Here's how the Suns beat the Lakers:

1) Don't let Bynum/Gasol get good post position. Not THAT hard (they ain't Shaq)

2) Frustrate Kobe, make him believe he needs to take the bulk of shots. When Kobe shoots in volume, Lakers are usually in trouble.

3) Make the Lakers a jumpshooting team

4) Make threes.

5) Spread the Lakers' defense. Easier when #4 happens.

Lakers beat the Suns if:

1) Bynum/Gasol don't get frustrated and stop trying to get good post position.

2) Lakers look for Bynum and Gasol early and often.

3) Don't let J. Rich get hot.

4) Defensive rotation and help.

5) Don't look for Kobe to help bail them out.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    So this yahoo sports article is saying that Lebron is talking to John Calipari, and that Calipari is supposedly looking for a coaching job in possibly Cleveland or Chicago

He just tweeted saying he will be the head coach for UofK next year, were not letting him go nowhere.

Calipari's word is gold....take that shit to the bank.

First, this is the nba - a form of entertainment where guys play for a paycheck, not to win games.[

Oh, that's right, I forgot that bit of wisdom.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

"My tweet is bond"

We'll see. Should be an interesting soap opera in the NBA for the next month and a half or so.

• Options

Very funny post!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

NEW YORK -- The Cleveland Cavaliers have fired head coach Mike Brown, two league sources told SI.com.

Brown, who won the NBA's Coach of the Year Award last year, compiled a 272-138 record in five seasons leading the Cavaliers. He also led the team to the playoffs in each of those seasons, including a Finals apperance in 2007.

Cleveland's inability to return to the championship round in the last two years, especially after nabbing the league's best record in both seasons, drew criticism of Brown's ability to manage his team and winning rotations.

A source also told SI.com that GM Danny Ferry, who does not have a contract for next season, is still with the team for the forseeable future.

Meanwhile, the Associated Press is reporting that Mike Woodson has been let go by the Atlanta Hawks.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    according to EPSN.com

CLEVELAND -- The Cleveland Cavaliers are keeping coach Mike Brown -- for now.

Team owner Dan Gilbert refuted an SI.com report Friday that Brown had been fired.

"That's not true," he said during a news conference. "We are right now just going through the evaluation process."

He said the team expects to have answers in the next week to 10 days.

Brown
    "I don't think it's a secret coaching is one of the things we'll look at," Gilbert said.

Brown was the league's coach of the year last season when the Cavs won 66 games. Cleveland lost to Orlando in the conference finals, however, and it was assumed Brown would have to get the team closer to a championship to keep his job.

Instead, the Cavs regressed. They were badly outplayed by the Celtics, who won the last two games played in Cleveland by a combined 50 points. But Gilbert insisted the team didn't quit against Boston.

"It's one of those things that you can't believe it after it's happened," Gilbert said. "I feel bad for the fans more than anybody."

The loss opened up the possibility of a major shakeup as two-time MVP LeBron James prepares for free agency.

The LeBron watch began at 10:53 p.m. ET on Thursday, when Rondo dribbled out the last 14 seconds and the Celtics began celebrating their 4-2 victory in the best-of-seven series.

James is eligible to opt out of his contract this summer, a move that would make the two-time MVP -- and zero-time NBA champion -- a free agent and set off a scramble for his services from New York to Miami to Los Angeles and, of course, back in Cleveland.

"Of course, we fully believe that, sweepstakes, in the running, whatever, I think this is the best franchise for him to play at," Gilbert said.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Very funny post!

Calipari is a walking scandal waiting to happen. Just wait. Every college he's coached at has had scandals after or during his tenure.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

3) Don't let J. Rich get hot.

^^^yup
    dude is straight beasting during the playoffs

MONDAY, YUICHI
    MONDAY

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

Very funny post!

Calipari is a walking scandal waiting to happen. Just wait. Every college he's coached at has had scandals after or during his tenure.

"I want to address this with the Big Blue Nation one last time, I will be coaching
    at Kentucky next year. Now let's finish what we started!"

Though I did hear the same ghost agent that got Cousins, Wall, and others was the same ghost agent who got Rose.

We hear a lot of bullshit in the bluegrass state because of Ricky P's Cardinals. Blue vs. Red schitt.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Orlando > Boston

Suns > Lakers - yeah i said it.

These Delonte West/Gloria James rumors are some of the craziest shit I've ever heard.

• ignastyignasty 163 Posts
    These Delonte West/Gloria James rumors are some of the craziest shit I've ever heard.

Neck tats are hawt. Cougar kryptonite.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

If dude "threw" the game cause of that..........

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Orlando > Boston

quick! edit your post!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Suns > Lakers - yeah i said it.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts

If dude "threw" the game cause of that..........

I know that she does love younger kats around this way.....

That borderline foul defense for the Celtics is back. Sheid and Perkins is doing a good job frustrating Howard. The only way to really beat the Celtic's defense is to move them around and find the gaps. Obviously the Magic did a better job of that in the second half but by that time they had dug themselves too deep a hole. They still a jumpshooting team though....and Howard's low post moves have not improved all that much...you can't really teach shooting touch....the man obviously does not have it, nor willing to really bang inside with the big boys.

Celtics about to woop everybody's asses if they continue this.