NBA PLAYOFFS 2010 (Wacka Flacka)

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Yuichi: Assuming the Lakers of two weeks back took on current Celtics, who'd you pick?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Yuichi: Assuming the Lakers of two weeks back took on current Celtics, who'd you pick?

Good question. I think both teams are better than they were two weeks back. Still might take the Celtics.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    dang

• Options

Good question. I think both teams are better than they were two weeks back. Still might take the Celtics.

The Lakers have to be worried about Bynum's knee.

I hope the Suns take the West.

Bynum's knee.

Dude is definitely injury-prone.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    These Delonte West/Gloria James rumors are some of the craziest shit I've ever heard.

You guys don't really believe that shit, do you...?

• ignastyignasty 163 Posts
    That borderline foul defense for the Celtics is back. Sheid and Perkins is doing a good job frustrating Howard. The only way to really beat the Celtic's defense is to move them around and find the gaps. Obviously the Magic did a better job of that in the second half but by that time they had dug themselves too deep a hole. They still a jumpshooting team though....and Howard's low post moves have not improved all that much...you can't really teach shooting touch....the man obviously does not have it, nor willing to really bang inside with the big boys.

Celtics about to woop everybody's asses if they continue this.

You mean the borderline NO FOUL CALLS on the Celtics defense is back...I think Perkins committed at least 18 fouls, but I only saw two quarters of the game. The un-called AND 1 on what appeared to be an intentional foul by Rondo on Howard's last dunk (it was a nice big hug, maybe the refs thought he was just being friendly). Apparently JJ Reddick is the only player who can be called for a touch foul (even when he's playing well the poor guy can't win). Or KG not even taking the ball out on the most critical inbounds of the game. God I hate the Celtics. That said, Magic played like shit. Two-week vacation got to their shooting touch.

I think Perkins committed at least 18 fouls

Yea, he's the one I was mainly talking about. Dude leans his chest and forearms into Howard way too heavily imo. That said, if he's doing this, Howard should have just spun off and went up for a dunk, instead of that off-balance, left-handed shit he tried several times.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    God I hate the Celtics.

don't bother telling God, he loves the C's.

must be the one behind all those awful non-calls you're all mad-doggie over.

These Delonte West/Gloria James rumors are some of the craziest shit I've ever heard.

You guys don't really believe that shit, do you...?

I believe the term "craziest shit I've ever heard" suggests some level of skepticism.

That said, nothing surprises me anymore. (But I'd make an exception for this)

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Dude, this is pathetic.

If you're going to subscribe to an outmoded form of fandom, then at least ride for your team.

God I hate the Celtics.

...and fucking hates the Bruins.

God has one twisted sense of humor when it comes to Boston.

Dude, this is pathetic.

If you're going to subscribe to an outmoded form of fandom, then at least ride for your team.

Take your shoes off before you come in here.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

That said, nothing surprises me anymore. (But I'd make an exception for this)

^^^ARE EVERYWHERE

B/W

IT'S

MONDAY

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    God I hate the Celtics.

actually, the Bruins are proof that there is no God

My friend is a Philly sports fanatic and from what he described yeah it seemed pretty incredible what the Flyers did

God I hate the Celtics.

actually, the Bruins are proof that there is no God

Wait, so who does Boston have to thank for 2004 and '07?

I'm saying - few cities have a more convoluted history with soul-crushing disappointment and miraculous redemption than Boston.

If dude "threw" the game cause of that..........

From Terez Owens:

In what is truly a disturbing story, comes exclusive Terez Owens news that LeBron?s teammate Delonte West is sleeping with LeBron?s Mother Gloria James..Yes, this is the purported story coming from my source in Cleveland..My source explains the following:

?My uncle is the general contractor at the Q and has been for the last 7 years. He?s good friends with a lot of guys at the Q, including some of the bigger boys in the organization and knows Dan Gilbert personally.My uncle has been told that Delonte has been banging Gloria James (Lebron?s Mom) for some time now. Somehow Lebron found out before game four and it destroyed their chemistry and divided the team. I am not making this up, I wish it wasn?t true but it happened. .?

With Delonte West?s checkered past, LeBron can be none too pleased with his teammate and good friend hanging with his Mother? The Cavs definitely looked like a different squad from game 4 on..especially LeBron?coincidence, or did this really just happen? Maybe this is the reason LeBron?s leaving Cleveland..-TO

Crazy, I know. But Terez Owens is a pal of mine and I know has connections. He has no reason to make this up and it could be the reason for LeBron James' play in games 4, 5 & 6. Terez is also the man who broke the story of Reggie Bush & Kim Kardashian's 1st breakup; only he broke it over a week before the mainstream media ran with it.

If the Cavs get a "better" coach up in there and not someone who caters to LeLbow, I hope dude stays.

But that is some extra stinky shit to deal w/ during a Championship run.

If he bolts - i understand.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    What can the Cavs do - other than replace Brown - that would make the team better? Honestly I can't see it.

Most of those humps in Cleveland are there to stay... you can't tell me Lebron wants to go back to the drawing board with Shaq-Old.2, Sideshow Bob, Mo Williams, AJ... and a gun-happy underachiever that's allegedly boning Bron's mom.

BATMON, you read the NYMag article? They are laying it on heavy out here!

Bloomberg endorsed dude.

The Fantasy Starting 5 is pretty sick. Try to get Monta Ellis, Chris Bosh, and Lebron... with Danilo G on the perimeter dropping 3s...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

that is pretty crazy and would work well (balanced)
    plus the east would be a easy training ground for such a squad
    i would consider taking out my sprewell jersey from storage if such a squad was assembled
    ans it seems like it could lure those 3 players in
    as well as be an effective counter to orlando/boston

Im not sold on Bosh as the key to the interior. If David Lee stays to fortify shit yes, but Bosh solo....IDK.

As good as Monta Ellis is just like Rose they need the ball to be effective. They are not stand around PGs that can watch LeBron go off.

Maybe D'Antoni has the system to blend these dudes.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Too much offensive mindedness with that squad. You'll never win anything unless all your guys commit to playing defense (I'm a Nuggets fan, I KNOW). I don't see that with Lebron and Ellis working under D'antoni.

Dantoni knows no defense

That's a pretty good analysis. I'd hate to see him go to Chicago but grudgingly agree that it might be his best move.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    What can the Cavs do - other than replace Brown - that would make the team better? Honestly I can't see it.

Most of those humps in Cleveland are there to stay... you can't tell me Lebron wants to go back to the drawing board with Shaq-Old.2, Sideshow Bob, Mo Williams, AJ... and a gun-happy underachiever that's allegedly boning Bron's mom.

BATMON, you read the NYMag article? They are laying it on heavy out here!

A new coach does wonders.... Shaq (expiring contract), Z (expiring contract), West (expiring contract), Anderson (all defensive second team/ while coming off of the bench)......

a new coach... and who?

It's funny, I asked this almost exact same question at the beginning of the season. And you were tight about it then, and I recanted after the Cavs pretty much rolled all season. But here we are, and it's like, again, what are they going to do different next season if Lebron stays? Blow the whole team up and add Bosh? What would the squad look like? You probably know more about the various states of contracts and salaries for the various Cav players than I do, plaese to speak on it...