NBA PLAYOFFS 2010 (Wacka Flacka)

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    OMG I just saw the score WTF is wrong with the Cavs.

Mike Brown - Head Coach

Cowherd's been bashing the guy for weeks that he's not a Phil Jackson. Looks like he's right....

Why is the TEAM playing like they are hurt though? on a

They have no heart starting w/ the Coach Mike "Mr. Potato Head" Brown, LBJ then the rest of the team....

Hey,

The deal with the Cavs breaks down as follows:

1. They need a legitimate and CONSISTENT 2nd option to score 15 to 20 points per game. Williams, Jamison, and O'Neal have failed to fulfill this role. The Celtics have at least three guys that fill this requirement (KG, Allen, and Rondo behind Paul Pierce).

2. LeBron has the ball in his hands too cotdamn much (and his shot selection drives me crazy). He's easier to defend this way, instead of receiving the ball off slashes and cuts to the basket, or from pick-and-roll and/or pick-and-pop sets. By contrast, Rondo's play-making and breaking down of the defense and dishing to teammates has been .

3. The Cavs half-court set is shitty offensively and defensively. They CANNOT play one-possession basketball because of this. The Celtics play much better half-court ball at both ends of the floor. The Cavs will NEVER win a title because in conference finals especially, such series will inevitably come down to one or two key possessions where they will either (a) need a basket to win, or (b) need a key stop to win. They fail at both.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

"I revolve around science!!!"

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Peace, Cleveland: Lebron is coming to NY

We will surround him with champions

• Options

James is a moron if he chooses the Knicks. The Knicks have an idiot ownership.

He should consider signing a short-term deal with the Mavs, Spurs, Suns or Celtics. He'd get his 1st ring and cash in anyway in terms of endorsements.

He didn't look too upset over losing tonight, did he?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Anybody think the Celtics can beat Orlando?

With Rondo, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

LOL @ the Mavs

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

James is a moron if he chooses the Knicks. The Knicks have an idiot ownership.

He should consider signing a short-term deal with the Mavs, Spurs, Suns or Celtics. He'd get his 1st ring and cash in anyway in terms of endorsements.

He didn't look too upset over losing tonight, did he?

THE GREATEST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    The Celtics are the only team that can beat Orlando....

No matter where James goes he aint goin to the Finals next year so he might as well get money.

• Options
    LOL @ the Mavs

Knicks fans have no business laughing at any other franchise.

Except maybe the Clippers.

Isiah Thomas, LOL.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    No matter where James goes he aint goin to the Finals next year so he might as well get money.

Hey Batmon,

As you said earlier in this thread, cats need to stop being FANBOYS about certain players in the league and realize that it takes a TEAM to win a championship. The elements of championship teams are simple and consistent across decades:

1. True 1st and 2nd options who consistently lead the team (e.g., Jordan and Pippen; Johnson & Jabbar/Worthy; Olajuwon and Drexler).

2. Role players that provide rebounds (e.g., Rodman, Rambis, Herrera), assists (e.g., Johnson, Harper, Smith), hustle plays (e.g., Buechler, Green, Elie), additional scoring (e.g., Kukoc, Scott, Cassell), etc.

3. The ability to play half-court, one-possession basketball offensively and defensively.

That's it in a nutshell. Teams that have lacked these qualities over the years (e.g. Dallas, Indiana, New York, Phoenix until recently) or during the current season (e.g., Portland, Atlanta, Chicago, Oklahoma City, Denver, and Cleveland, etc.) will never win NBA Championships.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

LOL @ the Mavs

Isiah Thomas, LOL.

Fuck the Knicks, but NY/NBA Money > the planet

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    LOL @ the Mavs

Pretty much what the Clippers are good for.

Hey Batmon,

As you said earlier in this thread, cats need to stop being FANBOYS about certain players in the league and realize that it takes a TEAM to win a championship. The elements of championship teams are simple and consistent across decades:

1. True 1st and 2nd options who consistently lead the team.

2. Role players that provide rebounds, assists, hustle plays, additional scoring, etc.

3. The ability to play half-court, one-possession basketball offensively and defensively.

That's it in a nutshell. Teams that have lacked these qualities over the years (e.g. Dallas, Indiana, New York, Phoenix until recently) or during the current season (e.g., Portland, Atlanta, Chicago, Oklahoma City, Denver, and Cleveland, etc.) will never win NBA Championships.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• FunkyFlatulentFunkyFlatulent 1,106 Posts
    i can't believe the Cavs didn't take a time out or have a play set or ANYTHING the last three minutes or so. 9 points is only three shots.

Paging Yuichi.....

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    LOL @ the Mavs

Dirk and Lebron.

Make it happen, Tony Cubes.

LOL @ the Mavs

Isiah Thomas, LOL.

Save it for a Knicks fan.

I'm just being real.

I dont think anyone coming out in this summer's free agent market is lookin to sign a short term deal.

Tell me that Boston, Phoenix, Dallas, and San Antonio gets a STAR more endorsement dollars than New York.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Yeah I mean pelvic dust sounds like an unknown homer.His team is prolly the Pacers w/u Batmon. lol!

I don't think Lebron will end up in NYC...

But I'm glad my prediction at the top of the season (look it up!) is correct.

Yuichi stand down!

Yeah I mean pelvic dust sounds like an unknown homer.His team is prolly the Pacers w/u Batmon. lol!

Bout time someone called me out on that...haha.

I really have no idea where LELBow will end up, but i do like the rumour of him pairing up w/ Wade anywhere.

LELBOW!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh man... Tomorrow night's gonna be goody.

Yuichi stand down take that schitt to Rise Above!

LELBOW!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh man... Tomorrow night's gonna be goody.

holla

• ignastyignasty 163 Posts
    Y'all sound like Skip Bayless' retarded brother in here talmbout is LeBron the next Malone/Barkley/AI, etc.

NO

NO

NO

USE YOUR OWN COTDAMN EYEBALLS! LBJ is clearly among the most dynamic athletes in the history of the known universe, and already a two-time league MVP. Does his game look anything like Karl mfing Malone's to you???? NO. It looks like Kobe and MJ's, because that's exactly what it IS like: GREATNESS. Is LeBron the next Charles Barkley....seriously GTFOOHWTBS. Is Peyton Manning the next...Vinny Testavarde? Is Albert Pujols the next...Bernie Williams? Seriously guys, try to come up with some more underwhelming comparisons.

This is that silly fandom that im talkin about.

STEVE NASH is a 2 Time MVP as well!

Your Dick-Riding is way too deep to make u shake the illusions.

Did i say he was the next? I said if shit dont change, he can enter the 'Great w/out a Ring'Zone.

But you obvious know he's guaranteed a championship, because he's "clearly among the most dynamic athletes in the history of the known universe, and already a two-time league MVP".

Dork was MVP!

Karl Malone and Barkely are Dream Teamers and 2 of the Greatest PFs to play.
    Their numbers and awards are crazy. No Ring though.

Haha, yes I was intentionally going over the top with it. But that's just because I believe LeBron has the "x-factor" of the refuse-to-lose mentality personified by MJ and Kobe. Malone, Barkley, AI...they couldn't attain it for whatever reason. AI is one of my favorite players ever, but he just wasn't big enough.

I didn't get to pay close attention to the game tonight, but LeBron was obviously struggling, turning the ball over. 19 rebound triple-double, but almost a quadruple-double with turnovers At least Mo Williams had a good game, at least stat-wise. Surprised to see Z in there at one point. I think this indicates that Mike Brown has no idea wtf he is doing in the Playoffs, but this has been discussed already. Either way I thought whoever won this series was going to get crushed by the Magic (so odd to type that phrase, haha).

As for LeBron's future, for almost 2 years I have been saying (privately) the Knicks would lure him by freeing up enough 'cap room for 2 max contracts, which they did. My private mind-garden dream was to see LeBron and Wade in New York together, which I still think would be mind-blowing, unbeatable team. But now I'm changing my forecast to LeBron to the Bulls, with Coach Cal making a triumphant (*cough*) return to the NBA to reunite with Rose and fulfill any coach's dream of coaching the Chosen One.

the Chosen One.

Tiny Kisses

• ignastyignasty 163 Posts
    the Chosen One.

Tiny Dancer

• Options

I dont think anyone coming out in this summer's free agent market is lookin to sign a short term deal.

Tell me that Boston, Phoenix, Dallas, and San Antonio gets a STAR more endorsement dollars than New York.

He already has the endorsement dollars. Getting rings will get him more, no matter where he is.

I don't know why any player would trust the Knicks management to assemble a good team around him.

If LBJ picks the Knicks he's saying he doesn't care if he ever wins a championship.

In addition to the teams I already listed Chicago, Houston, and New Jersey would be better choices than the frigging Knicks. If he really cares about winning.

The Knicks are the Clippers of the East.

• Options
    I believe LeBron has the "x-factor" of the refuse-to-lose mentality personified by MJ and Kobe.

The last two games LeBron played with more of a choose-to-lose mentality.

Kobe had lots of shitty performances in big games along the way, too.

Neither one of them measures up to Jordan. Yet.