NBA PLAYOFFS 2010 (Wacka Flacka)

Comments

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Do you really think sticking Boozer in there with Lebron and a bunch of random humps is going to win the chip??

It just seems to me that he could do that same thing in New York for a lot more money and prestige.

Of course just Boozer isnt the only solution. Im not sold on Bosh at PF next to Lebron in NYC though either. Bosh is the BLACK D.O.R.K. Too much finesse at the PF position IMO. That might work in the regular season or in The West, but Im not seein that as the INSIDE compliment to LeBronte West.

But isn't Boozer persona non gratta (sp) in Cleveland, what after spurning them for the Great Salt Lake?

Say what you will about Vinny del Negro but one of his biggest accomplishments this season was getting the team to play defense. Noah, Deng and Kirk are all pretty strong defensively, and the rest of the squad actually made an effort.

As far as coaches go, there hasn't been that many since Phil Jackson.

Tim Floyd > Bill Cartwright > Scott Skilles > Jim Boylan (temporary) > Vinny > ???

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    [Jadakiss] Why'd Chicago have to do Vinny like that?[/Jadakiss]

Those Cartwright years were brutal.
    Eddie Robinson? Marcus Fizer? Rick Brunson? Lonny Baxter?
    Are any of those dudes still in the league?

Fizer was in the news recently. Found it:

In February 2010, Fizer signed with the Guaynabo Mets of Puerto Rico, along with Antoine Walker.

I would by that jersey if I could.

I really hope the Bulls can bring back Brad Miller very cheaply and just have him blaze his way into retirement as a bench contributor.

I still keeping hearing mixed things about whether or not Pargo is coming back. I hope not.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Gordon was asking for too much money, so he was gone either way. Salmons and Thomas were likely dealt with the idea of clearing space for the 2010 Sweepstakes.

Dude, Pargo is like a scab on the inside of your nose...shit never fully goes away!
    Next thing you know, GarPax is gonna hire HIM as head coach.

I really wanted to like Fizer, but dude sucked. Plus crappy tattoos.

Gordon was asking for too much money, so he was gone either way. Salmons and Thomas were likely dealt with the idea of clearing space for the 2010 Sweepstakes.

As one of the charter members of the T-Time fan club, I have to chime in here to say that Thomas was traded because... well because the Bulls really like Flip Murray. Honestly there's no good reason. He was going to be a restricted free agent at the end of the year and if they didn't want to resign him, they didn't have to.

Tyrus is only the latest addition in a small but exclusive club of mercurial players with a ton of upside that need a lot of coaching -- i.e. players that the Bulls can't handle. They only like "character" guys.

See:

--Jamal Crawford
    --Tyson Chandler
    --J.R. Smith
    --Ben Gordon
    --Thabo
    --Tyrus

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

As one of the charter members of the T-Time fan club, I have to chime in here to say that Thomas was traded because... well because the Bulls really like Flip Murray. Honestly there's no good reason. He was going to be a restricted free agent at the end of the year and if they didn't want to resign him, they didn't have to.

Tyrus is only the latest addition in a small but exclusive club of mercurial players with a ton of upside that need a lot of coaching -- i.e. players that the Bulls can't handle. They only like "character" guys.

See:

--Jamal Crawford
    --Tyson Chandler
    --J.R. Smith
    --Ben Gordon
    --Thabo
    --Tyrus

Ron Artest

• maocontentmaocontent 559 Posts
    I think it's 50/50 on the LeBron singing out here in Chicago. If we don't get LeBron, I don't think any of the other big ticket free agents would fit here. Bulls need a post player and one reliable three-point shooter for kickouts.

LeBron + Boozer + Bulls' existing roster could be

(Don't know if that's actually do-able cap-wise.)

And, unfortunately, acquiring Boozer also means acquiring Boozer's armpit hair.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

My mistake. Yeah, I liked Tyrus, he had a lot of potential. Maybe Larry Brown is the guy to get him on track.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I think it's 50/50 on the LeBron singing out here in Chicago. If we don't get LeBron, I don't think any of the other big ticket free agents would fit here. Bulls need a post player and one reliable three-point shooter for kickouts.

LeBron + Boozer + Bulls' existing roster could be

(Don't know if that's actually do-able cap-wise.)

And, unfortunately, acquiring Boozer also means acquiring Boozer's armpit hair.

Boozer would have to come via sign and trade, I think, and the Jazz seem more inclined to let him walk than to take on an equivalent amount of salary. Maybe there is some way to do it by involving a third team, though.

Lots of talk about Boozer, but doesn't that guy spend a third or more of each season injured?

Tyrus Thomas is the greatest NBA player in recent times, from the neck down.

I am not sold on Boozer being a difference maker.
    Yes, his numbers are solid, but he's missing that extra something.
    And yeah, Mao, his pits are second only to McHale as far as infinite black holes go.
    I can see the Bulls getting Joe Johnson for no apparent reason other than we need to sign someone this offseason.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Plus crappy tattoos.

I can't think of a single NBA player whose tattoos aren't crappy.

Plus crappy tattoos.

The Cavs have decent tattoos--Lebron's got pretty good work, and he must have sent his teammates to his dude.

b/w

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Plus crappy tattoos.

Kenyon Martin wins the prize though.

Plus crappy tattoos.

Or Matt Barnes.

Plus crappy tattoos.

Quick! Edit your poast before the boy deej sees it (Trina-related).

My imaginary coffee table book NBA Tattoos 1990-2010 book would be totally insane.

By far the weakest NBA tats are worn by Tyson Chandler, who has poorly rendered COPIES of Iverson's arm designs.

My imaginary coffee table book NBA Tattoos 1990-2010 book would be totally insane.

By far the weakest NBA tats are worn by Tyson Chandler, who has poorly rendered COPIES of Iverson's arm designs.

Mike Bibby used to have a website devoted to his tattoos, all 14 of which were of basketballs, each of which was supposedly drawn by his uncle. It included the cryptic note, "Mike does not plan on getting any more tattoos." One could sort of see why.

Also, I offer this jewel from Rashad McCants' sadly defunct website:

There is nothing like a fresh tattoo. The look of it. The feel of it. Knowing that it hurt so bad, and you wanted to quit. Just like life. When all goes bad, you just wanna quit. But the moment you decide it's not so bad, that if you just take the pain everything will be fine, is the moment you realize life isn't so bad.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Dude, Eddy Curry?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I ride hard for NYC because I live here and because there is not a snowball's chance in hell of Lebron ever going to my childhood favorites the GS Warriors.

I'd love to see Nellie coach Lebronte.

Jesus....(shuttlesworth)...since when did you start bigupping the Suns and Nellie like that?

btw, if New York goes after Monta Ellis...they'd be continuing their legacy as an organization dedicated to bringing knuckleheadz to their team. You need professionals to win a title, not athletic knuckleheadz.

I can't find a good picture of it, but J.R. Smith has a neck tattoo that makes it look like either he's got some sort of tragic skin disease or has been peppered with buckshot. As a team, the Nuggets tower over the rest of the league when it comes to godawful ink.

I always knew yall liked Purple drank, thugs, and tats but still.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

GO
    SUNS

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    I ride hard for NYC because I live here and because there is not a snowball's chance in hell of Lebron ever going to my childhood favorites the GS Warriors.

Jesus....(shuttlesworth)...since when did you start bigupping the Suns and Nellie like that?

btw, if New York goes after Monta Ellis...they'd be continuing their legacy as an organization dedicated to bringing knuckleheadz to their team. You need professionals to win a title, not athletic knuckleheadz.

Ha...

Im no Suns fan. U know ive given MYLanta plenty of hatt over the last couple of years. But i stated earlier that they could surprise cats despite their historical flameouts in the playoffs.

I really dont wanna see Boston vs LA AGAIN..........the only entertainment i get from that would be for LA to avenge themselves. After that I could care less.

Nellie is my second favorite coach in the L.
    The shit he did while in New York w/ that roster was

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Yuichi??

hahahaaaaa...i just saw this and the first shit i thought was YOUCHI MADE THE NEWS!!!

Ha...

Im no Suns fan. U know ive given MYLanta plenty of hatt over the last couple of years. But i stated earlier that they could surprise cats despite their historical flameouts in the playoffs.

I really dont wanna see Boston vs LA AGAIN..........the only entertainment i get from that would be for LA to avenge themselves. After that I could care less.

Nellie is my second favorite coach in the L.
    The shit he did while in New York w/ that roster was

okay. that's fair.

Which NY roster with Nellie u talking about?

If Lakers win today, it might be looking like Boston/LA again. I agree tho, Suns apparently have the highest scoring bench, and I know it's gonna be a tough series.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Nobody's giving Phoenix a shot. Why is that? I think they have a legitimate chance of winning this series.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Which NY roster with Nellie u talking about?

Brad Lohaus at the 2 guard w/ Anthony Mason at Point Forward.

Bonner at undersized PF.

New York hatted his style. They wanted that typical hard nose defense shit.

Plus dude knew Patrick Ewing was done and wanted to trade him while the gettin was good.

He got booted quick. I loved that season. He was a breath of fresh air in NY.

And now years later they got D'antoni......SMH.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Nobody's giving Phoenix a shot. Why is that? I think they have a legitimate chance of winning this series.

no problem
    Suns have thrived during the post-season on this "underdog" "counted out" talk
    most picked PDX and the Spurs, too

GO
    SUNS