NBA PLAYOFFS 2010 (Wacka Flacka)

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Some bullshit College coach sure aint the solution.

Calipari didnt do shit last time he was in the L.

Doug Collins, Mike Fratello, and Jeff Van Gundy(maybe), are vets that can sustain the Cavs playoff streak. I also like Byron Scott and Sam Mitchell - two young no-nonsense coaches.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts

Doug Collins, Mike Fratello, and Jeff Van Gundy(maybe), are vets that can sustain the Cavs playoff streak. I also like Byron Scott and Sam Mitchell - two young no-nonsense coaches.

I agree no college coach also add Avery Johnson to the list. As far as players go look at the possible free agent list Joe Johnson, or trades with other teams that are looking for expiring contracts like the New Orleans Hornets and try to get Darren Collison their rookie pg that filled in well for CP3....it's up to Ferry to make his pay.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I agree no college coach also add Avery Johnson to the list. As far as players go look at the possible free agent list Joe Johnson, or trades with other teams that are looking for expiring contracts like the New Orleans Hornets and try to get Darren Collison their rookie pg that filled in well for CP3....it's up to Ferry to make his pay.

Joe Johnson will be looking for max money, which I don't think the Cavs have--it would be a poor investment, anyway.

I dont think the Cavs have the dollars/cap space to shake at the top 7 free agents this summer.

Dude needs a second option. Or get a coach that will maximize Jamison's game.

The problem w/ Jamison is that dude is really a Small Forward playin at the 4. He was exposed by some real PF shit against Boston. Dude is not the banger Lebron needs on the inside. That shit works in the REGULAR SEASON against the bums. Boozer is better fit for the inside....imo.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Do you really think sticking Boozer in there with Lebron and a bunch of random humps is going to win the chip??

It just seems to me that he could do that same thing in New York for a lot more money and prestige.

Do you really think sticking Boozer in there with Lebron and a bunch of random humps is going to win the chip??

It just seems to me that he could do that same thing in New York for a lot more money and prestige.

Of course just Boozer isnt the only solution. Im not sold on Bosh at PF next to Lebron in NYC though either. Bosh is the BLACK D.O.R.K. Too much finesse at the PF position IMO. That might work in the regular season or in The West, but Im not seein that as the INSIDE compliment to LeBronte West.

Right, I'm not sold on him either... just saying that if ur gonna stay in Cleveland with some runts and, like, Boozer (or Bosh, although I think you're right, they can't afford the top tier of free agents)... why not do it in NYC?

I agree.

But his moms will get it if she comes along too!!!!!

I dont think the Cavs have the dollars/cap space to shake at the top 7 free agents this summer.

Dude needs a second option. Or get a coach that will maximize Jamison's game.

The problem w/ Jamison is that dude is really a Small Forward playin at the 4. He was exposed by some real PF shit against Boston. Dude is not the banger Lebron needs on the inside. That shit works in the REGULAR SEASON against the bums. Boozer is better fit for the inside....imo.

I agree with you as far as Jamison not being utilized correctly...Coach Brown never really ran any plays except for the high pick for Lebron and let him drive to the hole or dish it out to someone standing around on the 3 point line and in the post season that shit ain't working and it did not work. It is really going to take Danny Ferry earning his pay and coming up with something.

Right, I'm not sold on him either... just saying that if ur gonna stay in Cleveland with some runts and, like, Boozer (or Bosh, although I think you're right, they can't afford the top tier of free agents)... why not do it in NYC?

you really ride hard for NYC.......esp w/ its bullshit owner Dolan (Cablevision) and the managements ineptness...Chicago would be better.

If you were an agent how would u pitch Cleveland to your clients at this point?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts

The Dolans.

I hate to say it, but I think that as long as they own the Garden the place is cursed.

you really ride hard for NYC.......esp w/ its bullshit owner Dolan (Cablevision) and the managements ineptness...Chicago would be better.

Dude before Rose - Chicago wasnt all that. And how many coaches have they run thru in the past 10 years?

The Dolans are still there, true... but the inept management has been mostly replaced.

Who's coaching in Chi? The franchise is not without problems, right?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    sam mitchell would be great for the cavs (if lebron stays)
    bosh is good inside and shotblocks well
    he can't bang with howard but with duncan yes
    david lee as backup would be perfect
    its not as much finesse as you think (i've watched a lot of toronto this season)

I ride hard for NYC because I live here and because there is not a snowball's chance in hell of Lebron ever going to my childhood favorites the GS Warriors.

2 x best record in the NBA, Coach of the year, supporting cast for 2x NBA MVP, some of the best team facilities in the NBA, and a owner that has proven his commitment to trying to put together a winning franchise at any cost.

sam mitchell would be great for the cavs (if lebron stays)
    bosh is good inside and shotblocks well
    he can't bang with howard but with duncan yes
    david lee as backup would be perfect
    its not as much finesse as you think (i've watched a lot of toronto this season)

If cant bang w/ Howard and or Garnett/Wallace what the use then?

I dont see him at the 5 and David Lee at the 4 being that duo. David Lee is wasting away at undersized 5. Dude should be at the 4 w/ a legit Gortat type 5 alongside.

Bosh isnt that 5.

The Dolans are still there, true... but the inept management has been mostly replaced.

I agree Chicago does have problems but for the record I think LBJ is gone from Cleve...

2 x best record in the NBA(Regular season dont mean shit), Coach of the year(has peaked and hit his limit), supporting cast for 2x NBA MVP(ok), some of the best team facilities in the NBA(ok), and a owner that has proven his commitment to trying to put together a winning franchise at any cost(give me James' moms number and we'll tawk...).

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    For whatever it's worth (the King James talk has me thinking of Jesus)...

I ride hard for NYC because I live here and because there is not a snowball's chance in hell of Lebron ever going to my childhood favorites the GS Warriors.

I'd love to see Nellie coach Lebronte.

Oooooh.... that's hype.

2 x best record in the NBA(Regular season dont mean shit), Coach of the year(has peaked and hit his limit), supporting cast for 2x NBA MVP(ok), some of the best team facilities in the NBA(ok), and a owner that has proven his commitment to trying to put together a winning franchise at any cost(give me James' moms number and we'll tawk...).

rlmao

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

I think Chicago is a better destination than NYC, based on the current set up. D'Antoni can't coach Lebron. Lebron's going to do whatever he wants and nobody will be made accountable on the defensive end. At least in Chicago, there's not already an established system of no-defense like there is in NY. There's not an established system of anything - they need a new coach - but I think this works to Lebron's benefit if they can find the right coach who will push that team in the right direction. Chicago hasn't been shit for over a decade. Since drafting Noah and Rose, they're at least headed in the right direction again. Grabbing a legit vet coach and a legit HoF superstar would greatly increase their chances of building a championship team (obviously). It will take a few more moves, but I don't see Lebron going ANYWHERE that will be expected to win it all in the first year.

He could go to the Nets... Jigga + Lebron BRING IT BACK TO BROOKLYN??

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    At least Calipari can't get a pro team into NCAA violations probation.
    I can't see Lebron staying on that team. Not after 2 years of the same shit plus dude possibly bangin his mom. Cmon son. The Cavs would need to be gutted for Lebron to stay IMO and rebuilt. Literally keep Antawn, Jamario, Hickson, and MAYBE Mo and get rid of everybody else. What has happened to Lebron in last 2 years it seems in the playoffs is Lebron gets caught in the realization he is surrounded by a buncha stiffs.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    Well, if a fistfight between your (now former) head coach and your GM is considered a problem, then yes, we have problems.

• maocontentmaocontent 559 Posts
    Well, if a fistfight between your (now former) head coach and your GM is considered a problem, then yes, we have problems.

Was letting Gordon & Salmons go in the same season strictly Lebron-R salary cap maneuvering? That squad seemed so on the verge of big things a year ago.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

Was letting Gordon & Salmons go in the same season strictly Lebron-R salary cap maneuvering?
    Yes, it was salary cap jiggering, but not necessarily only for LeBron. Gordon was going to be asking for big chips after the 2009 Celtics-Bulls series, and indeed he should have with that kind of performance. And I ride for Gordon, but he stunk bad in Detroit this year. The Salmons signing was kind of a gun-for-hire deal, to see if the Bulls could push further into those same 2009 playoffs. He didn't really fit into the plan here, as witnessed by his numbers once he went to the Bucks. I do wish he'd shave that H.O.R.D.E. Tour goatee though.

I think it's 50/50 on the LeBron singing out here in Chicago. If we don't get LeBron, I don't think any of the other big ticket free agents would fit here. Bulls need a post player and one reliable three-point shooter for kickouts. I mean Wade would be some serious shit for the city (he's from Robbins), but I don't really see it being that much different from the scheme he was playing in Miami. Plus you'd have both Rose and Wade jockeying to be the "finisher."