NBA PLAYOFFS 2010 (Wacka Flacka)

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Rock, you're right.

Birdman = Knucklehead

KMart = Certainly capable of being a Knucklehead.

Melo = Not a Knucklehead but you can get inside his head too easily.

I don't know that Birdman is a knucklehead anymore...he seems to understand and play within his limitations for the most part. K-Mart is a knucklehead and will never be anything but a knucklehead. J.R. Smith has a big-time knucklehead streak in him, but he did manage to eliminate it for much of the series against the Lakers last year.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Rock - I don't doubt it. I am scared of the Mavs. I think they addressed their most major concerns with their late season moves. They definitely don't look like the same Mavs team that Denver beat in the playoffs last year. And it doesn't hurt that Kidd is playing like he's 22.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

#20 out of 30 teams in points given up is a sign that your team doesn't play defense with CONSISTENCY[/b].

Reading is fundamental.

Also, Chauncey is an excellent defender, once again, you don't know what you're talking about. He may not be as quick as he used to be, but he's still a tough defender and he helps to "quarterback" the defense by calling out the switches and rotations. Please stop looking at stats to feign your knowledge about basketball.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Dude's entire game is reaching in, slapping arms, hip checking, etc, and he gets a pass

Best defenders usually do this..That's why I was bitching all the time when Lakers went up against Bruce Bowen or Raja Bell or championship Celts.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

#20 out of 30 teams in points given up is a sign that your team doesn't play defense with CONSISTENCY[/b].

Reading is fundamental.

Also, Chauncey is an excellent defender, once again, you don't know what you're talking about. He may not be as quick as he used to be, but he's still a tough defender and he helps to "quarterback" the defense by calling out the switches and rotations. Please stop looking at stats to feign your knowledge about basketball.

#20/30 doesn't say anything? I don't understand your point.

Also, how's he an "excellent defender" if he can no longer keep his man from burning him?! Also isn't EVERYBODY supposed to call switches or yell for help?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Rock - I don't doubt it. I am scared of the Mavs. I think they addressed their most major concerns with their late season moves. They definitely don't look like the same Mavs team that Denver beat in the playoffs last year. And it doesn't hurt that Kidd is playing like he's 22.

In 3 games this year against the Mavs Melo has averaged 15 points...and each time you could see exactly how they got under the dude's skin and threw off his game from the get go.

Kidd knows this is his last chance.

Dirk was rejuvenated by the Josh Howard trade.

And after GenePontecorvo's Saints won the Super Bowl I wouldn't bet against his Mavs winning it all.....

2010 = Year Of The Bigg Dogg

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Kidd knows this is his last chance.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Dude's entire game is reaching in, slapping arms, hip checking, etc, and he gets a pass

Best defenders usually do this..That's why I was bitching all the time when Lakers went up against Bruce Bowen or Raja Bell or championship Celts.

Artest is a MUCH better defender than Bell and Bowen. But, I'll co-sign that not only do the best nba defenders play physical d, but that the nba refs let you play. if the nba refs called tight games, it would take away from the entertainment value.

reaching in? not part of an nba ref's vocabulary.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Artest is a MUCH better defender than Bell and Bowen. But, I'll co-sign that not only do the best nba defenders play physical d, but that the nba refs let you play. if the nba refs called tight games, it would take away from the entertainment value.

reaching in? not part of an nba ref's vocabulary.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    mavs were absolutely dismantled tonight. that was a rough watch.

cuban is a pain in the ass.

• Dude

Hahaha. "Denver has no knuckleheads". CLASSIC.

• mavs were absolutely dismantled tonight. that was a rough watch.

cuban is a pain in the ass.

Mavs and Dirk are good for a grand clunker in every series. Spurs played superbly last night. Let's see if they can keep it up. Homecourt is minimal in this rivalry: each team can win at either venue.

It did suck though, no doubt!!!! God I hate the Spurs!!!!!!

Homecourt is minimal in this rivalry: each team can win at either venue.

Truedat. I'm glad the Spurs won one in Dallas, but it's far from a sure thing that they'll be able to prevent Dallas from returning the favor. And while Dirk probably won't be duplicating his game 1 performance, he won't be duplicating his game 2 performance, either.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    The Spurs are Hard To Kill

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    San Antonio...is just like Compton.

• The Spurs are Hard To Kill

Pop v. Phillip: who is the better coach?

I might take Pop......

San Antonio...is just like Compton.

Word to the muthafuckin' DJ Quik!

I might take Pop......

Phil - no question

I might take Pop......

Phil - no question

I don't get it.

Who's done more with less?

Is it "the Triangle" or Shaq/Kobe/Jordo/Pipp?

Big Fundamental plus Defense plus Euros and Bruce Bowen = 4 rings.

What you got?

I might take Pop......

Phil - no question

I don't get it.

What you got?

Here we go w/ the Jackson had great teams and Pop won w/ mediocre talent nonsense.

I might take Pop......

Phil - no question

I don't get it.

What you got?

Here we go w/ the Jackson had great teams and Pop won w/ mediocre talent nonsense.

Here we go with a classic Batmon-esque dismissal without really sayin shit.

You ain't the expert, but I'm willing to listen if you want to talk.

We can eliminate the 52 game Ring - I wont count that bullshit.

Tim Duncan
    The Admiral
    Steve Smith
    Manu Ginobli
    Steve Kerr
    Steven Jackson
    Bruce Bowen
    Tony Parker
    Danny Ferry
    Malik Rose
    Kevin Willis

This a do more with less Championship squad?

I love me some POP, but when dude came down from Management, he didnt jump into a losing situation. And Duncan in his prime is in the same boat as any of Phil's stars.

I might take Pop......

Phil - no question

I don't get it.

What you got?

Did i ever claim to be the expert. That's ur insecurity.

Lets not make this about me or u and talk basketball shit.

Check.

I might take Pop......

Phil - no question

I don't get it.

What you got?

Did i ever claim to be the expert. That's ur insecurity.

Lets not make this about me or u and talk basketball shit.

Check.

Hey man, that's what I'm sayin!

I love Phillip the individual and he is undoubtedly a great coach. It's an interesting debate I think, not "no question" or "nonsense". Hence the expert accusations. It's fun to mix it up too.

I used to be one of those dudes that thought Phil has always been privileged to play w/ GREAT players and never really had to "prove" himself w/ "rebuilding".

Like I said earlier POP joined the Twin Towers Era and has done an excellent job in keeping the franchise at a high level.

But the 'More With Less' Critique doesnt hold up when comparing these two coaches....IMO.

It took a whole lot more coaching to make Tim Duncan the great that he is than it did to do the same for MJ and Kobe.

• I used to be one of those dudes that thought Phil has always been privileged to play w/ GREAT players and never really had to "prove" himself w/ "rebuilding".

Like I said earlier POP joined the Twin Towers Era and has done an excellent job in keeping the franchise at a high level.

But the 'More With Less' Critique doesnt hold up when comparing these two coaches....IMO.

The Spurs ring-teams have not been bereft of talent, I agree. They just seem to have been perfectly calibrated and had to run at peak performance to win and they did it four times (three, whatever). Phil had the larger than life cats who are singular and special, faces-of-the-league types with the rarest of killer instincts in Jordan and Kobe/Shaq. It's the rebuilding thing you mention above ultimately for me, and perhaps that isn't valid.

It took a whole lot more coaching to make Tim Duncan the great that he is than it did to do the same for MJ and Kobe.

True.

But MJ didnt get a title until 8 years into is career and Pippin got on.

KOBE had Shaq, and wasnt THE MAN during those Champioships. I doubt KOBE would have LEAD those LA teams to a chip w/ out SHAQ and them in his first 5 seasons.

I dont see how one can accurately gauge all those cats growths while in a Champoinship team.

Yes KOBE came from B-Ball pedigree so he did have an advantage, but did he make less mistake than Duncan or MJ in his first 5 years?

I used to be one of those dudes that thought Phil has always been privileged to play w/ GREAT players and never really had to "prove" himself w/ "rebuilding".

The Spurs ring-teams have not been bereft of talent, I agree. They just seem to have been perfectly calibrated and had to run at peak performance to win and they did it four times (three, whatever). Phil had the larger than life cats who are singular and special, faces-of-the-league types with the rarest of killer instincts in Jordan and Kobe/Shaq. It's the rebuilding thing you mention above ultimately for me, and perhaps that isn't valid.

Robinson and Duncan are larger than life NBA players IMO.

True.

But MJ didnt get a title until 8 years into is career and Pippin got on.

KOBE had Shaq, and wasnt THE MAN during those Champioships. I doubt KOBE would have LEAD those LA teams to a chip w/ out SHAQ and them in his first 5 seasons.

I dont see how one can accurately gauge all those cats growths while in a Champoinship team.

Yes KOBE came from B-Ball pedigree so he did have an advantage, but did he make less mistake than Duncan or MJ in his first 5 years?

I'm not trying to take away from Phil. Without his coaching genius, neither Chicago nor LA would have done so well. But how many of those rings was Phil expected to win vs. the Spurs seemingly coming out of the woodworks each time they took one?