NBA PLAYOFFS 2010 (Wacka Flacka)

Comments

• Portland w/out Roy beats PHX in Phoenix, finally some excitement in the first round!

if any team has shown a repeated tendency to screw themselves, it's phoenix.

As long as Nash is running the point, they're running and gunning themselves into the ground EVERY post season.

I wouldnt blame Nash on the Suns flameouts. He can play in a haffcourt Playoff system if the franchise chose to.

As much as I dont back them overall, I think they could actually suprise cats.

They've never done shit. They ain't never doing shit.

wow, impressive analysis. you really know your shit!

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Any bets on how many times Paula Pierce falls down tonight acting like she got hit by a car?

• Any bets on how many times Paula Pierce falls down tonight acting like she got hit by a car?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

They've never done shit. They ain't never doing shit.

wow, impressive analysis. you really know your shit!

What else can I say about them that I haven't said?

Fuckin' Paula Pierce. And Wade's the one laying on the ground.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    The Truth!!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Any bets on how many times Paula Pierce falls down tonight acting like she got hit by a car?

Haha, nah not really. Don't care much about either team, I just don't like the Celtics. Love Ray Allen though.

Denver @ Utah looks to be another whistlefest. Edit: Actually, good pace so far. I always liked this guy Paul Milsap. 9 for 9 at the half is pretty incredible.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    dallas is gonna fuck themselves with this three point guard shit. all they're doing is dribbling around and jacking up low percentage jumpers.
    dirk flops like a soccer player, btw.

Haha, nah not really. Don't care much about either team, I just don't like the Celtics. Love Ray Allen though.

Denver @ Utah looks to be another whistlefest. Edit: Actually, good pace so far. I always liked this guy Paul Milsap. 9 for 9 at the half is pretty incredible.

looks like you spoke too soon. this is one of the most one sided whistle affairs i've ever seen in the playoffs. there is absolutely no consistency to calls whatsoever. what a bunch of horseshit.

oh, and if this idiot announcer uses the phrase "wanted it more" again to explain why a player gets a loose ball, i'm gonna throw my tv out the window.

Go Jazz!

dallas is gonna fuck themselves with this three point guard shit. all they're doing is dribbling around and jacking up low percentage jumpers.
    dirk flops like a soccer player, btw.

I noticed that too. They execute horribly down the stretch.

Probably cuz their game is never inside-outside to begin with.

Looks like everyone (myself included) were discounting the Spurs again.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Utah > Denver

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Dirk plays his ass off.

JKidd/Damp/Butler = 2 for 10 shooting

Sorry shit

• Well, as soon as I heard Danny Crawford was reffing, I had to write off game 3.

It's really strange when your team is 1 and 16 in games when a certain referee is present. Really strange.

Once Jason Kidd shows up, we got this.

I was pretty hype in the third quarter when JJB was runnin shit but it stopped working in 4Q and Carlisle got stubborn.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Lakers just got their asses waxed

• Options
    I am horrendously disconnected: apparently Oklahoma has a team?!? Since when? Wow...

LA/OKC - we got a series.

Lakers just got their asses waxed

Yup. Before this thread, I expressed my concerns.

Them kids are for real.

• OKC is exciting.

That said....how do you see the series playing out?

A) Lakers turn on the KIller, close out in 6.

B) OKC takes it to 7, gets blown out in game 7

C) OKC Loses a close game 7

D) OKC pulls the upset

I think A.

Big game for my Mavs tonight. I'm still feeling my prediction but these dudes need to show out tonight. I'm concerned that Carlisle can't outcoach Pop. Who you got? Them boys gut it out, I say, but then I would.

ENJOY THE SUNDAY SLATE, FIENDS.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    That Durant kid might be a star in the future.

looks like you spoke too soon. this is one of the most one sided whistle affairs i've ever seen in the playoffs. there is absolutely no consistency to calls whatsoever. what a bunch of horseshit.

Haha yeah, after that edit, I was just too annoyed to bother coming back to post, and plus you know how the damn peanut gallery is in here, so I just gave up on that one. One more shot tonight for a win though, or it's over.

OKC has been a joy to watch this series. I truly hope they can get one in LA. Take that little snicker right off Kobe's face. In the post-game interview he kinda laughed as if to say "we WANTED to win these 2 games to just end it early" as if it's in the bag for them from here on out, and those two losses were just a minor inconvenience. That could be true, but it still annoys me the way he acts. It was also very annoying when he cried about that travel call (where he DID travel), and they actually turned the call around. That doesn't happen for anybody else in the NBA, except maybe Lebron. Bullshit.

GP - Nuggets are right where the Mavs are now. I feel exactly the same. Dantley obviously can't out-coach Sloan, so Chauncey's gonna have to try to put his coaching hat on and Melo's gonna have to really go for the kill tonight. They can't let the officiating get in their heads, they just have to continue to play hard. As for SAS/Dallas, I hope to see Dallas win. Not a Spurs fan at all, one of my most hated.

Rock - I will be the first to say you called it. Back when he was drafted, you said he would be one of the best players in the NBA in no time. You were right. I'm glad too, although it's unfortunate that he plays in the NW, haha.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Lakers in 6

Utah in 7

SAS in 7

They can't let the officiating get in their heads, they just have to continue to play hard.

they may want to stop fouling too

b/w

funny how the Laker/ThunderSonics series is such a joy to watch but more whistles have been blown in the last 2 games than in any of the other series

Cuban needs to tear that thing down already......I Love Dirk..but he's not a #1 option.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Cuban needs to tear that thing down already......I Love Dirk..but he's not a #1 option.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I didn't say the game was fun to watch, I said their team has been a joy to watch.

How many fouls were called in the last 2 Lakers/Thunder games exactly?

How many fouls were called in the last 2 Lakers/Thunder games exactly?

82 OKC 40 LAL

i'm speaking more about disparity when comparing the other series

No complaints here though because the calls/non-calls were legit.....the bigger problem is The Lakers being punked on the glass and L.A not exposing the illegal defense OKC is playing.......personally i don't find any joy watching any team (Lakers included) shoot 40 free throws a game...but most of the time its the players to blame and not the refs.......MOST of the time,not all

the illegal defense OKC is playing

???

outside of actual personal fouls, or 3-second lane violations which are a tech, there is no illegal form of defense or illegal defensive scheme that i'm aware of. (zone was reinstated as "legal" in 2001).

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    OKC wont win another game. It was fun while it lasted.

the illegal defense OKC is playing

???

outside of actual personal fouls, or 3-second lane violations which are a tech, there is no illegal form of defense or illegal defensive scheme that i'm aware of. (zone was reinstated as "legal" in 2001).

Section VIII-Defensive Three-Second Rule
    a. The count starts when the offensive team is in control of the ball in the front-court.
    b. Any defensive player, who is positioned in the 16-foot lane or the area extending 4 feet past the lane endline, must be actively guarding an opponent within three seconds. Actively guarding means being within arms length of an offensive player and in a guarding position.