NBA PLAYOFFS 2010 (Wacka Flacka)

Comments

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Magic are gonna take it this year, it's theirs to lose. In the east Cleveland is looking good, and Atlanta might be a sleeper. We'll see how it unfolds. I wanna see the Mavs outta the west, defiantly rooting for the Blazers tho in a bust a bucket miracle. None of this matters tho, This is the Magic's year.

• Portland w/out Roy beats PHX in Phoenix, finally some excitement in the first round!

if any team has shown a repeated tendency to screw themselves, it's phoenix.

oh man, what horrible final 3 minutes for both teams.

So, u guys think the Jazz have any chance without Okur?

Is Okur done for the whole series?

ruptured achilles = out for season

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Organization/system + coach + superstar + roleplayers.

All peaking at the same time w/o injuries.

Anyone think Garnett's suspension was too much??

Will it make a difference??

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Anyone think Garnett's suspension was too much??

Rasheed can start

Magic are gonna take it this year, it's theirs to lose.

Im for the Magic as well, but in NO way is it 'theirs to lose'.

They are not the defending champions and regular seasons wins dont mean shit.

• Anyone think Garnett's suspension was too much??

Nope. He 'po to be smarter than that. QRich GOT him. I heard he went over to ask if Pierce was faking it, which is hilarious.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    The only thing I learned this weekend is that Michael Beasley is a Bust.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Magic are gonna take it this year, it's theirs to lose.

Im for the Magic as well, but in NO way is it 'theirs to lose'.

They are not the defending champions and regular seasons wins dont mean shit.

Touche, that was worded wrong. I really think Cleveland is gonna be the only roadblock. Vince Carter is the x factor, a little inconsistent this season but has shown flashes of his old self.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Vince Carter is the x factor, a little inconsistent this season but has shown flashes of his old self.

That's Carter in a nutshell. What's new this year is the flashes of his new (read: soon-to-be-old) self.

You gotta think this is Cleveland's year. Shaq's last stand, plus Antawn Cortez Jamison and the rest of the team from last year. If Shaq plays remotely as good as he looked against the Bulls on Saturday, they're obviously as good a bet as anyone else.

Shaq's last stand, .

This is the real story.

Dude could be that shit against Howard if they meet Orlando.

He looked pretty good, yet the Bulls dont have any legit Centers.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Rock,

visit any forum or message board about the Warriors and you will see hate spewn messages about our owner Chris Cohan.

Rock,

visit any forum or message board about the Warriors and you will see hate spewn messages about our owner Chris Cohan.

Nationally he's unknown though.

Maverick fans LOVE Cuban, it's the rest of the folks that hate him and that's very telling.

My brother who lives in Atlanta and is a Mav's fan sent Cuban an email just on a lark and he got back a personal answer within 24 hours....I don't see too many owners doing that.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The clippers owner has been nationally mocked for years.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    that's because he's a racist, misogynistic piece of shit though (sterling). cuban hate is based in the fact that yeah, everyone wishes that their team had an owner like that-- although cuban has a tendency to lack any tact whatsoever when he opens his mouth or makes his frowny face as he frat boys it up on the baseline.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Cuban is disliked because he sits on the sideline and talks shit. I find it kind of entertaining, especially when the Mavericks lose.

Donald Sterling is in a league of his own.

I'd rather have a billionaire frat boy living vicariously through his team and genuinely giving a rat's ass whether they are good or not than the majority of these dudes that only care about the dollar.

The first time I ever saw Cuban interviewed locally after he bought the team he said "I'm worth 2 billion dollars which means I can piss away a billion and I'm still a billionaire".

Considering our previous owner was Ross Perot that was a breath of freash air.

Props to Cuban for giving the team state of the art training facilities. Shit is extra luxurious type steez.

On the flip side - it may have made dudes soft.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I stayed at one of Marc Cuban's houses in Mexico this past weekend.

Okay that's all I have to offer to this thread. Carry on...

Wow Denver looks terrible right now. This is what I was afraid of seeing.

Jerry Sloan

I knew Denver was going to lose this one. Lack of effort, they should've never given up that big lead in the 2nd quarter. Denver needs to win both games in Utah and close this out at home.

And the officiating was absolute dogshit in this game, both ways. That shit is really making it harder and harder to watch the NBA because it just keeps getting worse.

And the officiating was absolute dogshit in this game, both ways.

b/w

I love when charles is drunk.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Us hating on Dork is like us hating on Texas.

?? Please kill this noise.

Jerry Sloan

He is a real good disciplinarian.

I just did a quick search and found that the Jazz have had ONE LOSING SEASON in the past 27. You could call it mediocrity cuz they've never won a title, but I doubt any other team has had that kind of consistency.

You also have to complement the management for bringing in players that will buy into a team philosophy. It's basketball 101, but the Jazz are one of the few teams in the NBA that execute this free-flowing effortless style of offense (cuts, pick and roll, movement without the ball, looking for the easiest basket). Rick Adelman teams do this very well too.

Jazz are awfully tough to beat at home. Gonna be interesting to see what happens in the rest of this series. Would be a big upset if the Jazz are able to pull it off without Kirilenko and Okur.

If they go down, the Lakers only have to worry about the Mavs in the West.

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts

Bad foul by Melo and bad shots by Chauncey late.

Deron Williams w/ 33 pts and 14 asts. Is he the best PG in the L now??

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Us hating on Dork is like us hating on Texas.

?? Please kill this noise.

Don't get mad - we hate on Kobe and LA too.

• And the officiating was absolute dogshit in this game, both ways.

b/w

I love when charles is drunk.

I heard CWebb on Petros and Money last night, and apparently the Chuckster is more into "Law & Order" or "Real Housewives" than NBA playoff basketball.

And the officiating was absolute dogshit in this game, both ways.

You must really enjoy watching a bunch of athletes stand around, because that's what it was. Foul calls every 10 seconds the whole fucking game, so annoying. That's why people say college ball rules. I'm starting to agree. I love the athleticism and strength and talent of pro players, but the game is just too soft now. Let these guys play! They are so selective with the fouls they call and a foul by a player on one end is not a foul by another player on the other end (or it's called the other way). It's bullshit.