NBA PLAYOFFS 2010 (Wacka Flacka)

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Us hating on Dork is like us hating on Texas. It's not like it's so bad in reality, but the homers keep making it sound like shangri-fuckin-la! All the time. Easy to hate on that. Tbh I hate the Mavs as a franchise, mainly 'cause of Cuban, and will root against them at most opportunities. And hating on Dork is mainly a function of that.

Mavs fans kick and yell and scream about how underappreciated Dork is... I don't think anyone underappreciates his talent or level of play... but for all the fuss made... Dude couldn't do it with Nash, hasn't done it with Kidd... maybe they'll do it this year. Y'all look good. But I don't know how anyone should be expected to appreciate him MORE.

Because he is the best white player in the game? Do you get an award for that?? lol.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    Kinda surprised SVG went with Anderson over Bass as backup PF (since Bass got the backup minutes against Charlotte usually) - wonder if that'll stick the rest of the series.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Us hating on Dork is like us hating on Texas. It's not like it's so bad in reality, but the homers keep making it sound like shangri-fuckin-la! All the time. Easy to hate on that. Tbh I hate the Mavs as a franchise, mainly 'cause of Cuban, and will root against them at most opportunities. And hating on Dork is mainly a function of that.

Mavs fans kick and yell and scream about how underappreciated Dork is... I don't think anyone underappreciates his talent or level of play... but for all the fuss made... Dude couldn't do it with Nash, hasn't done it with Kidd... maybe they'll do it this year. Y'all look good. But I don't know how anyone should be expected to appreciate him MORE.

Because he is the best white player in the game? Do you get an award for that?? lol.

Hating on Cuban is pure jealousy....there's not a sports fan alive that wouldn't want a guy with his passion and money to own THEIR team.

Mav fans know how good Dirk is, but the fact remains that there is not another player in the NBA that get's nearly the hate here that Dork does.....not even close.....as a matter of fact, I can't think of another player that gets ANY of the hate Dirk does.

So the legit reasons are ....His fans say he's underappreciated so we hate Dirk....we hate the owner of the team he plays for so we hate Dirk....he hasn't carried a team on his back to a championship like the beloved Barkley or Iverson did, so we hate Dirk.

Haters.....pfft......most of it is jealousy.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I personally hate Jason Kidd 50,000X's more than I hate Dirk.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    svg hasn't known what to do with bass. dude's way too good to be riding pine for that sorry ass excuse for a coach.

and to that other bs: dork doesn't really get hated on hereabouts. we call him what he is: a great jump shooter. especially for a seven footer.
    calling him under-appreciated is the first step in attaining mav fandom, apparently.

fine, i'll say it. you all would be a first round exit if it wasn't for caron butler and brendan haywood. easy.

I am definitely not jealous of having Mark Cuban in my town. You guys can have him.

As far as Dork... Like I've said repeatedly, he's a great player. What else are you looking for out of me? Would I trade an entire (mythical) squad to get him? NO, because it's been proven over and over that he can't carry a team.

I am definitely not jealous of having Mark Cuban in my town. You guys can have him.

As far as Dork... Like I've said repeatedly, he's a great player. What else are you looking for out of me? Would I trade an entire (mythical) squad to get him? NO, because it's been proven over and over that he can't carry a team.

JP.....I was addressing the SS collective who post on the NBA threads.

You can not, nor should you, do anything to answer for all their Dork hate.

No one hates on other team owners BECAUSE NO ONE KNOWS WHO THE HELL MOST OF THEM ARE!!!!.

Bunch of old men in suits who look at the bottom line more than their team.

Cuban is everything I'd want in a team owner...he cares, he's a fan, he spends.

I personally hate Jason Kidd 50,000X's more than I hate Dirk.

This I can understand.

If he hadn't done what he did with my Cal Bears (beating Duke) my hatred would be unbridled. As it is, it's limited to a mere dislike.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

JP.....I was addressing the SS collective who post on the NBA threads.

You can not, nor should you, do anything to answer for all their Dork hate.

I really havent seen the EXTRA Dork hatt in these threads in a long minute.

This is not like 2/3 years ago when everybody was throwin jabs at dude.

Dude isnt even on the radar anymore like he used to be.

Yet you spin this HATT to be like still alive in 2010.

Theyre legit contenders this year. End of story.

Theyre legit contenders this year. End of story.

I'll be sending BatFox a Dirk Bobble-Head.

If Bynum plays that way for the rest of the playoffs, LA is killin shit.

I dont know if The Lakers were Good or OKC was just Young and Surprised.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    svg hasn't known what to do with bass. dude's way too good to be riding pine for that sorry ass excuse for a coach.

Thinking about it, Bass stopped making sense for the Magic the moment they decided to match Gortat's offer sheet.

Offensively, Anderson is the more natural fit since he's pretty much Rashard-lite. And despite Bass's rep, I was surprised to find out Anderson has been the better rebounder this year and has been a bit quicker on picking up the defensive rotations - on the whole, pretty much been a wash defensively. Combine that with Bass's higher turnover rate + lesser ball distribution skills, it makes sense.

The only way Bass has a future with the Magic is if they prefer him over Gortat as backup C. You'd think at least one of Gortat/Bass will be traded this off-season, and it makes more sense to trade Bass.

What about the fact that the Lakers played great, OKC stunk it up and it was only a single digit win?? In L.A. no less.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Portland w/out Roy beats PHX in Phoenix, finally some excitement in the first round!

Press Hop and the NBA commercials are the same guy.

Man. The Press Hop was mildly funny for a second, but the commercials suck balls. I bet the guy got some good money for those commercials too. They could've at least used some better music to techno-chop the vocals to.

GP - No. Dork is his name forever, deal.

Rock - No hate here, he's just easy to make fun of, plus I like to see GP get a little upset, haha. Dork's a baller either way. His big knock was always that he was a pussy around the rim for a 7 footer, but it seems as though he's improved that quite a bit.

Nuggets/Jazzz game two this evening, let's see if Denver can maintain their dominance at home.

Also, I hope Charlotte and OKC each get at least one win. It's good to see first-timers, but it sucks when they just get swept.

if green et al can step up the point scoring, it will be a series. okc has shown a few times that they can be successful when durant is neutralized, but when they can't space the floor b/c the non-durant dudes are not shooting well, they lose-- teams can double on durant beyond the perimeter b/c nobody else is a threat. westbrook had a nice game, but i don't see him carrying the team to any w's by himself.

What about the fact that the Lakers played great, OKC stunk it up and it was only a single digit win?? In L.A. no less.

"keep hope alive"

Does OKC has any Playoff veterans in the locker room, beside a backup PG in a Coach?

It was cool to see Nenad Krstic in the Playoffs after the Nets gave up on dude.

Portland w/out Roy beats PHX in Phoenix, finally some excitement in the first round!

if any team has shown a repeated tendency to screw themselves, it's phoenix.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    Does OKC has any Playoff veterans in the locker room, beside a backup PG in a Coach?

Sefolosha (Bulls) and Collison (Sonics) are the only ones of note, I think. Etan Thomas (Wizards) isn't going to be a factor. There were a few others, but they were waived by mid-season.

• The only time JP posts in this thread is after I do.

• RG I'ma give you what-for next time I see you!

AMARE JUST DUNKED ON SOMEONE!!!!!!!

• Carry a team?

Even Kobe needed a bus'ass Gasol to get over.

Celtics needed 3 dudes to hold hands and hope and pray they could win it.

LeBron = best in the world, can't carry team.

D Wade = with the help of the zebras, he will carry your team.

Carry a team?

He can carry Dallas.

Weve been here before - please stop.

All great teams have 2 or 3 dudes.

New Dallas with Butler is better equipped than the same Jet/Howard/Dork Group that Dork couldNOT get over the hump.

• Portland w/out Roy beats PHX in Phoenix, finally some excitement in the first round!

oh man, what horrible final 3 minutes for both teams.

So, u guys think the Jazz have any chance without Okur?

oh man, what horrible final 3 minutes for both teams.

So, u guys think the Jazz have any chance without Okur?

Is Okur done for the whole series?

Carry a team?

He can carry Dallas.

Weve been here before - please stop.

All great teams have 2 or 3 dudes.

New Dallas with Butler is better equipped than the same Jet/Howard/Dork Group that Dork couldNOT get over the hump.

Josh Howard = Hump

• That's what I am saying.

The concept of "carrying a team" in the L is a myth. If you need someone to carry your team you lost already. Organization/system + coach + superstar + roleplayers.

Is Okur done for the whole series?

Gotta be.