NBA PLAYOFFS 2010 (Wacka Flacka)

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
EAST:Cleveland > ChicagoOrlando > CharlotteAtlanta > MilwaukeeBoston > MiamiWEST:Lakers > Oklahoma CityDallas > San AntonioPhoenix vs Porland = Cant Call ItUtah > DenverFINALS:Orlando vs Dallas - I hopeOrlando for the CHIPGO.....

Comments

• i got all the same as you, except Phoenix over Portland and Denver over Utah.

East is a lock... only team i see with a chance is maybe The Bucks.

and i'm not gonna call it or anything, but, i think OKC could put up a real good series against LA

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i got all the same as you, except Phoenix over Portland and Denver over Utah.

and i'm not gonna call it or anything, but, i think OKC could put up a real good series against LA

Milkwaukee is the Dark Horse? Interesting.

I wanna see Artest vs Durant.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    i got all the same as you, except Phoenix over Portland and Denver over Utah.

You do know that Bogut's out, right?

• yeah, i sort of forgot that Bogut's hurt. still see them winning before any of the other Eastern underdogs, though....

good call on Durant/Artest matchup. I think it's gonna be real interesting how LA matches up with Jeff Green, Westbrook, and Harden.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

EAST:

Cleveland > Chicago, yeah, but the inevitable pushing, shoving and grandstanding of the one noah will be worth the watch
    Orlando > Charlotte, i cry. i would like charlotte to win this one, and i do see it going to 6 games, but it's hard to pick the cats over the magic, who are playing out of their skulls at the perfect time
    Atlanta > Milwaukee hopefully within five. with bogut out, i don't think the deer has much of a shot
    Boston > Miami, i'm saying miami>boston in an all out 7 game riot. boston has been looking haggard and slow, but miami isn't a great team.

WEST:

Lakers > Oklahoma City, as much as i'd like it to be reversed, too many young player mistakes with okc
    Dallas > San Antonio, olds are done
    Phoenix vs Porland = Cant Call It, i say phx, reluctantly. with a hobbled roy, portland can't be the offensive threat that they were just a few games ago. also: did you guys know that amare is good at dunking?
    Utah > Denver, denver>utah, but it's a great matchup.

FINALS:
    i'm going (super) long shot and say LA vs. ATL... I can't wait to see how Crawford plays, dude is pretty amped about finally making it.

chip, LA. my hands now hurt from typing that.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Cleveland
    Orlando
    Atlanta
    Boston
    This should be the more consistent, playoff ready teams making it, since miami will fight hard but ultimately not make it
    Lakers
    Dallas
    Pheonix
    Denver

Final
    LA vs Cle or ORL, the nba is hoping for its dream matchup

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    LA vs CL for the finals.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    FYI, Denver owned Utah this season 3-1. And we have home court, and we were one of the best home teams in the league this year (7 home losses). Now, given Denver's recent struggles and the fact that they have no head coach, I suppose that evens the matchup, but it's not a lock for either team. I still give Denver the edge in this series, mainly because of home court advantage. We are a great home team, just a terrible road team.

JimBeam - I would LOVE to see ATL get to the finals, or at least the ECF.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    EAST:

Cleveland > Chicago
    Orlando > Charlotte
    Atlanta > Milwaukee
    Boston > Miami

WEST:

Lakers > Oklahoma City
    Dallas > San Antonio
    Portland > Phoenix
    Denver > Utah

FINALS:

Orlando > Lakers

• To win it all!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Anybody catch the "Friends of Melo in Utah" add during the game? Crazy

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

nike viralism

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Does Chicago have any cap room for this off season, cause they need to upgrade. If they dont - if i was Rose - id be outta there.

for real. i was watching that game and kept thinking that i literally feel bad for derrick rose in chicago-- they took what was an almost viable playoff roster last season-- (at least enough to make it exciting,) and pretty much removed all of the key players around him in the ensuing season.

it's not quite as egregious, but it's like watching wade in miami. dude takes a ton of physical punishment with his style of play, but that could be somewhat minimized if, oh, i dunno SOMEBODY SET A FUSKIN PIC for the dude. wade can't do it all himself. he knows that. at some point, he realizes he's not getting the help he needs and just shuts it down for the evening. the last quarter of that game last night was awful.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I'm feelin' ABC's choice of music. Sounds like Dj Quik playing in the highlights. lol

I hate the NBA commercials where they synch up player and coach interviews with cheesy ez-techno garbage.

Every home team is 1-0 so far. Not much excitement. Melo's 42 was kinda exciting though, as was JR's 4th quarter.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Melo's 42 was kinda exciting though, as was JR's 4th quarter.

12-14 FG 12-12 FT 36 Pts.

Ridiculous

Dork? Yeah he was playin' a little today, heh.

I feel like those NBA commercials bit off this.

Mavs are looking good.

LA seemed to turn it up today. Durant's facing a real defense now. Bynum comeback is big.

Phoenix, same shit, different year.

Looks like the Nuggets are advancing with ease.

Scores are way down.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    Press Hop and the NBA commercials are the same guy.

Press Hop and the NBA commercials are the same guy.

oh word.

• Dear Phoenix,

Please let Dudley shoot more. We promise you will be on vacation by the end of the month.

Best Regards,
    Rip City

• Y'all need to kill this Dork noise. He owns all of you.

SHOW THE MAN SOME MOTHER-FUSKIN RESPECT YOU BASEKETBALL NIMRODS.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Dork looked good last night, no doubt.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Bulls can offer a player a max-type deal this off-season -- and that's why they traded Salmons for pennies on the dollar; he had an option for next season at an unreasonably high rate for the way he was playing and they thought he would take it.

Whether or not anyone wants to play for the Bulls, they of feuding white outside shooters from the 1990s, is a whole 'nother story.

Y'all need to kill this Dork noise. He owns all of you.

You sound white.

If the Mavs don't win the Championship it will be Dorkasoid's fault.

If they win it will be because of JKidd.....and Matrix......and Butler.....

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Y'all talking about Noringski? Or some other Dork?

But actually all jokes should be reserved for the Suns today.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    That's kind of true, though. Would they be in the same position without all of the good moves made in 09/10?

Dork & Kidd have been together in Dallas for a while now. If they were going to carry the team on their backs, wouldn't they have done it already?

Y'all need to kill this Dork noise. He owns all of you.

You sound white.

If the Mavs don't win the Championship it will be Dorkasoid's fault.

If they win it will be because of JKidd.....and Matrix......and Butler.....

mostly butler though.

That's kind of true, though. Would they be in the same position without all of the good moves made in 09/10?

Dork & Kidd have been together in Dallas for a while now. If they were going to carry the team on their backs, wouldn't they have done it already?

Honestly, the only reason I can come up with of why Dirk gets little love from the SS peanut gallery is either because he's Euro or because he's white.

He's unquestionably the best caucasoid player in the game so if you don't respect him and his game you certainly don't respect the rest of them.

The dude plays his ass off, has improved in every area of the game since he came into the L, and if you lived here in Dallas you'd know he is just a down to earth dude with a passion for the game.

What he did last night was as good a Playoff performance as anyone has ever had....those were Walton-like Final Four #'s.

If I'm wrong, I'd like to hear a legit reason to hate on the dude.

Yeah, I just said that.