DON'T STEP ON MY HEELS - 2.0

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    But are you down with the catorialist?

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    brilliant idea! thank you for passing it along.

i check sartorialist every so often but i also like http://lookbook.nu and that wardrobe remix group on flickr i shared in the old heels thread

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Have you noticed the level of creativity has plummeted on wardrobe remix?

But are you down with the catorialist?

hahah!
    So good! The Feline Apparel ad is perfect.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    I don't have anything much else to add.

Great fur-lined coat up there.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

Have you noticed the level of creativity has plummeted on wardrobe remix?

i think that's inevitable as the number of members grow.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Footwear forecast: I predict that knock-offs of these McQueen sandals will be adorning the faux-tanned feet of young women across America by the end of this summer.

Include your own forecast, please. I'm curious.

On another note, I love Chanel pumps. I can really appreciate black 'n white when it's done right. (Rhymes) Even when it's out of season.

I like the ones that are at at 8 o'clock and the ones with the white tips the best. A couple of them are fugly, imo.

• snosno 332 Posts
    Yea, I just don't know my size in this brand. The couple of places I know that carry APC in the city don't have shoes in right now that I can try on to know how I fit into their stuff. I really wish they would open a store up here. Anyway I am checking back.
    But really, the price still bugs me, too.

yeah, i know what you're saying. i personally couldn't pay that much - i tend to think of things like airfare or electronics when clothes get into the $400 range, ha ha ha. they are super though, i love the polished mahogany leather and the tassels are incredibly cute

For APC shoes this season, it's safe to have a look at the real thing if there's an APC shops. This season's desert boots were made in China while some other derby style shoes were made in Portugal. But they charge the same no matter where it was made. Frankly for the amount of money APC is asking, you'd be better off with some real British bench-made shoes.

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    I don't even know what to say about these things. They don't even belong in the Heels thread but they aren't sneakers either, really. I just have to share. I guess they are good for yoga and training and they do look as if they could be a very comfortable alternative to going barefoot. But they also look like Hobbit feet.

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    On the more fashionable tip, I like these and could actually wear them in the city and on the subway without killing myself:

Those are adorable, LadyDay. I don't like chunky heels and I don't like stilettos, but those are perfect. They make me want to buy nicer shoes, but it'll be like 5 years before I have enough disposable income to do so.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I know these aren't heels but the guys will look at me funny if I post this elsewhere. This thread seems safe enough.

You ever find the freshest gift for your girl AFTER you breakup with them?? You ever feel tempted to buy it for them juuuuuuust in case?

These outfits would be PERFECT for my ex, but right now sh*t is way too complicated for me to buy her anything (don't get it twisted, a nice dude does not equal a simp!):

I have a few friends that would look just as fly in these, but they aren't anywhere near $250 gift status. They most likely won't ever be. (Intentionally)

I've been known to pick up little things here and there for a future girl that may or may not exist (sneakers, earrings, etc), but it takes a special lady to pull these off.

Those dresses with the top connected to the skirt are everywhere right now. The ones you posted are classier the department store staples. They're pretty flattering on a lot of different shapes, which is good. My little cuz has been wearing them. If she got it from Forever 21, then she's just too cool for school.

My ex never bought me clothes or gifts. I don't like people getting me stuff unless it's for my birfday or it's from my mom. Call me a femi-Nazi, if you will.

Speaking of which, has anyone else noticed that Forever 21 has a cult following among the teen crowd?

Speaking of which, has anyone else noticed that Forever 21 has a cult following among the teen crowd?

I bought something from there this weekend. Suspect, I know. I needed a cheap denim jacket for a project/experiment that I'm having my seamstress do for me.

Their return policy is horrible, by the way. No cash back, strictly store credit. I hate places that do that.

Cute.

These dresses and all the $$$$$ designers using African prints/fabrics makes me uncomfortable. They please the eyes, but trouble the gut.
    I know it's Chapter 2010 in fuzzy cultural appropriation/absorption, but it still doesn't sit too well with me.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i agree and there are african designers with a lot more flair
    my aunts deal fabric in senegal so this touches home for me
    it's cute from the strength of the appropriation
    they need to donate to charities not organize
    Johanesburg fashion week

Damn buzzkills, hating on a Black-owned company...

There was no hate in my post. Buzzkill - probably. I've been known to take the fun out of things.

Yeah, that was straight up Debbie Downer.

Anyways, I'd be bugged if H&M made these or Gwyneth Paltrow rocked this with some little Black kids aka blaccessories in tow, but damn, almost every model this designer (Maya something) uses is Black. I think Beyonce and Alicia are wearing her designs in some new video. Not saying that it's okay for a person of color to misappropriate what may or may not be their culture, just saying I feel a little better about it. My positive, hopeful side wants to believe their heart is in the right place.

Plus we all know how much people like to proudly and fashionably remind everyone of their heritage. Shit, that denim jacket project involves a serape!

it's inexpensive and most teens don't really have good paying jobs

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Back to shoes....(ahem, Herm!)

I love these...

Heels kill me nowadays--very rare that I put them on. These are always nice to get into after taking off the kitchen clogs.

Sorry Elise! Carry on...

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

Feeling this...

I know these aren't heels but the guys will look at me funny if I post this elsewhere. This thread seems safe enough.

You ever find the freshest gift for your girl AFTER you breakup with them?? You ever feel tempted to buy it for them juuuuuuust in case?

These outfits would be PERFECT for my ex, but right now sh*t is way too complicated for me to buy her anything (don't get it twisted, a nice dude does not equal a simp!):

I have a few friends that would look just as fly in these, but they aren't anywhere near $250 gift status. They most likely won't ever be. (Intentionally)

I've been known to pick up little things here and there for a future girl that may or may not exist (sneakers, earrings, etc), but it takes a special lady to pull these off.

Daze just told me I should buy it in case I ever start dating a girl from Worl-A-Girl! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Back to shoes....(ahem, Herm!)

I love these...

Heels kill me nowadays--very rare that I put them on. These are always nice to get into after taking off the kitchen clogs.

I really like these! Thanks for posting! I'm not a flip flop or sandal person because my feet get ice cold and I'm not a feet person in general. These look like they would be a great balance between coverage and actually getting some air to your feet in the summer.

Who makes these?

Who makes these?

Not my style, but if they are not as old as they appear to be, I'd love to know whose fine hand made them. They may be restored, too.

Who makes these?

Pierre Yantorny.
    http://www.rhonealpes-tourisme.com/artic...mans-368-1.html

If you were thinking about snagging a pair of handstitched shoes for your future girlfriend, Herm, I think you might actually have to rob a museum.

Pierre Yantorny