DON'T STEP ON MY HEELS - 2.0

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I loved the original YSL versions, especially the metallic ones, but I think I've reached overload with them at this point. It's a great design idea.

I would say with these (and most heels I guess), the fine line between cool and crass is in the heel height and shape.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

i'm not a fan. really not feeling that pinky toe jutting out of one of the cages, looks awkward to me

lol -I was going to say something about the stray toe, too. Yea, these require some very specific conditions to pull off.

i don't think cage/cutout heels necessarily equal stripper shoes though. i think these are more vampy than er strippery

http://www.brownsfashion.com/pages/produ...A&cookie_test=1

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I'm a bigger fan of lady boots these days. 'Specially the slouchy kind. Show me what you're working with, ladies!

What I know will fall into the style vs sexy category - though not mutually exclusive, in this case it is - is the trend of shorts, including jean cut-offs, and mini skirts with no hose with boots...be they stylish winter boots, uggs, 80s slouch boots, over-the-knee pirate-y boots...and so on.

It's a terrible and rampant look. I do not ride.

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    i don't think cage/cutout heels necessarily equal stripper shoes though. i think these are more vampy than er strippery

http://www.brownsfashion.com/pages/produ...A&cookie_test=1

I like these. But I am afraid on my short legs they will venture into granny-boot territory.

i couldn't wear them either. i would die in those 4.5 inch heels!

There are hardly any reasonable heel heights out there right now - it's all either flats or 3"+ heels.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    I've been rockin' flats. They make the work to school transition a little easier. I feel awkward when I'm dressed up in a class full of stressed graduate students. I'll post photos later. Currently working on (or procrastinating on) an assignment.

Feelin' these:

Who makes 'em, Bassie?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    herm,

those are boner-softening

herm,

those are boner-softening

Ha ha! No one likes my taste in heels. (Though to be fair, 98% of the ones I post I post for the sheer what-the-f*ckery of them.)

Feelin' these:

Who makes 'em, Bassie?

Pierre Hardy.I love them...best heels you've posted yet! I could never walk a step in them, but they are gorgeous. They also come in a canary/gray/bone colourway.

this trend i don't understand at all

Star Wars Stilettos by Givenchy
    for those women who want both a romantic evening on the town
    and to hide inside a tauntaun for warmth

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

and to hide inside a tauntaun for warmth

i'm having a weird obsession with these today.

they remind me of nicholas kirkwood shoes but not as outrageous with the futuristic architecture and a lot more affordable. i keep getting to the checkout page and then closing the window.

i think i'm gonna do it

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    it almost seems mandatory to wear horn rimmed glasses with those shoes.

they remind me of goths and cholas for some reason. i don't see the horn-rimmed glasses connection

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    they remind me of goths and cholas for some reason. i don't see the horn-rimmed glasses connection

I don't really know what you call this style, I always call it "art girl" in my head, but the style like Mary Alice from Ace Of Cakes:

Like, I could see her wearing those shoes in an instant.

BTW, I like the shoes.

yeah i don't see it. i'm thinking they would be versatile because they'd match whatever color tights i was wearing underneath the lace part

Because they kinda look like saddle shoes?
    They do have a gothy 50s feel to me. They would look good with drawn-in eyebrows, but not so much the tomboy look.

I could never do it, but I love them. If you told the concept to me, I would have never believed it could work, but they look really good.

Get them and show us pics!!!!

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

that's probably a bad idea.....

Plenty of SSturt ladies flossin their footwear in the last thread. It went surprisingly well and un-creepy.

They do have a gothy 50s feel to me. They would look good with drawn-in eyebrows, but not so much the tomboy look.

I could never do it, but I love them. If you told the concept to me, I would have never believed it could work, but they look really good.

haha @ penciled eyebrows. i don't rock the tomboy look these days, so i didn't have that in mind for these. it's been a long time since i've worn pants.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    It went surprisingly well and un-creepy.

well, that's an endorsement if I've ever heard one!

• HeddyHeddy 131 Posts

Photobucket

My sentiments exactly, Janelle.

• i think i'm gonna do it

those are nice. just wondering how well the lace will hold together.

haha @ penciled eyebrows. i don't rock the tomboy look these days, so i didn't have that in mind for these. it's been a long time since i've worn pants.

I wasn't calling you a tomboy lol!

About not being able to envision them on this gal or her friends