The Wire Season 5 SPOILER Thread

Comments

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I thought it was made pretty clear that Carcetti couldn't put Valchek in charge, cause he'd loose too much support. Daniels is not really qualifiied for the job, but he's a fresh face, and the right colour = win.

How is he not qualified? Perhaps the only thing he lacks is political pull (ie. being slimy and underhanded).

Obama Daniels doesn't have enough experience.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    a nice solid white woman

mmmmm.... RONNIE

I'll pass on the DA. Nerese Campbell, the head of the city council is who I'm riding for.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I thought it was made pretty clear that Carcetti couldn't put Valchek in charge, cause he'd loose too much support. Daniels is not really qualifiied for the job, but he's a fresh face, and the right colour = win.

How is he not qualified? Perhaps the only thing he lacks is political pull (ie. being slimy and underhanded).

Well, when his name is mentioned, it was questioned that he's only been a commissioner for a year = not qualified. He's a relative rookie, look at the other high level officers, they're all much older and more experienced.
    Also dude has major political pull (through his ex), which is the reason he's risen so quickly, and is relatively inexperienced.

• a nice solid white woman

mmmmm.... RONNIE

I'll pass on the DA. Nerese Campbell, the head of the city council is who I'm riding for.

Son plaese to see my poast earlier in this thread.

I'll say it again, NERESE CAN GET IT! x10000

• Just finished episode 5. Why don't they come out and just call Omar BATMAN???

• where ep 4?????????

????????????

???????????

???????

??????????

• I watched 5 - 7 and am now a little pissed. 4 was apparently a big one.

Isn't out yet, but will be this Sunday on on-demand, right?

• Just finished episode 5. Why don't they come out and just call Omar BATMAN???

That was some spiderman shit...

I've seen all of the episodes up to episode 7 (except for #4)...

I would watch on Sunday night but I'm gonna be spinnin somewhere in the carribean where alot of celebs will be attending...

Now, can someone please hook the kid up with a link for episode #4...

• Back in episode 2, when Lester is waiting on Marlo, Snoop, and Chris, I was feelin the tunes he was listening to in his car. Besides the Erma Franklin song, what the first and the third track he's listening to? thanks...

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    where ep 4?????????

????????????

???????????

???????

??????????

i don't think i've ever checked torrent sites so much this week... ARGH... someone hook shit up!

• Thanks to whoever put up that "efuge efuge" track

• where ep 4?????????

????????????

???????????

???????

??????????

i don't think i've ever checked torrent sites so much this week... ARGH... someone hook shit up!

is it available yet?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Thanks to whoever put up that "efuge efuge" track

Tsk, tsk. David Simon and HBO would not be happy knowing that you illegally downloaded a song off of their soundtrack, my friend.

You're welcome, though!

• Unfortunately I cannot buy that individual song off itunes... and as much as I love David Simon and The Wire, I am not buying the rest of that weak ass CD.

Still got my HBO subscription though!

whoever gets a link or whatever to #4, please to post it up!

b

• its out tomorrow (tonight after midnight)

i just read that reynaldo broke into acting via his basketball skills. apparently hes got a ill handle and he would do And1 style things on commercials and halftime shows

I cram to understand you people who can skip episodes like this.

• Interesting note was that Marla was like "they could touch me"... I had no idea she was that involved in Cedric's dirt.

It's an odd one, Cedric seems too cleancut to pull anything that serious, maybe it was more her all along. Although she seems straight also. It was good how they played the reactions of his two women against each other.

that was good. I've often found the parallelisms in the Wire to be heavy-handed. but this was just right.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

That said, I have 5, 6 & 7 ready to go once I get 4 out of the way. Can somebody give me a slight description of the intros to those 3 episodes? I'm afraid they might be titled wrong and I don't wanna fuck around and see something too early. Just tell me what the first second or 2 shows for each episodes. That way if I open the file out of order I can shut it down immediately. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

I gave in to deliciousness.

• can we talk about episode 4 now?

some great Nerese shots.

the newspaper still struggles (financially, and to be at all relevant to this TV show or my interest in it).

for some weird, twisted reason I've been sorta feeling, I dunno, maybe a little bad for clay davis I know I know it doesn't make sense. but in episode 3 when he was like "y'all think Clay is done..." and then his performance on the courtroom steps after his grand jeury testimony in episode 4...I just couldn't help but think he's the fall guy for something so much bigger. I just can't be personally mad at him the way I used to be...

Cheese man.....I'm seriously considering changing my avatar following this episode. gotta think on this....

Omar vs. Chris/Marlo/Snoop has got me GEEKED now...

I'll miss Joe.

• oh and the Herc meets Marlo and Joe scene was pretty great.

I think it made Herc pause and think for a moment what a strange situation he's found himself in.

oh and collegio...man. "fuck it if a dude leans on his horn he should be locked up!"

• someone got a link for 4 then? but not a torrent!

someone got a link for 4 then? but not a torrent!

torrent or no torrent. i need a link!

• someone got a link for 4 then? but not a torrent!

torrent or no torrent. i need a link!

maybe if we go on about it long enough it may materialize .

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E44IMCNA

plaese to poast on hurrrrrr.

i'm in the process of downloading but according to this other forum, it is legit.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E44IMCNA

plaese to poast on hurrrrrr.

i'm in the process of downloading but according to this other forum, it is legit.

YOU FUCKIN' LITTLE RIPPER MATEY!

• if this is it i cant say thank-you enough!

• ahhhh 7 hours to download!