I've paid money to post on this message board...

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    shig i think you meant

NOZ I've got nothing against you. You've been around this place for years and I've got nothing but love. Archaic on the other hand, his presence on this board has affected my ability to even keep up with this place. I had a kneejerk reaction to delete the thread because it had a link on there on where you could buy the CD... didn't even read it. But seriously... Archaic needs to go and I am ready to PayPal him $15 and ban his ass.

is Raj a Rothschild???

you know too much

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    NOZ I've got nothing against you. You've been around this place for years and I've got nothing but love. Archaic on the other hand, his presence on this board has affected my ability to even keep up with this place. I had a kneejerk reaction to delete the thread because it had a link on there on where you could buy the CD... didn't even read it. But seriously... Archaic needs to go and I am ready to PayPal him $15 and ban his ass.

archaic isn't selling the cd. are we not allowed to link to outside selling sources now? i didn't get the memo. better watch out where you throw amazon links, guys.

and trust me, i've had my fair share of conflicts with the dude, but i think you greatly exaggerate the negative influence he has on this board. and of all the threads to delete, the one where we were discussing two records in a civilized manner was not the one. were you trying to make a point or something? i just don't understand.

and by the way, it probably would've been a better look had you posted the above in the second thread rather than deleting that one as well.

• spaceghostspaceghost 605 Posts
    BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF!

wheres hcrink?

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    dude, why dont you just start the 2 record discussion again instead of sitting around crying about it. i mean, raj has already said he dont have a problem with you.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

and trust me, i've had my fair share of conflicts with the dude, but i think you greatly exaggerate the negative influence he has on this board. and of all the threads to delete, the one where we were discussing two records in a civilized manner was not the one.

I agree.

Archaic is actually one of the board's most valuable contributors, in my opinion.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    dude, why dont you just start the 2 record discussion again instead of sitting around crying about it. i mean, raj has already said he dont have a problem with you.

well my initial presumption was that it'd just be deleted again. but now the problem is that one of the primary contributers has been banned.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Dude's alright. I can only diss Archaic for saying stupid shit from time to time. Then, I have to diss myself too.

Unban him.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

And with that, the light goes out.

Weak.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

Archaic is actually one of the board's most valuable contributors, in my opinion.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Archaic gives me a headache. He makes me not want to be on my own site anymore... He has harrassed me on the PM and publicly and looms his $15 donation over my head every chance he gets.

Lately, I've been trying to take a step back from this place. It's a hard place to quit cold turkey because I've made a lot of friends over the years... But with the emergence of a lot of new people with new ideas and very little respect for myself and the vets on here... it will never be 2002 again. Moderating this board makes me a bit loco sometimes (coupled with my kid not sleeping at night) and I do slip up and offend people. That's life.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    While I think it was kinda stupid for him to drop a "I've paid money to post on this message board..." thread. Since his money didn't go to giving him any type of special privileges. I don't think the guy should be banned. That solves nothing in the end. We all know the only time anyone should be banned is 1. Talking shit about someones mamma (Without usin' y0 momma is...). 2. Posting gross pics of any body parts. 3. Putting down modern soul (Or whatever the fuck you wanna call it). and finally 4. Not telling me secret record spots or food spots that you know of (RAJ should ban ur asses right there...)

Side note:

I always wondered why there wasn't a (NRR) section to the forums?

But it is his site... Let him ban who ever he wishes.

On another side note:

Enjoy ur day!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    What would King Of The Hill be without Dale. So the guy has some crazy ideas.

I don't want to be on a board where we all like the same records, same politicians and same historical figures.

I've got no beef with Archaic.

Stop The Ban!

Raj, maybe you could privately suggest some guidelines to some posters who make your life harder. I don't want this board to become such a pain that you just drop it.

Dan

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

and trust me, i've had my fair share of conflicts with the dude, but i think you greatly exaggerate the negative influence he has on this board. and of all the threads to delete, the one where we were discussing two records in a civilized manner was not the one.

I agree.

Gotta cosign....he heightens the interest of any thread, even if he is often incapable of making even a benign point without being a dick. But this is true of many of us here.

I give you exhibit A:

Both the original thread AND the thread asking where the original thread went disappeared.

True colors...

• Archaic gives me a headache. He makes me not want to be on my own site anymore... He has harrassed me on the PM and publicly and looms his $15 donation over my head every chance he gets.

Sorry Raj, but you sound like a bitch...

If this is what it's come to, then we're all fucked...

RIP Soulstrut

Archaic gives me a headache. He makes me not want to be on my own site anymore... He has harrassed me on the PM and publicly and looms his $15 donation over my head every chance he gets.

Sorry Raj, but you sound like a bitch...

If this is what it's come to, then we're all fucked...

RIP Soulstrut

Exactly what I'm talking about... who are you?

• if anything is killing soulstrut its the multitude of NRR posts recently. i dont hate them, in fact some of them i quite enjoy(fishzilla anyone?) but when the majority of the posts here are NRR it goes against what this site is all about.
    we could really use an off topic forum here. that way threads about music wont get buried and neglected. i really do think that if we had such a thing that BOTH types of threads would prosper.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    I co-sign flatblackplastic

we talked about it a few years a go.. consensus was it was the whole charm of the soul strut community to have the NRR mingle with the RRs. Question is who wants to moderate the NRR forum? E-Dub?

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    Question is who wants to moderate the NRR forum? E-Dub?

• I co-sign flatblackplastic

we talked about it a few years a go.. consensus was it was the whole charm of the soul strut community to have the NRR mingle with the RRs. Question is who wants to moderate the NRR forum? E-Dub?

you know im down to help out in anyway raj, i think these people could be good candidates:
    bam
    ross
    shig
    cos
    damn
    mylanta
    crink

back when it was discussed before i couldn't help but agree with the "whole charm" thing but the site was a bit more of a closeknit family then, today the site has blown the fuck up.

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    These have been my three interactions with Raj:

1. When I first came on I PMed to ask why I couldn't post to the classifieds section. I didn't get a reply so at the time I assumed you had to have made a certain number of posts or whatever.

2. Raj created a thread to ask for a pirated version of Dreamweaver. I PMed to say I had it and he said, do you have FTP, I said yes, and that was the last I heard about that.

3. On the Mack / ebay thread I suggested to Raj that he stop acting like the board is his sole creation, cause when it feels like a "fiefdom rather than a forum" it sucks. That set off more people daring to speak out against Raj. Of course that thread was soon deleted.

When I first got on here my spider senses tingled and I asked AP, "is Raj a dick?" and he assured me that this is not the case.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    (Without usin' y0 momma is...)

Sayin yo momma black, his momma this, his momma that Then he get mad and wanna scrap

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

cos

You mean Me of Consulmed?

Shit, I ain't no moderator.

But for real though, I like the way shit is mixed in.

i think that should remain the consensus.

You gonna get posts deleted in the NRR area if you talk about records? come on.

it's pretty easy to navigate the threads. there's also a search function.

don't make this the breaks.

• I co-sign flatblackplastic

yeah, a NRR forum might be in order...

Is that what the problem is here?

If it wasn't for the fact that I'd probably have to sift through endless pages of hemorroid pictures while I'm at work (where my screen is visible to everyone), I wouldn't mind being the moderater of said forum.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Raj is cool, man, he put this fucking board up. We all use this shit. We donate a couple dollars (I did) to keep it running, we all do our thing.

Raj can do what the fuck he wants. He had a beef with Archaic, let him ban him. Yeah. Archaic in an "interesting contributor" I will agree, if for any reason as to just to stir up a shit storm, but he's also a fucking lame.

Who cares? Do y'all really care? I don't care.

Fuck it.

bitchstrut dot com for real.

• really i was speaking on mrs. cos, but you wouldnt be a bad pick either. you moderate hollerboard yes?
    im just kinda typing outloud over here.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    really i was speaking on mrs. cos, but you wouldnt be a bad pick either. you moderate hollerboard yes?
    im just kinda typing outloud over here.

Yeah, but I'm not up for it dog.