NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• Damn, who do you leave off of the West squad then?

Allen Iverson
    Chris Paul
    Baron Davis
    Steve Nash
    Chris Paul
    Tony Parker

West is on point.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Redd > Wade

No fuckin' doubt. (Public opinion = Wade. More deserving = Redd.)

I was reading an article about how the Bucks' coach noted Redd's work ethic and drive getting a significant boost after his runs with Kobe and Team USA in the summer.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Damn, who do you leave off of the West squad then?

Allen Iverson
    Chris Paul
    Baron Davis
    Steve Nash
    Chris Paul
    Tony Parker

West is on point.

West:
    PG Allen Iverson
    SG Kobe Bryant
    C Chris Kamen
    PF Carlos Boozer
    SF Carmelo Anthony
    Reserves:
    C Amare Stoudemire
    PG Baron Davis - Tony Parker takes his spot, but that's argueable. Parker's Ring will factor in.
    PG Deron Williams
    PF Dirk Nowitski - starts over Boozer
    C Yao Ming - starts of Kamen because China says so.
    PG Steve Nash
    SF Kevin Durant - CP3 takes his slot.

And McGrady who hasnt done shit, starts because China says so.

C Chris Kaman

I can't think of other true centers more deserving this year than him.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    i'm too lazy to go back in the thread-
    has anyone shown some love for this dude for the allstar game?

he's having an incredible season, numbers-wise

i'm too lazy to go back in the thread-
    has anyone shown some love for this dude for the allstar game?

he's having an incredible season, numbers-wise

Yes he's having a better year than Richard Jefferson

• Damn, who do you leave off of the West squad then?

Allen Iverson
    Chris Paul
    Baron Davis
    Steve Nash
    Chris Paul
    Tony Parker

West is on point.

West:
    PG Allen Iverson
    SG Kobe Bryant
    C Chris Kamen
    PF Carlos Boozer
    SF Carmelo Anthony
    Reserves:
    C Amare Stoudemire
    PG Baron Davis - Tony Parker takes his spot, but that's argueable. Parker's Ring will factor in.
    PG Deron Williams
    PG Steve Nash

I'm still not believeing this Kaman over Camby bullschitt. Camby leads the league in blocked shots (almost 4 per game) and is 2nd in rebounding. You mean to tell me that Chris Kaman should be an all star before the veteran Marcus Camby who is top 2 in two defensive categories, and is last year's DPotY and looking like a good candidate for this year as well? What is the rationale? Because he scores more ppg? Do you need another scorer with Kobe, Carmelo, and Iverson on the floor? I think not. Plus, Kaman's game is kinda boring. Solid, effective, yes. But not exciting. Camby brings more energy and swagger to the floor. If that matters anywhere, it's in the All star game!

Allen Iverson
    Chris Paul
    Baron Davis
    Steve Nash
    Chris Paul
    Tony Parker

West is on point.

West:
    PG Allen Iverson
    SG Kobe Bryant
    C Chris Kamen
    PF Carlos Boozer
    SF Carmelo Anthony
    Reserves:
    C Amare Stoudemire
    PG Deron Williams
    PG Steve Nash

I'm still not believeing this Kaman over Camby bullschitt. Camby leads the league in blocked shots (almost 4 per game) and is 2nd in rebounding. You mean to tell me that Chris Kaman should be an all star before the veteran Marcus Camby who is top 2 in two defensive categories, and is last year's DPotY and looking like a good candidate for this year as well? What is the rationale? Because he scores more ppg? Do you need another scorer with Kobe, Carmelo, and Iverson on the floor? I think not. Plus, Kaman's game is kinda boring. Solid, effective, yes. But not exciting. Camby brings more energy and swagger to the floor. If that matters anywhere, it's in the All star game!

Your right. Camby > Kaman.

Yao/China votes vs Camby & Kaman.......... Good Luck

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    What is the rationale? Because he scores more ppg? Do you need another scorer with Kobe, Carmelo, and Iverson on the floor? I think not.

Kobe was traded to the Nuggets?

The one Thug Nasty's palms grew tense and sweaty when he read that...

• I'm still not believeing this Kaman over Camby bullschitt. Camby leads the league in blocked shots (almost 4 per game) and is 2nd in rebounding. You mean to tell me that Chris Kaman should be an all star before the veteran Marcus Camby who is top 2 in two defensive categories, and is last year's DPotY and looking like a good candidate for this year as well? What is the rationale? Because he scores more ppg? Do you need another scorer with Kobe, Carmelo, and Iverson on the floor? I think not. Plus, Kaman's game is kinda boring. Solid, effective, yes. But not exciting. Camby brings more energy and swagger to the floor. If that matters anywhere, it's in the All star game!

Kaman and Camby essentially average the same amount of RPG.
    Kaman averages 3 blocks a game.
    Kaman averages over 7 more points per game.
    7 more points per game > 1/2 more blocks per game.

and the winner is...

Allen Iverson
    Chris Paul
    Baron Davis
    Steve Nash
    Chris Paul
    Tony Parker

West is on point.

West:
    PG Allen Iverson
    SG Kobe Bryant
    C Chris Kamen
    PF Carlos Boozer
    SF Carmelo Anthony
    Reserves:
    C Amare Stoudemire
    PG Deron Williams
    PG Steve Nash

I don't think it's the scoring--Ben Wallace was a perennial All Star with comparable stats. It's the fact that it's tough to justify three All Stars from a team with the Nuggets' record. If he played for virtually any other team, I don't think there would be any real question.

Kaman and Camby essentially average the same amount of RPG.
    Kaman averages 3 blocks a game.
    Kaman averages over 7 more points per game.
    7 more points per game > 1/2 more blocks per game.

and the winner is...

Kaman's had a breakout season. nuff said.

Charles Barkley said, "The Phoenix Suns are softer than tissue paper."

Raja Bell = Kobe Stopper

Raja Bell = Kobe Stopper

Soft.

I'm not gonna be able to watch the game live, but i'll say it again, if the Suns lose, you can call an end to the Nash era.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I'm not gonna be able to watch the game live, but i'll say it again, if the Suns lose, you can call an end to the Nash era.

WHATEVER

• What is the rationale? Because he scores more ppg? Do you need another scorer with Kobe, Carmelo, and Iverson on the floor? I think not.

Kobe was traded to the Nuggets?

The one Thug Nasty's palms grew tense and sweaty when he read that...

Nah, I'm talking about the All Star game. AI, Melo and Kobe will be the three highest scoring players on the West, most likely. My point is, Kaman's ppg don't really matter when he'd be playing with these guys. His defensive stats are slightly lower than Camby's. If Camby didn't play on a team with 2 of the top 4 scoring players in the league, his ppg would be higher than it is.

And I think Camby might have heard me sticking up for him today, check his numbers against the Jazz tonight:

8 points, 24 rebounds, 12 blocks.

Camby has already had 8 games this season with 20 or more rebounds. If you look at numbers alone and think Kaman should be picked as an all star before Camby, I would have to argue that you don't really watch basketball. If you want to argue that it's because AI and Carmelo are already most likely going to be on the team, then I can understand that.

In other news, Linas Kleiza had 41 points and 9 boards[/b] tonight!

• In other news, Linas Kleiza had 41 points and 9 boards[/b] tonight!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Raja Bell = Kobe Stopper

Soft.

LAKERS, PREASE

Okay, I just caught the final score. Nash era is not officially over yet. I think everyone pretty much expected this outcome. SEE YOU IN THE 2ND ROUND BATCH!!!!!!

If you look at numbers alone and think Kaman should be picked as an all star before Camby, I would have to argue that you don't really watch basketball.

that's why u cant look at "number alone".

they both deserve to be all stars this year and it doesnt really matter who starts cause that's up to the dumb fans.

Kaman is having a very good season because he doesnt have to share the paint w/ Elton Brand.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    I think everyone pretty much expected this outcome.

not judging by your poasts.

• If you look at numbers alone and think Kaman should be picked as an all star before Camby, I would have to argue that you don't really watch basketball.

that's why u cant look at "number alone".

they both deserve to be all stars this year and it doesnt really matter who starts cause that's up to the dumb fans.

Kaman is having a very good season because he doesnt have to share the paint w/ Elton Brand.

Starting is kind of irrelavent in the All Star game though, the coaches give all the players even minutes. And you're right, if E.Brand is in the game, Kaveman's points go down significantly.

I think everyone pretty much expected this outcome.

not judging by your poasts.

step it up. i said Phoenix is in trouble if they lose to a depleted Lakers squad.

• Kaman is having a very good season because he doesnt have to share the paint w/ Elton Brand.

Also because he has had a neuropsychologist help him with some serious issues that were misdiagnosed as ADD when he was a little kid.

check out this video where he explains how his brain is different

• I think Kaman definitely deserves to be an All-Star. He's a top contender for Most Improved Player too.

Also because he has had a neuropsychologist help him with some serious issues that were misdiagnosed as ADD when he was a little kid.

check out this video where he explains how his brain is different

word. i read about that in the LA Times. more to do with anxiety disorder, from what I read.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Kaman's having a great year, but on a losing team he's probably on the outs when it comes to the All-Star game.

• I think Kaman definitely deserves to be an All-Star.

Lots of players deserve to be all stars, but the question is, Kaman > Camby for all star?