NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Staples center needs a new roof, stat.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    What has got into Hedo Turkoglu this year?

I'm very happy for the dude. I need some nose surgery myself.

More oxygen = better play.

LEAKING LIKE A MAWFUCKA.

BYNUM IS LOOKING NICE IN HIS SUIT.

• Staples center needs a new roof, stat.

What is it made of, paper mache? This is one of the more ridiculous game delays I have seen.

saying

Kobe is smart though, he is warming up in the locker room I hope.

What is it made of, paper mache? This is one of the more ridiculous game delays I have seen.

Go figure. It's happened at other arenas too...I'm enjoying the novelty of this situation.

Van Gundy: "Kobe vs Lebron. One on one. Get a corporate sponsor, put up a million. I think the fans would love it."

"With all the celebrities in the crowd..."

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Hedo is the real deal and the best Orlando player.

LeBoring did up K.O.B.E. on that last play. Simple jump shot.

• Hedo is the real deal and the best Orlando player.

Do ya think? Because I would definetely say that Howard is Orlando's best player.

Do ya think? Because I would definetely say that Howard is Orlando's best player.

Of course Howard is the engine, but who do u go to in the clutch?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

AND he waived off the screen on KB.

• Hedo is the real deal and the best Orlando player.

Basic auto mechanics: its a lot easier to replace the clutch than the engine.
    But for reals, a big part of Dwight Howard's amazing year is definitely caused by Turkoglu (and Lewis) being such potent scoring threats that Howard has room to do his thing. I still would take Howard for my team over Turkoglu any day.

Went record shopping for a second. Damnit, game-winner?

LEBRON = BEAST. Yall know what it is right?! Summer with Kobe.

Look at Tayshaun, Chauncey, Michael Redd, Dwight Howard. Work ethic and intensity rubbing off. RECOGNIZE.

Basic auto mechanics: its a lot easier to replace the clutch than the engine.
    But for reals, a big part of Dwight Howard's amazing year is definitely caused by Turkoglu (and Lewis) being such potent scoring threats that Howard has room to do his thing. I still would take Howard for my team over Turkoglu any day.

Of course.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Do u DUBS fans want Webber back? NO

Can he even play in the uptempo system now? NO

Off the bench for the playoffs? NO

Ha ha, a friend of mine commissioned this gif (going out to all warriors fans):

Between the Raiders Al Davis/Lane Kiffin throwdown and Billy Beane's fire sale and now this, I think Oakland is running away with the current title of wackiest sports town in America

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    This was a great "nugget" from Sam Smith's column in the Chicago Tribune:

[i]The Pacers???still reeling from the effects of the Palace brawl; multiple arrests of Stephen Jackson, among others; and attendance in sharp decline???had to love this from David Harrison, who told an Indianapolis radio station upon his return from a five-game drug suspension:

"I'm saying ??? marijuana, is it that bad? Following rules blindly doesn't mean you're right just by following those rules. A long time ago George Washington sat around, didn't want to pay taxes to the crown. There's other things going on, but the rudimentary part of our American Revolution was we didn't want to pay taxes [without representation]. And we broke that rule. And we have America today. You know, if we would've lost that war, George Washington would be Benedict Arnold.

"Nicotine won; the tobacco industry won. That's the thing, they wouldn't want marijuana to be legal. It causes less cancer and actually, I've read studies where in cities with very bad air pollution like in Indiana, it helps protect you from lung cancer."

Never mind that Indiana is a state, not a city. It's not clear whether Harrison believes Washington was smoking weed during the American Revolution, though it could be why the nation's first president didn't die from cancer.

Washington opened his inaugural address with "Fellow citizens ..." Or was it "Dudes ???"

Yall know what it is right?! Summer with Kobe.

Look at Tayshaun, Chauncey, Michael Redd, Dwight Howard. Work ethic and intensity rubbing off. RECOGNIZE.

That stretchin it dude.

Tay & Chancey have rings.

Redd maybe?

Howard is his own Beast that has plenty of legends in his ear along w/ 2 months of playing w/ Kobe.

U can try to spin this loss all u want for you mind but its useless. DEAL.

Yall know what it is right?! Summer with Kobe.

That stretchin it dude.

Tay & Chancey have rings.

Redd maybe?

Howard is his own Beast that has plenty of legends in his ear along w/ 2 months of playing w/ Kobe.

U can try to spin this loss all u want for you mind but its useless. DEAL.

damn, i thought i could get away with that.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Who did Philly get for Korver???
    Utah's plan to acquire every white player in the league is a step closer to fruition...

Utah's plan to acquire every white player in the league is a step closer to fruition...

Gordan Giricek (who has a $4M contract expiring this season) and a first round draft pick. Good deal considering how one-dimensional Korver is. Utah's gotta cater to their fan base. Indy is on the road to being whitewashed, too.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

AND he waived off the screen on KB.

I don't watch basketball as much as I used to, but that play was so good it made me laugh.

Webber to the Dubs..........DEAL

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Webber to the Dubs..........DEAL

A new level of drama to the Town. There was a piece about Baron Davis meeting Jerry West over the summer. One of the points West made to him was that most teams are examples of failed attempts to build team chemistry. The Warriors, despite not having the greatest line-up have that. What will Webber bring to the table? I personally like the guy's game, but hate him personally. He always seems to end up bitching and then taking no responsiblity for problems that he's part of.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    What will Webber bring to the table?

Some very nice passing from the high post, decent shooting/rebounding for three quarters, and a severe case of Bitch Disease.

Some very nice passing from the high post, decent shooting/rebounding for three quarters, and a severe case of Bitch Disease.

Pretty accurate assessment of Webber's skill set!! From his season back in the D, it was clear that he can without a doubt give you numbers AND plenty of glue , but he's not a game winner or changer. It doesn't sound like that's what they need him for in Oaktown anyway though, so this might actually be a good fit!

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

Pretty accurate assessment of Webber's skill set!! From his season back in the D, it was clear that he can without a doubt give you numbers AND plenty of glue , but he's not a game winner or changer. It doesn't sound like that's what they need him for in Oaktown anyway though, so this might actually be a good fit!

Webber's knees are made of glass, he will not be able to keep up in the Nelson fast break.
    detroit's +/- was down something like 2.8 with webber on the court. this is NAGLx10000000 for the dubs. yes, mad.

Yes, same could be said of the Pacers and Raptors, too.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

How about the Lakers??

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

utah remains the champ and the originator of this trend
    just like san antonio's got the old-experienced annoyingly good player game on lock

• NOLA is crushin' fools right now. CPaul 4 MVP?