THE OFFICIAL NFL 2007 THREAD

Comments

• Seattle has the best combined W-L record in the NFC over the last 4 years. Anyone still in disbelief of their team has not been watching football or suffers from the debilitating East Coast Fever. Help is available, though - Television??? and The Internet??? are new products that help you experience a fuller, more informed lifestyle. Ask your doctor if Television??? and The Internet??? are right for you (some users may experience headache, dry mouth, and certain sexual side effects).

Oooh, the best record in the NFC in the last 4 years. Right, and what conference do the Seahawks play in again? Oh yeah, the craptastic NFC West. Yeah, real hard to have a winning record the past 4 seasons when you play over 1/3 of your schedule against the Rams, Cardinals and 49ers. Not a single one of those teams has above a .500 record the past 4 seasons, and they're a combined 67-125. Wow, impressive, the Seahawks beat up on a bunch of chumps each season to boost their record. The Seahawks only played one team this season that's even in the playoffs! And you wonder why the Seahawks don't get respect? GTFOOHWTBS! They're the most unimpressive supposed powerhouse in the NFL.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Seattle has the best combined W-L record in the NFC over the last 4 years. Anyone still in disbelief of their team has not been watching football or suffers from the debilitating East Coast Fever. Help is available, though - Television??? and The Internet??? are new products that help you experience a fuller, more informed lifestyle. Ask your doctor if Television??? and The Internet??? are right for you (some users may experience headache, dry mouth, and certain sexual side effects).

Oooh, the best record in the NFC in the last 4 years. Right, and what conference do the Seahawks play in again? Oh yeah, the craptastic NFC West. Yeah, real hard to have a winning record the past 4 seasons when you play over 1/3 of your schedule against the Rams, Cardinals and 49ers. Not a single one of those teams has above a .500 record the past 4 seasons, and they're a combined 67-125. Wow, impressive, the Seahawks beat up on a bunch of chumps each season to boost their record. The Seahawks only played one team this season that's even in the playoffs! And you wonder why the Seahawks don't get respect? GTFOOHWTBS! They're the most unimpressive supposed powerhouse in the NFL.

Sour Grapes.

• Oooh, the best record in the NFC in the last 4 years. Right, and what conference do the Seahawks play in again? Oh yeah, the craptastic NFC West. Yeah, real hard to have a winning record the past 4 seasons when you play over 1/3 of your schedule against the Rams, Cardinals and 49ers. Not a single one of those teams has above a .500 record the past 4 seasons, and they're a combined 67-125. Wow, impressive, the Seahawks beat up on a bunch of chumps each season to boost their record. The Seahawks only played one team this season that's even in the playoffs! And you wonder why the Seahawks don't get respect? GTFOOHWTBS! They're the most unimpressive supposed powerhouse in the NFL.

Sour Grapes.
    Sour grapes? Get the fuck outta here. I'm a Packers fan, we'll see whose grapes are sour next weekend. Like I give a fuck about the Seahawks, but Seattle fans sure are some asshurt bitches, always whining about not getting respect. You'll get it when you earn it, not for playing a bunch of sub-.500 teams and claiming NFC supremacy.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Sour Grapes.

Sour grapes? Get the fuck outta here. I'm a Packers fan, we'll see whose grapes are sour next weekend. Like I give a fuck about the Seahawks, but Seattle fans sure are some asshurt bitches, always whining about not getting respect. You'll get it when you earn it, not for playing a bunch of sub-.500 teams and claiming NFC supremacy.
    Tut-tut. Wrath begets wrath.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Sour Grapes.

Tuff Gong, you really need to CHILL. I am a Seahawks fan. You don't know me. Are you really calling me an "asshurt bitch?" You sure are putting a lot of energy into hating a football team and its fans from Seattle. If you don't "give a fuck about the Seahawks," just be quiet about them and support the packers. I hope you find some positive ways to channel your anger. Go outside and take a walk. Read a good book. Call a family member and tell them you love them. The world is crazy and difficult enough in 2008, please tone down your anger towards Seattle.

Thank you,

Chan

• You Seahawks fans sure are defensive. Angry? Not even. Just annoyed with you whiny-ass Seahawks fans constantly complaining about no respect. Seems to be a common theme. A guy that used to hang around with some friends and I a few years ago was from Seattle and constantly talked about the Seahawks and was the same way, always talking about how everybody overlooks them. Again, I reiterate my point about Seattle playing in a crap conference which artificially boosts their record. Neither of you Seahawks fans has actually addressed either my response or the other response that refute the assertion that the Seahawks are unfairly overlooked.

Instead of getting all defensive and not even addressing the issue how about you try and tell us why you think the Seahawks deserve any overwhelming amount of respect. I'll be waiting. Best overall record in the NFC...yeah, splendid, but that's almost tantamount to saying "best basketball player in the NBADL". The NFC hasn't exactly been turning out dynasties in the past decade. I'll just be waiting here for one of you Seattle fans to come back at me with some facts that you think should persuade me that the Seahawks are unfairly overlooked. In the meantime, here's more cold hard stats that prove my point:

Seahawks' overall record the past 4 seasons: 41-23 (.641 win %)
    Seahawks' overall record the past 4 seasons not including NFC West rivals: 23-17 (.575 win %)

These are the stats of a juggernaut? Let's compare to some other teams:

New England Patriots' overall record the past 4 seasons: 52-12 (.813 win %)
    Indianapolis Colts' overall record the past 4 seasons: 51-13 (.797 win %)
    Pittsburgh Steelers' overall record the past 4 seasons: 44-20 (.688 win %)

I'm sorry, but other than beating up on their pathetic NFC West rivals the Seahawks are nothing more than a mediocre team that wins 58% of their games. The way Seahawks fans I've encountered talk about the team you'd think they're criminally ignored... Sorry, but even if they're the consistent class of the NFC it really just shows how inconsistent and generally unsuccessful the NFC has been for the past decade. Even though I'm a Packers fan I'll honestly be shocked if the NFC wins this year's Super Bowl, continuing the NFC's string of futility to 5 years straight. Let's be honest, the past 4 seasons it's generally been the Colts, the Patriots and a revolving door other characters as far as success.

So again I'll be waiting for a cogent argument from you Seahawks fanatics about why I'm supposed to feel like Seattle is unfairly overlooked by most people when the truth is when they're not playing within their soft division they're barely better than a .500 team.

• debardebar 215 Posts
    I think comparing the Seahawks to the Colts & Patriots is kinda unfair. We all know they are not on that level. I do think the Seahawks, in terms of media coverage, hype & praise, in comparison to other NFC "juggernauts", are highly overlooked. If you look at the amount of time spent on the Cowboys, Eagles, Giants & Redskins (NFC East) compared to the Seahawks, it's highly skewed especially considering the Seahawks are 8-3 against that division including the playoffs since 2003.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Let's look at the numbers for soft divisions:

2007 Regular Season W-L

AFC West 26-38
    NFC West 26-38
    NFC South 27-27
    AFC East 28-36

We all hear about how shitty the NFC West is but, you have three
    others that are pretty much on par record wise.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Dude, Giants actually might take this game.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Dammit, I really want the Titans to take this game.
    Let Indy deal with Jacksonville and we can have Tennessee.

It was looking to work out that way, but now SD is coming
    alive in the second half ...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    LT got some ups man!

My question for you NFL headz is....when it's raining or snowing, is it typically harder to score? And what's usually more effective, running or throwing under these conditions?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    My question for you NFL headz is....when it's raining or snowing, is it typically harder to score? And what's usually more effective, running or throwing under these conditions?

According to Michael Irvin it was easier to score with snow.

Especially at the Topless Clubs.

• My question for you NFL headz is....when it's raining or snowing, is it typically harder to score? And what's usually more effective, running or throwing under these conditions?

nice one, rock. fo' real.

from what i've been told, wind has the biggest affect; rain is in second place. Snow, again from what i've heard, is tougher for the defense, as receivers know where they are going, and the D has to run backwards and react on unsure footing.

I would have much rather seen the Browns in the playoffs instead of the Titans.

• I would have much rather seen the Browns in the playoffs instead of the Titans.

agreed. what a dog shit team...

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    You Seahawks fans sure are defensive. Angry? Not even. Just annoyed with you whiny-ass Seahawks fans constantly complaining about no respect. Seems to be a common theme. A guy that used to hang around with some friends and I a few years ago was from Seattle and constantly talked about the Seahawks and was the same way, always talking about how everybody overlooks them. Again, I reiterate my point about Seattle playing in a crap conference which artificially boosts their record. Neither of you Seahawks fans has actually addressed either my response or the other response that refute the assertion that the Seahawks are unfairly overlooked.

Instead of getting all defensive and not even addressing the issue how about you try and tell us why you think the Seahawks deserve any overwhelming amount of respect. I'll be waiting. Best overall record in the NFC...yeah, splendid, but that's almost tantamount to saying "best basketball player in the NBADL". The NFC hasn't exactly been turning out dynasties in the past decade. I'll just be waiting here for one of you Seattle fans to come back at me with some facts that you think should persuade me that the Seahawks are unfairly overlooked. In the meantime, here's more cold hard stats that prove my point:

Seahawks' overall record the past 4 seasons: 41-23 (.641 win %)
    Seahawks' overall record the past 4 seasons not including NFC West rivals: 23-17 (.575 win %)

These are the stats of a juggernaut? Let's compare to some other teams:

New England Patriots' overall record the past 4 seasons: 52-12 (.813 win %)
    Indianapolis Colts' overall record the past 4 seasons: 51-13 (.797 win %)
    Pittsburgh Steelers' overall record the past 4 seasons: 44-20 (.688 win %)

I'm sorry, but other than beating up on their pathetic NFC West rivals the Seahawks are nothing more than a mediocre team that wins 58% of their games. The way Seahawks fans I've encountered talk about the team you'd think they're criminally ignored... Sorry, but even if they're the consistent class of the NFC it really just shows how inconsistent and generally unsuccessful the NFC has been for the past decade. Even though I'm a Packers fan I'll honestly be shocked if the NFC wins this year's Super Bowl, continuing the NFC's string of futility to 5 years straight. Let's be honest, the past 4 seasons it's generally been the Colts, the Patriots and a revolving door other characters as far as success.

So again I'll be waiting for a cogent argument from you Seahawks fanatics about why I'm supposed to feel like Seattle is unfairly overlooked by most people when the truth is when they're not playing within their soft division they're barely better than a .500 team.

My friend, read every word of this following post:

??? If you call someone an "asshurt bitch," you might expect them to be edgy. But I haven't been defensive in the slightest. Calling your obvious sour grapes as such is not a defensive move. How is that being "asshurt?"
    ??? Several Packers fans I know here in Chicago still consider Holmgren a sell-out to have joined the 'Hawks and wish he was still with their team. IF this happens to be you, then know this: Holmy has spent more time with Seattle than he did with the Pack. Either way, That bird has flown.
    ??? Another thing to consider: the use of the word "juggernaut" is yours alone. Seattle has been a very consistent team over the last four years, and to wit, retains the best record in the NFC as proof of this. That's all I said.
    ??? A team can only play who shows up on their schedule. That is a variable that no team can affect. Seattle has played very well over the last four years - well enough to be considered one of the top teams during that span.
    ??? You might completely deny the East Coast Bias that is alive and well in all sports, but I believe that it exists. For example, if the New Jersey Nets, an historically average BB team, were in danger of moving their franchise to OKC, there would be an uproar amongst sportswriters and fans. The Seattle SuperSonics will indeed move to OKC in a year or two, and the story merits a but a blurb in ESPN's sidebar. Most BB fans are probably unaware of this. Because of this perceived bias, Seattle - despite their success during the last few year, is rarely discussed to the level of any of the NFC East or North teams. I consider this the very definition of an underrated team - one who garners solid records and wins playoff games, yet is still underreported.

For example, if the New Jersey Nets, an historically average BB team, were in danger of moving their franchise to OKC, there would be an uproar amongst sportswriters and fans.

Says who?

You postulating that the Nets moving would receive
    more of an outcry and attention than the Sonics' move
    proves nothing. In my opinion the reaction would be the same.

You guys get all that Canadian love, isn't that worth something?

• ??? You might completely deny the East Coast Bias that is alive and well in all sports, but I believe that it exists.

This Packers fan is well aware of the east coast bias. This Twins fan is especially aware of it.

• ??? Several Packers fans I know here in Chicago still consider Holmgren a sell-out to have joined the 'Hawks and wish he was still with their team. IF this happens to be you, then know this: Holmy has spent more time with Seattle than he did with the Pack. Either way, That bird has flown.

Nope, I'm not one of those people. I honestly don't care who the coach is. I thought Holmgren was crazy for leaving, but more power to him. Not every team can be the Steelers, having only 3 coaches in a long franchise history.

??? A team can only play who shows up on their schedule. That is a variable that no team can affect. Seattle has played very well over the last four years - well enough to be considered one of the top teams during that span.

That's true, but that's also why I posted Seattle's record versus teams outside their conference. It's not like there aren't soft teams outside the NFC West, true, but if we're being honest aside from the Seahawks the NFC West has been horrible for the past 5 or so years. The 49ers have been an embarassment for a long time now, the Rams haven't been any good since they had that couple year stretch where the "Greatest Show On Turf" with Warner and Martz was effective, and it's really telling that people consider the Cardinals as an "improved" team simply because they played .500 ball this year. Every division has its cupcakes but the Seahawks feast on them 6 games every year guaranteed. Take away those games and the Seahawks aren't much better than a .500 team.

??? You might completely deny the East Coast Bias that is alive and well in all sports, but I believe that it exists. For example, if the New Jersey Nets, an historically average BB team, were in danger of moving their franchise to OKC, there would be an uproar amongst sportswriters and fans. The Seattle SuperSonics will indeed move to OKC in a year or two, and the story merits a but a blurb in ESPN's sidebar. Most BB fans are probably unaware of this. Because of this perceived bias, Seattle - despite their success during the last few year, is rarely discussed to the level of any of the NFC East or North teams. I consider this the very definition of an underrated team - one who garners solid records and wins playoff games, yet is still underreported.

I don't deny the East Coast Bias at all. In fact, it annoys me quite a bit too. I'm not on the West coast, but living in Kentucky I'm hardly on the Eastern seaboard either. That said, I'll just repeat again that the Seahawks get somewhat overlooked because they play in a weak division and aren't much better than mediocre when they play outside their division.

They win playoff games? Other than the year they went to the Super Bowl just how successful have the Seahawks been in the postseason? Other than the year they went to the Super Bowl the Seahawks haven't won more than the first round of the playoffs in the past 5 seasons -- depending on the outcome next weekend it could be 6 seasons. Sure, to some people just making the playoffs consistently is indicative of a successful team, but again I don't think making the playoffs is any great accomplishment when the rest of the division has a combined 67-125 record. When the rest of your division only wins 36% of their games it should be a foregone conclusion that you can make the playoffs year in and year out even by just being a .500 team.

I'm not saying the Seahawks are total shit, I just think Seahawks fans get real sensitive because people don't consider them one of the top teams in the NFL and the truth is the Seahawks aren't much more than a slightly above-average team playing in a pathetically weak division which makes it easy for them to make it into the playoffs every year. Also they play in the NFC which is just weaker than the AFC no matter how you look at it these days. If you want your team to gain some respect then maybe they ought to do more than just have a sip of coffee in the playoffs each year.

• The perfect scenario is playing out in the AFC. The Colts get to play the Chargers and beat the fuck out of 'em for revenge of their regular season loss...meanwhile Jacksonville works over New England beating 'em up, but New England still wins, barely.

Then, the Colts demolish a beat of New Endland team in their own house!

The perfect scenario is playing out in the AFC. The Colts get to play the Chargers and beat the fuck out of 'em for revenge of their regular season loss...meanwhile Jacksonville works over New England beating 'em up, but New England still wins, barely.

Jacksonville needs to pray for mud and snow.......lots of it.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    The perfect scenario is playing out in the AFC. The Colts get to play the Chargers and beat the fuck out of 'em for revenge of their regular season loss...meanwhile Jacksonville works over New England beating 'em up, but New England still wins, barely.

You do yourself a disfavor by looking past San Diego. The Chargers have momentum and consistently beat up Indy. And we'll do so next week.

• The perfect scenario is playing out in the AFC. The Colts get to play the Chargers and beat the fuck out of 'em for revenge of their regular season loss...meanwhile Jacksonville works over New England beating 'em up, but New England still wins, barely.

You do yourself a disfavor by looking past San Diego. The Chargers have momentum and consistently beat up Indy. And we'll do so next week.

Dude. Yawn. The Chargers are one of the least impressive 3 seeds I've ever seen. That game today was smelly gar-bage. Indy wil K-I-L-L that team in the dome. Indy is serious as a heart attack, and San Diego is a case of mild heartburn.

Dude. Yawn. The Chargers are one of the least impressive 3 seeds I've ever seen. That game today was smelly gar-bage. Indy wil K-I-L-L that team in the dome. Indy is serious as a heart attack, and San Diego is a case of mild heartburn.

Well Put.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    For example, if the New Jersey Nets, an historically average BB team, were in danger of moving their franchise to OKC, there would be an uproar amongst sportswriters and fans.

Says who?

You postulating that the Nets moving would receive
    more of an outcry and attention than the Sonics' move
    proves nothing. In my opinion the reaction would be the same.

You guys get all that Canadian love, isn't that worth something?

Honestly, you're fooling yourself. The Sonics leaving their city, the perfect example of East Coast bias in effect, is generating little press outside of the West Coast. I simply named the Nets because they were an East-coast team with a very similar W-L percentage since the '99-'00 lockout season (51% to Seattle's 50%). I could have instead named the Knicks, a team with almost 40 more losses over the same period of time (and only a .45 win percentage), but that scenario seems unrealistic. But, shit: imagine the Knicks were headed to OKC. Drama x infinity. You'd never hear the end of it.

And I wouldn't know about the Maple Leaf Rag. I live in Chicago.