THE OFFICIAL NFL 2007 THREAD

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    haha wtf is your avatar Phill?

• haha wtf is your avatar Phill?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

How many had one eye on the boobies and one on the TV?

haha, the place was practically empty till the game was over, but the staff wasn't paying attention to their jobs.

haha wtf is your avatar Phill?

I CALL

• GOAT..........nope.

You seriously think this is the best team in the history of the NFL??

I seriously think you are asshurt!(!)

I'm just realistic.....the undefeated Miami team was a better all around team that played (imo) tougher competition.

Sorry, you can't be the GOAT with that running game.

Pats are Top 5 of all time....that's pretty high praise.

Dude. You do realize the 72 Dolphins beat a grand total of *2* teams that had winning records during their regular season, right?

Griese/Morrall >>>> Tom Brady?

You can't assess the Pats' standing until the darn thing is actually over. But say they go 19-0, you'll be hard-pressed to find a better team, don't you think?

• I'm biased, it's late, and I'm tipsy...

But, let's take a moment to reflect on Randy Moss...who was in Football Siberia last year. Seriously. He was in OAKLAND. Playing for the RAIDERS.

Now? He is playing for one of the great teams of his times, setting records, and playing with Tom Brady.

Good for him. He can seem weird, but dude is smart, funny, and the most talented receiver in the game.

Good for that dude.

Fuck that G$. Go call your counterparts in Oaktown and see if they wanna wax philosophic about this cat. And I say this as a fan of Randy Moss but I don't see how he gets passes on certain things. HE QUIT ON SEVERAL TEAMS. Sure he's charming when things are going his way and he's breaking records. The above is really kinda biased bullshit, don't you think? But I guess a lot of assholes are smart and funny. Like me.

• Soul on Ice and KK = Gumbel and Collinsworth

Rockadelic = Jessica Simpson

You people make me sick. Cowboys fans mad at Tom Brady's "overexposure". Pats fans get mad when we all won't bend and spread for the Bellichicks....won't acknowledge they been cheating for years and I still say the NFL gave y'all the Ravens game. Now read THAT w/ y'all hungover asses.

The media is hilarious though. They trip all over themselves to cover the possible "16-0 regular season" then can't spend enough time talking about how meaningless it really is until the Super Bowl. Make up your minds you fucks.

Does anyone really think the Pats won't seal the deal? I got a hunny on it and I don't have a job. I get the Pats, you get 11 other teams. Who wants it?

• Sorry the Giants couldn't pull it out, but they played a hell of a game!

Oh dudes! I don't get on the computer when I'm on vacation but I wanted to see what the folls had to say. The Giants played like they have been all season, hot and cold, so many missed opportunities on both sides of the ball. I'm mad, all week we were talking about how this was the game of the season, because in all honesty we aren't winning any rings this year, but we could've been a history spoiler and gotten huge momentum going into the post season. I could bitch and moan about some calls and a lot of plays, but I'm letting it go. Congrats to the Pats. Eli needs to grow a beard Kurt Warner style. Gumbel and Collinsworth can eat a dick.

I'm off to the beach, enjoy the rest of the weekend, happy holidays and a happy New Year to you all!

• If the Patriots go 19-0, and especially if they can knock off Jacksonville and Green Bay in 2 of the remaining 3 games, they are the greatest team in history. No doubt about it. They will have beaten all of the top teams in the NFL, no easy cakewalk through mostly mediocre teams like those '72 Dolphins.

Problem is- they won't go 19-0. THEY WILL LOOSE IN THE PLAYOFFS!

• Soul on Ice and KK = Gumbel and Collinsworth

You people make me sick. Cowboys fans mad at Tom Brady's "overexposure". Pats fans get mad when we all won't bend and spread for the Bellichicks....won't acknowledge they been cheating for years and I still say the NFL gave y'all the Ravens game. Now read THAT w/ y'all hungover asses.

The media is hilarious though. They trip all over themselves to cover the possible "16-0 regular season" then can't spend enough time talking about how meaningless it really is until the Super Bowl. Make up your minds you fucks.

Does anyone really think the Pats won't seal the deal? I got a hunny on it and I don't have a job. I get the Pats, you get 11 other teams. Who wants it?

I get to be Collinsworth!

NFL gave them the Ravens game? Put the aluminum foil on your head, my conspiracy theorist friend. All them unemployed days and drugs done affected your thinking.

• Options
    Collinsworth and Gumbel...

You people make me sick. blah blah blah

Sounds like somebody's team missed the playoffs!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I had a bad feeling about this game.

Everyone was too certain about the Pats. This is
    the NFL - no team likes to be told they have no chance,
    especially at home on a huge national TV stage. I knew
    the Giants would play hard as fuck, and I had a feeling
    it might not go well ... one thing I figured would save
    the Pats was that I counted on at least one pick 6 on
    Manning, a couple of turnovers ... but so far, Manning
    has been all but perfect. Pats can still pull this out,
    but it's looking like history might just have to wait ...

Reading this on Sunday night is just fantastic.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Soul on Ice and KK = Gumbel and Collinsworth

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'll be Jessica....that's cool.....she knows more about football than Gumball.

The Pats are the best team in the NFL.....no question.

They should win it all......no doubt.

They are one of the Top 5 teams in the history of the NFL(imo).

Even when they win the Super Bowl I won't believe they are the greatest team of all-time.

The only way anyone can have a problem with that assessment is if they believe the '07 pats ARE the GOAT.

And I've yet to see anyone have the balls to make such a claim.

Who Dat!!!!!!!!

• You people make me sick. blah blah blah

Tepid bro. My team's medicority has nothing to do w/ my appraisals. I'd hazard to say I watch more football college and pro than anyone on this board. I got takes. I've given your team mucho props, but forgive if I can't crown them a great football team and all complete Humanitarians like you and G$ would have us believe.

The Ravens shit is jokes. One questionable penalty tho that was HUGE and that Ravens coach that called the timeout should get sent a ring when y'all win it. I'm good w/ the rest of y'all wins.

But mostly just wanted to throw my hat in the vitriol ring. Y'all have a nice New Year's now.

Sickest part of the Pats/Giants game was when Moss had that bad drop AND THEY WENT RIGHT BACK TO HIM. Sick throw, sick catch. Just disgustingly nasty.

Listen you queers, I sat and watched every play of the Liberty Bowl. DO NOT TET MY FOOTBALL GANSTA.

• I'll be Jessica....that's cool.....she knows more about football than Gumball.

Even when they win the Super Bowl I won't believe they are the greatest team of all-time.

The only way anyone can have a problem with that assessment is if they believe the '07 pats ARE the GOAT.

Who Dat!!!!!!!!

If they go 19-0, I'm sure you'll be arguing this w/ G and myself. No one wants to claim it today because the playoffs haven't even started. Plus, we'll be discussing teams you probably watched as opposed to myself only studying and maybe seeing some highlights.

• Listen you queers, I sat and watched every play of the Liberty Bowl. DO NOT TET MY FOOTBALL GANSTA.

That was funny.

Gene, you know I defer to your football commitment. And, as you said in your next post, I ain't claimin' shit on this Pats team until they bring home (in the words of Tom Brady) 'that big ring the size of a belt buckle.'

You CAN'T make a GOAT claim until that happens... GOAT Regular Season, sure. And, that is nice and all...but, really, without that ring, and don't mean a thing.

But, this team knows that. Better than any of us, so I figure they will find a way to get their work done.

• Oh man watching the Saints choke away their "playoff hopes" these last two weeks were exercises in depression. I can only wonder how good the team would be if Pierre Thomas had been playing a lot after Deuce went down. I'm sold on the kid...have been since training camp. He's an NFL running back.

Now...can we deal Bush to a team in a big media outlet. Hey Raiders, how about Bush for Asmougha? Hey Chargers, how 'bout Bush for Cromartie?

edit: Wow. So that's "crazy" now, huh?

• I dig the Jags. I really do. But you guys holdin' on to hopes of the Jags or (lol) the Chargers upsetting the Pats, that's pipe dreams. If you want them to lose, pray for a strong Colts effort.

NFC......I can't see GB beating Dallas in Dallas. Favre curse lives there. I kinda like Tampa because of their defense but that is a 9-7 team. Redskins got real mojo? Seattle is utterly beatable. But then I like how Seattle would match up against Dallas. They'd score points at least. The Seahawks don't stop a lot of fools though. Sigh. I guess I gotta give Dallas a good 75% chance to emerge. The NFC playoofs overall seem sorta limp dick.

You people make me sick. blah blah blah

Tepid bro.

O RLY?

Just trying to figure out when you went from the resident
    chilled-out dude of the thread to the new Salty McAsshurt ...

... and your continued tinfoil hat ramblings about the win
    over the Ravens just makes me embarassed for you, "bro."

• You people make me sick. blah blah blah

Tepid bro.

O RLY?

Just trying to figure out when you went from the resident
    chilled-out dude of the thread to the new Salty McAsshurt ...

... and your continued tinfoil hat ramblings about the win
    over the Ravens just makes me embarassed for you, "bro."
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

You too, my man.

It's all love over here.

• What's with the quoted "bro", bro? Am I not your bro, bro? Brooooooooooooooo.......

So as I'm getting high and listening to sports TV dudes jabber and get ready to watch as much of six bowl games as humanly possible.......it's hard to pick nits w/ the Pats regular season. They beat all the division winners in the AFC. They ran through the second toughest division in the NFL (NFC East). The rest of the AFC North was no slouch (see the tinfoil hat game). They didn't miss much other than the Titans, Jags and Pack.

I'll be Jessica....that's cool.....she knows more about football than Gumball.

Who Dat!!!!!!!!

If they go 19-0, I'm sure you'll be arguing this w/ G and myself. No one wants to claim it today because the playoffs haven't even started. Plus, we'll be discussing teams you probably watched as opposed to myself only studying and maybe seeing some highlights.

If the '07 Cowboys are one of the top 3,4,5 teams in the NFL then the '07 Pats can't ever be considered the GOAT.

Their competition is tepid at best.

^^^ broken record ^^^

when will you grasp that nobody is interested in having
    this "GOAT" discussion with you, at least not until the
    playoffs are over? it's like you just ignore all replies.

^^^ broken record ^^^

when will you grasp that nobody is interested in having
    this "GOAT" discussion with you, at least not until the
    playoffs are over? it's like you just ignore all replies.

I'm trying to see how many times YOU reply.......you amuse me.

I bet I can get you to do it again too.

Cheating Scandal keeps Pats from ANY GOAT considerations!!

• I can only wonder how good the team would be if Pierre Thomas had been playing a lot after Deuce went down. I'm sold on the kid...have been since Philly Phill tried to tell me he was the real deal and I kept talkin' that Wedgie Tush and Aaron Stecker shiznit. I'll never tet Phill's football gangsta again.[/b]

• I can only wonder how good the team would be if Pierre Thomas had been playing a lot after Deuce went down. I'm sold on the kid...have been since Philly Phill tried to tell me he was the real deal and I kept talkin' that Wedgie Tush and Aaron Stecker shiznit. I'll never tet Phill's football gangsta again.[/b]

I 'member but I been knowin about dood before that.