THE OFFICIAL NFL 2007 THREAD

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    2007 NFC West CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

WORD! But the NFC West is full of chumps.

And Maurice Morris deserves more PT. Shaun Alexander is a shadow of his former self.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

WORD! But the NFC West is full of chumps.

And Maurice Morris deserves more PT. Shaun Alexander is a shadow of his former self.

True, but I'm just glad we took the division! I hope we do damage in the post season.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Ravens blew their wad on the Pats.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    Another blowout loss (at least Hill looked good after Dilfer played his potentially last snap ever) and a fan died by falling from the upper balcony of the stadium during the game.

Worst. 49ers. Season. Ever.

• For everyone talking about if the Pats will or should rest their starters in what will most likely be a meaningless Week 17 tilt at the Meadowlands...

Virtually no chance.

Cases in point:

2006 - final game of the year, locked into the playoffs 4 seed, facing the Titans. The starters played WELL into the 4th quarter, and only after the game was relatively in hand, did they insert Vinnie Testeverde to throw a TD pass...after they got the ball down to the TENN 8. Incidently, Rodney Harrison goes down in this game, and is out for the playoffs.

2004 - 13-2 heading into the final game of the year vs. a woeful 49ers team. Locked into the #2 seed behind Pittsburgh. After a lackluster first half, Belichick is PISSED at his starters, and Brady and Co. play until the end of the third quarter. By that point, again, the game is in hand, and they pull players to rest them.

So, this team and coach have a history of not pulling/resting guys just because there is seemingly nothing to play for. So, now that there might be history to play for, I don't forsee any change in tactics, no matter how loudly Ron Jaworski disagrees with the decision.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Reporter[/b]: Hey Clubber, what's your prediction for the Jets-Pats game?

Lang[/b]: Prediction?

Reporter[/b]: Prediction.

Lang[/b]: PAIN!!![/b]

So, this team and coach have a history of not pulling/resting guys just because there is seemingly nothing to play for. So, now that there might be history to play for, I don't forsee any change in tactics, no matter how loudly Ron Jaworski disagrees with the decision.

And keep in mind that the Giants may very well have nothing to play for either, and they'll need to play the following week in the first round of the playoffs, so resting their starters makes some sense. Meanwhile, the Pats will have a first round bye, so they can work on some things in that game knowing they'll have time to rest.

And by working on things, I mean working on beating the shit out of the Giants.

Vick just got 23 months in prison.

(Although why it's 23 months instead of an even two years is beyond me.)

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Vick just got 23 months in prison.

Maybe because he spent the last month in jail??

I owe my buddy lunch....I bet him Vick would never see the inside of a cell.

• Options

Forget the game, I'm just waiting to see the handshake at the end. Every camera in the place will be trained on that.

• First coaching casulty of the season, Bobby Petrino has jumped ship in Atlanta. Taken the Arkansas job apparently

Forget the game, I'm just waiting to see the handshake at the end. Every camera in the place will be trained on that.

It'd be so lovely to see the Jets win.

• Vick just got 23 months in prison.

Maybe because he spent the last month in jail??

I owe my buddy lunch....I bet him Vick would never see the inside of a cell.

I thought it was funny when old dude from Cleveland (I think?) who got busted for setting up coke deals said that jail would be "a good learning experience for Mike Vick". Ha!

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    When are you mofos going to give the Chargers some love?

• When are you mofos going to give the Chargers some love?

When they have a record better than 8-5 in a weak-ass division like the AFC West? Yeah, they've won 3 in a row and maybe they're finally getting their crap together, but before this run of 3 wins they were only 5-5 in a really bad division. Sorry, but beating teams like Oakland and Denver (not to mention only splitting with the KC Chiefs) doesn't do much to make the Chargers look tough. Let's face it, this season is essentially going to come down to the Patriots & Colts in the AFC and the Cowboys and Packers in the NFC. Maybe the Chargers go on a run and get hot when it counts but winning out in their division isn't such a major feat. I mean, really, the Chargers are the only team in their division with a winning record!

Where my bu=oyz @ tuday!??

• Options
    J-E-T-S!!!!!!!!! What's the spread anyway, I haven't seen a paper in a few days?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    J-E-T-S!!!!!!!!! What's the spread anyway, I haven't seen a paper in a few days?

128 points

• The weather here was crappy enough to get me out of the game.

Gonna watch the game, make short ribs, vanilla bean cake, and drink Irish coffee.

Now, that weather in Cleveland?

• Options
    The weather here was crappy enough to get me out of the game.

Gonna watch the game, make short ribs, vanilla bean cake, and drink Irish coffee.

Now, that weather in Cleveland?

Yeah that Cleveland field looks crazy. I still say we cover, heard it was 24 points.

I still say we cover, heard it was 24 points.

Especially if our punter keeps dropping the ball

The weather here was crappy enough to get me out of the game.

And yet, not bad enough for me to get out of work. At this rate, the Jets look like they'll cover. For what that's worth.

I am definitely NOT feeling the one-touchdown
    lead in the 4th quarter. Not really worried, but
    this game should have been wrapped up by now.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    boy, the announcer on this PIT game is dramatic.

Jaguars are the sleeper team in the East.

Stupid fucking Ravens couldn't even beat the Dolphins.

God I hate that team. 8 in a row, lord do they SUCK

• debardebar 215 Posts
    Jaguars are the sleeper team in the East.

Word. If they can get that defense healed up, then Pittsburgh/Cleveland/San Diego better watch out that first weekend of the playoffs. Garrard has looked great for the last month or so & Fragile Fred looks like he's 25 again. But I don't think anyone will prevent a Colts/Pats AFC championship game.