THE OFFICIAL NFL 2007 THREAD

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

If you had any balls and faith in your team you would have bet before the game and spotted the Eagles at least 21!!

Are you talking to me?

Balls I got, bro. Faith, too.
    Where you getting the idea that I don't?

Shit....you don't want to bet up front....and then in the 4th quarter when the Eagles are covering a 29 pt. spread you want in on the action straight up.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Shit....you don't want to bet up front....and then in the 4th quarter when the Eagles are covering a 29 pt. spread you want in on the action straight up.

Get the fuck outta here with that spread bullshit. YOU started
    changing old wagers against a team losing in the 4th quarter, I
    figured you could put your avatar where your mouth was. You should
    be more concerned that your team couldn't even dent this "beatable"
    Pats squad. GO PACK.

Get the fuck outta here with that spread bullshit. YOU started
    changing old wagers against a team losing in the 4th quarter, I
    figured you could put your avatar where your mouth was. You should
    be more concerned that your team couldn't even dent this "beatable"
    Pats squad. GO PACK.

So you want to become a Romosexual at the Pack's expense....is that what you're saying....we have a bet Thursday night???

GO PACK.

You're on.

Pack wins, you take the Romosexual until the next Cowboys win.

Cowboys win, I take it until the next Pats win.

GO PACK.

You're on.

Pack wins, you take the Romosexual until the next Cowboys win.

Cowboys win, I take it until the next Pats win.

Dude...you take me for a fool....you would have it for 3 days and I'd have it for 10......one month straight up.

Dude...you take me for a fool....you would have it for 3 days and I'd have it for 10......one month straight up.

Whatever, dude - we can skip next Monday's Pats game.
    First win after Dec. 1.

That way, one of us could have it for 10 months

• Philly phill,

your boys look good; be physical, and don't back down, and you got a shot at this club.

should be a fun game to cover this week, no matter the outcome.

Whatever, dude - we can skip next Monday's Pats game.
    First win after Dec. 1.

That way, one of us could have it for 10 months

You're not that stupid.....the Pats next game is Dec. 2nd...this is the same exact deal as above.....nice try though....one month....deal.

You're not that stupid.....the Pats next game is Dec. 2nd...this is the same exact deal as above.....nice try though....one month....deal.

You're just paranoid, I am that stupid. I thought next Monday was the 1st.

Come on, Rich - for once do something where YOU don't set all the terms.

• awwww man...

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    oh philly you guys are trying so hard...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    sucky.

Mr. Phill set the terms.....everyone else seems to be cool with them....'cept you.

Mr. Phill set the terms.....everyone else seems to be cool with them....'cept you.

I hear a lot of talking. You almost done?

• pats 1st down... game over. damn, they had 'em, too. oh well...

I hear a lot of talking. You almost done?

3 more words and I'm done...

One Month.....DEAL.

pats 1st down... game over. damn, they had 'em, too. oh well...

"The Eagles threw a blueprint out there"
    Madden

NOT OVER YET!

NOT OVER YET!
    Over....some bookies in Philly are sweating right now.

NOT OVER YET!

Hey, Phill - hell of a game from your boys.
    Feeley was awesome. You guys may have deserved
    to win this game - and at least you showed the
    league what an insult like a 30-point-spread
    can do for a team, and played with a ton of pride.

• Some Philly reporters in the booth tonight suggested that McNabb has started his final game for Philly. Feeley threw some really nice balls tonight (no ayo)...but, that last INT was NAGL x 1,000,000. From the moment that left his hand, it looked like a punt.

Jim Johnson, though, put together a hell of a gameplan tonight, though. Gotta give credit to him and the Philly D.

Helluva shot from the blimp, there...beautiful work. damn.

• NOT OVER YET!

Hey, Phill - hell of a game from your boys.
    Feeley was awesome. You guys may have deserved
    to win this game - and at least you showed the
    league what an insult like a 30-point-spread
    can do for a team, and played with a ton of pride.

... this game also really does say a lot about the Pats, too. Great teams find a way to win games like this, when they're playing subpar and some scrappy lesser team is playing their hearts out and taking it to them. the great ones step up at the end and make the plays when it counts, and that's what the Pats did. As for the eagles, i ain't one for moral victories but this is one loss that's not gonna have me going to bed mad at least.

• Some Philly reporters in the booth tonight suggested that McNabb has started his final game for Philly.

God knows i hope so. McNabb has done a lot for this team and this city and I think he's kinda gotten a deal, but his time is up here. The team just plays better with a different QB in there (well, a different QB not named Mike McMahon anyway). With Feeley under center the rest of the season I really think we might be able to make it back to the playoffs since the NFC is so putrid once again.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    That Neutral Zone call was bullshit.

That end zone "push off" call on Moss was bullshit.

• Some Philly reporters in the booth tonight suggested that McNabb has started his final game for Philly.

God knows i hope so. McNabb has done a lot for this team and this city and I think he's kinda gotten a deal, but his time is up here. The team just plays better with a different QB in there (well, a different QB not named Mike McMahon anyway). With Feeley under center the rest of the season I really think we might be able to make it back to the playoffs since the NFC is so putrid once again.

Get ready for the somehow 7-4 Shithawks next week son! Avatar wager??

• debardebar 215 Posts
    Some Philly reporters in the booth tonight suggested that McNabb has started his final game for Philly. Feeley threw some really nice balls tonight (no ayo)...but, that last INT was NAGL x 1,000,000. From the moment that left his hand, it looked like a punt.

Jim Johnson, though, put together a hell of a gameplan tonight, though. Gotta give credit to him and the Philly D.

My question is: what the hell were the Philly coaches thinking calling that play? They'd moved the ball easily all game with all the intermediate stuff in the middle of the field and could've scored with almost no time left if they stuck to that gameplan.

Also, regarding Jim Johnson: I don't understand why other teams haven't employed this game plan against the Patriots. Perhaps they don't have as great corners as Brown & Sheppard, but all I've seen from other teams is a 10 yard cushion on the wide receivers cause they're afraid of the receivers' speed. Play them physically up on the line with a safety over the top and bring guys from all over the place to bother Brady in the pocket.

I'd rather let them take all the hot reads, quick slants, ins & screens to the slot, TE or RB in the middle & 4-5 yard runs and let them eat up the clock & score 27 points, rather than to get burned play after play down the field cause you let their receivers have a free release off the line & go for 40+ points.

If Baltimore's offense can actually do something next week (highly unlikely), they have a physical enough defense to make a game of it. The Steelers the next week have a better offense and bring the blitz, but their corners aren't good enough to shut down Moss and Stallworth like the Eagles did tonight. If either of these two can't beat the Pats, they'll go undefeated unless they sit their starters.

While I won't discount the expert gameplan the Eagles
    brought tonight, and even allow that it exposed a weakness
    in the Patriots' play - people assuming other teams can just
    employ this "blueprint" and beat them in the future are seriously
    ignoring the strength of Belichick and Co. You think they won't
    be working to alter the offense enough to counter the "blueprint"
    of jamming the receivers and an aggressive pass rush? Shit, once
    the Patriots started remembering they had a ground game, the heat
    was seriously reduced on Brady, although the secondary was keeping
    his options limited.

I'm more concerned with the Eagles ability to score. I take some
    relief in the fact that they just executed some damn impressive
    plays all night long - Feeley had one of the best 3-interception
    games you'll ever see, making some passes that took serious guts.
    But still, the Pats secondary was exposed as a soft spot not for the 1st
    time this season. This is the area that can cause problems if not
    addressed, and the Steelers are already drawing up plays to exploit
    it, I'm sure, because they have the weapons to do damage.