THE OFFICIAL NFL 2007 THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Some random thoughts about Smokesgiving...

How big would the "Terrell Owens Ego" balloon be if Macy's added this to their Thanksgiving Day Parade repertoire?

Will Michael Vick get the NFL Network in his new digs???

Is Patrick Crayton really T.O.'s ventriloquist dummy??

Who gets paid more...The Falcon QB or the Trojan QB??

Apples in your Turkey Dressing...Yay or Nay??

Hogturduckenail - is stuffing 5 animals inside each other and then eating them a sign of the Apocalypse??

What's a more powerful sleep enducer...Tryptophan or the Colts/Falcons game??

You scared? I can't wait to watch this game and have to hold back on telling people what I have riding on it..."Oh, you bet the Jets getting 15? What'd you bet?" ... "Uhhh, some guy on my record-collecting website might make my avatar Boy George and Rosie for 30 days" ... "What?" ... "Could you get me a beer?".

Watch our guy David Harris, he's J.Vilma's replacement at LB and is a monster. Racked up 20 solos in his second start but shouldn't get that many against Dallas since you pass a lot. Him, Clemens, and Revis at corner are the bright spots of the lost season.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Scared ....no........disappointed that the Jets won't be bringing their flashing female fans....yes.

• Options
    Scared ....no........disappointed that the Jets won't be bringing their flashing female fans....yes.

Ahh you saw that in the Times? It's a step up from the old days when they used to throw loose change down to the bottom and watch the minority kids scamper to collect it.

• The best thing about Thanksgiving (or as I like to call it, Smokesgiving), besides seein your fam, is watching football all day, single malt scotch, drinking black and tans, mad blunts, and pigging out.

Word up!

1. Pack vs. Lions - This is a rare treat. A very meaningful Turkey Day game...in Detroit, no less! Best game of the day, right out of the chute.

Straight up, but seeing the Lions last two preformances, this will be a Pack fest.

3. Dallas vs. NYJets - Big drop off now. Does Jets/Steelers mean this game could be good or is it gonna be a straight beatdown? Will Patrick Crayton ever STFU?

lol at "big drop off" So far Dallas has faced AFC juggernauts Miami, Buffalo, and NE[/sarcasm] Now they get to face the fearsome Jets!! Roc called Sunday a possible trap game, but I think that might be tomorrow. You're not playing an NFC team bitches!

4. Colts vs. Falcons - Good God it must be hard for NFLN employees to sell this TURD. Thankfully I'll be watching SC vs. the Sun Devils.

Fuck Time Warner and the NFL network!

Left out the college game because I know nothing Lebowski.

• Watch our guy David Harris, he's J.Vilma's replacement at LB and is a monster. Racked up 20 solos in his second start but shouldn't get that many against Dallas since you pass a lot. Him, Clemens, and Revis at corner are the bright spots of the lost season.

[sportsnerd] DUDE. I've been playing in a salary cap/dynasty/keeper fantasy football league for over 15 years now. We use individual defensive players. I can't recall one game over that time span where I've seen a dude rack *20* solos. It's unfuckingreal. I drafted Harris late and for a cheap salary and resisted the temptation to cut him early on when he wasn't playing. Now I'm reaping benefits like a mug. I get to keep him for four years and he's dirt cheap. But more importantly, dude is looking like a manster in the RayRay/Urlacher mold. [/sportsnerd]

• The best thing about Thanksgiving (or as I like to call it, Smokesgiving), besides seein your fam, is watching football all day, single malt scotch, drinking black and tans, mad blunts, and pigging out.

Word up!

Haha. I feel you. I get to see Pops like twice maybe three times a year so the fam thing is a good thing this year. He cool though. I'm not calling it Smokesgiving for nuttin'.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    A good offensive line can make a mediocre QB look good, a good QB
    look great, and a great quarterback a record-breaking legend

• Scared ....no........disappointed that the Jets won't be bringing their flashing female fans....yes.

Ahh you saw that in the Times? It's a step up from the old days when they used to throw loose change down to the bottom and watch the minority kids scamper to collect it.

T-I-T-S, Tits! Tits! Tits!

That shit is funny. I need to catch the YouTube vids if they're still up......

Cowboys announced the ticket prices for their new stadium that will be ready in '09.

Prices went up 150% across the board.

A "cheap seat" will now be $360.00 and an annual parking pass(8 games) will be $750.00.

Damn SOI....you deleted that shit FAST.

We only have season tickets available because of the new stadium....everyone starts from scratch.

I've never seen anyone here say the Pats had a small fan base??

• Options

Watch our guy David Harris, he's J.Vilma's replacement at LB and is a monster. Racked up 20 solos in his second start but shouldn't get that many against Dallas since you pass a lot. Him, Clemens, and Revis at corner are the bright spots of the lost season.

[sportsnerd] DUDE. I've been playing in a salary cap/dynasty/keeper fantasy football league for over 15 years now. We use individual defensive players. I can't recall one game over that time span where I've seen a dude rack *20* solos. It's unfuckingreal. I drafted Harris late and for a cheap salary and resisted the temptation to cut him early on when he wasn't playing. Now I'm reaping benefits like a mug. I get to keep him for four years and he's dirt cheap. But more importantly, dude is looking like a manster in the RayRay/Urlacher mold. [/sportsnerd]

Yeah he's fun to watch so far. I'm waiting to see what team with a 4-3 defense scoops Vilma and what we can get in return for him, hopefully his knee isn't that bad. He'll be missed though.

Damn SOI....you deleted that shit FAST.

We only have season tickets available because of the new stadium....everyone starts from scratch.

I've never seen anyone here say the Pats had a small fan base??

Yeah, cause I realized you had said it was for the new stadium, so of course
    there would be season tickets available, although I assume there is a waiting list.

I was making a wisecrack about the Bears/Pats fanbase debate earlier in this thread,
    from just a few days ago.

• From my anecdotal evidence, it would seem the Steelers have the biggest and most far-reaching fanbase. It's kind of a no-brainer that the Bears have much bigger fanbase than the Pats.

• Options
    From my anecdotal evidence, it would seem the Steelers have the biggest and most far-reaching fanbase. It's kind of a no-brainer that the Bears have much bigger fanbase than the Pats.

Raider fans are deep too.

From my anecdotal evidence, it would seem the Steelers have the biggest and most far-reaching fanbase.

I have to disagree.....the Cowboys have to be #1 hands down.....if for no other reason than the surrounding states that don't have a team(NMex/Ark/Ok), let alone the "America's Team" bullshit.

Romo & Barber are both in the top 5 of NFL merchandise sold.

. It's kind of a no-brainer that the Bears have much bigger fanbase than the Pats.

See, and I argue that while I believe the Bears have a deeper, longer-lasting fanbase,
    I think people are underestimating the size and passion of the Pat's fanbase in 2007.
    I mean, y'all do understand how big New England is, right? They are the team for 5
    states and then some ... and people around here ride HARD for this team, despite
    how huge and successful the Sox are. 2006 Harris poll had the two teams even, which
    doesn't cover every aspect of fanhood/devotion, but does at least show that they are
    not as far apart as people seem to think. Bears get the nod for old-school depth, but
    people thinking the Pats are some newjack franchise with a bunch of bandwagoners
    are WAY off base. I live here. I KNOW how crazy people are about the Pats. It's the
    Red Sox that have the bandwagon riders - Pats fans run deep and devoted.

One thing that always struck me as funny is that for years (especially before the Pats
    were started in the early 60's and for a few years after) the most popular football team
    in New England was the New York Giants. There are still, to this day, people in this region
    who ride or die for the Giants. Their games were shown on TV and played on the radio
    around here for decades. There was a time when the NFC was GOD.

• From my anecdotal evidence, it would seem the Steelers have the biggest and most far-reaching fanbase.

I have to disagree.....the Cowboys have to be #1 hands down.....if for no other reason than the surrounding states that don't have a team(NMex/Ark/Ok), let alone the "America's Team" bullshit.

Romo & Barber are both in the top 5 of NFL merchandise sold.

Too many people hate the Cowboys. In every sportsbar I've ever been to in any state, the Steelers fans seem to be the most numerous and vociferous.

I'm not talking about "this team appeals to fans in these states because they *don't* have teams". Shit, I'll see your NM, Ark, Okie and raise you a "Gulf Coast", Steelers got fans in all area codes. That seventies shit was serious and far-reaching.

And thank you for yet again pointing out to me why I just really despise that franchise: the arrogance. F*ck man, you should know as well as I do, half of D/FW don't even root for the 'Boys unless they're winning.

• . It's kind of a no-brainer that the Bears have much bigger fanbase than the Pats.

See, and I argue that while I believe the Bears have a deeper, longer-lasting fanbase,
    I think people are underestimating the size and passion of the Pat's fanbase in 2007.
    I mean, y'all do understand how big New England is, right? They are the team for 5
    states and then some ... and people around here ride HARD for this team, despite
    how huge and successful the Sox are. 2006 Harris poll had the two teams even, which
    doesn't cover every aspect of fanhood/devotion, but does at least show that they are
    not as far apart as people seem to think. Bears get the nod for old-school depth, but
    people thinking the Pats are some newjack franchise with a bunch of bandwagoners
    are WAY off base. I live here. I KNOW how crazy people are about the Pats. It's the
    Red Sox that have the bandwagon riders - Pats fans run deep and devoted.

One thing that always struck me as funny is that for years (especially before the Pats
    were started in the early 60's and for a few years after) the most popular football team
    in New England was the New York Giants. There are still, to this day, people in this region
    who ride or die for the Giants. Their games were shown on TV and played on the radio
    around here for decades. There was a time when the NFC was GOD.

I feel ya on all counts. I'm talking *tentacles*, dawg.

The top 3 in my mind would be:

Steelers
    Bears
    Packers
    3b. Cowboys

This is based on the fanship you see of these teams in places way the hell away, and how much of the fans show up and represent at road games.

Perfect example: when Pitt played at AZ, the stadium was almost 50/50.

Gene.....in any sport...the team that has the most haters, is usually the most popular team.

Again, not a bulletproof reflection, but at least an interesting
    read, is the most recent Harris Poll of NFL teams' popularity:

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris_poll/index.asp?PID=700

And yes, the Steel come in first, but the Bears are tied with the Pats at 6th.
    I'm certainly not surprised to see the Pack and Cowboys ahead of the Bears,
    but the Colts? Do people really like them? I guess any Super Bowl winner
    gets a bump, but damn, there must be a lot of Colts fans that just aren't
    as loud or boisterous as fans of the other teams, huh?

Again, not a bulletproof reflection, but at least an interesting
    read, is the most recent Harris Poll of NFL team's popularity:

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris_poll/index.asp?PID=700

And yes, the Steel come in first, but the Bears are tied with the Pats at 6th.
    I'm certainly not surprised to see the Pack and Cowboys ahead of the Bears,
    but the Colts? Do people really like them? I guess any Super Bowl winner
    gets a bump, but damn, there must be a lot of Colts fans that just aren't
    as loud or boisterous as fans of the other teams, huh?

Yes...a Super Bowl winner will get the automatic bump due to lame folks who jump on any winners bandwagon.

Cowboys have sucked for 10 years and are still near the top.

• Thanks for the link. Some good stuff on there.

I'm not completely sold on "most hated" = "most popular". See the NBA, everybody hates the Spurs outside of some select counties in Central Texas.

J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS!!!! MAKE THIS THANKSGIVING A VERY SPECIAL ONE. BEAT THE 'BOYS AND PANTS ROMO!!!!!!!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    If Green Bay gets home field in the playoffs they'll win the Super Bowl.

If Dallas gets home field in the playoffs they'll play in the Super Bowl.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    From my anecdotal evidence, it would seem the Steelers have the biggest and most far-reaching fanbase. It's kind of a no-brainer that the Bears have much bigger fanbase than the Pats.

Everywhere I've gone in the U.S.--including Alaska and Hawaii--I found fellow Steelers fans without much trouble. We're everywhere, son!

• Options

That was embarrasing.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    If Green Bay gets home field in the playoffs they'll win the Super Bowl.

ROMOSEXUAL

Any Cheese Heads out there want to become a Romosexual??

Cowboys looked good yesterday, not great, but pretty damn good.

Now if I can just figure out a way to get Sween, GV and Philly Phill to post consecutively.

• ROMOSEXUAL

Now if I can just figure out a way to get Sween, GV and Philly Phill to post consecutively.

first

• Options

ROMOSEXUAL

first

Age before beauty.