THE OFFICIAL NFL 2007 THREAD

Comments

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Did anyone else see this shit?

I was watching CBS's (FOX doesn't work on my TV) post-game show, in which the BAL/CLE game was being re-capped live, wholly comprised of snippets after they happened. It was painful to watch the commentators watching the game on the screens in front of them like a couple of jamokes.

Sorry about the Ravens, but the Browns are having a great year. Crennel would be the coach of the year if Mike McCarthy wasn't stunning the league on a weekly basis. I know - Seattle was bitten by Cleveland in OT this year, too.

• Options
    OK... they just lost to.... THE JETS.

Jets are a whole different team with Clemens at QB.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Sween....wanna join the Romosexual bandwagon next week??

Avatar bet and I'll spot you 10.

• Options

Gotta spot more than 10 on that game. Dallas IN Dallas on Thanksgiving?? C'mon man, I didn't just fall off the apple cart. Plus L.Coles has a gimpy ankle. Gimme 17 and it's a go.

Gotta spot more than 10 on that game. Dallas IN Dallas on Thanksgiving?? C'mon man, I didn't just fall off the apple cart. Plus L.Coles has a gimpy ankle. Gimme 17 and it's a go.

The early line is 14......I'll go 15.....I'll be at the game and I usually bring the Boys bad luck (see last years Saints debacle) so you'll have that going for you too.

• New Orleans at Houston

New Orleans Even [/b]

Gene took some of that voodoo shit with him to Reliant

Ugh. Sorry dude. We tried. Teams w/ decent QBs getting healthy off a bye against us the last two weeks has been our doom. Maybe can beat Carolina next week...who knows. Roadies after a loss sure are a beatdown though.

Anyway, it was funny listening to SNF on the radio last night. They didn't even really try to sell it as a competitive game but as a spectacle. Sure sounded like a spectacle. Randy Moss did NOT like that "other 81" shit and he kinda punked TO getting his four in a half.

Side note: Rock, can't believe yr such a 81 rider, man. He doesn't fit w/ the Rcok perspective that I've seen/heard. He is a beast though.

Best football moment of my weekend: my "alma mater" beat 'Bama and Saban, at Bama. We're like the third place team in the Sun Belt, not even twenty years in D-I. Biggest win in school history. Go "Warhawks".

• Anyway, it was funny listening to SNF on the radio last night. They didn't even really try to sell it as a competitive game but as a spectacle. Sure sounded like a spectacle. Randy Moss did NOT like that "other 81" shit and he kinda punked TO getting his four in a half.

It was a spectacle straight up. One of the commentators called them the Harlem Globe Trotters of football.

That Ravens vs Browns game was some shit. I went outside after the Ravens field goal to smoke, come back only to see the ball hit the side post, and subsequent replays, on some wtf is happening. Crazy game that I couldn't stop watching as bad as I wanted to watch Dallas vs Washington.

The Giants Lions game we billed as whose the pretender and whos really a contender, but they both looked like pretenders. Mathias Kiwanuka is gone for the season, and we can see that Plax's ankle is becoming an issue. I'm glad Amani Toomer got more touches, dude is underutilized. Next week might decide our season.

Colts still have a shot, but not having Freeny I think really affected their defense. Manning looked a little shakey in the first half coming off last weeks drama. Vinateri and the special teams units might bring the Colts to ruin.

Sidenote:
    Who do you got on a streetfight between the 81's? Moss is gully but TO is straight up crazy.

• Sidenote:
    Who do you got on a streetfight between the 81's? Moss is gully but TO is straight up crazy.

TO all day. He is crazy. See the rumor of his naked beatdown of Hugh Douglas back in the Eagles days.

Side note: Rock, can't believe yr such a 81 rider, man. He doesn't fit w/ the Rcok perspective that I've seen/heard. He is a beast though.

I hear ya.....dude is insane...not a criminal.....when we got Charles Haley he had a similar rep and when my wife was working for the Cowboys Charles was the nicest dude on the team.

And so far this year T.O. seems to have turned over a new leaf.

Screw me once shame on you......screw me 4 times....yeah yeah, I know.

• Side note: Rock, can't believe yr such a 81 rider, man. He doesn't fit w/ the Rcok perspective that I've seen/heard. He is a beast though.

I hear ya.....dude is insane...not a criminal.....when we got Charles Haley he had a similar rep and when my wife was working for the Cowboys Charles was the nicest dude on the team.

Screw me once shame on you......screw me 4 times....yeah yeah, I know.

I'm just throwin barbs...what are you supposed to do...not root for him?

Pack v. Boys is gonna be that NFC schitt!

• Options

The early line is 14......I'll go 15.....I'll be at the game and I usually bring the Boys bad luck (see last years Saints debacle) so you'll have that going for you too.

Fine with me. I was figuring you'd come back with 13.5. 15 it is. How's it work, avatar changed until the end of the season or something? I missed the post where you bet with Phill (my team's 2-8, I don't come in here much), and I think there was someone else too.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

This shit pretty much ruined my weekend. I was watching the highlights like

• Sidenote:

TO all day. He is crazy. See the rumor of his naked beatdown of Hugh Douglas back in the Eagles days.

Nah, it was no beat down (and he wasn't all the way naked- he had on flip flops ). He threw a wild haymaker that didn't connect and they scuffled around but no damage was done before other players separated them. Then he called out McNabb's punk ass- McNabb wanted no parts of T.O.

• And so far this year T.O. seems to have turned over a new leaf.

No way, dude has major bipolar issues and is in a total high now. But once they start losing, and Romo and him aren't connecting, he'll start running his yapper and its all back to painkillers and decompreshion chambers.

Rock you should get one of these:

Fine with me. I was figuring you'd come back with 13.5. 15 it is. How's it work, avatar changed until the end of the season or something? I missed the post where you bet with Phill (my team's 2-8, I don't come in here much), and I think there was someone else too.

Avatar and Location change for 30 days..... you can get as nasty as you want....but if I win.....you'll be sporting this......

ROMOSEXUAL

No way, dude has major bipolar issues and is in a total high now. But once they start losing, and Romo and him aren't connecting, he'll start running his yapper and its all back to painkillers and decompreshion chambers.

Rock you should get one of these:

Believe me...there are other players on the team I'm gonna rep way before T.O.

And I agree he's nuts.....the combo of winning and anti-depressants seem to be doing the trick.

But first time they lose 2-3 in a row...watch the fuck out.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    This is not the team who will beat the *Patriots.

Like the rest of the NFL, you're spending time criticizing the Pats when you should be working on your own fundamentals. The asterisk goes after the annotated comment, holmes.

and

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I anticipate someone on the Ravens D laying Randy Moss on his ass...Baltimore's season is over....They just got embarrassed at home again and those wild ass dudes on defense are pretty angry....Nobody is dumb enough to go after Brady.....but Randy is free game if they try to run up the score in Baltimore on a Monday night game.

• pats 23 1/2 point favorites over eagles for sunday's game... biggest spread in nfl HISTORY for a game not involving an expansion team

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Donovan should just chop his balls off already.

• pats 23 1/2 point favorites over eagles for sunday's game... biggest spread in nfl HISTORY for a game not involving an expansion team

that's gonna drop. Vegas must be getting killed. I can't believe i didn't bet sunday. The patriots are like free money for degenerates.

pats 23 1/2 point favorites over eagles for sunday's game... biggest spread in nfl HISTORY for a game not involving an expansion team

that's gonna drop. Vegas must be getting killed. I can't believe i didn't bet sunday. The patriots are like free money for degenerates.

I believe the Pats are 9-1 against the spread this year. Hell, I'd take the Pats at 34.5. The over/under is 50.5. Take the over.

As for Baltimore taking a shot at Moss...well, it could happen. But it'll be tough finding a chance to lay a lick on him when he keeps waltzing into the end zone untouched.

On another note, here's a toughie: Pats v. last year's NFC Pro Bowl team. I say Pats by 10.

• Can we say a bit about the Patriots O-Line?

I mean, that offense looks world class...And, the main reason is the hogs up front. Brady has ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL day back there. Seriously, he can drop back, and scan the receivers two or three times before throwing. Not to mention how difficult it is for D-backs to cover Moss/Stallworth/Welker/Watson for that long.

I know some think you should blitz, but with Welker as a hot read, they'll just go 9 yards at a time. If you don't blitz, Brady has all day, and they'll go 90 yards at a time.

That offense is truly face melt, but let's not forget...It starts up front.

• I don't mind the Patriots, but you Pats Cheerleaders are workin' my last nerve.

Let's discuss:

What players could go down for the Pats to make the wheels come off?

-Brady

That's all I got really. Samuels would be crucial. I think they could fade losing Rizzle Mizzle.

I do agree w/ G's take on the O-Line. Logan Mankins = Top 5 name in football. It's funny to hear announcers pronounce it "Man-Kens"......I always thought it was "Mank - ins".

A good offensive line can make a mediocre QB look good and a good QB look great.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    pats 23 1/2 point favorites over eagles for sunday's game... biggest spread in nfl HISTORY for a game not involving an expansion team

While I hate to say this, losing to the Browns was not an embarassment. I was at the game and everyone expected to lose given how terrible the O is right now. Our comeback from 13 down was pretty amazing though. I ran out of the stadium a winner only to find out on the ride home that we were in OT. I don't think you'll see any dirty play on Monday night. I expect this will be another laugher.

That offense is truly face melt, but let's not forget...It starts up front.

Oh, hell yes! It's easy to get wrapped up in the TD stats, especially when compared to interceptions (38-4, I believe), but one of the main reasons he's made so few mistakes is he doesn't get hurried too often and rarely throws the ball away, all due to great protection. And they've averaged only one sack allowed per game. But sadly, lineman are always overlooked by the casual,

fan. And it doesn't help that TV coverage follows the ball, which leaves most great line play out of frame.

I don't mind the Patriots, but you Pats Cheerleaders are workin' my last nerve.

Let's discuss:

What players could go down for the Pats to make the wheels come off?

-Brady

I bet. If I were a fan of another team right now, I wouldn't want to hear from Pats fans either.

But I'm not. And I'm finding being reviled surprisingly easy to get accustomed to.

I think you're right about Brady. We could lose anybody else and still win with a few adjustments, but Matt Cassel ain't taking this team to the promised land. At least, I doubt he could. Anything's possible.

• The best thing about Thanksgiving (or as I like to call it, Smokesgiving), besides seein your fam, is watching football all day.

Games in order of interest tomorrow:

1. Pack vs. Lions - This is a rare treat. A very meaningful Turkey Day game...in Detroit, no less! Best game of the day, right out of the chute.

2. USC vs. AZ St. - Best college game I've seen scheduled on Thanksgiving in a minute. Two of the top 3 Pac-10 squads do battle. AZ State still has title game hopes.

3. Dallas vs. NYJets - Big drop off now. Does Jets/Steelers mean this game could be good or is it gonna be a straight beatdown? Will Patrick Crayton ever STFU?

4. Colts vs. Falcons - Good God it must be hard for NFLN employees to sell this TURD. Thankfully I'll be watching SC vs. the Sun Devils.

Some random thoughts about Smokesgiving...

How big would the "Terrell Owens Ego" balloon be if Macy's added this to their Thanksgiving Day Parade repertoire?

Will Michael Vick get the NFL Network in his new digs???

Is Patrick Crayton really T.O.'s ventriloquist dummy??

Who gets paid more...The Falcon QB or the Trojan QB??

Apples in your Turkey Dressing...Yay or Nay??

Hogturduckenail - is stuffing 5 animals inside each other and then eating them a sign of the Apocalypse??

What's a more powerful sleep enducer...Tryptophan or the Colts/Falcons game??