new KANYE WEST ALBUM....(weak-related)

Comments

• whats that "i wonder" sample?
    sounds familiar.
    and what happened to timbo re-doing the drums on "stronger"
    this album has a lot of that big techno synth sound that timbo's been fuckin with.

and "everything i am" is

As much as I don't like Kanye's attitude (he just annoys the f out of me because his favorite topic is him) I always try to give dudes music a fair shake because he has hooked up some fly shit over his career. Objectively i feel that this album, in light of his track record, is pretty much a piece of soft green soft synth poop. Get back on the records dude.

And add an intro.

I wonder ifthinks that track is

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I'm not sure how to feel about "Big Brother." I normally like these "behind the scenes" songs but it's like a diary entry that I'm not sure everyone else needs to be reading.

I know, first the Doctor's Advocate now this. A little less real on the "realest shit I ever wrote" wouldn't go amiss sometimes.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    The same qualities that make him a great artist are the same reasons why half the time he sounds mad gimmicky (his beats and his rap). BUT overall, he's cool with me.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    When I make a rap album, I'm going to make a song about RAJ being my big brother...

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    damn, everything ive heard off it so far has been fire, who got the reup?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I'm not sure how to feel about "Big Brother." I normally like these "behind the scenes" songs but it's like a diary entry that I'm not sure everyone else needs to be reading.

Is it just me or does this song sound unfinished/half assed?

I haven't checked this whole thing yet, but it's gonna be a fucking challenge to sit through this dudes raps.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    the dirty version is out there, kids!

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    What's the track with the PYT sample?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

prove it

• the dirty version is out there, kids!

prove it

pwetty pwease!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

prove it

pwetty pwease!

i havent actually acquired the files in question yet, but here's a whistle wetter:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    u are just enjoying another
    ___________ _____________ _____________
    . . __ _/_.__ /_.._ /_ . .. .
    / | /_________/__ /__________/__
    / | ____ / /
    | / / / /
    /_____________________________________________
    [--oL-sKOOL-cLASSiCS--------------------rELEASE!----]

ARTiST.....: Kanye West
    ALBUM......: Graduation
    LABEL......: Def Jam
    GENRE......: Hip-Hop
    SOURCE.....: CDDA
    TRACKS.....: 13
    PLAYTiME...: 51:24
    SiZE.......: 64,3 MB
    ENCODER....: Lame 3.97 V2
    BiTRATE....: VBRkbps
    SCENE DATE.: 08/30/2007
    STORE DATE.: 09/11/2007

Tracklist:

01. Good Morning (Intro) 03:15
    02. Champion 02:48
    03. Stronger 05:12
    04. I Wonder 04:03
    05. Good Life (Ft. T-Pain) 03:27
    06. Can't Tell Me Nothing 04:32
    07. Barry Bonds (Ft. Lil Wayne) 03:24
    08. Drunk And Hot Girls (Ft. Mos Def) 05:13
    09. Flashing Lights (Ft. Dwele) 03:58
    10. Everything I Am 03:48
    11. The Glory 03:33
    12. Homecoming (Ft. Chris Martin) 03:24
    13. Big Brother 04:47

Release Notes:

We're harder, better, faster, stronger!

Needs no introduction. Explicit! Enjoy!

• oh shit..i see "Curtis" got leaked...maybe that'll make my day

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    oh shit..i see "Curtis" got leaked...maybe that'll make my day

The clean version of "Curtis" suffers from all the missing shit. Kanye's clean version isn't that bad though.

Also, based on what I've heard so far, I don't know if 50's album is going to redeem your day.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    see above...page 3.

i think somebody's is watching this forum.LOL.
    The link went down as soon as i posted it here...it's been on since this morning. Weird. I re-up...

PS: maybe RS programmed their bots with "50" and "curtis" so links are killed automatically. I dunno...

Just had the answer form rapidshare quickly. 50 got power...lol.
    The file 50_Cent_-_Curtis_Clean.rar IS FORBIDDEN TO BE SHARED and is black-listed

Ill change the rar name tho'...

can somebody pm me the 50 album? pretty please?

the kanye shit is a classic!

I haven't checked this whole thing yet, but it's gonna be a fucking challenge to sit through this dudes raps.

dude, are you really sure you dont like that song? have you got to where the drums come in?

Personally, im not into fighting about it or anything, but to me this shit is amazing.

• on first listen....

this shit BANGS!

• dayday 9,611 Posts

dude, are you really sure you dont like that song? have you got to where the drums come in?

Personally, im not into fighting about it or anything, but to me this shit is amazing.

I had it playing in the background, but it sounded like he just trails off and something should come in. Maybe that's just me tho.
    I need to give the whole record the Whip Test??? to see what's really up. Speaking of, the Common album is getting weaker by the day

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

Please be serious... Amazing??

from Dictionary.com:

a??maze /əˈmeɪz/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uh-meyz] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, a??mazed, a??maz??ing, noun
    ???verb (used with object)
    1. to overwhelm with surprise or sudden wonder; astonish greatly.
    2. Obsolete. to bewilder; perplex.
    ???verb (used without object)
    3. to cause amazement: a new art show that delights and amazes.

None of these feelings should occur when listening to that song.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    THIS IS AWFUL. Really some of the worst shit I've ever heard, the synths sound like some stock DX7 presets out of the 80s. The only thing mildly good about this whole album is the instrumental of Stronger.

This is really one of the worst records I have ever heard. Big Brother is some music you'd expect to hear when you beat a really long video game.

• oh shit..i see "Curtis" got leaked...maybe that'll make my day

The clean version of "Curtis" suffers from all the missing shit. Kanye's clean version isn't that bad though.

Also, based on what I've heard so far, I don't know if 50's album is going to redeem your day.

8 of the songs were already singles, or at least leaked as singles. all horrible.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    That song that flips "PYT" is immensely appealing to the '80s baby in me (even if technically, I'm a 70s baby)

will this jam be to the 2000s what more money more problems was to the 90s?

Doubtful. I don't see it being a bigger hit than "Gold Digger" was. But damn, it's a fun listen.

I'm having trouble thinking of a bigger rapp hit in recent years than "Gold Digger"

• That song that flips "PYT" is immensely appealing to the '80s baby in me (even if technically, I'm a 70s baby)

yes. i also like the trend of slipping in a few chopped & screwed lyrics in a song that is otherwise not, like in international player's anthem.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    THIS IS AWFUL. Really some of the worst shit I've ever heard, the synths sound like some stock DX7 presets out of the 80s. The only thing mildly good about this whole album is the instrumental of Stronger.

So DX7 presets aren't awesome and the instrumental to "Stronger" is good?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

This is really one of the worst records I have ever heard. Big Brother is some music you'd expect to hear when you beat a really long video game.

Ha - I'm too fascinated by Kanye's public expression of asshurt-ness to pay attention to the Konami beats.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

So DX7 presets aren't awesome and the instrumental to "Stronger" is good?

Correct on both accounts, except I said decent, not good. And really only decent cause its Timbaland drums and a Daft Punk sample.

This is really unlistenable. Kanye's rhymes remind me of that Miss South Carolina video.