NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    Rock: Terrence Stansbury the retired Karl "I'm hunting little Mexican girls" Malone

say huh?

Malone's agent, Dwight Manley, told the Los Angeles Times on Sunday that Malone was asked by Vanessa Bryant, "Hey, cowboy, what are you hunting?" in reference to Malone wearing a cowboy hat and boots.

"She said it twice," Manley said, "and Karl answered, 'I'm hunting for little Mexican girls.' "

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1944994

• oh wow..I didnt hear about this at all.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    This dude is supposedly 5'10".

Found this one as well. Carter in Toronto = Gameover.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    This dude is supposedly 5'10".

HOPS

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    that dude's 360s would easily win the dunk contest at the all star game.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    this one's for yuichi

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

White man can't jump.

I tell ya, the flopping in basketball is out of control.

Grant Hill is signing with Phoenix.

Rashard Lewis to Orlando.

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    stephon marbury pulling out all the stops [the entire duration is golden, but if you can't spare the full 10 minutes skip to the last couple minutes]

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

In other news, I heard Kobe wants to be traded.

• Rashard Lewis to Orlando.

I also hear they're going away from nut-hugger shorts to a more longer, flowing look seemingly influenced by the popular rap music coming from the streets of urban areas.

I also hear they're going away from nut-hugger shorts to a more longer, flowing look seemingly influenced by the popular rap music coming from the streets of urban areas.

Longer shorts really?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    stephon marbury pulling out all the stops [the entire duration is golden, but if you can't spare the full 10 minutes skip to the last couple minutes]

Wow. Just wow.

How many quotables are there in this piece?

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts

Wow. Just wow.

How many quotables are there in this piece?

what was that biz about when he was saying how his sister - his "namesake" - has always been praying for him...and then he says how he finally kissed her and felt her soul???

this clip needs its own thread.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    has no one commented on Kobe's "I said what I said." bullshit. Moment's like that are why I think he's a punk. Over the phone he pops shit but in front of folls he postures about being "manly." (ayo?) why can't he say "I'm never wearing a Lakers jersey again. If they don't trade me I'll sit."

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Trade Marbury

A point guard that doesnt improve his team..........

Batmon = Speedy Claxton.......hilarious.

more like..

Grant Hill to the Suns is a very good look. He should come off the bench unless they plan on trading Marion.
    I still dont like Hill starting on a Run N Gun team at his age and fragility.
    Despite his "strong character" traits what does he do that Jalen Rose cant at the Point Small Forward?
    Diaw also can facilitate from the 3. It still is a very good look to have a vet to bolster the locker room.

Trade Marbury. New York is gonna continue to hype this up beyond the teams potential.
    I was talkin to doofi last season who were talmbout Knicks can beat the Cavs if they get into the Playoffs.
    And if they can get past the first round the only poeple who are in their way would be the Pistons.
    Mofos are so delusional when peepinh their own team here in NYC. Dudes swagger overpowers reality.
    Its really hard to talk in a rational way to Knick fans.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    Its really hard to talk in a rational way to Knick fans.

while it's true, trading Marbury wouldn't be a good look soley for the quotes!!!! Who else is gonna get 12 dimes and 3-4 assists?????

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Grant Hill to the Suns is a very good look.

Honestly, what does Hill in PHX do for anybody besides give him the opportunity to be on a contending team? He's not a difference-maker on a stacked roster like that. He wasn't even that big of a factor in the east. This trade doesn't do anything for me.

Trade Marbury.

Give Steph one more year. If he can't pull himself together enough to play with two all-star calibur big men as the anchors down low, then it will be time to find somebody who can.

Grant Hill to the Suns is a very good look.

Honestly, what does Hill in PHX do for anybody besides give him the opportunity to be on a contending team? He's not a difference-maker on a stacked roster like that. He wasn't even that big of a factor in the east. This trade doesn't do anything for me.

Trade Marbury.

Give Steph one more year. If he can't pull himself together enough to play with two all-star calibur big men as the anchors down low, then it will be time to find somebody who can.

Grant Hill's intangibles are the thing. But yeah its him tryng to go out with a chance to go deep into the Playoffs.

Im tellin you Drewn. Ive been givin Marbury so much space since he's been in NYC to become tht consistant player who at one time was right behind A.I. in terms of talent. But he has just coasted. And so the Knicks waste yet another year w/ this dude. Larry Brown saw this shit and knew he isnt that dude. He really needs to get his ass on a run n gun team where he's not asked to think in the half court set as much.
    The Knicks dont have a Mason/Rose who can handle the duties from the wing.
    I dont know man , dude has shown flashes of brillance herr in therr but he just cant seem to be that leader.
    And he the STAR in NYC. Plus his kicks are wack.

Trade Marbury.

Never.

You know who his performance in that clip really reminded me of? Nas--similar brand of craziness.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    He really needs to get his ass on a run n gun team where he's not asked to think in the half court set as much.

I absolutely agree with that statement. There were countless times last season during games when Steph made bad decisions down the floor. I'm not proclaiming that this is his year or anything, but I do want to see if another solid offensive option makes a difference. I'm really hoping that he'll be more willing to distribute the ball this season.

• All this Starbury bullshit and I'm clowned for thinking Dirk will lead a team somewhere.

YA PLAYIN YASELVES, KIDS.

All this Starbury bullshit and I'm clowned for thinking Dirk will lead a team somewhere.

YA PLAYIN YASELVES, KIDS.

Dirk did at least lead his team to the promise land but disappeared in THE CLUTCH.

Starbury has continued to dicktease mofos into believin he can make a team better.

All this Starbury bullshit and I'm clowned for thinking Dirk will lead a team somewhere.

Steph's swag >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dirk's swag

I'd rather watch Steph's team lose than Dirk's team win

• All this Starbury bullshit and I'm clowned for thinking Dirk will lead a team somewhere.

Steph's swag >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dirk's swag

I'd rather watch Steph's team lose than Dirk's team win

Crazy. And you're in NYC and I'm in Texas? This shit is insane.

• Hey, even tho y'all are assholes, I've developed a strange affinity for our discourse. I would hate to see y'all hurt yrselves while holding your breath waitin for Stephon Marbury's ass to do ANYTHING. Be careful out there.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

Starbury has continued to dicktease mofos into believin he can make a team better.

marbury is one of the top guards in the nba. what are you talking about?

marbury is one of the top guards in the nba. what are you talking about?

"Lebron is a Hero"

Herr we go.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    whatever. marbury is insanely talented. if you don't think he can make a team better, then you don't know basketball.