NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    For those that get NBA.TV they're showing ALL the summer league games in Las Vegas this year. Yesterday I caught the Sonics vs Portland. Durant got off to a very slow start but then started hitting.

Who's carrying the games?

• For those that get NBA.TV they're showing ALL the summer league games in Las Vegas this year. Yesterday I caught the Sonics vs Portland. Durant got off to a very slow start but then started hitting.

Good looks man.

Count me as one who'd love to see Gerald Wallace in them Diddy greens.

• NBA.com has all summer league games streaming for free, you just have to register.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    For those that get NBA.TV they're showing ALL the summer league games in Las Vegas this year. Yesterday I caught the Sonics vs Portland. Durant got off to a very slow start but then started hitting.

Is that the game Oden fouled out of? 10 fouls allowed in summer league and Oden fouled out.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Is that the game Oden fouled out of? 10 fouls allowed in summer league and Oden fouled out.

Oden played his first game against the Celtics I think. Whoever it was he had a very underwhelming performance. The brightest star so far was the Warriors pick Bellini who went off for a 27 point game hitting from all the place.

As for Wallace, he'd never be able to produce in that set offense in Utah.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Fuck This Rookie Class

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    uh. no.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    More proof that Lebron is next in line:

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

CGI dude. Whatchoo talmbout?

I have to apologize - I said Dunleavy, but I meant Luke Walton. A player who The Scientist referred to as "a nice piece on any team."

Can you prove otherwise?
    I think we can all agree that Charley Rosen is a decent analyst...

LUKE WALTON ??? LOS ANGELES LAKERS
    This is a terrific re-signing for both Walton and the Lakers. For sure, Walton has developed into a dangerous 3-point shooter, and has also developed a semi-effective spin-and-fade move in the low post. But it's his passwork and high hoops IQ that makes him so valuable. More valuable, in fact, in the triangle offense than in any other game plan.

NBA watchers will recall the post-triangle careers of the likes of Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, and Luc Longley, all of whom could never duplicate their effectiveness elsewhere. The same is true of Walton. His skills are perfectly tailored for the triangle and would be much more marginal in any other system.[/b]

Not many systems work as effectively as the Triangle, so why would it matter if he's marginal on any other system?
    "Nice piece on any team" and "marginal in any other system" don't quite add up. Walton's good in the triangle. He would suck elsewhere, b/c nobody else stays with a strict triangle all the time.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Do you envision him as a strictly Run-N-Gun player. I've watched him a handful of times and he seemed well balanced. Inside/Outside game. Rebounds. Decent one on one Defense.
    Utah's "Set" Offensive would be too restrictive for him?
    Sometimes that's what these cats need.

Do you envision him as a strictly Run-N-Gun player. I've watched him a handful of times and he seemed well balanced. Inside/Outside game. Rebounds. Decent one on one Defense.
    Utah's "Set" Offensive would be too restrictive for him?
    Sometimes that's what these cats need.

Yeah, I think Utah's offense would be too restrictive on him, and I don't know if he could consistenlty hit a jump shot which is a necessity for a lot of players in Utah's system.

• Oden had a sick dunk last night. Dude is active.

Oden had a sick dunk last night. Dude is active.

Didn't he foul out AGAIN though?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Fuck This Rookie Class

You sound like a Knick or Celtic fan

I have to apologize - I said Dunleavy, but I meant Luke Walton. A player who The Scientist referred to as "a nice piece on any team."

Can you prove otherwise?
    I think we can all agree that Charley Rosen is a decent analyst...

LUKE WALTON ??? LOS ANGELES LAKERS
    This is a terrific re-signing for both Walton and the Lakers. For sure, Walton has developed into a dangerous 3-point shooter, and has also developed a semi-effective spin-and-fade move in the low post. But it's his passwork and high hoops IQ that makes him so valuable. More valuable, in fact, in the triangle offense than in any other game plan.

NBA watchers will recall the post-triangle careers of the likes of Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, and Luc Longley, all of whom could never duplicate their effectiveness elsewhere. The same is true of Walton. His skills are perfectly tailored for the triangle and would be much more marginal in any other system.[/b]

Not many systems work as effectively as the Triangle, so why would it matter if he's marginal on any other system?
    "Nice piece on any team" and "marginal in any other system" don't quite add up. Walton's good in the triangle. He would suck elsewhere, b/c nobody else stays with a strict triangle all the time.

He would suck on teams that don't know how to play an effective and proven team ball concept.

He would suck on teams that don't know how to play an effective and proven team ball concept.
    LOL. I guess you're right... Maybe Luke Walton could learn them other teams how to play effective team ball.
    Sure, the triangle is effective, for Phil Jackson. Other than that though, I don't think the triangle works too well. As far as the options you've outlined here though: (Triangle or Non-team ineffective ball.) I think the league displays a wide variety of effective, team-oriented styles. Many of which have proven more effective than Phil's triangle in the last few seasons.
    Lets just say this: Luke Walton would suck on the Spurs, Suns, Jazz, Cavs, Pistons, etc etc. which is the opposite of "nice piece on any team." I don't think you would venture as far out as to say "The 2007 Champion San Antonio Spurs (ugh, I hate typing that) do not play an effective team-ball concept." would you?

• Oden had a sick dunk last night. Dude is active.

Didn't he foul out AGAIN though?

Nah, doo'. He only had *nine* fouls last night.

These Summer League broadcasts are going to help ease the pain of THE WORST SPORTS WEEK OF THE YEAR.

LOL. I guess you're right... Maybe Luke Walton could learn them other teams how to play effective team ball.

Sure, the triangle is effective, for Phil Jackson. Other than that though, I don't think the triangle works too well. As far as the options you've outlined here though: (Triangle or Non-team ineffective ball.) I think the league displays a wide variety of effective, team-oriented styles. Many of which have proven more effective than Phil's triangle in the last few seasons.
    Lets just say this: Luke Walton would suck on the Spurs, Suns, Jazz, Cavs, Pistons, etc etc. which is the opposite of "nice piece on any team." I don't think you would venture as far out as to say "The 2007 Champion San Antonio Spurs (ugh, I hate typing that) do not play an effective team-ball concept." would you?

I think Walton would actually work well with a couple of those teams you just listed.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Take note snitches! The one KB24 and The Los Angeles Lakers are giving class on the proven team ball concept!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Take note snitches! The one KB24 and The Los Angeles Lakers are giving class on the proven team ball concept!

What part of the game proven team concept is 23 shots a night? I await the Basketball Science as a baby bird anticipates its mother regurgitating pre-digested worms.

I think Walton would actually work well with a couple of those teams you just listed.

There you have it. But regardless, this is some hypothetical semantics, so i'm done.

What part of the game proven team concept is 23 shots a night? I await the Basketball Science as a baby bird anticipates its mother regurgitating pre-digested worms.

He was actually taking less than 20, mid-way through the season. And then Luke and Odom got hurt, and the Lakers were in dismay. So he had no other option than to "pick it up".

You dudes really need to learn how to read between the lines. I wasn't talking about the actual teams, I'm talking about coaching philosophies that actually yield you rings. The Triangle is one of them. One of the few might I add.

You dudes really need to learn how to read between the lines.

OK! See- I had no idea that the basketball science was firmly planted in between the lines. Plaese to dumb it down for those of us not familiar by learning how to write on the lines.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

You dudes really need to learn how to read between the lines.

OK! See- I had no idea that the basketball science was firmly planted in between the lines. Plaese to dumb it down for those of us not familiar by learning how to write on the lines.

If the KNOWLEDGE NUGGETS were easy to find, they wouldn't be worth acquiring--please get familiar.

If the KNOWLEDGE NUGGETS were easy to find, they wouldn't be worth acquiring--
    Yet another one to get tattooed on the forearm. DAMNIT. Why did I think "Reputation is the Cornerstone of Power" was such a good idea??? Do you know how much this will cost to get removed?

If the KNOWLEDGE NUGGETS were easy to find, they wouldn't be worth acquiring--
    Yet another one to get tattooed on the forearm. DAMNIT. Why did I think "Reputation is the Cornerstone of Power" was such a good idea??? Do you know how much this will cost to get removed?

That is fuckin' hilarious.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    is this guy goldenstate's answer?

i'd like to think so. even if he's just another peja softbatch, under Nelson's system and with Baron running the point i see it working beautifully.