NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    So, allegedly Rashard Lewis commits with the Magic for 5 yr/75 mil. This plus the huge extension proposed for Howard (5 yr/80 mil) leaves no money left for a solid supporting cast = 5 more frustrating years by arguably the worst managed team in the NBA.

Right, right. You know you're in a bad situation when you can't afford to keep Darko Milicic.

What kills me is that management was all about keeping Darko because of his 'talent' and size, refusing to get Vince Carter for him + Ariza + fodder, and now we just release him for nothing. A player with zero work ethic we gave up a first rounder for. It's just another notch in a long line of dumbass moves by Otis Smith and company.

Hiring the Gator coach for publicity

Getting jack shit for TMac

Taking JJ

Having Jameer Nelson play PG

Selling like 6 2nd rounders since 2005 for cash

Drafting Vazquez with our top pick without having any contact with him - he's off in Spain

Trading Mobley for Christie, a dude who was on the verge of retirement who hated Orlando to begin with

Gooden, Hunter, and Varajeo for Battie

etc.

If it wasn't for the fortunate luck when it comes to high lottery picks, the Magic would always be dead last.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Rashard Lewis to Orlando. Looks unlikely that Seattle will be getting anyone back via sign and trade.

Who does this leave them with? They're not gonna be competitive with Durant alone...

So much for Seattle being a playoff contender.

Wait--I almost forgot!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Rashard Lewis to Orlando. Looks unlikely that Seattle will be getting anyone back via sign and trade.

Who does this leave them with? They're not gonna be competitive with Durant alone...

NOBODY.

Durant is going to be a very lonely child for a while in the great northwest.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

CRAZY. It leaves them w/ a grip of "Ls" to look forward to.

The Sonics have been pretty mediocre with Lewis and Allen the past 5 years. It was time to make a change, both those dudes were hella soft. They will be terrible next year though. No way around that. Orlando paid a #2 kinda player franchise money. That's not a good look for them. Rashard is pretty one dimensional. He can shoot the ball when he has a good look but he plays absolutely no d, and can't really create his own shot or handle the ball. He's a nice guy but 15 per year!. Wow.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

NOBODY.

How does Jeff Green factor in? And doesn't he play the same position as Durant?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

NOBODY.

How does Jeff Green factor in? And doesn't he play the same position as Durant?

Yeah, but Green is suppose to be a point forward so they'll probably play them together some with Green initiating the offense and Durant being the scorer. Depending on the coach Green may not even see that much PT at the beginning of the season because there are plenty of coaches that don't like rookies unless they're stars like Durant.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Rashard is pretty one dimensional. He can shoot the ball when he has a good look but he plays absolutely no d[/b]

I've barely watched Rashard Lewis and these were my exact assumptions. Another idiot GM over at Seattle; overemphasizing the need for a scorer. Scorers are over-rated dude.

On another note, Lakers are eyeing Steve Blake! lol Gimme a fuckin' break. Kupchak really must be smoking crack.

Rashard is pretty one dimensional. He can shoot the ball when he has a good look but he plays absolutely no d[/b]

I've barely watched Rashard Lewis and these were my exact assumptions.

The Next Level Revealed: Basketball Telepathy

• Rashard is pretty one dimensional. He can shoot the ball when he has a good look but he plays absolutely no d[/b]

What's after that? Basketball Telekinesis? He can sit at home and control Kobe like it's a video game?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Not really, though - The Scientist's initial assessment of any basketball player is that they are soft on fundamentals, defense, and passing. Not until The Scientist has devoted a proper amount of time to taking in their game can they hope to bask in his good graces.

What's after that? Basketball Telekinesis? He can sit at home and control Kobe like it's a video game?

Such things are not to be spoken of in the open--my man can reach right through your computer screen with his mental powers.

Not really, though - The Scientist's initial assessment of any basketball player is that they are soft on fundamentals, defense, and passing. Not until The Scientist has devoted a proper amount of time to taking in their game can they hope to bask in his good graces.

Not true! Who among us could forget the day (circa March of '07) that the Scientist put us all up on the little-known Deron Williams?

Not true! Who among us could forget the day (circa March of '07) that the Scientist put us all up on the little-known Deron Williams?

It was much earlier than that I believe.

Right - he had tried to told us about D-Will, but we were too obsessed with garbage time run-n-gun Warriors and the soft posting of Dirk.

We couldn't see his vision, but then he drew the picture.

Hmmm, yes; repeeping the manuscripts, I see it was December.

Right - he had tried to told us about D-Will, but we were too obsessed with garbage time run-n-gun Warriors and the soft posting of Dirk.

And what of when we learned that D-Fish is a better player than Chris Paul? A gem of such shocking size that I could barely stand upright when it was dropped upon me.

• Dirk.

^^^^^^^^^^

MY MAN'S NAME IN YOU MOUF

WHO POSTS ABOUT DIRK MORE? ME, OR Y'ALL?

Dirk.

^^^^^^^^^^

MY MAN'S NAME IN YOU MOUF

WHO POSTS ABOUT DIRK MORE? ME, OR Y'ALL?

Poasting about Dirk >>>>>>>>>>> Poasting about people posting about Dirk

Poasting about Dirk >>>>>>>>>>> Dirk fandom

And what of when we learned that D-Fish is a better player than Chris Paul? A gem of such shocking size that I could barely stand upright when it was dropped upon me.

I never said that actually. But enough about me.

• GP>>>>>>>>>>>>GP Poasts>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dirk>>>>>>>>>>>>>Crumbsnatchas>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>YOU

• Has that recent weird Marbury tv interview been discussed in this thread yet? I just sort of skimmed over the past few pages and didnt see anything about it. That shit had me cracking up, though..especially at the very end.

That poast reeked of desperation. Try to keep it together down there.

GP>>>>>>>>>>>>GP

Expand

Man, if there's one thing New Yorkers are good at. It's hyping shit up.
    I predict the Knicks to be like the Golden State Warriors of the East; exciting compared to earlier years, but ultimately the type of basketball that won't win you shit. You can mark my words.

Don't be mad because I spit the truth.

• GP>>>>>>>>>>>>GP

Expand

Damn spacing! Follow the train..........

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Poasting about Dirk >>>>>>>>>>> Dirk fandom

I love MVP talk!!!!

• That poast reeked of desperation. Try to keep it together down there.

Thought it was a solid effort. Let me open up my Adam Sandler quote book and see if I can get back on NYC's level.

GP>>>>>>>>>>>>GP

Expand

GP vs. GPP! it's the triflin' hustler versus the debonaire businessman. Get Familiar!