NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

you Eastcoast dudes are mad lenient when it comes to evaluating yo players, playa

This from the dude who thinks Dunleavy is a big asset to his team?

Cleaning Out My Closet.....

HOWEVER, you Eastcoast dudes are mad lenient when it comes to evaluating yo players, playa. EASTCOAST BIAS.

"TRADE MARBURY"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

HOWEVER, you Eastcoast dudes are mad lenient when it comes to evaluating yo players, playa. EASTCOAST BIAS.

Says the dude that thinks D-Fish is one of the game's top PGs.

I never once said that. You should go back to the "manuscripts".

Would somebody that has more time on their hands today than me please repeep the manuscripts and locate the poast where Yuichi, in a flourish of mad Basketball Science, declared D-Fish a better player than Chris Paul?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I have to apologize - I said Dunleavy, but I meant Luke Walton. A player who The Scientist referred to as "a nice piece on any team."

I have to apologize - I said Dunleavy, but I meant Luke Walton. A player who The Scientist referred to as "a nice piece on any team."

There has also been some indefensible gushing over Kwame.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Can you prove otherwise?

Can you prove otherwise?

Sure - put him on the Knicks!

Can you prove otherwise?

That's that Basketball Scientific Method I'm talking about! Hypotheses may only be disproven!

Would somebody that has more time on their hands today than me please repeep the manuscripts and locate the poast where Yuichi, in a flourish of mad Basketball Science, declared D-Fish a better player than Chris Paul?

Dude.....you really need to stop putting words in my mouth.

I probably said something to the effect of Deron Williams > Chris Paul.
    I would take D-Fish over Chris Paul. And then Edpowers dropped an instant classic.
    And usually, I refrain from using ambiguous and misleading words like "better player". That ain't what the science is about.

• but I meant Luke Walton. A player who The Scientist referred to as "a nice piece on any team."

This is a true statement. Walton would fit in just about anywhere. He's got a well-rounded game.

That said, career role-player. YOu need those, though.

B-Ball's Telepath......

Fuck Jason Kidd.

15pts/10dimes/10boards/1 post-game wifebeating

The fuck outta here! HE AIN'T NO STOCKTON OR MAGIC.

Manu is 10 times the baller that Melo and AI are. And my support for him is inifinite, kinda like the horizon.

Dude.....you really need to stop putting words in my mouth.

I probably said something to the effect of Deron Williams > Chris Paul.
    I would take D-Fish over Chris Paul. And then Edpowers dropped an instant classic.
    And usually, I refrain from using ambiguous and misleading words like "better player". That ain't what the science is about.

I would take Fisher over Paul in a heart beat.

That's the actual quote.

GP: career role player = "nice piece"?

I would take D-Fish over Chris Paul.

Well, okay, those may well have been your words.

Perhaps my faculties were momentarily overwhelmed by the Basketball Science on display and I misguidedly assumed that you would take the better player.

Luke Walton = $30M over 6 years
    No doubt Kobe is rethinking his trade demand at this very moment!

Luke is a nice piece on any team.

Not any team. I think his short comings are masked within the Tex Winters triangle.
    Id hate to see him try to run w/ the Golden State team.
    He's a rarity like Shane battier - SF/PF combo who does a alot of things that dont register in the stat book.
    *translation - dude isnt as athletic as the next man but makes up for it w/ savvy/willpower*
    I the right system he is that Glue guy.

Manu is 10 times the baller that Melo and AI are. And my support for him is inifinite, kinda like the horizon.

Wow--I'd forgotten about that one. I think I'll get it tattooed on my forearm in order to ensure against further lapses. Such TRUTH NUGGETS should be cherished.

• GP: career role player = "nice piece"?

I guess it's semantics. My minor point being, you need Waltons on your team.

I cannot get behind "Manu is 10x better than AI".

I would take D-Fish over Chris Paul.

Well, okay, those may well have been your words.

Perhaps my faculties were momentarily overwhelmed by the Basketball Science on display and I misguidedly assumed that you would take the better player.

It can be overwhelming for anybody if not equipped with the proper tools to digest such truth nuggets.

Wow--I'd forgotten about that one. I think I'll get it tattooed on my forearm in order to ensure against further lapses. Such TRUTH NUGGETS should be cherished.

Truly a gem.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

Can you prove otherwise?
    I think we can all agree that Charley Rosen is a decent analyst...

LUKE WALTON ??? LOS ANGELES LAKERS
    This is a terrific re-signing for both Walton and the Lakers. For sure, Walton has developed into a dangerous 3-point shooter, and has also developed a semi-effective spin-and-fade move in the low post. But it's his passwork and high hoops IQ that makes him so valuable. More valuable, in fact, in the triangle offense than in any other game plan.

NBA watchers will recall the post-triangle careers of the likes of Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, and Luc Longley, all of whom could never duplicate their effectiveness elsewhere. The same is true of Walton. His skills are perfectly tailored for the triangle and would be much more marginal in any other system.[/b]

Can you prove otherwise?
    I think we can all agree that Charley Rosen is a decent analyst...

LUKE WALTON ??? LOS ANGELES LAKERS
    This is a terrific re-signing for both Walton and the Lakers. For sure, Walton has developed into a dangerous 3-point shooter, and has also developed a semi-effective spin-and-fade move in the low post. But it's his passwork and high hoops IQ that makes him so valuable. More valuable, in fact, in the triangle offense than in any other game plan.

NBA watchers will recall the post-triangle careers of the likes of Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, and Luc Longley, all of whom could never duplicate their effectiveness elsewhere. The same is true of Walton. His skills are perfectly tailored for the triangle and would be much more marginal in any other system.[/b]

Not many systems work as effectively as the Triangle, so why would it matter if he's marginal on any other system?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    "Kobe Apologizes To Laker GM"

"Kobe Apologizes To Laker GM"

I counter this with KB's top 10 dunks from the 06-07 Season:

The one through the Utah defense is ridiculous.

Everything seems so damn right all of a sudden when I watch clips like that. I'm off to the library.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    For those that get NBA.TV they're showing ALL the summer league games in Las Vegas this year. Yesterday I caught the Sonics vs Portland. Durant got off to a very slow start but then started hitting.

I'm curious to where Gerald Wallace will end up.

We have a spot for him here in Dallas

We have a spot for him here in Dallas

I actually thought about that.

Damp
    Dirk
    Wallace
    Howard
    Jet

or

Dirk
    Wallace
    Howard
    Harris/Jet
    Jet/Harris

Last Season Wallace played a little at the PF position for a while due to frontcourt injuries in Charlotte.
    He'd be a good addition in Dallas. And he has a Swagger that the team lacks. Plus he'll come in hungry and w/out the monkey on his back that the current team has.

I think Wallace can have a breakout year....he's still real young and is a big talent. The right situation might bring this guy to the next level.

I think Wallace can have a breakout year....he's still real young and is a big talent. The right situation might bring this guy to the next level.

Should he go to a contender or a "on the cusp" team like Utah?

Utah is legit but could be tweaked...IMO.

Shit- put him in between Kobe and Oden. Or next to Wade. Miami has alot of tweakin to make.

He's better than Quentin Richardson......wink wink.