price check

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i dont think its the OG innersleeve. But it is the Og record and cover and so onz.

but seriously. ITS NOT A REISSUE. it just doesent have the og innersleeve.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Is that the OG innersleeve?

Nope, that is not the OG innersleeve.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    uh oh. Worth less without the inner, I'm afraid.

I have an OG inner, alas I don't have the LP. We might could work out a trade/profit sharing of some sort though.

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    ok.

i've been watching this from afar, but i just can't allow this to go on any further.

SP, i know you have a bit of a reputation around here already, but if those pics are for real and everything and you really scooped up this gem, you are going to take a loss if egon reissues this. i'm cool with egon and alll, and we're both reasonable dudes [him especially].

just on the effort of looking out for our young vinyl brethren, i feel you should contact him explaining your situation. i might not be in the position to try to help here or whatever, and some of you may scold me for not letting this young one earn his knocks like we all did. hell, maybe i should bite my tongue. but if egon reissues this as planned, you may not ever live it down.

if you consider yourself a personable and reasonable dude and understand the grandiose nature of this situation along with the rest of us, i suggest making a video detailing just how strongly you feel about this record and what your feelings would be if egon reissued this.

ill see to it, personally, that egon sees and understands the plight of the poaster

did anyone try contacting Dusty Groove and have them check the trash or recycling???

just saw the video.

i'm let down just as much as everyone else.

guess ill go take a nap...

Look, half of you who are calling this a reissue have never even seen the real thing so just step off.

whaaat? Its not a re-issue. Im dyin over here mang.

• ToccuDomuToccuDomu 225 Posts

I have an OG inner, alas I don't have the LP. We might could work out a trade/profit sharing of some sort though.

I heard the inner sleeve had a a photo of Sergio and Herbie Mann both shirtless shaking hands with Jorge Ben looking on in the background with a talk bubble that says "mas que nada." Is that for realz, or just more apocrypha regarding this rarity?

I heard the inner sleeve had a a photo of Sergio and Herbie Mann both shirtless shaking hands with Jorge Ben looking on in the background with a talk bubble that says "mas que nada." Is that for realz, or just more apocrypha regarding this rarity?

Nah, thats bullshit. The real inner is just like the cover except they are all shirtless. Dude on the far right has a third nipple. Shit is crazy.

what do i need to prove to the people that this is not in fact a re-ish?
    i will show dan zacks, for real.

whaaat? Its not a re-issue. Im dyin over here mang.

superpoastertwo, i apologize but i don't see it fit communicating via private messages in a situation like this that affects the vinyl community as a whole.

so, in response to your query about contacting egon, i will only reiterate that he maintains a low profile [probably to avoid situations like this lol]

chances are, though, that he is checking this out right now, as i know he's been conducting his final wave of research regarding this gem. he's probably on the radar right now, if you want to go for it.

do i flash the egon signal or what? He cant know about superpoaster 1 or 2!! Now Ill never give madlib a high five! MY FUTURE IS RUINED! But seriously, EGON we need to talk.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I'm not trying to step on any toes but it's public knowledge that Cut Chemist has been trying to get his hands on a copy for a while.
    You might be able to pull much more $/trades out of him due to his spite for Egon scooping it up right under CC's nose on a road trip back in the day (but you didn't hear that from me ).

Oh snap! I will sell this to cut chemist! I have been a fan of that dude since age 10! Partially the reason why I bought decks and a mixer. Ill just see who wants it, this is turning out to be cooler then i expected. Who knows cut chemist? Can someone flash the chemist light?

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Is this really happening?

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    cut chemist will not accept a reissue!!! dude is well known for his OG inner sleeve fetish as well!

• I have heard the japanese pay serious money for this piece... Ask somebody for reliable japanese contacts.

Dress

Is this really happening?

Happy Friday.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    What about marcofunk? We all know he has deep pockets and a fetish for the black (brazilian) man soul. Do you need his email? There's also blackvinyljunky, but he may not be heavy enough to make a legitimate offer. Don't let bizzo get a copy; you need to keep the direct digging potential to yourself.

Pretty sure Bizzo has already got a copy. He was gripping on that shit back when I first got on soulstrut. Heard he took out an extra mortgage on the yacht to pay for it.

I know whatever he paid though, it would be considered a bargain by today's standards.

do you need me to take the sent of it and emulate it into a jar to tell that it is the smell of a OG? But seriously, Im sellin this. Who wants it? Do I hear a bidder?

way out of my range, but I'm sure Faux_Rillz (where is he?) would take this off you for a not small amount.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    do i flash the egon signal or what?

I think his stylist used to post here. Maybe give that a try. I'm sure someone from his camp has already heard the news of your discovery.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Ill try to rip it for you.

Rip it at 320, please. Anything less would not do this piece justice.

ill try man. im really excited because i thought thi was worth 100 tops. I need vinyl money and theres a good chance i could get A LOT of it. Ill try to rip it, ill ax my dad how to work the vinal recorder to cd recordplayer thang. Ill do it, dont worry.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Faux_Rillz (where is he?)

He is Bay-Bound.

I hope to God Cool Chris can sort him with one of these Sergio raers this weekend.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

He is Bay-Bound.

AYO

He is Bay-Bound.

I hope to God Cool Chris can sort him with one of these Sergio raers this weekend.

Oh man. You might could have to get the boy in front of the computer box. I don't know if Chris is rolling like that. You heard he sold a lot of his top raers to cop that mansion, right?