NBA Playoffs Batches!!!!

Comments

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

That said, my Bulls are going to get swept. Just pitiful play.

C'mon now, Pistons just held serve. Series doesn't start til a road team wins. Not saying you're gonna win the series, but buck up man!

This series is over; it's a total mismatch. I will be shocked if the Bulls lose by only 10 in their remaining two defeats.

keep in mind Chicago did just sweep the defending champions. i'd say the series ain't over yet. now if the DP get the next game, then you're probably done, but shit, have some heart for your team man!

• DJ_PhillieDJ_Phillie 199 Posts
    keep in mind Chicago did just sweep the defending champions. i'd say the series ain't over yet. now if the DP get the next game, then you're probably done, but shit, have some heart for your team man!

the Bulls ended the season great (minus the last game versus NJ), and played tremendously against the miami heat in the first round. i picked them to beat Detroit in 6 games because of all that. i've been watching them all season. however, we CAN NOT win when we shoot 32-34% field goals. we CAN NOT win when detroit outrebounds us by 20 or so. we can't win when none of our players can step up and hit up shots and get 20 or more points per game. and god damnit, we can't win if we give up the first quarter by a blowout, which then lowers our confidence and forces us to play pressured, "catch-up" basketball. i'd love to see us win the next 4 straight or even 4 of the the next 5....but improvements NEED to be made. the bulls CAN do this, and im glad they got until thursday to make some adjustments and get their head back in the game.

the bulls CAN do this, and im glad they got until thursday to make some adjustments and get their head back in the game.

That's how I feel. They had a couple bad games. They just need to regroup, make some adjustments, and come out fired up for the first game in Chicago. All it takes is 2 wins at home to shake Detroit up a bit. It can happen.

The one thing I love about this series is that these are my 2 favorite east teams so I'm happy no matter who wins. I just wish this series were the ECF. I think Detroit is looking great this year and woudl love to see them advance, but even if not, it's all good, they will be ferocious next year. Denver/Chicago 2008 NBA Finals! Haha.

• DJ_PhillieDJ_Phillie 199 Posts
    i was rooting for denver to make the finals this year, but now they're out and i'd love to see golden state make it there.

as for the pistons, i hate em and always have. i dont hate them as much as i hate the spurs though. if chicago loses the series to detroit, then i want NJ or cleveland to make it to the finals. but i think detroit can easily beat either one of those teams.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I'm not gonna say that this series is already in the bag, but this is not the Pistons team from last year. The biggest difference is the power of the bench. The B team is just as good, if not better, than the starting 5 of any low-to-mid-level team in the NBA right now (take your pick). If there's one word I could use to describe the state of mind in that organization right now it would be FOCUSED.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Detroit CANNOT lose when they don't miss. Last night was so brutal to watch, even more so than Saturday. Everything was coming up Pistons. Chicago was looking shook the whole game. Hopefully they can come with something at home.

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    tyrus thomas impressed me last night - he was a bright spot for chicago.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Chicago is done. they've looked terrible the last 2 games. i want them to win, but i just don't see it happening.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    tyrus thomas impressed me last night - he was a bright spot for chicago.

Tyrus Thomas was the leading scorer for the Bulls last night?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    DERON WILLIAMS, BIYOTCHES. Get used to it.

I think Dee Brown saved their ass with those 2 lay-ups though.

Nice to see Dee Brown actually getting some minutes. Just looking at the box score, Brown played 13 with 6 points.

Best game in any sport I ever saw in person was Illinois coming back from 15 down late in the second half to beat Arizona in the Elite 8 back in '05 or something. Deron Williams was playing point, Dee Brown at the two.

Also, nice to see AK47 making his presence felt with... 7 blocks!

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    Chicago is done. they've looked terrible the last 2 games.

the pistons are just playing on a different level than the bulls. The Bulls crushed an old Heat team who's coach didn't play Zo & shaq together AT ALL. The Pistons have too much firepower and Rah Wally (100 blocks & 100 treys!). I bet Big Ben is wondering if the money is worth getting his ass handed to him.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    The Pistons have a pretty easy path to the Finals--which should work to the D's advantage as the WC teams are likely going to be beating the crap out of each other.

Barkley was last night talking about the Bulls. "They lost the first game by 27, and they lost this one by 21--hey, they're getting better! Maybe they'll only lose the next one by 17."

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    I'm not gonna say that this series is already in the bag, but this is not the Pistons team from last year. The biggest difference is the power of the bench. [/b] The B team is just as good, if not better, than the starting 5 of any low-to-mid-level team in the NBA right now (take your pick). If there's one word I could use to describe the state of mind in that organization right now it would be FOCUSED.

had monster dunks and 12 pts game one.

defensive pest off the bench... i still get nervous when hes got the ball behind the arch though.

that said, i wanna see more from

and

detroits bench is deeper than last year, but not as deep as the okur/mike james/corliss days IMO.

didnt watch game 2 but cwebbs numbers were solid. he's had a slum at the end of the season. dp needs him in this and the potential rounds to come.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    As Charles Barkley consistently says, whatever happened to defense?

116-112.

Uh... did you watch the game?

I only tuned in the fourth quarter and there were more steals and blocks then in some entire games.

Uh... I watched more than you.

"You talkin' about defense?! You talkin' about steals and blocks right?!"

the pistons are just playing on a different level than the bulls. The Bulls crushed an old Heat team who's coach didn't play Zo & shaq together AT ALL. The Pistons have too much firepower and Rah Wally (100 blocks & 100 treys!). I bet Big Ben is wondering if the money is worth getting his ass handed to him.

HA-hahahahaha! What happened to the centerpiece? *cough* "no chance without wade...."

I bet Big Ben is wondering if the money is worth getting his ass handed to him.

Okay, this made me laugh.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Whether the Warriors win or lose I think it gonna be time for:

OAKLAND GONE WILD III !!!

I hope French Braid has his camera ready

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts

i thought the bulls played more or less evenly with the pistons in the second half last night - they just couldn't fight all the way back after starting out so slowly.

the pistons looked vulernable at times to the bulls' team speed as well - just hacking ang fouling away, which led to the bulls shooting over 50 free throws.

while i don't think the bulls will come back to win the series, i do think they'll present much more of a consistent challenge in the next two games at home, perhaps winning at least one. but, in order to do so, the chicago backcourt must step up to the challenge and make some effin shots[/b]!

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    It pains me to say it but I kinda like the Jazz squad. They've got a good mix of athletes, shooters and bangers/dirty work guys. Matt Harpring goes hard!

Where be the Jazz fans??

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    As Charles Barkley consistently says, whatever happened to defense?

116-112.

Uh... did you watch the game?

I only tuned in the fourth quarter and there were more steals and blocks then in some entire games.

Uh... I watched more than you.

"You talkin' about defense?! You talkin' about steals and blocks right?!"

I am sorry, I know that you are on some science that involves moving your feet sideways and boxing out and all those kind of fundamentals that they teach you in intramural league. I learned the hard way not to belittle your science about STRONG CHEST PASSES and now I may have to learn the hard way what it is to be a defensive Basketball Scientist.

All I am saying is that sometimes great defense, coupled with run-and-gun fast break offense, can cause a high scoring game, not just a mere lack of defense like you seem to be implying.

It pains me to say it but I kinda like the Jazz squad. They've got a good mix of athletes, shooters and bangers/dirty work guys. Matt Harpring goes hard!

Where be the Jazz fans??

I've really liked their offense this season. Their defense is generally soft. But fuck it, I'm gonna ride with the Jazz.

GO UTAH!!!!!

All I am saying is that sometimes great defense, coupled with run-and-gun fast break offense, can cause a high scoring game, not just a mere lack of defense like you seem to be implying.

I get a strong impression that the Warriors for instance are not fundamentally sound. That's why I (like Charles Barkley) is skeptical at best. 116 points.

You know what was funny in the Spurs/Suns first game right. D'Antoni kept calling to his players "We need to play defense! DEFENSE. Let's get it done on the defensive end." I like that dude and all, but that was pretty amusing.

"26 LEAD CHANGES IN THIS GAME!!! OH MY!!" = "Exciting basketball". No stops.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

I get a strong impression that the Warriors for instance are not fundamentally sound. That's why I (like Charles Barkley) is skeptical at best. 116 points.

You know what was funny in the Spurs/Suns first game right. D'Antoni kept calling to his players "We need to play defense! DEFENSE. Let's get it done on the defensive end." I like that dude and all, but that was pretty amusing.

No you're right, the defensive stops were lacking. However I wouldn't say it was lax defense per se as the turnovers were not just weak passing and lost dribbles, there was a lot more to it than all that.

I do agree that they need to get some stops. Can't just trade baskets.

No you're right, the defensive stops were lacking. However I wouldn't say it was lax defense per se as the turnovers were not just weak passing and lost dribbles, there was a lot more to it than all that.

I do agree that they need to get some stops. Can't just trade baskets.

Exactly my man.

I think naturally the "free-wielding" Warriors have a harder time guarding the Jazz than they did the Mavs, because they have a variety of ways they can attack. In my mind, they have one of the most fluid offenses. They pass the ball a lot, which creates holes in the defense. And the Dubs (much like the Suns) seemingly don't mind giving up a bucket, to drain a three in transition on the way back. It's been working for them thus far, but it definitely has its risks.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    I bet Big Ben is wondering if the money is worth getting his ass handed to him.

Okay, this made me laugh.

From Detroit News
    http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070508/SPORTS0102/705080347/1004w

Wallace was in the crosshairs of hecklers behind the Bulls bench, as they chanted "$60 million" in the final minutes of the game. Wallace signed a $60 million contract with the Bulls last off-season.

Wallace subtly acknowledged the hecklers twice by holding a hand up and rubbing his thumb, index and middle fingers together -- signifying he has some bucks.

In essence, the Jazz should be able to go pretty far with the talent/head coach they have. You got Boozer who can take the ball from anywhere and get to the hoop, plus he is tough on d, you got ak47, who can shoot from anywhere on the court and play some mean d (7 blocks the other night? that's Camby numbers!), you got a good hustle player in Harpring (although I can't stand that fuckin' guy), also a decent defender, a potential star in Derron Williams at the point with great speed and strength, also a decent defender, Mehmet Okur the big dude who can score and grab boards, and a veteran coach who has coached the same team his entire career (Sloan never coached anyone else, did he?). Plus you got 3 promising rooks in Milsap, Brown and even Brewer. They seem like they should be a great team. Another thing that trips me out is nobody on the team has played more than 5 years (aside from derek fisher and harpring) . I still don't like them mofos though.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts

HA-hahahahaha! What happened to the centerpiece? *cough* "no chance without wade...."

Better to have one ring in the twilight of one's career than zero in one's prime.....

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Where be the Jazz fans??

I've really liked their offense this season. Their defense is generally soft. But fuck it, I'm gonna ride with the Jazz.

GO UTAH!!!!!

Utah's defense is "generally soft?"

Better to have one ring in the twilight of one's career than zero in one's prime.....

I suppose so. But your man got lucky, since the media and public attention seems to have shifted LONG AGO from Miami "The Defending Champs". Otherwise, nobody would have been so accepting of the dismay and ultimate failure of Shaq and co! Nobody blamed Shaq cuz everybody knew, "Dwyane Wade or nothing". This fact was established early on in the season.

Where be the Jazz fans??

GO UTAH!!!!!

Utah's defense is "generally soft?"

You dudes...........go do the research yourself. I'm tired of having to explain myself.