New York's Newest Spot (b/w What I've Been Doing)

Comments

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts

Good looking out Johnny Paycheck. I will definitely stop by this summer.

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    congrats JP! good luck and hope all the info i gave helps.

-d

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Legend-

absolutely! Did you get the info on Scorpio I sent over?

- J

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts
    The art of Kel 5MH:

Small paintings will be available right in the shop and larger commission work can be arranged through us as well. (ignore the little map thing on the left, it's from a gallery opening.)

Yeah, here's some more examples of Kel5MH work that we're rocking in the house right now.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    The art of Kel 5MH:

Small paintings will be available right in the shop and larger commission work can be arranged through us as well. (ignore the little map thing on the left, it's from a gallery opening.)

KOI Gallery no less. No more either. The little shits.

• loginlogin 52 Posts
    Congrads. Will you be buying promo indy rap 12"s? Cuase New York needs this.

Login, what kind of indy hip-hop are you referring to?

We're not really stocking a lot of underground indie hip-hop. It doesn't sell well, we have limited space, and a lot of the time it's not something we really care for. Now, if by indie you mean the kind of small label stuff coming out of Oakland, Houston, Atlanta, etc. then yes, we are going to stock as much of that as we can. But in NYC you already have two great options - Fat Beats and TurntableLab - for hip-hop 12"s, we're not trying to duplicate what's already here.

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts
    BUMPASAURUS...BUMP, BUMP, BUMP

• ERRRRYYYY

bludzor holler at me later with some inforYAYtion...

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

Sayin', blud, I've been lookin' for some Latin Hip-Hop and Disco Rock. I'm stoked you'll be carrying my two favorite genres.

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts

• Well damn, this is cool, good luck with the store Jonny,
    I hope to drop in sometime latter this year.

What will be your Bag Check policy, because I kind of feel like
    I will need to get my Bag Checked?

Well damn, this is cool, good luck with the store Jonny,
    I hope to drop in sometime latter this year.

What will be your Bag Check policy, because I kind of feel like

Dude you know I check your bag free of charge. Just call before you come. I don't want to create any messy sitiations.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

WITH JP at the helm, definite crazy retarded animal planet *no homo*.

• I would also recommend a Bubble-Goose / Oversized-Overstuffed Down Coat

policy...most of your thefts will probably come from larger men with amorphous

body shapes and gigantic coats.

Seperately, you should also institute a Raincoat Policy. I hope, as a

special friend-type customer, I will be allow to enter and shop while wearing

a Raincoat, but I will be understanding if you look down and notice shoes

and socks, but no pants, under the Raincoat, if you have taken the time to

also post a Pants Policy. As the proprieter, you also reserve the right

to outlaw any repetitive movements noticed within the confines of the coat,

especially when evident as a rhythmically appearing-then-disappearing

protrusion.

Let us Review:

BAG CHECK

PANTS

BUBBLE GOOSE

RAINCOAT

RAINCOAT MOVEMENT

AMORPHOUS BODY SHAPES

Hi Terry Clizzo!

Thanks for writing our helpline! We have received your email. The answers to your queries can be found below.

Thanks again for writing! Remember, whenever you think of gargantuan recompense, think of us.

Yours,
    The Staff Infection.

I would also recommend a Bubble-Goose / Oversized-Overstuffed Down Coat
    policy...most of your thefts will probably come from larger men with amorphous
    body shapes and gigantic coats.

Seperately, you should also institute a Raincoat Policy. I hope, as a
    special friend-type customer, I will be allow to enter and shop while wearing
    a Raincoat, but I will be understanding if you look down and notice shoes
    and socks, but no pants, under the Raincoat, if you have taken the time to
    also post a Pants Policy. As the proprieter, you also reserve the right
    to outlaw any repetitive movements noticed within the confines of the coat,
    especially when evident as a rhythmically appearing-then-disappearing
    protrusion.

Let us Review:

BAG CHECK I will check customers' bags at their request.[/b]

PANTS Are required for easy entry. Half-mast is acceptable. Women without pants or pantsuits are allowed.[/b]

BUBBLE GOOSE We will not allow bubble gooses, mainly because they smell like stale vomit in the rain.[/b]

RAINCOAT Allowed. Hell, encouraged! [/b]

RAINCOAT MOVEMENT Any untoward movement under the raincoat will reserve in a severe beating aound the face, neck, and assey nipples. [/b]

AMORPHOUS BODY SHAPES Not acceptible. We are a company for and by the physically beautiful. [/b]

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    word ap. Im gonna be rolling thru NYC inna few weeks. I will try and stop by and spend some hardearned cash with you fellers

• so JP, how long has this shop been in the making? Have you just been buying and stacking up for awhile specifically for this or what? I am always interested in small business practices(probably because I am praying one day I could start my own).

so JP, how long has this shop been in the making? Have you just been buying and stacking up for awhile specifically for this or what? I am always interested in small business practices(probably because I am praying one day I could start my own).

Hey man,

I've been working on store seriously for about a year and a half. That's when I started investing a lot more time and money into buying stock too, although I've been buying sale/trade shit for years. I just used to get rid of it, I stopped doing that.

I spent a lot of my time at my day job writing the business plan and creating financial models. I took lunch breaks at the bank to set up accounts and loans. I had started looking for spaces back in March, before I even parted ways with my former employer. I used a lot of the disposible income from that job to fund the initial outlays of cash. Some people here have known about this for a year or more, I definitely have to thank those folks for keeping it on the low!

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    This is AWESOME! Congrats JP!

(Just remember you need to okay every and all Texas/Cali/NO joint with Archaic beforehand)

I keed ARCHAIC!

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts

I'm Josh.

• Options
    I got a call last night from the homie, said your spot is going to come out looking dope. Piece of cake for the kids.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Redundant, but Congrats! I'll be rolling through on my semi-annual in-law visits! Woo Woo.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    BTW, that art would look good on my wall. Just curious, but could you PM me on the price of the Stevie piece?

Whattup! I'm posting live from the outdoor table at Brown, LESNYC (sohipsterrightnow)

The Stevie piece is on my wall at home. But there's plenty others that are just as dope if not moreso. Small pieces run in the $75-150 range, bigger ones like that will be more. I can ask the artist and PM you an estimate if you want.

And, at risk of creating a typically-ironic post referencing a blog referencing this post, Catchdubs just pulled my coat to this

GoodRecordsSoReal

HYPE

MONSTER shout out to Tom Noble & Lotusland crew