New York's Newest Spot (b/w What I've Been Doing)

Comments

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    open today??? me and midge and brett and chauncey finna make an appearance

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    ooops

• Options
    2. Don't try and boost in Good records. The one dude who came in all day looking shady immediately drew the attention of the Dongman, myself, and Paychickens. We have boosted many records in our time and we will catch you and show you the Good Records Tazer.

I was PRAYING that kid would run out with something, I would have whipped his ass just for the exercise.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Addendum 1C: Hipsters do not buy records. They tell their girlfriend or their slightly less cool friend Stavis to "like wait outside for a second while I check out the records" and then they literally make a lap around the store, pick up one record, put it back and jet.

Very true. At least you're lucky you've got glass and a door to stop the real twats from coming in and using LP covers to make "funny" references to 70s and 80s pop culture.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    We have boosted many records in our time and we will catch you and show you the Good Records Shocker [/b].

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

Our bins are not even stained yet,

AY YO!

Illegal use of a NH, Ayyyoing team.

10 yards.

Sorry, I was actually working.

Nice fill-in, AI, but for the official official:

Penalty stands.

Nice fill-in, AI,

I'mma let that one slide.

btw:

I didn't go to the spot last night because I still had my shorts . I can't be up in the club with fucking shorts on, I was seriously considering it -like on some "fuck it, it's Berkley they'll probally have dudes with fucking sports sandals on".

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    2. Don't try and boost in Good records. The one dude who came in all day looking shady immediately drew the attention of the Dongman, myself, and Paychickens. We have boosted many records in our time and we will catch you and show you the Good Records Tazer.

What if someone didn't look shady and came up. Got to look out for the cool looking ones too. You know heads be walking in with records and walking out with more in hand.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Congratulations on your first day! Nothing but best wishes and much respect for taking the risk and being your own boss.

When I get back into the States, I'll come down to the store, act a fool, try to rip off a record, get tackled by Sween, told off by Jonny, sued by UMAD and then come back and read the SoulStrut version. I'll even fart and stink up the store to make sure I leave an impression. I will, however, wear a bra.

• i'm lost here. how does that not warrant an ayo? from my understanding of it, (stretch and bob were the originators,right?) the ayo responds to something that (unintentionally albiet) could be construed/interpreted as having a sexually explicit/homoerotic connotation.Along those lines, I would think in most cases, the use of "stain" as a verb, especially when considered in the context of record collectors up against bins in heat, would conjure up such an ayo-worthy image.

i call for a challenge/review.

i'm lost here. how does that not warrant an ayo? from my understanding of it, (stretch and bob[/b] were the originators,right?) the ayo responds to something that (unintentionally albiet) could be construed/interpreted as having a sexually explicit/homoerotic connotation.Along those lines, I would think in most cases, the use of "stain" as a verb, especially when considered in the context of record collectors up against bins in heat, would conjure up such an ayo-worthy image.

i call for a challenge/review.

1). word

2). AY YO

3).

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Some first day observations:

1. People buy all manner of records. There's no accounting for taste, or even any sort of consistency within the records bought by one person. For instance, a dude might cop Nancy Sinatra and Black Sabbath and seem equally juiced about both. This is fresh, buy what you feel, different strokes for different folks.

Addendum 1B: All manner of people buy records. Over the course of the day we encountered everyone from New York industry guys (big up Scrappy, long time no see), middle-aged dudes in short shorts, Japanse dudes with rap themed tshirts, gay dudes from the pacific northwest, and the always comical "weird old jazz dudes". I'm especially juiced about the weird old jazz dudes...particularly the guy with the splatterpainted glasses, he was boss.

Addendum 1C: Hipsters do not buy records. They tell their girlfriend or their slightly less cool friend Stavis to "like wait outside for a second while I check out the records" and then they literally make a lap around the store, pick up one record, put it back and jet.

3.There's some really good folks on here who came through and supported to the utmost. Special bigups to Sween and Otis Funkmeyer. You are very much appreciated.

4.I think I speak for myself, Paychunes, Dongman, and Sween when I extend a hearfelt "thanks" to the girl with no bra on and the short skirt, who came in, told us she "played all kinds of records" didn't look at ANYTHING, showed off her magnifcent self for a second and made an exit....you too are appreciated.

5. Also, the coked up girl who wanted to know if we had ever "REALLY seen Jurrasic Five, I mean REALLY", you're appreciated too.

6. Soulrez and Dante Ross were seperated at birth.
    I hope your comments regarding your customer's sexual preferences wasn't a negative one. I sent that dealer out there and he's a close friend and a super nice guy.

I hope your comments regarding your customer's sexual preferences wasn't a negative one. I sent that dealer out there and he's a close friend and a super nice guy.

Shut up!!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Congratulations on your first day! Nothing but best wishes and much respect for taking the risk and being your own boss.

When I get back into the States, I'll come down to the store, act a fool, try to rip off a record, get tackled by Sween, told off by Jonny, sued by UMAD and then come back and read the SoulStrut version. I'll even fart and stink up the store to make sure I leave an impression. I will, however, wear a bra.

BEST REPLY EVER!!!!!!

Shut up!!
    I'm not gonna even take the bait on this one little dude. I'm gonna get this thread back on a positive track. Respect to JP for opening up Good records. Everyone else, have a good 4th of July- J

• Options

1. People buy all manner of records. There's no accounting for taste, or even any sort of consistency within the records bought by one person. For instance, a dude might cop Nancy Sinatra and Black Sabbath and seem equally juiced about both. This is fresh, buy what you feel, different strokes for different folks.

Addendum 1B: All manner of people buy records. Over the course of the day we encountered everyone from New York industry guys (big up Scrappy, long time no see), middle-aged dudes in short shorts, Japanse dudes with rap themed tshirts, gay dudes from the pacific northwest, and the always comical "weird old jazz dudes". I'm especially juiced about the weird old jazz dudes...particularly the guy with the splatterpainted glasses, he was boss.

3.There's some really good folks on here who came through and supported to the utmost. Special bigups to Sween and Otis Funkmeyer. You are very much appreciated.

4.I think I speak for myself, Paychunes, Dongman, and Sween when I extend a hearfelt "thanks" to the girl with no bra on and the short skirt, who came in, told us she "played all kinds of records" didn't look at ANYTHING, showed off her magnifcent self for a second and made an exit....you too are appreciated.

5. Also, the coked up girl who wanted to know if we had ever "REALLY seen Jurrasic Five, I mean REALLY", you're appreciated too.

Yes MMole, you're right. UMAD made an incredibly negative comment about gays by pointing out that they are part of his diverse group of customers. Good Records is clearly an anti-gay establishment, the Boy Scouts of the record game. I'm planning on bringing a cross with me next time I shop there so we can burn it on 3rd Street.

C'mon dude, you serious with that?

Edit:: Just saw this....

I'm not gonna even take the bait on this one little dude. I'm gonna get this thread back on a positive track. Respect to JP for opening up Good records. Everyone else, have a good 4th of July- J

happy 4th!!

Yes MMole, you're right. UMAD made an incredibly negative comment about gays by pointing out that they are part of his diverse group of customers. Good Records is clearly an anti-gay establishment, the Boy Scouts of the record game. I'm planning on bringing a cross with me next time I shop there so we can burn it on 3rd Street.

C'mon dude, you serious with that?

That's what I was saying and he got all hurt. Didn't even sound negative the way it was put. Took it way out of context and decides to bitch about it.

• Options
    Check out his PM:

whats your fuckin problem dude? are you another fuckin pointless alter ego or just a newbie little dude?

Don't put PMs on blast, it's corny.

Check out his PM:

whats your fuckin problem dude? are you another fuckin pointless alter ego or just a newbie little dude?

Don't put PMs on blast, it's corny.

You are right. Sorry Morocco. Seriously.

whatever guys.

It probably wasn't intended as negative I know.

Jesus chill out already.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php">INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1120514746TREW">

why are you aggro today?[/b]
    i'm hungover from last night
    i'm drunk from this afternoon
    so what if i'm drunk, fuck you
    INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons">

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Well, don't know if that was the dealer you sent because he did not introduce himself; this was a young fellow, who bought an extra prolific record and exclaimed, "this is my favorite record, they used to play it in my coffee house in Portland!" I think he was with his boyfriend (ie, gay, not ghey... we love the gays... but I digress)

I love hearing shit like that, it makes the game interesting. Here I was thinking, "who the hell is going to buy Extra Prolific???" and it sells the first day.

Anyways, if that was you, Jive Time, thank you for stopping by and spreading love like Bozo Meko and Michael Orr listening to Take 6.

• Congratulations Mr Paycheck,

I'm sure the instore atmosphere will be friendlier that the TTlab, it'd be hard not to be.

If I ever have enough money to make the trip from London again, Good Records is on the list.

Jam???s

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts
    whatever guys.

It probably wasn't intended as negative I know.

Jesus chill out already.

Not to beat a dead horse, but go read my comments again and explain to me how I said anything even slightly perjorative about gay folks. Like the Sween said, I was merely commenting on how diverse Good's customer base was and how pleased I was by that. Fools on here need to turn the computer off a little more frequently and go outside for a breather.

• fuckin faggots

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Whoa, late late late late pass! Very nice, can't wait to see it next time I'm out in NY. Pace to you all.

THIS JUST IN, GOOD RECORDS WILL BE THE EXCLUSIVE EAST COAST DISTRIBUTOR FOR DJ EROCK'S "WHAT IS IT?" RADIO SHOW. EROCK IS THE ONLY DJ ON SIRIUS RADIO PLAYING BAY AREA MATERIAL AND ONCE OR TWICE A MONTH HE WILL PROVIDE GOOD WITH A CD LOADED WITH NOTHING BUT THE NEWEST AND GREATEST BAY AREA EXCLUSIVES, AND BELIEVE ME, THE DUDE HAS URRYTHANG, WAY BEFORE ANYONE ELSE....

E Rock from Da Riffs outta LA? Hmmmm....*scratching head*...

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    THIS JUST IN, GOOD RECORDS WILL BE THE EXCLUSIVE EAST COAST DISTRIBUTOR FOR DJ EROCK'S "WHAT IS IT?" RADIO SHOW. EROCK IS THE ONLY DJ ON SIRIUS RADIO PLAYING BAY AREA MATERIAL AND ONCE OR TWICE A MONTH HE WILL PROVIDE GOOD WITH A CD LOADED WITH NOTHING BUT THE NEWEST AND GREATEST BAY AREA EXCLUSIVES, AND BELIEVE ME, THE DUDE HAS URRYTHANG, WAY BEFORE ANYONE ELSE....

ERock from KMEL? Hmm...

• Options
    fuckin faggots

I used to listen to a hardcore band called Disciplinary Action, that was one of their songs.

ERock from KMEL? Hmm...

oh yeah, I don't really track of all them radio DJs out here. Rick Lee, Pirate, that's about it.