The Last OFFICIAL Sopranos Thread(Spoilers)

Comments

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    As much as I love The Sopranos, this whole thing were people (usually on the Net) sit around analyzing hidden meanings of the show is getting stale. I know there's a lot of symbolism in this program, but DAMN...

(Chris) was wearing a goddamn "Cleaver" hat. (As Sars pointed out to me, Chris is not a hat man.)

At least once before, I've seen Chris wear a hat - I forget the episode, but he and someone else came straight from a fishing trip to a "family" meeting. He's not his usual dapper self, and I think this may have been pre-heroin. He's got on one of those beat-up fisherman's hats with all sorts of tackle sticking out of it, and already Silvio is busting his balls, as they say, about it.
    If the hat was any indication of Chris possibly being a rat, there would have surely been a close-up of it, showing that Tony payed particular attention to it.

Anyway, i'm very curious to know what happens in the next episode.

BTW, did Tony actually say "fuckin' James Brown over here" after Chrissy's mom fell on her knees screaming in front of his casket??

They did show tony looking at the hat - in the hospital when he looked over at chrissy's pile of bloody gear, the hat was right there covered in blood. Maybe not what you were getting at, but who knows... They didn't show it then for nothing...

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    They didn't show it then for nothing...

Well....Cleaver is one of Tony's main reasons for killing Chris. Maybe not a reason but the existence of the film and his/his wife's reading of it didn't help things at all.

Here's a thought....what if Chrissy had already flipped and he ends up getting his revenge on T from beyond the grave ala Cleaver. Obviously probably not going to happen but fun speculation.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    They didn't show it then for nothing...

Well....Cleaver is one of Tony's main reasons for killing Chris. Maybe not a reason but the existence of the film and his/his wife's reading of it didn't help things at all.

Here's a thought....what if Chrissy had already flipped and he ends up getting his revenge on T from beyond the grave ala Cleaver. Obviously probably not going to happen but fun speculation.

You mean with Cleaver providing clues to get Tony popped? That's a little far fetched GP, even for the Sopranos! Haha.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i thought the episode had a very unorthodox structure. after the murder by nose, there was very little external drama. there were no repercussions (yet?), no conflict in vegas... everything that happened took place inside of tony (his fake compassion, anger, relief, and realization). my friends who i watched with just sat shook the entire time from the murder in the first 5 minutes so maybe that was all the drama the writers wanted to put into the episode.
    one big problem i had was with the dream sequence in melfi's office. it was different from all other sopranos dreams in how realistic it was, tony had all his bruises on his face in the dream, it was shot like any ol' therapy session scene, and most of all, it wrapped up with a bow all of tony's motivations for killing chrissy.

the similarities between the end of sopranos and the end of entourage were eerie
    entourage sucks now. its a comedy show thats not funny with no compassionate characters (aside for piven).

and i can't believe none of you are talking about my next wife...

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    L word

get familiar?

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts
    one big problem i had was with the dream sequence in melfi's office. it was different from all other sopranos dreams in how realistic it was, tony had all his bruises on his face in the dream, it was shot like any ol' therapy session scene, and most of all, it wrapped up with a bow all of tony's motivations for killing chrissy.

That was strange.
    It didn't really dawn on me until later that the two sessions w/Melfi were nearly identical in parts with the key difference being Tony's (rather casual) admission that he actually murdered all those "friends and relatives" of his (Puss, Tony B, etc.).
    I was pondering that shit more than anything else.
    Tone waking up in his usual sweat and asking Carm, "was I talking in my sleep?"

mandrew. I feel you. That chick is bonkers.

What were the songs playing when Tony and her were doing their thang and smokin trees?

Still, the old school Russian is my favorite of all of Tony's "ladies".

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

What were the songs playing when Tony and her were doing their thang and smokin trees?

that was sonya's pretenders playlist, "the adultress" and "space invaders."
    i was partial to the lucinda williams song playing during the brief driving down vegas strip shot, and not very partial to the end credits song.
    check out http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/music/episode83.shtml - i get to write the scene descriptions but i always need to make them straightforward (read: bland)

did you notice the forshadowing of tony singing "comfortably numb" as he walked down the stairs in the 5th episode "walk like a man?"

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    finally saw this on on demand.

all I can say is.....

SARAH SHAHI IS A PERSIAN GODDESS.

BTW, here's my season prediction from the old Soprano's thread, posted on 03/30/07:

CRISSY DIES.

TONY LIVES.

MY WORD IS MY BOND.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I'm pretty sure by the last episode AJ signs up on Soul Strut.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    tonights epidose

no joke

shit is on now

Tony goes hard man. That shit was brutal. I'd love to see that Butchie douche catch it.

Christopher - was like a bad luck albatross to tony's own life.

damn that's about as eloquent as Tony's referring to someone in Season 2 (3?) as "an Albacore around his neck." hahaha.

Paulie had a good one tonight: "You want that I send the kid to Bajj[/b]ah Fresh?"

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    there were some funny ass lines and that curb stomping scene was brutal but beyond that the episode was kind of a terd. at least it sets up well for the last two episodes.

• FunkyFlatulentFunkyFlatulent 1,106 Posts
    what's up with the middle easterners? hmmmmm?

and what ever happened to the guy who's restaurant they always used to eat at? I can't remember.

there's too much. I have a feeling they're just gonna go nuts.. nothing will matter, and it will have some big last scene and that's all that will be important. the end.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    there's too much. I have a feeling they're just gonna go nuts.. nothing will matter, and it will have some big last scene and that's all that will be important. the end.
    artie? i think him and tony got into a fight over that money shit when doggie got his earring ripped out and tried to commit suicide or was it that credit card scam shit they were running out of the joint?

the last two episodes are going to be john blaze for sure. i think the shit with phill went a bit too fast. the whole "im not taking any shit" realization shit was kinda corny

• Tonight was a great episode.

• igboigbo 44 Posts
    When Paulie asked Tony "Hey T, you want me to send the kid to Ba-Jah Fresh?"

They should give Paulie is own sitcom!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    paulie was comedy last night.

i think tony is going down.

i think tony is going down.

I don't think so.

Mostly because I think they'll leave open movie possiblities.

But also, shit wouldn't be right. That dude is such a bad-ass. Who can take him out? They've been trying to kill him since Season 1.

Phil is hiding out in his turreted mini-castle, not even showing his face but talking trash.

Tony walks into YOUR business and makes you put your mouth on the curb.

I can't believe someone called that ep a terd. That's one of the best episodes of all time. Have we forgotten the Sopranos is all about family? And Tony's main family morseso than his other one.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Have we forgotten the Sopranos is all about family? And Tony's main family morseso than his other one.

the "family" counseling session with carm, tony and aj was spot on.

• igboigbo 44 Posts

I can't believe someone called that ep a terd. That's one of the best episodes of all time. Have we forgotten the Sopranos is all about family? And Tony's main family morseso than his other one.

Plus Meadow has been looking tasty!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    what's up with the middle easterners? hmmmmm?

Sopranos is pretty good this year.....Just too many things going on

Entourage on the other hand is this year

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

For real. I haven't watched this season at all but it still gets recorded on the DVR. I saw a few minutes somewhere and Eric was like "Vince wants 'Medellin'" -- I was like, Damn come up with some new shit! They are just recycling the same "plots" from last season.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    "Let's get the 500lb Elephant out the way"

"We're at the crossroads of a very large precipice"

"Let's get the 500lb Elephant out the way"

"We're at the crossroads of a very large precipice"

hahahaha somewhere on the interwebs someone must be keeping a running list of the malapropisms on the Sopranos. they've added so much subtle humor to the show over the years.

For real. I haven't watched this season at all but it still gets recorded on the DVR. I saw a few minutes somewhere and Eric was like "Vince wants 'Medellin'" -- I was like, Damn come up with some new shit! They are just recycling the same "plots" from last season.

yeah man Entourage minus Piven (and, to a lesser extent Dillon) = a bad single-season WB sitcom. seriously even with the cameos it just sucks.

typical episode: goofy cheeleading in the kitchen, call from Piven, the Medillin movie resurfaces, rest of the episode they try to get the Medillin movie thing going again, only to have the thing fall through in the end. Rinse. Repeat. ALL SEASON.

• KaushikKaushik 320 Posts
    Isn't the Sopranos finale going to be 2 hours long or something? After last night's episode I wonder how in the hell they're going to wrap this all up in 2 more shows.