The Last OFFICIAL Sopranos Thread(Spoilers)

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    yeAH THat kid was reeaally good! i never even thought of a v.t. connection till i just read this thread.

did anyone notice they used that FAMOUS SCREAM thats been used in hundreds of films when the guy gets whacked gettin in his car?

• egg theory souns posibble...was thinking the line about the tomatoes was some forshadowing.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    last two episodes were a whole lot better than that terd of a first episode. phill is running shit! that italians immigrating to ny rant was fucking priceless

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

did anyone notice they used that FAMOUS SCREAM thats been used in hundreds of films when the guy gets whacked gettin in his car?

I thought I might have heard the Wilhelm Scream or something in there.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

I thought I might have heard the Wilhelm Scream or something in there.

yup!

right as they zoom in on the dead guys face, the last scream is this scream. i noticed right away.

• BUMP!!!!!!!!!!

this week was WIERD. once again my little brain can't comprehend. What does it all mean? bad luck? wife probs? but then he says after the shooting he's one up? Shrink trouble? Then the ending when he's happy coming out the house? what did that mean?

say children, what does it all mean??????????

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    some idiot on the HBO boards spoiled the whole season with an episode by episode description of what happens

im an idiot for reading the shit

ehhhh

• well keep that shit out of here. my life sucks so bad that this is all i have.

i should have paid attention in high school when we learned about foreshadowing.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

Dude cracked me up when he called Vito's kid a "puerto rican ho-ah"...

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Last one had some good humor in it. The part where Buffalo wins the game and the dude in the club starts trippin', Tony says "Fuckin' guy, he probably just won $35 dollars." There were a few other funny 1 liners throughout the episode as well.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    This week's ep is mad disturbing (particularly the Asian guy in the mental institution).

I bet there were some awkward moments around a conference table somewhere.

I vacillated between cringing re: timing to shaking my head at the prescience of it all.

i thought he (ken leung) did a great job in that role

Seriously. Ken's a solid comedic actor in everything I've seen him in (besides, uh, X-Men 3/I>, including this new film where he plays a romantic lead opposite the cheerleader from I>Heroes. The actual film is rather insipid but Leung's pretty watchable.

He fucking killed it in an otherwise kind of piffly movie, I>Keeping The Faith[/i].

really? i haven't seen any of the x-mens but he looks pretty badass in a silly kinda way right here

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i thought this weeks episode was doo doo
    where did tony's gambling and newfound money problems come from?
    where did hesch's wife come from and how the fuck are you going to kill her off without explanation? and why should i care? if the jaunty handheld camera technique is supposed to mirror tony's instability, then i think it was a cheesy attempt. the show has too much integrity to try out a stunt like that.
    only thing the episode had going for it was AJ's girl Blanca---- soooo hot. want to touch the heiny.

again, IMO, they start to get better next week

• coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts
    i thought this weeks episode was doo doo

Literally. That shower scene was hilarious.

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    this weeks episode was doo doo

even when its bad its good, but come on isn;t it over in a few episodes? time to pick up the pace!

2 good lines:
    "finish that, there's no eating in the car"
    "with all that it entrails...."

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    this weeks episode was doo doo

even when its bad its good, but come on isn;t it over in a few episodes? time to pick up the pace!

2 good lines:
    "finish that, there's no eating in the car"
    "with all that it entrails...."

THE SOPRANOS DON'T NEED NO WALL-TO-WALL GUNSHOTS TO MAKE IT'S POINT[/b]

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

where did hesch's wife come from and how the fuck are you going to kill her off without explanation?

why did they kill her? because he was annoying tony? that part was unclear to me. it would be out of character for tony to do this, so did he even kill her???

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts

where did hesch's wife come from and how the fuck are you going to kill her off without explanation?

why did they kill her? because he was annoying tony? that part was unclear to me. it would be out of character for tony to do this, so did he even kill her???

She just died. It's meant to flesh out Hesh's character, not Tony's.

The seeming death of Hesh's and Tony's relationship is kinda sad as well. "I'm sorry for your loss. Here's your money."

They'd been setting the gambling thing up for 2 episodes prior. (The baseball bets before the meeting w/ Lil Carm, the loan in the Florida episode.) Tony's year of goodwill is obviously over and he is on to indulging himself in whatever fancy he so chooses and further shitting on his friends and loved ones.

I guess ol' Blanca thought she was getting in w/ a Tony Soprano Jr. and not a Pizzeria manager.

Right on. Tony finally put his son directly on the path to ending up just like him.

Anyone else think the final scene of the Soprano family together is kind of ominous?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    "I will not be ostrafied!"

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    well it looks like Chrissy'll get picked up on the murder charge and promptly flip.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    well it looks like Chrissy'll get picked up on the murder charge and promptly flip.

You would think so. I can't see the police looking anywhere else for that dude's murderer. But it would seem like that would be too obvious for the writer's of this show, who like to take it exactly where you don't think it will go.

This episode was:

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

doubt it. with 4 episodes left, it would be a huge disappointment if they spent any time dealing with police investigations or courtroom scenes. based on the previews, it looks like we are headed for a Phil v. Tony battle.

So y'all think Chrissy shooting a fringe character is bigger than the AJ developments? He's not sheltered anymore. That shit was huge.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    So y'all think Chrissy shooting a fringe character is bigger than the AJ developments? He's not sheltered anymore. That shit was huge.

Maybe Chris will be the downfall of Tony, then A.J. will take the healm. Still seems real wet around the ears and a little light in the intel department, but they are giving him a raw ruthless streak that might make up for the shortcomings.

mandrew...the music last night was awesome.

Can you confirm how long the last episode is going to be? I heard a wild rumor that it was going to be 2.5 hours long. I hope that's true.

• KaushikKaushik 320 Posts
    There was way too much going on in this one. How much can you cram into one episode?

- AJ is suicidal one minute, and the next he's helping out his new thug buddies
    - Tony is potentially cooperating with the feds on some bs terrorism information
    - The Christopher vs. Paulie battle escalates -- weren't things cool between them last season??
    - Tony basically checks out of therapy - whoa!

Interesting that they're focusing on a different member of the family in each episode, but it makes you wonder how all of these plot lines are going to resolved.

• goatboygoatboy 371 Posts
    I thought last night's ep was one of the better ones I've seen in a while.
    Tony's monologue in Melphie's office was amazing - talking about how his genes have infected his son and all.
    The parallels between Tony's existential crisis and AJ's similar feelings were very interesting.
    Last night really seemed to balance the violence with the family stuff and intense introspection (not only of Tony, but also Christopher and AJ) that made the first few seasons great.

And yes, the music was totally on last night.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Tony is potentially cooperating with the feds on some bs terrorism information

This first surfaced in the previous season (the convo between Chris and Tony... "I don't think he's a terrorist, he and his wife have a dog"). They already hinted that snitching on terrorism was no biggie, especially if it buys them points with the feds.

That scene was hilarious though. What did Tony give them? The names "Ahmed" and "Mohammed" and a dead cell phone number? I wonder if the reference to the "5K Letter" was foreshadowing though?

Also thought the scene where Tony rolls up bumping "Tom Sawyer" then he pulls the sawed-off jammie out the console was awesome.

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    ...emmaline by hot chocolate was a nice touch