The Last OFFICIAL Sopranos Thread(Spoilers)

Comments

• Episode 2 was great. Looks like it's about to be "Shootout at the O.K. Corral" for the final 7.

Spoilers:

RIP John Sacrimony. Dug the Pollack guest spot. "Cleaver" was awesome. I liked how they have him screaming "Vah Fungool!!" as he splits open Danny Baldwin's dome.

• Anyone else feel like Johnny Sac's demise was a little...rushed? I don't remember his being sick (I may have forgotten), but for him to come down serious illness AND DIE in one episode? I get the sense that they'll be cramming lots of stuff into these final episodes, though.

Favorite moments:

"It had the sacred AND the propane."

The scene with Sil in the restaurant. I had to watch that one twice.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Episode 2 was great. Looks like it's about to be "Shootout at the O.K. Corral" for the final 7.

good episode no doubt.

what was with the whole you-may-not-be-dying-actually-you-are-now-you're-dead? was the 2nd opinion doctor really necessary?

oh, and the end with Philly getting all riled up and ready to take over and start blasting? I'm like: isn't it a little late for that? yeah it sucks that two more fools are dead (Jerry and John), but neither one was because of Tony's crew. what, Phil's only NOW gonna take revenge for his brother? that shit is ancient history and Tony took care of his cousin that did it.

I would love to see some apeshit shootout, but at this point it would seem pointless. If Phil really wants to finally take over, he really only needs to kill Doc right?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    "leotardo... that's my legacy"

evidently chickentown dudes

• "leotardo... that's my legacy"

What/who was that "Chickentown" song they played at the end? Weird song but very effectively used.

• oh, and the end with Philly getting all riled up and ready to take over and start blasting? I'm like: isn't it a little late for that? yeah it sucks that two more fools are dead (Jerry and John), but neither one was because of Tony's crew. what, Phil's only NOW gonna take revenge for his brother? that shit is ancient history and Tony took care of his cousin that did it.

Phil to Johnny Sac: "You asked me to bury the hatchet and I did so out of respect to you. But am I still grieving for my brother Billy? That'll never go away."

Johnny's gone now. You do the math.

I enjoyed the Johnny Sac scenes. Obviously much time has passed since his character was last seen on the show. He was an integral figure in the series and Vincent Curatola deserved the time to "flex his chops" on the way out. Pollack was just icing on the cake.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I haven't seen the latest episode but one of my favorite subplots was Johnny's wife's eating problem. Shit was too real, and hilarious at the same time.

"leotardo... that's my legacy"

What/who was that "Chickentown" song they played at the end? Weird song but very effectively used.

http://idolator.com/tunes/the-sopranos/the-sopranos-goes-to-chickentown-252523.php

http://www.idolator.com/assets/resources/mp3/chickentown.mp3

oh, and the end with Philly getting all riled up and ready to take over and start blasting? I'm like: isn't it a little late for that? yeah it sucks that two more fools are dead (Jerry and John), but neither one was because of Tony's crew. what, Phil's only NOW gonna take revenge for his brother? that shit is ancient history and Tony took care of his cousin that did it.

Phil to Johnny Sac: "You asked me to bury the hatchet and I did so out of respect to you. But am I still grieving for my brother Billy? That'll never go away."

Johnny's gone now. You do the math.

yeah the power vaccuum is definitely an opportunity for Phil to get back at Tony's crew, but with his own house in disarray he can't really count on backup from his own guys...

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Was anyone feeling like the prisoner/doctor dude was undercover? He was asking a lot of questions...

Was anyone feeling like the prisoner/doctor dude was undercover? He was asking a lot of questions...

his whole character did seem a little strange. like, what was the point of his being in the episode at all? then again, whatever dirt he got seems sorta useless given that Johnny was already locked up and is now dead.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Thats what threw me off too, this theory made his death seem especially rushed, but maybe the info will be used against the rest of the NY fam? Or maybe, I'm talking out my ass? Kind of a coin toss.

Can't believe there going to wrap this all up in 7 episodes...

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

Can't believe there going to wrap this all up in 7 episodes...

Aren't they doing a movie when the series is over?

• BUMP! there was wayyyyy to much going on for a simple mind like myself to understand. What does it all mean?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    This week's ep is mad disturbing (particularly the Asian guy in the mental institution).

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    All I know is they better start turning the heat up 'cos I can't take another episode of plot teasing.

• djJazzOnedjJazzOne 302 Posts
    This week's ep is mad disturbing (particularly the Asian guy in the mental institution).

I bet there were some awkward moments around a conference table somewhere.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

I vacillated between cringing re: timing to shaking my head at the prescience of it all.

I vacillated between cringing re: timing to shaking my head at the prescience of it all.

i thought he (ken leung) did a great job in that role

Well, this ep might not have had much appeal for the "duh-how-come-nobody-got-shot" crowd, but I thought it played really good nonetheless. The overriding theme seemed to be senility - Junior's already at that point, and it was strongly hinted that Paulie is getting there.

Seriously thought Paulie and Tony were gonna kill each other before the other man had a chance to, on that boat...thanks to a few well-placed camera angles, Tony could have been contemplating throwing Paulie's dead body into the river; Paulie could have poisoned Tony's food. This scene was probably a cocktease for those who think this show is good for gunshots and pistolwhips, but it turned out fine to me.

• i thought it was good too. it seems that chase is sort of exploring how tony judges his crew's loyalty towards him, and how, in turn, he reciprocates: bobby in the first ep, christopher in the second, and now paulie... maybe sil's next? tony (the general on the horse) appears to be taking stock of his army before battle begins. since phil leotard now runs new york, and seems to have been born again hard, war's inevitable. maybe it starts with chrissy getting wacked?

i really couldn't get with last season -- except for the "mayham" episode where paulie was off the chain... but i'm diggin this one so far.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Is anyone here familar with the supposed Soprano's "Egg Theory"??

i really couldn't get with last season -- except for the "mayham" episode where paulie was off the chain... but i'm diggin this one so far.

Which one was that?

(Unlike a lot of Sopranos fans, I can't really identify with episode titles - I'm more of a plot-synopsis man.)

• it was the one where paulie and bobby rob some drug dealers and the cash is hidden in the dishwasher; paulie sez: "it was mayham!"

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

No, care to expand?

As humorless as this week's Sopranos is, there were a couple of classic moments:

- Junior referring to a black intern at the nuthouse as Cornmeal (instead of his actual name, Jamiel)

- Paulie referring to a wheelchair-bound friend of his as "a stand-up guy"

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

No, care to expand?

Guy at work was tellin' me today that he knew Paulie wasn't gonna get whacked because there were no eggs in the scene.

Then he rattles off that...

Adrianna made scrambled eggs the day she got it....

Vito was chopping eggs for dinner the night before he went back to jersey and got killed...

Big Pussy was eating egg salad just before he got it....

Tony stepped on eggshells just before offing his cousin(Buscemi)

Ralph was cleaning breakfast dishes with omelets the day he was killed...

and more.....

I punched it in to Google and sure as shit, it's all over the place.

I had never heard it and wondered if I was just totally

Those grey patches above Paulie's ears are looking phonier and phonier. Notice how on the boat, the rest of his hair was blowing recklessly in the wind while those grey patches stayed right where they were at?

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts

Guy at work was tellin' me today that he knew Paulie wasn't gonna get whacked because there were no eggs in the scene.

Then he rattles off that...

Adrianna made scrambled eggs the day she got it....

Vito was chopping eggs for dinner the night before he went back to jersey and got killed...

Big Pussy was eating egg salad just before he got it....

Tony stepped on eggshells just before offing his cousin(Buscemi)

Ralph was cleaning breakfast dishes with omelets the day he was killed...

and more.....

I punched it in to Google and sure as shit, it's all over the place.

Never heard of it before but I could easily believe it.
    The producers could simply be paying homage to The Godfather trilogy and it's similar use of oranges.
    No kidding.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

i thought he (ken leung) did a great job in that role

Seriously. Ken's a solid comedic actor in everything I've seen him in (besides, uh, X-Men 3/I>, including this new film where he plays a romantic lead opposite the cheerleader from I>Heroes. The actual film is rather insipid but Leung's pretty watchable.

He fucking killed it in an otherwise kind of piffly movie, I>Keeping The Faith[/i].