The Last OFFICIAL Sopranos Thread(Spoilers)

jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
All the peeps that are tuning in AND catching this shit.Discuss...

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Is Bobby gonna bring down the fam????????
    Was he already working w/ the feds?
    looks like it could be good.

• SureshotSureshot 134 Posts
    Really, really good episode... It's gonna get ugly before it's all said and done... Just a matter of who gets a chance to do what first...

• I was worried for Bobby. Tony Soprano kills muhfuckas when he gets in fights. Baccala's been eating shit for five seasons though, so it was good to see him get some come-uppance.

Brief but succint info on where Chrissy's at w/ Tone right now.

The shit w/ NY is gonna be bananas this year.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I loved how the Escalade trunk door hits Tony's belly when he's opening it!

Plus Phil's line was great: "You look fantastic." "What like science fiction?"

Meadow lookin good; Blanca lookin good.

Janice still a nightmare b/w perhaps the best actress on the show.

• i forget: what did christopher do to piss tony off?

i forget: what did christopher do to piss tony off?

drugs
    his girl talked to the feds
    etc

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    He's fucking Julianna Margolis who Tony tried to bang but then got a change of heart, but then tried to bang again after the fact and she wasn't having it.

This season is gonna be dope. That last shot with Bobby holding his daughter standing at the edge of the lake was amazing and heartbreaking as well because fucking Tony is a vindictive fuck and had to have him pop his cherry, just cause of the fistfight. Sucks, I think Bobby is gonna get offed this season.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    plus bobby made that comment about "all the dna evidence nowadays" and when he pops that dude he leaves behind half of his shirt, the bullett in the dryer, and i think he tosses the gun down in the hallway. what was up with the janet jackson/hulk hogan tear away shirt though? that shit looked funny.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Really, really good episode...

the fight scene was cool, but they didnt have to set it up in such an obvious way. i also can't stand Janice in any scene, let alone the entire episode. a.j. could have been a much more interesting character if they had him follow in his dad's footsteps and not just be the same fuck-up every year, just older. unrealistic to believe that he has no fear of his father. best part of the episode was when tony looked at a.j.'s girlfriend's kid and then told bobby it might be a good idea for him to get away for the weekend.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    plus bobby made that comment about "all the dna evidence nowadays" and when he pops that dude he leaves behind half of his shirt, the bullett in the dryer, and i think he tosses the gun down in the hallway. what was up with the janet jackson/hulk hogan tear away shirt though? that shit looked funny.

I thought about all that for a second, but then again who the hell is gonna tie Bobby to the murder? You need to at least have an idea of who did the shit before you can test his DNA. It took place in Canada, and it's some dude that he didn't even know.

On another note, I don't feel bad for Bobby having to make a kill. Dude is in the mafia, if he didn't kill someone by that point I would think he was

aj gets on my last nerve. just looking at him, i get annoyed.

aj gets on my last nerve. just looking at him, i get annoyed.

yeah I've always thought he was a totally useless character. The fact that Tony treats him with kid gloves provides some insight into Tony's character and especially his feelings towards his own father, but beyond that...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    His new girlfriend doesn't get on my nerves though.

she joins Margolis and Sciorra in the pantheon of sexy Soprano chicks.

Meadow's like 2nd tier.

and I could never get with Adrianna.

and I could never get with Adrianna.

Naw. shes got a face like a baseball mit.

• I don't know where you guys are getting this "AJ no fear of Tony" "kid gloves" stuff. Recall the next to last ep of the first part of season 6. Tony took AJ into the garage and laid down the law. Cracked his car windshield w/ a football helmet. Next thing you know AJ's working construction and appears to still be doing so. Also, Tony was pretty damn frank w/ the kid after his aborted 'attempt' on Uncle Jun.

Isn't AJ's new "Limp Bizkit" look a little outdated at this point? I guess if that fine girl of his don't mind....

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    His new girlfriend doesn't get on my nerves though.
    srs

episode was kinda meh. unless they somehow go in a completely different direction, it kinda makes the rest of the season obvious and i would think they would go for something bigger for the finale. i really hated that monopoly scene because it was sooooooooooooo predictable. after tony apologized for dissing janice, i was like "oh hes going to talk shit again and they're going to get into a fight." i dont really have much hope for the rest of the season but i'll still watch. james gandolfini even said he was kinda sick of the show which doesn't really make me think the rest of the season will be good

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

the fight scene was cool, but they didnt have to set it up in such an obvious way. i also can't stand Janice in any scene, let alone the entire episode. a.j. could have been a much more interesting character if they had him follow in his dad's footsteps and not just be the same fuck-up every year, just older. unrealistic to believe that he has no fear of his father. best part of the episode was when tony looked at a.j.'s girlfriend's kid and then told bobby it might be a good idea for him to get away for the weekend.

episode was kinda meh. unless they somehow go in a completely different direction, it kinda makes the rest of the season obvious and i would think they would go for something bigger for the finale. i really hated that monopoly scene because it was sooooooooooooo predictable. after tony apologized for dissing janice, i was like "oh hes going to talk shit again and they're going to get into a fight." i dont really have much hope for the rest of the season but i'll still watch. james gandolfini even said he was kinda sick of the show which doesn't really make me think the rest of the season will be good

Damn, if this whole episode was that predictable to y'all, you must be psychic, i think a lot of this was about reestablishing the characters and rhythm of the show. Whole episode had me pretty hyped, especially the monopoly scene. For me, it doesn't have to start with some surprise bombshell, its not 24. Just saying, calm down everyone, this is still one of, if not the, best written drama on tv.

And yes "Janice" is one of the best actresses on the show, not sure if she's got the crown, but how can you not appreciate that character...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    reestablishing the characters and rhythm of the show.
    to me that makes it predictable. we've gone through several seasons of tony being a prick, bobby mismanaging his temper, and janice being an annoying woman. unless they're expecting a lot of new viewers, not much needs to be reestablished. i'm just saying, by laying out the whole bobby thing pretty clearly in the first episode, it kinda dictates the direction the entire season is going to go since there are so few episodes. i dont need no suprise plot twist bullshit but honestly the whole bobby (and janice getting pissed at her brother) thing doesn't really have me thrilled. i actually would have been okay with the episode if they cut out maybe half of the birthday scene

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Damn, if this whole episode was that predictable to y'all, you must be psychic, i think a lot of this was about reestablishing the characters and rhythm of the show. Whole episode had me pretty hyped, especially the monopoly scene. For me, it doesn't have to start with some surprise bombshell, its not 24. Just saying, calm down everyone, this is still one of, if not the, best written drama on tv.

Agreeance. Before you start whacking folks, you got to have some STORY.

And yes "Janice" is one of the best actresses on the show, not sure if she's got the crown, but how can you not appreciate that character...

As with everyone else on the show, I wouldn't want to know her character in real life, but she's an excellent burst of comedy relief. The minute she gets within the camera's eyesight, you know she's about to say or do something stupid.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    would you guys really rather have something about bobby getting arrested for murder and janice blaming all that shit on tony instead of some epic new york battle?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I'm sayin', one episode in and folls are already over the whole season.

• the show is good even when it's bad.

so.. the real question. YES or NO. Does Tony get offed at the end? I'm leaning towards no, but i doubt the writers would hesitate killing him.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i hope he gets popped in the last episode with absolutely nothing else happening

• I hope Tony doesn't end up getting killed, for the simple fact that he's eluded death at every turn throughout the series. For everything that's small about the man, he is one bad-ass motherfucker. How many cats has he killed with his bare hands? Phil L is one tough guy too but Tony completely punked him that time over the money from the sale of that old racetrack. He didn't let the hitmen kill him....he fought back from a gut shot. The Feds? Okay. But you can't kill Anthony Soprano.

For those that thing they got the next 8 figured out, I bet Chase has some curveballs for ya. Enjoy the rest of this unfolding human drama, cos I know I'm sure as shit gonna miss it when it's gone in two months.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    would you guys rather the rest of the season setting up for tony getting killed or thrown in jail?

• would you guys rather the rest of the season setting up for tony getting killed or thrown in jail?

Honestly, I want him to win it all. Set up things to go real bad, and have Tony come out on top as the baddest low life scum mafia boss around. I don't want him to find himself or any of that. I want him to go ape shit and win.

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I was hoping this last season would finally see the FBI getting their claws in Tony with some ill wiretaps/witness/courtroom drama- have I been watching too much Wire?

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    unless they somehow go in a completely different direction, it kinda makes the rest of the season obvious and i would think they would go for something bigger for the finale. i really hated that monopoly scene because it was sooooooooooooo predictable

by laying out the whole bobby thing pretty clearly in the first episode, it kinda dictates the direction the entire season...to me that makes it predictable

would you guys really rather have something about bobby getting arrested for murder and janice blaming all that shit on tony instead of some epic new york battle?

would you guys rather the rest of the season setting up for tony getting killed or thrown in jail?

i dont really have much hope for the rest of the season

Just saying, its one episode, i don't really watch older episodes, so i havent seen any sopranos at all, in like a year. i was just happy to be finding out whats going on since last season. as said earlier, sopranos is more about characters then plot. i am kinda hoping something[/b] crazy happens...