2007 MOTHERF*CKING MLB THREAD BEYACHES!!

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Ok. So, on the topic of this comeback.

While it is nothing AT ALL to sneeze at, I feel like coming back from 3-1 is entirely different from 3-0.

If you are having to comeback from 3-1, you gotta win game 5-7. Based on how these series are scheduled, you've got your ace going in game 5, giving you good odds in that one.

Then, if you beat their ace (admittedly, a task) you are down 3-2. And, in the case of this team, you know you're getting to go home, meaning you basecally have to win 1 at home to simply force a game 7, making it an-anything-goes-all-hands-on-deck deciding game. In this case, it worked out, but it took some breaks, and a complete meltdown from the CLE bullpen.

3-0 was something different entirely. You've gotta win with your worst starter, and then roll that into the last few games, meaning you have to play error free baseball for 4 straight.

3-1 is a hell of a comeback. But, 3-0 is the definition of NEXTLEVEL, imo.

DO YOU EVEN PARTY?

• FUCK YES, Mr. 'THiS CAT SOUNDS DRUNK!'

I'm the only one awake right now, drinking alone, biatch.

I'm patrying with NESN and Paps. Bring it!

I'm eating a Store 24 pastrami sammich
    and watching Pap & Youk riverdance on the
    infield. WORLD SERIES THAT'S WHAT I'M TALMBOUT

• I'm eating a Store 24 pastrami sammich

FUCKINGFUCKYESBITCH!

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    WORLD SERIES THAT'S WHAT I'M TALMBOUT

FUCKINGFUCKYESBITCH!
    THAT'S what's up!

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Shit - I missed the river dance?

Ha - the NYT were hilarious with their story on the game:

"The Red Sox waited 86 years between winning World Series titles, so they know what it feels like to be a doomed franchise. They know how it feels to be the team that experiences devastating losses and agonizing endings. They know what it feels like to be the Indians."

"The Red Sox waited 86 years between winning World Series titles, so they know what it feels like to be a doomed franchise. They know how it feels to be the team that experiences devastating losses and agonizing endings. They know what it feels like to be the Indians."

Yeah - at the end of the last game they showed some Sox fans
    holding up "1948" signs ... I was embarassed for them - did they
    not learn any humility from years of taunting? Talking shit is one
    thing, but "1948" signs were a little too close to our own miseries
    to be funny or sporting in the least.

Oof. Truly NAGL.

• I don't know why anyone's surprised at the poor behavior of Boston fans. Never have had much class.

Congrats on a well-played series... definitely the better team.

I have to tune out for the World Series though... can't see myself rooting for either franchise.

• Ha - the NYT were hilarious with their story on the game:

Oof. Truly NAGL.

Don't deny it. It's your destiny.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

As you Bostonians may know, WGBH's new building has a three-story high digital mural that overlooks the Mass Pike. Today's images:

Mah head feels fuzzy today.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I don't know how other Sox Nation dudes feel but coming off the 0-3 comeback, I never doubted that the Sox would take the WS. At the risk of being mad corny, it just felt like destiny, especially after that comeback.

And without diminishing their achievement this past week, I guess that, post-2004, it doesn't feel as astonishing (though I didn't have the mathematics of it broken down like GBH). In fact, considering how dominant the Rockies have been, I'm wondering if this is going to be a short-lived celebration. Hopefully, Beckett will stay on his hot streak going into Game 1 at least.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

Something like this might help in the inevitable TV movie of the Rockies miracle season, that is, if they continue their luck against the Red Sox. It'd be pretty easy for the Red Sox to be the "villian." Doesn't seem like anyone is picking Colorado either. But the mountains don't rust.

Should be a quality series. I think the Rockies took two of three at home against the Sox in June.

I don't know why anyone's surprised at the poor behavior of Boston fans. Never have had much class.

UMAD

... I think all teams have their good fans and bad fans -
    I would say the majority of Sox fans at Fenway are knowledgeable
    and classy more often than not, if maybe a little more passionate
    than your average fan ... much like Yankees fans, no?

Please be aware that it was me, a Sox fan, pointing out my
    disappointment with the "1948" signs, and all my boys watching
    the game with me agreed that it was bush league.

Something like this might help in the inevitable TV movie of the Rockies miracle season, that is, if they continue their luck against the Red Sox. It'd be pretty easy for the Red Sox to be the "villian." Doesn't seem like anyone is picking Colorado either. But the mountains don't rust.

Should be a quality series. I think the Rockies took two of three at home against the Sox in June. [/quote

Yeah and Beckett got rocked by them. No pun.

I don't know if this has a real villain per se. The thing is - who the fuck outside Colorado really cares about the Rockies? It's like rooting for the Diamondbacks. Or the Marlins. These new franchises haven't really had enough time to build up much more than a local following. But maybe this will be what designates the Rockies as the "underdog" even though, as just noted, the Sox have had a hard time with them.

• As I've said many times, yanks fans and sox fans have more in common than they don't...

Some are assholes; some are knowledgeable. Some are fair weather; some are diehard.

No use getting hung up. The best times I've had at the Fens are with my boys, and a gang of Yankee fans around us. Good natured ball busting between a bunch of dudes who are drinking beer and spend too much time thinking about baseball.

Nothin' wrong with that.

It's more of a David-Golliath thing for me. They have just had such an incredible run this season winning, what 19 of 20, from last place earlier this year to a World Series birth?

I am not a fan of any new school teams, much less any team that hears purple. However, most of their squad is home grown talent. There was a really cool article about that topic in the Wall Street Journal last week -- the Rockies and Diamondbacks and Indians had the greatest percentage of game-winning hits from folks who came through their farm systems while the Red Sox and Yankees and Cubs had the lowest (much of their talent has been "bought").

So it's more of a feel good sports story coming out of Colorado. Boston's streak of losing has already been broken and they really broke the bank (J.D. Drew finally earning that paper) in an effort to squash the Yanks, so they are more of the "establishment," and you know: Damn the man!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Damn the man!

This being my first experience as "The Man," I have to say, it feels pretty good.

NOW GET BACK TO WORK BEFORE WE SEND YOU TO GITMO FOR WATER-BOARDING!

It'd be pretty easy for the Red Sox to be the "villian."

• LET'S GO ROCKIES!!!!!!

Aren't the Red Sox owned by ESPN/Disney?

Boston sports fans are TOO crunk right now. I'm calling dropping one of the first two at home this week and BC loses to VT on Thursday night.

The Patriots' dominance should be enough sustenance for you all.

Damn the man!

This being my first experience as "The Man," I have to say, it feels pretty good.

NOW GET BACK TO WORK BEFORE WE SEND YOU TO GITMO FOR WATER-BOARDING!

Boston-area folls are going to need someone to continually check their egos.

Sox = WS favorites

Patriots = Nuff said

Boston College = No. 2?

Celtics = Garnett and Co. (how did they happen?)

Bruins = Shit, even the Bruins have won five in a row

To top it off, Ben Afleck, of all people, has directed a quality movie

The Patriots' dominance should be enough sustenance for you all.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

paps is out of his mind! and to the wall street journal or whoever for trashing our farm system and use of it:
    youk=YOUK!
    dustin pedroia=rookie of the year
    paps=BEAST!
    jacoby ellsbury=the future
    c. buccholz=future ace
    manny delcarmen=future set up man

• The Patriots' dominance should be enough sustenance for you all.

Not buying it.

LET'S GO ROCKIES!!!!!!

Aren't the Red Sox owned by ESPN/Disney?

Ha, well expect to see the relative payrolls of both teams mentioned ad nauseum in the week to come.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    LET'S GO ROCKIES!!!!!!

• LET'S GO ROCKIES!!!!!!

WE GOT THIS!!!!

Ha, no really, Boston is the more dominant team overall, but nobody knows how to stop the Rockies right now, so this is going to be a great series.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    LET'S GO ROCKIES!!!!!!

Yeah, I'm hoping it goes down like Yanks-Marlins in '03.