2007 MOTHERF*CKING MLB THREAD BEYACHES!!

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Why is this thread called "the MLB thread"?

It should be re-titled "Yankees BoSox Pissing Match"

Because the AL East already has a claim on that title.

• Hey, neither will get the chance to lose to the Rockies, so who cares?

b/w

'07 Rockies: Best fielding percentage in baseball, EVER.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    It's not looking good, Sox fans

• It's not looking good, Sox fans

OOOOOOOOF

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• The big bankrolls are still ruining baseball for small market teams. Small markets teams operate almost exclusively off of team chemistry that has risen up from the farm. But, as was the case with the Twins this year, a team who needed more bats, when other teams bid up the prices, the Twins cannot compete in the bidding wars.

Think of it like the record game. When the Marcofunks of the world are out there buying every hot record to fill out their super collection, how can the TimmyDigALots of the world keep up?

Furthermore, when big bank teams are willing to shell out a lot of money for free agents, the dollar signs look really good to players who might want to stay with a particular team (Torii Hunter and the Twins), but also feel they deserve more money (which he does but the Twins can't pay).

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The big bankrolls are still ruining baseball for small market teams. Small markets teams operate almost exclusively off of team chemistry that has risen up from the farm. But, as was the case with the Twins this year, a team who needed more bats, when other teams bid up the prices, the Twins cannot compete in the bidding wars.

Think of it like the record game. When the Marcofunks of the world are out there buying every hot record to fill out their super collection, how can the TimmyDigALots of the world keep up?

Furthermore, when big bank teams are willing to shell out a lot of money for free agents, the dollar signs look really good to players who might want to stay with a particular team (Torii Hunter and the Twins), but also feel they deserve more money (which he does but the Twins can't pay).

The Rockies and D-Backs are both pretty small market teams.

The record analogy is a good one....the Marcofunk/Steinbrenners of the world try to buy success with money while the Small Market Team/Timmydigalots seek success through hustle and hard work.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    The big bankrolls are still ruining baseball for small market teams. Small markets teams operate almost exclusively off of team chemistry that has risen up from the farm. But, as was the case with the Twins this year, a team who needed more bats, when other teams bid up the prices, the Twins cannot compete in the bidding wars.

The Rockies and D-Backs are both pretty small market teams.

The record analogy is a good one....the Marcofunk/Steinbrenners of the world try to buy success with money while the Small Market Team/Timmydigalots seek success through hustle and hard work.

the rockies are GOD'S team apparently... a club and clubhouse full of born agains...

the sox need production from the bottom part of their lineup or they are dead...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    It's not looking good, Sox fans

I like our chances tonight, but it's still a hell of a hole to climb out of. If we can pull it out tomorrow night, though, and head back to Boston...it ain't over just yet.

Who knew we'd have such trouble hitting Westbrook and Byrd? I almost feel more confident in our ability to hit Sabbathia tonight than those two at this point.

• I love how Manny's pose for a walkoff home run is the same one he uses for a solo home run when his team is still down by 4 runs. This is why Yankees fans hate how Red Sox fans characterize their team as gritty team guys who came up with the organization and the Yankees as selfish mercenaries. Simply isn't true. Also, why the hell is Jacoby Ellsbury not in the lineup?

• The big bankrolls are still ruining baseball for small market teams. Small markets teams operate almost exclusively off of team chemistry that has risen up from the farm. But, as was the case with the Twins this year, a team who needed more bats, when other teams bid up the prices, the Twins cannot compete in the bidding wars.

Your analogy doesn't really work. I'd rather have a solid collection that is built only of thrift finds (and there are a lot of these) rather than Marco's collection of overpriced, overhyped private press modern soul terds. Just like I'd rather be the Rockies right now than the Dodgers. Teams do keep up. Collectors still find great shit while Marcofunk pays out the ass for things that are just not that good. In theory, baseball should be as unfair as you say it is but the talent changes every year. Teams like the Indians and Rockies who weren't even that good last year (the Rockies were in last place) can make it to the World Series. If you have a good farm system, you can keep great, cheap players for six years, which is as long as you can expect any player to stay on a team in the age of free agency.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Srsly -- J.D. Drew is the epitome of private-press terds: overpriced, prized by only a select few, and, ultimately, unrewarding. I don't even know what to say about Dice-K

Indian fans: Grady Sizemore is an awesome player but could you really sport a jersey with "Sizemore" on the back?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Is there anything more entertaining than Kevin Youkilis' mega-jiggy at bat stance?

I didn't think so...

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Is there anything more entertaining than Kevin Youkilis' mega-jiggy at bat stance?

I didn't think so...

I thought his bobble in foul territory was pretty comical as well. He's entertaining on both sides of the game.

• Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The two handed slap, classic! Oh didn't A-rod get bashed every 5 minutes for this exact same thing.. guess boston gets the golden pass for such events.

I love how Manny's pose for a walkoff home run is the same one he uses for a solo home run when his team is still down by 4 runs. This is why Yankees fans hate how Red Sox fans characterize their team as gritty team guys who came up with the organization and the Yankees as selfish mercenaries. Simply isn't true. Also, why the hell is Jacoby Ellsbury not in the lineup?

Please not to think Sox fans are thrilled with Manny's antics.
    His numbers are great and he has come through in tough times,
    especially lately, but his grandstanding and brainfreezes do
    not go unnoticed or unremarked upon by the Sox faithful.

guess boston gets the golden pass for such events.

From who?

The voices in your head?

• guess boston gets the golden pass for such events.

From who?

The voices in your head?

ya bozo the voices in my head, how about the entire baseball world bitching over a-rod's alike move and yet no mention of bummy boston pulling that shit.

cheaters never prosper.

• I actually took Manny to task about his preening in some thread.

Manny is why Ellsbury isn't playing. That kid's okay in my book, led my fantasy squad to the Championship.

Manny Crisp is why Ellsbury isn't playing.

And believe me, sports radio around here today is filled with
    people wanting to know why Ellsbury isn't getting a chance, with
    Crisp hitting like .200 and coming up with baserunners and doing
    nothing all series long.

• I thought Ellsbury got his shot subbing for Manny at the end of the year?

But yeah, obviously you're not gonna bench ManRam, so I see yr point.

I thought Ellsbury got his shot subbing for Manny at the end of the year?

Please stop saying "ManRam!!"

It sounds like what they call each other at "Powerhouse Entertainment"

• No way manny, preening and all, is coming out swinging like he is right now.

But, Ellsbury for Crisp is sort of a must, and was yesterday...

• I thought Ellsbury got his shot subbing for Manny at the end of the year?

Please stop saying "ManRam!!"

It sounds like what they call each other at "Powerhouse Entertainment"

Sorry dude. It's stuck in my head. I told you I listened to Rome.

I will most assuredly never not call him ManRam now though, that is if I have occassion to post about him again, which is debatable. Especially the way y'all playin right now.....yeah that just happened.

• Obscure_Addict, please do us a favor by not cluttering baseball threads with your retarded comments. One would think that, since you've never been right on anything, that you'd moderate yourself. Why haven't you? (That's a rhetorical question.)

• Sad day for Yankee fans today. I cry.

• BTW, no matter what happens...

Josh Beckett is the best Frickin' pitcher in the American League. STUD x 1,000,000.

THAT IS AN ACE, Jankees.

b/w

I thought it was a time for a change for NYY ( 12 years, and probably time for a change) but, they did Torre WRONG on the way out the door.

Fuck the Yanks, and that's for how they did one of their own.

No matter how much I may hate the Yanks,
    I was more than impressed with the way they
    came back from their horrid start this season.
    Amazing that after what may have been his most
    impressive year of managing, Torre gets the shaft
    from Steinbrenner & Sons. I've never had anything
    but respect for Torre, and he certainly deserved
    a better ending to his run with the Yanks than this.

PS

WE'RE COMING HOME, BABY!! THE ROAD TO THE WORLD SERIES GOES
    THROUGH BOSTON, AND THE TRIBE MIGHT NOT MAKE IT AFTER ALL!

• Sad day for Yankee fans today. I cry.

Jazzer,

In 2005, when it came down to the final series of the season to determine the AL East Champ, I had tix to game 1 of that series.

Ok...forgetting that both teams made the playoffs, and both left in the first round, it was as serious a regular season series as I'd ever seen.

So, I'm sitting there in the centerfield bleachers, and I hear the Yankees fan in front of me say...

"Sox-Yankees for the AL East? At Fenway? Does it get any better than this?"

The answer? NO.

Sox-Yanks fans have more in common than they don't, and that is what makes things interesteing....

I will miss Joe Torre. And, frankly, the Sox-Yanks rivalry is good for baseball...let's hope it lasts.

• Josh Beckett is the best Frickin' pitcher in the American League. MLB?