NBA 2007/Second Half/Do The Math

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Fire Rick Carlyle

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Clippers lose to Sacramento! Warriors whip Timberwolves!?!?!!! YES!

• how about them Bulls??

given the current standings, its pretty rediculous how the bulls will not have to face the pistons, cavs, or the heat until the conference finals.

that said, i dont think they will make it there.

The Bulls, much like the Bears, just get absolutely NO CREDIT. I think the only teams in the East that would be a challenge for them is the Pistons and Heat. The Bulls gave Miami the hardest battle in last year's playoffs. And the Bulls have proven that they can beat the pistons and cavaliers.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

the warriors are just rolling!!!

c'mon sonics!!!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I cannot fuckin believe that Duncan got tossed i nthis Mavs-Spurs game. The guy was just laughing on the sidelines and got his 2nd T. In-fuckin-credible!

Bizarre.

Dirk Riders: better hope Crawford is officiating when they meet in the playoffs.

• April 15, 2007, 7:29PM
    Duncan ejected before Mavs show Spurs the door

DALLAS — Losing a tense, physical, emotional game to their top rival and being forced to settle for the third seed in the Western Conference was bad enough for Tim Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs.

Even worse: Duncan is convinced official Joey Crawford is out to get him, with a brawl possibly needed to settle things.

Crawford hit Duncan with two technical fouls just 1:16 apart late in the third quarter of San Antonio's 91-86 loss to the Dallas Mavericks on Sunday. The second came while he was laughing on the bench and meant an automatic ejection, just the second of his nine-year career.

"He looked at me and said, 'Do you want to fight? Do you want to fight?'" Duncan said. "If he wants to fight, we can fight. I don't have any problem with him, but we can do it if he wants to. I have no reason why in the middle of a game he would yell at me, 'Do you want to fight?'"

The Spurs sorely missed their top player down the stretch, failing to score a basket over the last 6:32 while allowing a 9-0 run to end the game. The loss ended their hopes of catching Phoenix for the No. 2 seed and home-court advantage if they meet in the second round.

While this was a thrilling game between Western Conference powers, the story of the day turned out to be Duncan vs. Crawford.

"He came into the game with a personal vendetta against me," said Duncan, who had 16 points, seven rebounds, six assists and two blocks in his limited action. "It had to be because I didn't do anything the entire game. I said three words to him and the three words were, 'I got fouled' on a shot. ... That's all I said to him the entire game."

Crawford disagreed, saying that "he was complaining the whole game."

"And then he went over to the bench and he was over there doing the same stuff behind our back," Crawford said. "I hit him with one (technical) and he kept going over there, and I look over there and he's still complaining. So I threw him out."

Crawford spoke to a pool reporter before Duncan spoke to the media. Asked about Duncan not thinking he deserved to be tossed, Crawford said: "That's his opinion. He said nothing when he was walking off the court and he called me a piece of (expletive). Is that nothing?"

Cooling off the Spurs
    San Antonio had won six straight and was on a 12-1 roll. The only loss came against Indiana — another game that Crawford worked and another game that he rang up a T on Duncan.

"I kind of imagine it stemmed from that," Duncan said. "I don't have a problem with Joey. Obviously he's got a problem with me."

Teammate Bruce Bowen, who also got a technical from Crawford in the third quarter, couldn't believe his superstar teammate was tossed, especially for something so mild.

"Do I think it was deserved? No," Bowen said. "For a former MVP of the league, a guy that doesn't curse out the officials like I hear some of the other guys cursing out the officials, I think it was unfortunate that he was dealt this blow."

Said Spurs coach Gregg Popovich: "My beliefs will be shared privately, not with (reporters)."

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    KOBE BRYANT = GOD.

50[/b] points on 18 of 25 shooting.

GET USED TO IT.

Lakers are in the playoffs.

"In Kobe we trust".

BIYOTCH, BIYOOOTCH.

How about that dunk?

Please win against Sactown!!! PLAESE.

KB nuthugger, OUT!

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    Bulls ARE taking the Eastern conference! Let the repercussions ring.

I will be rooting for the first time for the Mavs on Tuesday. So that LA can lock the 7th spot.

KOBE BRYANT = GOD.

GET USED TO IT.

"In Kobe we trust".

BIYOTCH, BIYOOOTCH.

How about that dunk?

KB nuthugger, OUT!

Back on the bandwagon, I see.

KOBE BRYANT = GOD.

GET USED TO IT.

"In Kobe we trust".

BIYOTCH, BIYOOOTCH.

How about that dunk?

KB nuthugger, OUT!

Back on the bandwagon, I see.

Bandwagon? What are you talking about? I will enjoy 50point outbursts forever. And I can also diss the Lakers however much I want. It's like that.

how about them Bulls??

given the current standings, its pretty rediculous how the bulls will not have to face the pistons, cavs, or the heat until the conference finals.

that said, i dont think they will make it there.

The Bulls, much like the Bears, just get absolutely NO CREDIT. I think the only teams in the East that would be a challenge for them is the Pistons and Heat. The Bulls gave Miami the hardest battle in last year's playoffs. And the Bulls have proven that they can beat the pistons and cavaliers.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

oh snap. the warriors could clinch the 8th playoff spot on tuesday with a win and clippers loss.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Do you hear that sound?
    It is the one GenePontecorvo trembling in fear.

"I ate your food and now I'm gassy."

• Ish don't think so. 4-1 Mavs.

Warriors are in though. No way the Clips win out. Good luck w/ all that.

• What do you suppose Cuban paid to rent the refs for the game?

I dunno, what is the value of a game that means nothing but pride? Oh, but wait, it did mean something to the Spurs. Gee, that's too bad.

Duncan has been the whiniest bitch in the league for years and that shit catches up w/ you. I laugh.

• I cannot fuckin believe that Duncan got tossed i nthis Mavs-Spurs game. The guy was just laughing on the sidelines and got his 2nd T. In-fuckin-credible!

Bizarre.

Dirk Riders: better hope Crawford is officiating when they meet in the playoffs.

We don't have to hope for anything. We just have to play. Other teams hope.

Suns fans, faux_rillz just picked against your team.

I cannot fuckin believe that Duncan got tossed i nthis Mavs-Spurs game. The guy was just laughing on the sidelines and got his 2nd T. In-fuckin-credible!

Bizarre.

We don't have to hope for anything. We just have to play. Other teams hope.

Suns fans, faux_rillz just picked against your team.

Not intentionally--I am not a Bracket Scientist.

0 Number of NBA All-Star Game MVPs won.

.547 Milwaukee Bucks all-time field goal percentage leader.

.559 Career Field Goal Percentage.

0.56 Three-Point Percentage.

0.74 Steals Per Game Average.

1 The first player in Lakers??? franchise history to be named league MVP.

2 Number of scoring titles won in his career (31.7 -- 1970-71; 34.8 -- 1971-72).

2 Two Finals MVP awards (1971 -- Milwaukee Bucks, 1985 ??? Los Angeles Lakers).

2.57 Career blocks per game average.

3 Three straight seasons of 30-plus points-per-game and 16-plus rebounds-per-game from 1971-1973.

3.6 Career assists per game average.

4 Number of seasons Kareem led the NBA in blocked shots (1975 ??? 2.65; 1976 ??? 4.12; 1979 ??? 3.95; 1980 ??? 3.41).

5 April 5, 1974, Kareem became the NBA???s all-time leading scorer, surpassing Wilt Chamberlain, in Los Angeles??? 129-115 win over Utah at Las Vegas??? Thomas and Mack Center.

6 NBA Championships (Milwaukee ??? 1971; Los Angeles Lakers ??? 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988).

6 Number of NBA regular season and playoff records.

6 Six NBA MVP awards, the most for one player in NBA history. Bill Russell and Michael Jordan are next with five each.

6 Seasons spent with the Milwaukee Bucks.

6 Single-game record for most blocked shots in an NBA All-Star Game (1980, OT).

6 The total number of players involved when the Milwaukee Bucks traded Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Walt Wesley to the Los Angeles Lakers on June 16, 1975 in exchange for Elmore Smith, Brian Winters, David Meyers, Junior Bridgeman and future considerations.

6 Number of books written: Giants Steps: the autobiography of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (1983); Black Profiles in Courage: A Legacy of African-American Achievement (1996); A Season on the Reservation: My Soujourn With the White Mountain Apaches (2000) Brothers in Arms: The Epic Story of the 761st Tank Battalion, WWII's Forgotten Heroes (2005); On the Shoulders of Giants: My Journey Through the Harlem Renaissance (2007).

6 One of only six players to have won the regular season MVP and Finals MVP in the same season along with Moses Malone, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan and Hakeem Olajuwon. Since his retirement following the 1988-89 season, Tim Duncan and Shaquille O'Neal also accomplished this feat.

8 Number of NBA All-Star records

10 Recorded 10 games of 50-plus points during his career, all coming while with Milwaukee.

11 Abdul-Jabbar was selected to the NBA All-Defensive Team 11 times (five First Team selections, six Second Team selections).

11.2 Career rebounding per game average.

12 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar averaged a double-double over the first 12 seasons of his career.

14 Numbers of seasons spent with the Los Angeles Lakers.

18 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was 1-for-18 in his career from three-point range, knocking down his only shot from long distance during the 1986-87 season.

18 Record for most playoff seasons played.

18 Record for most NBA All-Star Games played.

19 Selected to play in the NBA All-Star Game a record 19 times.

20 Number of seasons played in the NBA, No. 2 all-time.

24 Kareem???s age when he won his first NBA Finals MVP (1971, Milwaukee Bucks).

24.6 Career scoring average.

24.3 Career playoff scoring average.

29 In Kareem???s first season, the Bucks went 56-26, a 29-game improvement from the previous season (27-55).

29 Holds single-game record for most defensive rebounds (December 14, 1975 vs. Detroit).

29 Number of times featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

30 Scoring average for the 1974-75 season, finishing third in the league in scoring behind Rick Barry (30.6 ppg) and Bob McAdoo (34.5 ppg).

30.4 Milwaukee Bucks all-time scoring average leader.

31 Holds the Milwaukee Bucks single-game playoff record for rebounds.

33 Jersey No. 33 retired by both the Bucks and Lakers.

35 Selected to the NBA's 35th Anniversary All-Time Team in 1980.

38 Kareem???s age when he won his second NBA Finals MVP, 14 years after his first one.

39 Kareem scored 39 points to help the Milwaukee Bucks beat the Los Angeles Lakers on January 9, 1972, ending the Lakers record 33-game winning streak.

42 When Kareem retired at age 42, no NBA player had ever scored more points, blocked more shots, won more Most Valuable Player Awards, played in more All-Star Games or logged more seasons.

46 Holds the Milwaukee Bucks single-game playoff record for most points.

50 Selected as one of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History (1996).

57 Record for most career personal fouls during NBA All-Star competition.

60 Kareem???s age (April 16, 1947).

70 1970 won NBA Rookie of the Year.

72.1 Free Throw Percentage.

105 Record for most field goals made in NBA All-Star competition.

213 Record for most field goals attempted in NBA All-Star competition.

237 Record for most playoff games played.

251 Record for most career points in NBA All-Star competition.

449 Record for most minutes played during NBA All-Star competition.

476 Record for most blocked shots in playoffs.

787 Streak of 787 consecutive games of scoring in double figures was snapped on December 4, 1987 versus, ironically, Milwaukee. The streak is second only to Michael Jordan, who compiled 866 consecutive games of 10-plus points during his career.

797 Record for most personal fouls in playoffs.

1,111 Single season record for most defensive rebounds (1976).

1,160 Career steals.

1,560 Games played, No. 2 all time.

2,356 Record for most playoff field goals made.

2,694 Los Angeles Lakers all-time blocked shots leader.

3,189 Career blocks, No. 2 all time (Note: Blocks weren???t officially recorded until the 1973-74 season).

4,657 NBA???s all-time leader in personal fouls.

5,660 Career assists.

5,902 Milwaukee Bucks all-time leader in field goals made.

6,712 Career free throws made, 8th all time.

7,161 Milwaukee Bucks all-time rebounding leader (7,161).

8,851 NBA???s all-time leader for most minutes played in the playoffs.

9,304 Career free throws attempted, 5th all-time.

10,787 Milwaukee Bucks all-time leader in field goals attempted.

14,211 Milwaukee Bucks all-time leader in points scored (14,211).

15,837 NBA???s all-time leader for most field goals made.

17,440 Career rebounds, No. 3 all-time.

28,307 NBA???s all-time leader for most field goals attempted.

38,387 NBA???s all-time leader in points scored.

57,446 NBA???s all-time leader for most minutes played.

HAPPY B-DAY!!!!!!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Do you hear that sound?
    It is the one GenePontecorvo trembling in fear.

"I ate your food and now I'm gassy."

ha ha

Rick Adelman, P. J. Carlesimo, Garry St. Jean, Dave Cowens, Brian Winters, Eric Musselman, Mike Montgomery

Dirk & Nash have a LOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

2 Number of scoring titles won in his career (31.7 -- 1970-71; 34.8 -- 1971-72).

3 Three straight seasons of 30-plus points-per-game and 16-plus rebounds-per-game from 1971-1973.

4 Number of seasons Kareem led the NBA in blocked shots (1975 ??? 2.65; 1976 ??? 4.12; 1979 ??? 3.95; 1980 ??? 3.41).

5 April 5, 1974, Kareem became the NBA???s all-time leading scorer, surpassing Wilt Chamberlain, in Los Angeles??? 129-115 win over Utah at Las Vegas??? Thomas and Mack Center.

6 NBA Championships (Milwaukee ??? 1971; Los Angeles Lakers ??? 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988).

6 Six NBA MVP awards, the most for one player in NBA history. Bill Russell and Michael Jordan are next with five each.

6 The total number of players involved when the Milwaukee Bucks traded Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Walt Wesley to the Los Angeles Lakers on June 16, 1975 in exchange for Elmore Smith, Brian Winters, David Meyers, Junior Bridgeman and future considerations.

6 Number of books written: Giants Steps: the autobiography of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (1983); Black Profiles in Courage: A Legacy of African-American Achievement (1996); A Season on the Reservation: My Soujourn With the White Mountain Apaches (2000) Brothers in Arms: The Epic Story of the 761st Tank Battalion, WWII's Forgotten Heroes (2005); On the Shoulders of Giants: My Journey Through the Harlem Renaissance (2007).

6 One of only six players to have won the regular season MVP and Finals MVP in the same season along with Moses Malone, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan and Hakeem Olajuwon. Since his retirement following the 1988-89 season, Tim Duncan and Shaquille O'Neal also accomplished this feat.

10 Recorded 10 games of 50-plus points during his career, all coming while with Milwaukee.

11 Abdul-Jabbar was selected to the NBA All-Defensive Team 11 times (five First Team selections, six Second Team selections).

12 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar averaged a double-double over the first 12 seasons of his career.

18 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was 1-for-18 in his career from three-point range, knocking down his only shot from long distance during the 1986-87 season.

29 In Kareem???s first season, the Bucks went 56-26, a 29-game improvement from the previous season (27-55).

29 Holds single-game record for most defensive rebounds (December 14, 1975 vs. Detroit).

30 Scoring average for the 1974-75 season, finishing third in the league in scoring behind Rick Barry (30.6 ppg) and Bob McAdoo (34.5 ppg).

38 Kareem???s age when he won his second NBA Finals MVP, 14 years after his first one.

39 Kareem scored 39 points to help the Milwaukee Bucks beat the Los Angeles Lakers on January 9, 1972, ending the Lakers record 33-game winning streak.

42 When Kareem retired at age 42, no NBA player had ever scored more points, blocked more shots, won more Most Valuable Player Awards, played in more All-Star Games or logged more seasons.

787 Streak of 787 consecutive games of scoring in double figures was snapped on December 4, 1987 versus, ironically, Milwaukee. The streak is second only to Michael Jordan, who compiled 866 consecutive games of 10-plus points during his career.

1,160 Career steals.

3,189 Career blocks, No. 2 all time (Note: Blocks weren???t officially recorded until the 1973-74 season).

5,660 Career assists.

HAPPY B-DAY!!!!!!

Was he actually any good??

1,160 Career steals.

5,660 Career assists.

HAPPY B-DAY!!!!!!

Was he actually any good??

Rich cannot be distracted by stats or tats!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

What do you suppose Cuban paid to rent the refs for the game?

I dunno, what is the value of a game that means nothing but pride? Oh, but wait, it did mean something to the Spurs. Gee, that's too bad.

Duncan has been the whiniest bitch in the league for years and that shit catches up w/ you. I laugh.

You've never heard of Rasheed Wallace, apparently.

My dude--never confined by basketball.

On the Shoulders of Giants w/ Faux Rillz: My Journey Through HAARLEM (2007).

On the Shoulders of Giants w/ Faux Rillz: My Journey Through the HAARLEM (2007).

He actually does own a brownstone about two blocks from me (on the very same block that I used to live on).

On the Shoulders of Giants w/ Faux Rillz: My Journey Through the HAARLEM (2007).

He actually does own a brownstone about two blocks from me (on the very same block that I used to live on).

Other celebrity residents of that block:

Maya Angelou

A dude that claims to have been a drummer for the BT Express

My dentist, Yahannes Syoum--the best in the game

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

HAPPY B-DAY!!!!!!

He and Jamal Wilkes were always my all-time fav. Lakers!

And who was it on this board that said Kareem was overrated and had it easy in the NBA because he was 7 ft. tall????