NBA 2007/Second Half/Do The Math

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Lakers, Lakers, Lakers! What happened? You have let me and all the Golden State Warriors' fans down. Yuichi, I hold you personally responsible for this debacle!?!?!!

I'M SORRY. It's my fault.

The Lakers should just fold right now, they're not gonna win shit in the playoffs anyway. It's a world of difference from last season when they were really gelling in the last stretch of the regular season.

This season = x10

I QUIT!

p.s. I can't imagine what it's like to be a Warriors fan. It would be a mad man.

shi-tttt, ME MAD ME MAD!!!! LAKERS ARE DOO DOO ON A STICK.

Cali teams are softer than a muffin right now. Long gone are the days when Doug Cristie would uppercut our role players. Winning those 3 playoff games against the Suns last year, a Utopia.

MAD DOGGIE!

I'm out to a get a beer.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    drink up yuch! 2nd time clips bested lakers in a week

and i can't believe you're putting down smush when he was the only dude scoring for your team for the final, what, 10 mins?! 26-8 and smush had 6 of those. that cold streak was horrendous.

drink up yuch! 2nd time clips bested lakers in a week

and i can't believe you're putting down smush when he was the only dude scoring for your team for the final, what, 10 mins?! 26-8 and smush had 6 of those. that cold streak was horrendous.

For every three that Smush gets, he gives up like 3 baskets.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

tepid

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Lakers, Lakers, Lakers! What happened? You have let me and all the Golden State Warriors' fans down. Yuichi, I hold you personally responsible for this debacle!?!?!!

and the clips play shitty ass portland tonight. the warriors must beat sacto tonight!

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    So, if two teams have the same W-L record to end the season, the team with the higher division record gets the higher seed, right?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Kobe - 50 points and 1 assist
    Macgette - 39 pts and 9 assists

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    So, if two teams have the same W-L record to end the season, the team with the higher division record gets the higher seed, right?

yes, and that would be the clips

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Right, right, so the Warriors need to pull out some more wins here. Both teams with 4 games left, and they are damn near the same 4 games (in terms of how good the teams are). I can't believe the Lakers lost that one last night, I was watching in the 3rd (I think) and they were up by 15 or more points. I fell asleep though...

And damn, Maggette had 39 and 9? Brutal. Brand had 32 pts, 12 rbds, and 7 assists? Ouch. Kobe scored 50 and they lost again? Double ouch... The Lakers need Shaq back in their life. Don't hate me.

WTF was Dunleavy thinking having him come off the bench for most of the season?
    behind livingston and tim thomas?!

The Lakers need Shaq back in their life. Don't hate me.

dont start none,wont be none

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

I'M SORRY. It's my fault.

seriously. i root for the lakers for once in my life and this is the thanks i get?

lets go warriors!!!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    The Lakers should just fold right now, they're not gonna win shit in the playoffs anyway.

This attitude is a disgrace.

You do not deserve to call yourself a Kobe fan.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    The Lakers should just fold right now, they're not gonna win shit in the playoffs anyway.

Maybe he can't withstand another anti-Kobe barrage, so he goes out of his way to take that joy away from us.

I mean the Knicks have tanked, but you won't catch me throwing them under the bus.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

WTF was Dunleavy thinking having him come off the bench for most of the season?
    behind livingston and tim thomas?!

WEll I'm not a Clippers fan and haven't followed this whole story, but from what I've heard

1) Maggette has a low b-ball IQ. There have been several reports that have said that he's the most likely player not to listen to the coach when plays are drawn up, and therefore most likely to blow a play in the game.

2) Also Maggette and Dunleavy have been fueding off and on about his role on the team

2) Also Maggette and Dunleavy have been fueding off and on about his role on the team

Yes, much ass-hurt on both sides. He was on the trading block all season.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I declare Kevin Durant the greatest player in the history of the NBA!!

Dude hasn't played his first game, yet he's caused at least 6 players to be put on the "Injured List".

Dude hasn't played his first game, yet he's caused at least 6 players to be put on the "Injured List".

Yes, much ass-hurt on both sides. He was on the trading block all season.

from everything i've heard, maggete is an exceptionally stand-up guy... almost to an elton brand degree. i know that doesn't necessarily mean he's got smarts on the courts, but it does make you assume he wouldn't be unnecessarily disrespectful to his coach.
    on the other hand, i normally think dunleavy knows what he's doing, so i'm stumped.

whatever. lakers, clippers, golden state - none of them are going anywhere in the playoffs anyhow

• I declare Kevin Durant the greatest player in the history of the NBA!!

yeah, but i'm starting to think this draft isn't as top-heavy as it might seem. there are the two biggies of course but a lot of guys are going to get overdrafted. i think noah and horford are going to be okay pros, but probably not all star caliber, and some wild card players like brandan wright, yi jianlian, spencer hawes, julian wright, et al, are going to go real high. to me the draft is really going to get interesting right around the mid teens. lots of solid and unheralded players like morris almond, rodney stuckey, brandon rush, and a shitload of others might be ready to step in and play right away for pretty good teams. durant is the real pearl of the bunch though. he might end up being one of the top 10 players in the entire league.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

yeah, but i'm starting to think this draft isn't as top-heavy as it might seem. there are the two biggies of course but a lot of guys are going to get overdrafted. i think noah and horford are going to be okay pros, but probably not all star caliber, and some wild card players like brandan wright, yi jianlian, spencer hawes, julian wright, et al, are going to go real high. to me the draft is really going to get interesting right around the mid teens. lots of solid and unheralded players like morris almond, rodney stuckey, brandon rush, and a shitload of others might be ready to step in and play right away for pretty good teams. durant is the real pearl of the bunch though. he might end up being one of the top 10 players in the entire league.

I think it will be a typical draft....top 2 players are a lock and both will be stars.....3-15 is a crapshoot with 1/2 of them becoming mediocre at best.....I like Julian Wright's athleticism and tools......I think Horford is MUCH better than Noah......and if Hibbert comes out I'd have to think about taking him before Oden.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Dwayne Wade is freaking awesome. Just watched the end of the Indiana-Pacers game on ESPN. Pacers had the lead heading into the 4th quarer and Wade just took over. He had a series of spins and pull up jumpers and then drove and passed out to a 3 to Posey. That was the game basically.

I'm a realist. This season is clearly different from last season. I'll ride for my Lakers and Kobe Bryant all day, but I'm really not into blind faith. If you check my record, I've hardly ever made bold (stupid) predictions.

Matter of fact, I didn't watch the Phoenix game tonight, I came back from playing ball, checked the last 2min, watched Kobe jack up a three and that was it.

The injuries (Lamar Odom, Luke Walton, Kwame Brown) and the string of 50+ pts by Kobe in the second half of the season really have taken its toll. In the first half, they were really playing some beautiful basketball.

WE'LL BE BACK NEXT SEASON!!! You can put that on.

Maybe he can't withstand another anti-Kobe barrage, so he goes out of his way to take that joy away from us.

I mean the Knicks have tanked, but you won't catch me throwing them under the bus.

You sound like a non-baller.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    deal with it!!!!!

I'm watching ESPN Classics, "Top 20 Dunkers of all time".

1. MJ
    2. Dr. J
    3. Nique
    4. Vince
    5. Drexler
    6. Larry Nance
    7. Lebron
    8. David Thompson
    9. Kobe

Vince at 4??? My opinion is an emphatic HELL NO. Vince Carter is the Greatest Dunker of All Time. My argument is that if the top 3 invented/revolutionzed it, Vince perfected it.

1. MJ
    2. Dr. J
    3. Nique
    4. Vince
    5. Drexler
    6. Larry Nance
    7. Lebron
    8. David Thompson
    9. Kobe

Vince at 4??? My opinion is an emphatic HELL NO. Vince Carter is the Greatest Dunker of All Time. My argument is that if the top 3 invented/revolutionzed it, Vince perfected it.

You sound young.

1. MJ
    2. Dr. J
    3. Nique
    4. Vince
    5. Drexler
    6. Larry Nance
    7. Lebron
    8. David Thompson
    9. Kobe

Shit is bullshit. There can be no real definitive dunk list. It shifts w/ time/opinions/info/context.

You just opened a Pandora's Box w/ this ESPN list. Now a bunch of cats are gonna be bringing up suspect dudes to this list. And I have no problem w/ Vince(Olympic Dunk!!!!) but not at four like the Scientist stated. Lebron - "ALL TIME"... how many years has he been in the L? They just want to appeal to their demograph w/ that one.

Connie Hawkins
    Darryl Dawkins

Here we go......