NBA 2007/Second Half/Do The Math

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I'm really glad Chris Kaman got a fuckin' haircut finally.

THANK GOODNESS THAT SHIT IS GONE!

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

does this mean that Reggie Evans will stop grabbing Kaman's balls?

Also, it comes down to tonight yo!!! warriors make it or break it. Lets go Warriors!!! I sure hope the Lakers can beat the Kings tonite, I would love to see the warriors play the Mavericks in the playoffs. Not to say they stand a chance but i think those games will be more exciting.

BTW what the fizzuck was up w/ avery sending out the fro-soph team out against the warriors but have dirk and them play tonite? does that make any sense? Avery and the Mavs must be shooooooook!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Also, it comes down to tonight yo!!! warriors make it or break it. Lets go Warriors!!! I sure hope the Lakers can beat the Kings tonite, I would love to see the warriors play the Mavericks in the playoffs. Not to say they stand a chance but i think those games will be more exciting.

BTW what the fizzuck was up w/ avery sending out the fro-soph team out against the warriors but have dirk and them play tonite? does that make any sense? Avery and the Mavs must be shooooooook!

Apparently Stern warned the Mavs about sitting the starters....

The local sports radio referenced an incident when the Showtime Lakers were fined for sitting Magic/Kareem & Co. against the Trailblazers on a pay Per View game??

Apparently Stern warned the Mavs about sitting the starters....

The local sports radio referenced an incident when the Showtime Lakers were fined for sitting Magic/Kareem & Co. against the Trailblazers on a pay Per View game??

pay per view?!?!?!? whoa now thats showtime basketball.

i'd like to see stern start fining teams for tanking the season and throwing star player son the DL so they can win the oden/durant sweepstakes. for a playoff bound team like the mavs isnt it really there own discretion on who to rest? id say they earned it. i understand the whole 'intregrity' of the league but stern wouldnt be talking if dirk/terry/howard got injured and missed the 1st round series over a bullshit game that meant nothing to them.

Pay Per View was pretty popular back in the early days of NBA/Cable

Nothing would make Stern happier than the Mav's losing in the first round.

The Stern vs. Cuban feud is very real.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

The Stern vs. Cuban feud is very real in the minds of Mavs fans[/b].

I heard Stern was going to commission the Lizard People to use their superhuman powers of telekinesis to cause the ball to rim out whenever Dirk shoots in the playoffs.

I heard Stern was going to commission the Lizard People to use their superhuman powers of telekinesis to cause the ball to rim out whenever Dirk shoots in the playoffs.

Mavs fan mind garden photo.....

CUBAN VS. STERN

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Mavs fan mind garden self-image.....

Except white, of course.

Except white, of course.
    You mean like this.......

Or more like this....

damn man i am getting friggggggin giddy!!!!!!!!!!! warriors up by 17!!!! this is unfathomable!!!! 12 years, i was 15 when they c-webb and spree led the dubs to the playoffs. damn i even think Billy Owen aka the next Magic was on that team. how do you trade mitch richmond for billy owens? anyways, this shits crazy. warrior fans are about to rejoice in like 24 minutes!!!! with a record over .500 no less!!!

btw, the warriors need an athletic 4-man, getting someone like david lee of the knicks would be a great fit, athletic, rebounds like a mad man and does the dirty work. knock fans want to give him up? holler at mullin!

go dubs!!!!

go lakers too!

• Avery and the Mavs must be shooooooook!

Again. Where is this logic. He's facilitating a first-round matchup. If he/they/we were shook, wouldn't he've put a lot on trying to beat y'all and hoping the Clippers win out? He ain't give a fuck, mang. Avery gave y'all a gift, be happy.

what up warrior fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s.
    Gene! dont take the mavericks bashing to yuichi-like proportions, im just ribbing yo! i know in a 7game series, my dubs will at most take maybe 2 games, im just happy we made it to the damn dance! like an ugly chick being thankful for getting asked to prom yo! at the end of the day its just basketball.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I went to the Oakland Arena tonight with about 31,000 other people to see the Warriors-Blazers game played on the big screen. I have been with the Warriors for at least 15 years or more and this is sooooo sweet to return to the playoffs. I can't believe we made it with all the shaky play in the middle of the season. Don Nelson is a freaking genius. Bring on the Mavs!

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

Congrats Warrior Fans, I can relate to rooting for terrible teams. Hopefully you guys give the Mavs a good series.

I was at Staples Center tonight watching a free Clippers game, and I tell you the mood amongst the Clippers fans quickly became somber once they checked the GSW boxscore on their handheld. And the game-ending shot by the Hornets was the dagger. I felt their pain.

Clipper fan/friend reluctantly took some pictures of me:

Passerby: "That guy knows what's up."

Phoenix, let's go.

Go 7th and 8th seeds in the West!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    dude

dude

get your pon pons and some wings ready.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    After 12 seasons of nada, we've finally made it, and honestly that's victory enough. Dallas fans, you're standing in the way of destiny! Cinderella can be a serious beyotch--you haven't beaten us yet.

feel free to clown us after victory #4, I'm hoping it will go to at least six games.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

thank you andris biedrins

• You Dubs fans are a vociferous bunch.

Congratulations, and good luck.

Man....gotta wait til 8:30 on Sunday to do this. Let the grip-fest known as the NBA playoffs begin. Better make sure the settings on my Pacemaker are calibrated properly.

• I also don't like this "we're just happy to be here" talk from y'all. Someone step up and call out..."Upset of the Century!!!" Let's get ANGRY!

dollar_bin came the closest to brazenness.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Warriors in seven.

• Crazy developments in the EC last night. Bulls lose and drop to 5. CAvs up to 2. Nets to 6 and Wizards to 7. The Bulls fucked themselves in their bracket behind this. Now they get to face the Heat. Tough draw in round 1. Meanwhile King James almost gets a greased slide to the EC Finals. Cavs/Wizards will be a drubbing and the Nets/Raptors winner should be fairly easy fodder. So only one team out of DET/MIA/CHI even has a chance to get to the EC Finals. That's brutal.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Don Nelson is a freaking genius.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Baron Davis

• Baron Davis

Josh Howard

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Playoff prediction time?

Chi stands a good chance against Miami this year. Wade ain't the same Wade as last year. I would not be surprised to see the Bulls take the Heat. Should be a decent series either way. Chicago in 7.

The Wizrds are just sad. Making it to the playoffs without Arenas and Butler being able to play is just a huge tease for them. They will not pass round 1. I was really interested in seeing a healthy Arenas/Butler/Jameson scoring storm in the playoffs this year. Cavs in 5.

Nets/Raptors will be a great series. I say the Raptors take it. Jefferson ain't taking the Nets through the first round, Kidd and Carter are tired. I don't know. Anything could happen there but I think Toronto is hungrier. toronto in 7.

Orlando doens't stand a chance against the DP. However, it will be worth watching to see Howard bring it. That guy's a beast. The Pistons swept the Magic in the regular season. Pistons in 5.

The West is gonna be pretty good this year. Dallas will be the big target. Golden State has their number (congrats, Warriors). That will be a great series. Warriors in 7. (Yeah, that just happened)

Phoenix/Lakers again, we'll see if Kobe can pull through it this time. I doubt it. Phoenix in 6.

San Antonio will be tough, but I got to call it for my folks on this one. Denver in 7.

I really can't call the Houston/Utah series. I'll take a wild guess and say Houston in 6.