NBA 2007/Second Half/Do The Math

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Dwayne Wade is freaking awesome. Just watched the end of the Indiana-Pacers game on ESPN. Pacers had the lead heading into the 4th quarer and Wade just took over. He had a series of spins and pull up jumpers and then drove and passed out to a 3 to Posey. That was the game basically.

Yeah. In the first half Indiana just kinda hung around, so I didnt pay attention that much. By the end the the third, the Pacers were up and my hopes were kinda high. Then Mr."My knees hurt,i wont dunk so much, my shoulder feels alright", made some huge ass plays in the 4th to put the game away. My Pacers still have a chance to get beat by Detroit in the first round. All we have to do is tie w/ Tony Orlando & Dawn & them.

• I think it will be a typical draft....top 2 players are a lock and both will be stars.....3-15 is a crapshoot with 1/2 of them becoming mediocre at best.....I like Julian Wright's athleticism and tools......I think Horford is MUCH better than Noah......and if Hibbert comes out I'd have to think about taking him before Oden.

hibbert has put his name in the draft without hiring an agent, so technically he can return to school, but i really dont see that happening. he'll probably get a top-10 promise which should seal the deal. i think he projects to be a chris kaman-type player, which isnt necessarily a bad thing (he was 6th overall pick in one of the strongest drafts ever) - he's intelligent and plays within himself, i just don't see him being skilled or athletic enough to be a true star. in terms of skills oden and hibbert aren't too far apart as of now but physically oden is in a completely different class.

I think it will be a typical draft

Fuck the first round.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    (Olympic Dunk!!!!)

Dude was French--that dunk will forever have an asterisk beside it.

(Olympic Dunk!!!!)

Dude was French--that dunk will forever have an asterisk beside it.

LOL....

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    8 W's in a row for Denver with Memphis tonight...

8 W's in a row for Denver with Memphis tonight...

Make that 9 in a row.

Exactly.

Only 2 more after that, MIN (who we can beat) and then SAS, whom we play in the playoffs. Funny how that works out.

I know the whole world is against me on this one, but I think we can beat San Antonio in the first round. I know it sounds crazy, but we've been playing so well lately, and we've proven that our lack of defense was only temporary. We have been playing both sides of the court very well lately. San Antonio is good, really good in the playoffs, but Denver has the power to surprise some people right now. I'm holding my breath for this one.

I know the whole world is against me on this one, but I think we can beat San Antonio in the first round. I know it sounds crazy, but we've been playing so well lately, and we've proven that our lack of defense was only temporary. We have been playing both sides of the court very well lately. San Antonio is good, really good in the playoffs, but Denver has the power to surprise some people right now. I'm holding my breath for this one.

THE REGULAR SEASON DONT MEAN SHIT.

Usually I would agree, but in this case, we're playing our best at the very end of the season, going into the post-season on our best win streak, and the team is clicking more than they ever have before (current team, that is). In this case, I would say the end of the regular season actually might mean some shit for the Nuggets. It's all about momentum. Anything before the last week of March definitely don't mean shit.

Usually I would agree, but in this case, we're playing our best at the very end of the season, going into the post-season on our best win streak, and the team is clicking more than they ever have before (current team, that is). In this case, I would say the end of the regular season actually might mean some shit for the Nuggets. It's all about momentum. Anything before the last week of March definitely don't mean shit.

I totally agree w/ you on having cohesion and momentum going into the Playoffs.

But the mindstate in the playoffs is 10x that of the reg season.

Vern Fleming shoulda got in before Antonio Davis.

Where the hell is Chuck Person aka The Rifleman?

But the mindstate in the playoffs is 10x that of the reg season.

Definitely. There's no arguing with that!

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    the western conference playoff race is heating up!!! the lakers might fall out of contention yo! The way the clippers are playing the warriors may have to win out to make it. this shit is nuts.

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    I'm watching ESPN Classics, "Top 20 Dunkers of all time".

1. MJ
    2. Dr. J
    3. Nique
    4. Vince
    5. Drexler
    6. Larry Nance
    7. Lebron
    8. David Thompson
    9. Kobe

Shawn Kemp?!?!?!?!

The Lakers Suns game last night was pretty boring plus I had some shitty seats but it was still a W.

the western conference playoff race is heating up!!! the lakers might fall out of contention yo! The way the clippers are playing the warriors may have to win out to make it. this shit is nuts.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

As if to prove that last comment, the Nuggets just lost to lowly Memphis tonight.

You will be definite underdogs going in against San Antonio. They have the best record since the All-Star break in the L. The real question will be whether you guys can execute in the half court against their defense and get out on the break enough to score some easy points.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Wow. So basically the team with the best record in these last couple games wins.
    What happens if we see a 2 way tie for the 8th spot? I forget how it's determined.

Wow. So basically the team with the best record in these last couple games wins.
    What happens if we see a 2 way tie for the 8th spot? I forget how it's determined.

If the Pacers tie w/ the Magic for the 8th seed, the Pacers go to the Playoffs because they won the regular season matchup against Orlando.

In case of ties, the first thing they look at is the head to head match ups between the teams. If the season is split say 2-2 then they look at conference records.

In the case of the 7th and 8th spots in the West, the Warriors can only make the playoffs if they pass either the Clippers or Lakers. The Clippers and Warriors split the season 2-2 but the Clippers have a better conference record which is why right now even though the Clips and GS have the same record, the Clips are in and GS is out. With regards to the Warriors and Lakers the Lakers also win that tie breaker because they swept the Warriors 4-0 this season.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    I'm ridin with any scenario that leaves the Lakers out of the playoffs. As long as the Sonics can hold their #5 draft position.

• how about them Bulls??

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i wish i was watching the spurs-mavs right now but i'm hungover, sleep deprived, and stuck at work. fuck.
    to make it worse, clippers are down 20 to the kings at half. WHY?!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Thank Joey Crawford for just winning the game for you, Mavs fans.

Edit: And now Josh Howard does a flying body block into Oberto--foul on Oberto.

What do you suppose Cuban paid to rent the refs for the game?

• Crawford is a fucking CUNT

I was looking forward to this fourth quarter

what a fucking dickhead

• anyway, it was a good game up until then

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

In case of ties, the first thing they look at is the head to head match ups between the teams. If the season is split say 2-2 then they look at conference records.

In the case of the 7th and 8th spots in the West, the Warriors can only make the playoffs if they pass either the Clippers or Lakers. The Clippers and Warriors split the season 2-2 but the Clippers have a better conference record which is why right now even though the Clips and GS have the same record, the Clips are in and GS is out. With regards to the Warriors and Lakers the Lakers also win that tie breaker because they swept the Warriors 4-0 this season.

Cool, knowledge dropped. At this rate, GSW doesn't need to worry about those trivialities. They are crushing the T-Wolves. Clips are down big. Lakers game coming up.....betta step yo game up! Do or die. Win or go home. 7th and 7th seed only for the Lakers. STEP YO GAME UP.

• the refs really ruined the tempo of this shit

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    how about them Bulls??

given the current standings, its pretty rediculous how the bulls will not have to face the pistons, cavs, or the heat until the conference finals.

that said, i dont think they will make it there.

I cannot fuckin believe that Duncan got tossed i nthis Mavs-Spurs game. The guy was just laughing on the sidelines and got his 2nd T. In-fuckin-credible!

P.S. - Clippers still losing, Warriors still winning!?!?!!!!