NBA 2007/Second Half/Do The Math

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Dude, just because you think the guy is one of the best players ever does not make him a nice or likable person. Guy's a dick. And I still think he probably raped that woman. And even if he didn't, isn't he married? To someone other than that woman he was having sex with against her will?

Now talk about something real. Like the Trailblazers end of season collapse! I can't understand it. Zach had been playing so well, with focus, all season, and now he can't even be bothered to get back down court to defend the goal? What is up?!?

SERIOUSLY, this got wack quick. Who are you to make calls like that "Yea, he definitely raped that women!!!". Dick, Rapist? We can have heated battles over GOAT or MVP, but please do not jump in and say stupid shit like that, ok faggot?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Dude, just because you think the guy is one of the best players ever does not make him a nice or likable person. Guy's a dick. And I still think he probably raped that woman. And even if he didn't, isn't he married? To someone other than that woman he was having sex with against her will?

Now talk about something real. Like the Trailblazers end of season collapse! I can't understand it. Zach had been playing so well, with focus, all season, and now he can't even be bothered to get back down court to defend the goal? What is up?!?

SERIOUSLY, this got wack quick. Who are you to make calls like that "Yea, he definitely raped that women!!!". Dick, Rapist? We can have heated battles over GOAT or MVP, but please do not jump in and say stupid shit like that, ok faggot?

Yuichi, you are getting more high school with every passing minute.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

Calling me faggot is a good way to build your credibility. It seems to also make you feel better. And I hope it's because I said I had crushes on Dale Cooper, Deputy Hawk, Bobby Briggs, Ed Hurley, and James Hurley in the obscure TV crushes thread.

On the subject of Kobe Bryant:
    I think that Kobe probably had sex with that woman (not his wife) against her will in Colorado. I also think that the prosecution could not prove the case against him, so they dropped the charges. This happens very frequently. If this is actually the case (which neither you nor I will ever know), this puts him very low on my good human being meter.

I also think Kobe Bryant is an amazing basketball player. One of the most talented shooting guards in league history. That doesn't make me like him any better. In fact, since I am not a fan of the lakers, it makes me like him less. Everyone knows that being good is a very good reason to dislike athletes that play for the opposition.

On the subject that I TRIED TO CHANGE it to:
    I want to know why the Trailblazers are collapsing, and I came over here because it is my understanding that you are a baller among ballers, a teacher of hoops and nets. So knowledge me. Why are the blazers on a losing streak? Is it bad coaching? Or just a lack of will among their players?

(And don't think you can "A-HA" me with character issues on the Blazer squad, I am fully aware of Zach Randolph's various run-ins with the law over the last couple of years, including the allegations that he too may be a rapist. It's a lowlife thing to do. But he plays for my team, so I look past it while they're on the floor. Maybe like you do for Kobe.)

Here we go the, Soulstrut tradition of GETTING IN PEOPLE'S BUSINESS. Motown please.

JRoot, you a fuckin' faggot for stepping in at the wrong time like this. I don't care what people think. Words like that are not cool in any situation.

Calling me faggot is a good way to build your credibility. It seems to also make you feel better. And I hope it's because I said I had crushes on Dale Cooper, Deputy Hawk, Bobby Briggs, Ed Hurley, and James Hurley in the obscure TV crushes thread.

On the subject of Kobe Bryant:
    I think that Kobe probably had sex with that woman (not his wife) against her will in Colorado. I also think that the prosecution could not prove the case against him, so they dropped the charges. This happens very frequently. If this is actually the case (which neither you nor I will ever know), this puts him very low on my good human being meter.

I also think Kobe Bryant is an amazing basketball player. One of the most talented shooting guards in league history. That doesn't make me like him any better. In fact, since I am not a fan of the lakers, it makes me like him less. Everyone knows that being good is a very good reason to dislike athletes that play for the opposition.

On the subject that I TRIED TO CHANGE it to:
    I want to know why the Trailblazers are collapsing, and I came over here because it is my understanding that you are a baller among ballers, a teacher of hoops and nets. So knowledge me. Why are the blazers on a losing streak? Is it bad coaching? Or just a lack of will among their players?

(And don't think you can "A-HA" me with character issues on the Blazer squad, I am fully aware of Zach Randolph's various run-ins with the law over the last couple of years, including the allegations that he too may be a rapist. It's a lowlife thing to do. But he plays for my team, so I look past it while they're on the floor. Maybe like you do for Kobe.)

Seriously, KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS. And get focused.

You're claiming to have changed subjects by replacing the subject to "Kobe is a dick/rapist"?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    JRoot, you a fuckin' faggot for stepping in at the wrong time like this. I don't care what people think. Words like that are not cool in any situation.[/b]

You mean like calling someone a faggot?

And last time I checked this is a message board so anyone can read and comment. As if you've never jumped into someone else's conversation about basketball (especially Kobe related).

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    JRoot, you a fuckin' faggot[/b] for stepping in at the wrong time like this.

Words like that are not cool in any situation.

These young men are very much in the public eye and under scrutiny. In the case of Mr. Bryant and Mr. Randolph, they are also multi-millionaires who did not graduate from college. They appear to me to have exercised poor judgment in their relationships with women, and in Mr. Bryant's case, this poor judgment led to credible allegations of sexual assault of a woman not his wife. In Mr. Randolph's case, this poor judgment led to credible allegations that (if memory serves) he paid a woman to strip for him and a colleague in a hotel room in downtown Portland, and possibly perform sexual acts on one or both of them. Both of these acts are reprehensible, whether they can be proved criminal or not.

DEEDS like that are not cool in any situation.

But again, I ask, WHY are the Portland Trailblazers slumping at the end of the season? Is it the coaching? Is it poor character? Is it nothing-to-play-for-itis?

KNOWLEDGE ME. And if it helps you to knowledge me to call me a faggot again, be my guest.

JRoot

Please do not jump in with malicious/dumb/judgemental comments after a long-winded argument about a legitimate topic.

JRoot, you a fuckin' faggot[/b] for stepping in at the wrong time like this.

Words like that are not cool in any situation.

These young men are very much in the public eye and under scrutiny. In the case of Mr. Bryant and Mr. Randolph, they are also multi-millionaires who did not graduate from college. They appear to me to have exercised poor judgment in their relationships with women, and in Mr. Bryant's case, this poor judgment led to credible allegations of sexual assault of a woman not his wife. In Mr. Randolph's case, this poor judgment led to credible allegations that (if memory serves) he paid a woman to strip for him and a colleague in a hotel room in downtown Portland, and possibly perform sexual acts on one or both of them. Both of these acts are reprehensible, whether they can be proved criminal or not.

DEEDS like that are not cool in any situation.

But again, I ask, WHY are the Portland Trailblazers slumping at the end of the season? Is it the coaching? Is it poor character? Is it nothing-to-play-for-itis?

KNOWLEDGE ME. And if it helps you to knowledge me to call me a faggot again, be my guest.

JRoot

An eye for an eye bitch. Next time, don't mess up the double-dutch aiite?

Everyone has their threshold. It takes 5 seconds to realize that what JRoot said was totally unneccessary and uncalled for. Especially the timing. THINK BEFORE YOU POST.
    For the record, dick and rapist have just as much malicious intent.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

An eye for an eye bitch. Next time, don't mess up the double-dutch aiite?

What the hell does this even mean? And I didn't realize that you and others were double-dutching on here. [Cue Liz Phair When they do the double dutch that's them dancing.]

I will post where I please, and I will usually, if not always, think before I do so. So sorry if I slowed your roll, but if it makes the blood throb through your veins so violently to hear a countervailing view of the deity of Bryant, you might want to ask yourself why? I've had the unpleasant experience of having my idols knocked off the altar I put them on in the past, which is why I don't tend to idolize people any more. I respect them, or I don't. And in Kobe's case, I don't.

I thought this thread was about the NBA Second Half, and to me, the most notable thing about the NBA second half right now is that the Trailblazers can't do shit and have lost six of seven or seven of eight or something like that. All this about whether Kobe can win a championship by himself, I could really care less! He can shoot the lights out, though, and he's got talent for days. He is the player most like Michael Jordan in the NBA today. But I don't know any better than you whether a championship team can be built around him. Which is what this "double dutch" was about in the first place, right? As far as I can tell THAT conversation has nothing to do with the NBA second half.

And let's see, faggot, fuckin' faggot, and now bitch. What name do you have for me next Dr. Balleration?

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    Please answer the burning question that is on the mind of better soulstrutters everywhere: Why are the Blazers in their annual end of season collapse? The season had so much promise...they might have even won 35 games! But now, 30 looks like a stretch. Oh Portland, why?

That said, I'm seeing the current Blazers as reminiscent of the 84-85 squad, or possibly the 85-86 squad. Some good young talent, not that great a team yet, but they will coalesce in four years to make it to the finals. Here me now and believe me later.

look on the brightside... lamarcus aldridge is playing really well.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    [Cue Liz Phair When they do the double dutch that's them dancing.]

Y: Your conduct is poor. Clean your room.

Y: Your conduct is poor. Clean your room.

So lemme get the rules straight, "faggot" is taboo, as we all know. I knew this but I still used it.

But "Kobe is a dick/rapist", "Kobe is a punk bitch" "That pussy Kobe", are all acceptable, and without malicious intent, correct?

Nobody ever answers my questions. Can I get a fair answer?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Chill dude! The rape case was dropped on Kobe, just like all this namecalling in this thread should also follow suit. I sense an outside of NBA thread settlement will hopefully occur between both parties.

Can we just talk about basketball again?

What happened to the Cavs tonight vs the Mavs?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Nice to see I'm not the only one who was checkin' for that album.

• What happened to the Cavs tonight vs the Mavs?

What had happened was the Cavs ran into a team against whom they are clearly outmatched.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Fire Rick Carlyle

What had happened was the Cavs ran into a team against whom they are clearly outmatched.

When did Devin Harris lose the starting PG position? Or was he injured?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

GP, I think they would've lost that game even if they were playing the worst team in the league. The Cavs looked like they weren't even trying throughout the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Devin Harris was cuttin' em up when I was watchin' though. Dude's quick as hell.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

He's coming off an injury but Avery shakes up the starting 5 throughout the year.

Note to Drewn....

I would NOT trade Devin Harris straight up for Chauncey Billups.

Harris is just a pup still getting better. Considering his age and potential I'd take him at this point over Billups.

He's probably the second fastest player in the game and there was a 5 minute stretch last night where he showed what he's capable of....and it was scary good.

He's going to live up to his #5 overall pick status.

(Yep....I thought that out and "put it out there" for the world to see.)

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    I leave this place for a night with wifey and come back to this????

Ansering questions with questions doesn't mean you're a hoopsologist - it means your arguement is flawed. As Shaq's been surrounded by a stunning cast of ballers, he's been either the leading scorer/rebounder on all those teams or the second in both cats. When he leaves teams, those teams have yet to maintain that same level of playoff run without him. Where's the Magic since they wouldn't extend his contract? where are the Lakers? Kobe had to co-sign on the trade to move Shaq just as much as Shaq "wasn't going to Miami if Wade was a part of the deal." Kobe could restructure his contract (like Shaq did) to get the talent he feels to see his vision become reality. No team with Phil Jackson, Kobe and Jerry Buss' wallet should ever be in rebuilding. They aren't idiots - they're elite basketball minds who happened to have made the wrong decisions in their roster - not Kobe's isn't a great player. Why must one always use someone's supporting cast as the reason for an absense of the ulitmate goal?

• What happened to the Cavs tonight vs the Mavs?

He's coming off an injury but Avery shakes up the starting 5 throughout the year.

Note to Drewn....

I would NOT trade Devin Harris straight up for Chauncey Billups.

Harris is just a pup still getting better. Considering his age and potential I'd take him at this point over Billups.

He's probably the second fastest player in the game and there was a 5 minute stretch last night where he showed what he's capable of....and it was scary good.

He's going to live up to his #5 overall pick status.

(Yep....I thought that out and "put it out there" for the world to see.)

Avery Johnson: "Devin Harris is the best defensive PG in the Western Conference". To those who might disagree with the coach, who's better?

Rock, I'd been wondering if the Mavs should extend Devin this summer. I think they have to now. When they do, the core members will be locked up for a good 3-5 years.

I leave this place for a night with wifey and come back to this????

Ansering questions with questions doesn't mean you're a hoopsologist - it means your arguement is flawed. As Shaq's been surrounded by a stunning cast of ballers, he's been either the leading scorer/rebounder on all those teams or the second in both cats. When he leaves teams, those teams have yet to maintain that same level of playoff run without him. Where's the Magic since they wouldn't extend his contract? where are the Lakers? Kobe had to co-sign on the trade to move Shaq just as much as Shaq "wasn't going to Miami if Wade was a part of the deal." Kobe could restructure his contract (like Shaq did) to get the talent he feels to see his vision become reality. No team with Phil Jackson, Kobe and Jerry Buss' wallet should ever be in rebuilding. They aren't idiots - they're elite basketball minds who happened to have made the wrong decisions in their roster - not Kobe's isn't a great player. Why must one always use someone's supporting cast as the reason for an absense of the ulitmate goal?

Dogs, have you watched any games in the last week?

Avery Johnson: "Devin Harris is the best defensive PG in the Western Conference". To those who might disagree with the coach, who's better?

I would say Andre Miller if he were still in the west.

So lemme get the rules straight, "faggot" is taboo, as we all know. I knew this but I still used it.

But "Kobe is a dick/rapist", "Kobe is a punk bitch" "That pussy Kobe", are all acceptable, and without malicious intent, correct?

Nobody ever answers my questions. Can I get a fair answer?

the issue is you're addressing a person directly as opposed to a third person. Kobe ain't here and while it's weak to call him any of the above (notice I've never), it's not as bad as calling some dude a faggot cuz you didn't leave room for him on the Kobe bandwagon.

Kobe's not one of the greatest cuz his inability to bring the Lakers a championship since it's been "his team."

Dogs, have you watched any games in the last week?

is him dropping 65 and 50 gonna get him past the Suns or Mavs???? do I really need to watch every Laker game to be a person who doesn't think at best the Lakers lose in the second round?

• Avery Johnson: "Devin Harris is the best defensive PG in the Western Conference". To those who might disagree with the coach, who's better?

Didn't you get on me (no ayo) about using the "i" word one day?

Didn't you get on me (no ayo) about using the "i" word one day?

I did, but you were running wild with that one. Haha.

You can't deny the truth that is/was Andre Miller though.