NBA 2007/Second Half/Do The Math

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Edpowers in the building.

It's all about Nenad Krstic baby:

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    No Wayde and they're still winning with Shaq as the focal point.

Shaq is very capable of carrying them around the league once...but not two or three times..... When teams have had time to prepare and adjust The Heat will start losing.

ROUND 1345!!! GO! I quit.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    What I don't appreciate is the "Kobe will never win[/b] shit without Shaq, and it will all be his fault".

oh wait - he'll win a scoring title.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe

I think I just threw up.

Great player, love to watch him ball, but CAN'T STAND THE BICKERING ABOUT HIM. Move on, folks.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    those nuggets seem to be jelling now.

are you gellin?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Like a felon! Haha.

Things are looking up, although I kinda hope the Lakers can keep the 6th seed at this point. I don't necessarily want to lose games, but I want the Lakers to win as many as we do from here on out. We got a hell of a schedule though.

Chicago
    Toronto
    Cleveland
    Detroit
    (Seattle)
    Phoenix

Then we play a couple mediocre teams, and we still have the Mavs, Jazz and Spurs toward the end.

I am getting impatient for the playoffs. I'm ready for all of the "regular season don't mean shit" talk!

And Melo has the nicest footwork and 1 on 1 isolation moves in the game right now. Dude is so nasty with the jab step and the spin moves. He's a master at creating space for a jumpshot. Had he not been in foul trouble I think he would have had 40+ last night and we would have blown the Nets out.

What I don't appreciate is the "Kobe will never win[/b] shit without Shaq, and it will all be his fault".

oh wait - he'll win a scoring title.

I guess the last 4 pages of REAL, didn't resonate in your high school mind.

And please, think before you post next time.

yuch - why isn't your level winning the whole thing??? why is the "real" theory over accomplishment??? I'm not asking him to take three different teams to the finals - just one. When he does I'll shut the fuck up and bow down. until then - he's a fucking amazing player who'll NEVER be the cornerstone of a championship team and becasue of THAT, he'll never be considered one of the greatest of all time in my eyes. That's all I'm saying - are you obtuse? Spout all the conjecture, sophistry & fairy tale scenarios you want - KB8 isn't on that level.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    yuch - why isn't your level winning the whole thing??? why is the "real" theory over accomplishment??? I'm not asking him to take three different teams to the finals - just one. When he does I'll shut the fuck up and bow down. until then - he's a fucking amazing player who'll be the cornerstone of a championship team and becasue of THAT, he'll never be considered one of the greatest of all time in my eyes. That's all I'm saying - are you obtuse? Spout all the conjecture, sophistry & fairy tale scenarios you want - KB8 isn't on that level.

^^^^THOUGHTS OF A HIGH SCHOOL MIND!

yuch - why isn't your level winning the whole thing??? why is the "real" theory over accomplishment??? I'm not asking him to take three different teams to the finals - just one. When he does I'll shut the fuck up and bow down. until then - he's a fucking amazing player who'll NEVER be the cornerstone of a championship team and becasue of THAT, he'll never be considered one of the greatest of all time in my eyes. That's all I'm saying - are you obtuse? Spout all the conjecture, sophistry & fairy tale scenarios you want - KB8 isn't on that level.

You see, you fail at the rudimentary level of basketball analysis when you bring up terms like "Focal Point", "Cornerstone", and "Centerpiece", without explaining WHY Shaquille O'neal is the cornerstone of every team he's played on. So please explain WHY, in a convincing manner.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

^^^^THOUGHTS OF A HIGH SCHOOL MIND!

You see, you fail at the rudimentary level of basketball analysis when you bring up terms like "Focal Point", "Cornerstone", and "Centerpiece", without explaining WHY Shaquille O'neal is the cornerstone of every team he's played on. So please explain WHY, in a convincing manner.

I don't think this yoigotbeats cat is even ready for the A.P. level Basketball Science that's about to be dropped!

I don't think this yoigotbeats cat is even ready for the A.P. level Basketball Science that's about to be dropped!

It's difficult for most students. Apparently, kids try to get in without having fulfilled the prerequisites. But I tell 'em, you can get in, but you may not be able to keep up. This course goes at an accelerated pace.

I don't think this yoigotbeats cat is even ready for the A.P. level Basketball Science that's about scoring a lot of points and never winning anything after ousting the player who brought him to the promise land three times

I don't think this yoigotbeats cat is even ready for the A.P. level Basketball Science that's about scoring a lot of points and never winning anything after ousting the player who brought him to the promise land three times

You're weak as hell dude. You wanna answer my question? Or do you wanna stick with your impessionistic garbage that the media feeds you?

YoIgotBeats,

Although you've spoken about GOAT and rings and "Cornerstone" and Countertops.
    You haven't discussed basketball at all.

So I'll just assume you're a non-baller and that you regurgitate whatever impressionistic garbage is on your mind. Fair?

Yuichi

In football you build around a QB and a good one can take you a long way.

In Baseball you need a Pitching Staff....3 good starters can win it all.

Hockey = Goalie

And in Basketball it's the Center.

It's no coincidence that a good number of Championship Teams included guys like Wilt, Bill Russell, Kareem and yes, Shaq.

The Bulls were an anomaly and that's why MJ is considered the GOAT.

That's why Shaq(and any dominant Center) is the focal point of their teams.

I'll just assume you're a non-baller

It has been tooken there.

In football you build around a QB and a good one can take you a long way.

In Baseball you need a Pitching Staff....3 good starters can win it all.

Hockey = Goalie

And in Basketball it's the Center.

It's no coincidence that a good number of Championship Teams included guys like Wilt, Bill Russell, Kareem and yes, Shaq.

The Bulls were an anomalie and that's why MJ is considered the GOAT.

That's why Shaq(and any dominant Center) is the focal point of their teams.

I was going to get at this next.

I understand that the Center, Pitcher, and Goalie are the most visible players. And they leave a greater impression on the fans. You can call them "focal points".

The way YoIGotBeat was using it. He made it sound like "Focal Point" was the most important piece. No, each piece is important. Shaq would have 0[/b] rings if Derek Fisher wasn't shooting the lights out in the playoffs.

Besides, clogging the middle, and tossing it out on the perimeter, may be called "Focal Point" if you want, but I see it more as "Decoy" or "Set-up Guy".

I understand the urge to call them "Focal Point" almost by default, but this is not very perceptive.

It's not so cut and dry.

There's not a coach in the NBA that would NOT want a dominant big man to build around over any other option.

The way YoIGotBeat was using it. He made it sound like "Focal Point" was the most important piece. No, each piece is important. Shaq would have 0[/b] rings if Derek Fisher wasn't shooting the lights out in the playoffs.

Now this is the type of Basketball Science I am talking about!

See a civilian such as myself--not party to the details that comprise Basketball Science at the subatomic level--never would have realized that D-Fish was the real talent on that team and that he carried Shaq all those years.

Now this is the type of Basketball Science I am talking about!

See a civilian such as myself--not party to the details that comprise Basketball Science at the subatomic level--never would have realized that D-Fish was the real talent on that team and that he carried Shaq all those years.

If you've watched enough Laker games during those Championship years you would know.
    Fisher carried the squad in critical moments, whether it was by taking a charge or draining a triple. And yes Fisher would have 0 Rings without Shaq.

Here's the summary:

"The Center is the focal point, and he is the most important piece by default because he is the biggest motherfucker on the court and frees up everyone else."

"I am a Shaq fan and I love football too!"

"I can't actually talk about the game itself, but i'll start to ramble about who is most important on the team."

"I hate Kobe! but I can't seem to keep my mouth shut about it."

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Please answer the burning question that is on the mind of better soulstrutters everywhere: Why are the Blazers in their annual end of season collapse? The season had so much promise...they might have even won 35 games! But now, 30 looks like a stretch. Oh Portland, why?

That said, I'm seeing the current Blazers as reminiscent of the 84-85 squad, or possibly the 85-86 squad. Some good young talent, not that great a team yet, but they will coalesce in four years to make it to the finals. Here me now and believe me later.

"dick/rapist"? FUCK YOU, YOU PIECE OF SHIT. Now, get out of here.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Dude, just because you think the guy is one of the best players ever does not make him a nice or likable person. Guy's a dick. And I still think he probably raped that woman. And even if he didn't, isn't he married? To someone other than that woman he was having sex with against her will?

Now talk about something real. Like the Trailblazers end of season collapse! I can't understand it. Zach had been playing so well, with focus, all season, and now he can't even be bothered to get back down court to defend the goal? What is up?!?