Air ForceONEs-25th/Kicks

Comments

• why try to reinvent the wheel? the shoes nike made in the 80s are so dope that they don't really need to design anything new. and the jordan line is still huge, retroes still count as jordans. they release a retro and people of all ages still camp out overnight to get them. they release new dunks, new air forces, new air max retroes all the time, legit, for sale in nike stores. There's obviously a demand for them. but hey, you're probably right, I'm sure nike will be out of business in a matter of months.

anyhow, what's with the insanity surrounding these:

hideous shoes that go for $300 and are overhyped by non-baller types all over the world.

i'm sure they're great to play ball in but if you guys think those AF1 O6's are ugly...

• why try to reinvent the wheel? the shoes nike made in the 80s are so dope that they don't really need to design anything new. and the jordan line is still huge, retroes still count as jordans. they release a retro and people of all ages still camp out overnight to get them. they release new dunks, new air forces, new air max retroes all the time, legit, for sale in nike stores. There's obviously a demand for them. but hey, you're probably right, I'm sure nike will be out of business in a matter of months.

my point is that the hype is dying down and its partly nike's fault. they overdid it with the retros. the jordan iii's, ivs and v's were appealing, in part, because nike had only retroed them twice in ten years (i think the ivs only once). of course, over the past couple of years they have totally killed the appeal by retro'ing them to death...and we are talking about the top jordans ever (aside from the xi's which they also retroed last year).

now, after beating dunks into the ground, they are f*cking with af1s. it's just nagl. the concept of redoing the af1s was iffy. the result is a disgrace, as is the original 6 line. the only thing hot that nike has right now are the Air Assault retroes. but again, since they overkilled the cement print, it makes them less appealing.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    why try to reinvent the wheel? the shoes nike made in the 80s are so dope that they don't really need to design anything new. and the jordan line is still huge, retroes still count as jordans. they release a retro and people of all ages still camp out overnight to get them. they release new dunks, new air forces, new air max retroes all the time, legit, for sale in nike stores. There's obviously a demand for them. but hey, you're probably right, I'm sure nike will be out of business in a matter of months.

hideous shoes that go for $300 and are overhyped by non-baller types all over the world.

i'm sure they're great to play ball in but if you guys think those AF1 O6's are ugly...

non- I play the game. Do you?

Well, I'm definitely not on your level yet. Think fast!

• i want these:

• they have them at finishline.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    why try to reinvent the wheel? the shoes nike made in the 80s are so dope that they don't really need to design anything new. and the jordan line is still huge, retroes still count as jordans. they release a retro and people of all ages still camp out overnight to get them. they release new dunks, new air forces, new air max retroes all the time, legit, for sale in nike stores. There's obviously a demand for them. but hey, you're probably right, I'm sure nike will be out of business in a matter of months.

One cannot invoke the phrase "non-baller" (or "non-balla") without summoning Yuichi...

• the only thing hot that nike has right now are the Air Assault retroes.

I'm not mad at these:

Although, I suspect you might not like shoes that much if you think that is the only tight nike shoe out right now. And that's cool, to each his own. But I think you're just trying too hard to be with your "everybody else likes them so I cannot" attitude. I'm not into that. I think everybody should own a pair of all white air force 1's. I think the continuous retroing of dunks, af1's, trainers, vandals, legends, etc. is fresh, for every style you don't like there's bound to be three more that you do.

What's really out that's hot that isn't a Nike retro? There ain't much. New Balance? Not into that but I'm not mad at them, but they're not hot. Puma? I don't play soccer and my feet are twice as wide as the shoes they make (skinny girlish shoes are not hot). Reebok? Nothing hot. Adidas? There's nothing cornier than those NBA shell toes.

Also, to counter your idea that Nike is putting themselves under, the Nike Shox are some of the most popular shoes in America, regardless of style. I see EVERYBODY wearing those joints. I'm sure any mall shoe store would tell you those are always in the top 5 of best selling shoes. There's not an athletic shoe company in the world putting out as much product and making as much money as Nike. There's no way.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    the only thing hot that nike has right now are the Air Assault retroes.

I'm not mad at these:

Yeah, but those aren't the Assaults that are out now, the new ones have a different sole with a visible Air bubble that throws things off in a small but important way. And the Safari print isn't right either.

• The ones I posted are original. The new ones look more like this and they are ugly:

edit: sorry asstro, the pic you posted wasn't showing up before, didn't mean to repost the same joints

• But I think you're just trying too hard to be with your "everybody else likes them so I cannot" attitude. I'm not into that. I think everybody should own a pair of all white air force 1's. I think the continuous retroing of dunks, af1's, trainers, vandals, legends, etc. is fresh, for every style you don't like there's bound to be three more that you do.

no. i dont care if some dude who never picked up a basketball thinks its suddenly cool to wear high top air assaults with his neckerchif and tight jeans, but i do think nike is trying too hard right now to appeal to a temporary trend. its not nostalgic anymore to buy sneakers i had when i was a kid, considering they have em in 4 different colors and re-release them every year. most people who wear them dont even know they were retros.

• the only thing hot that nike has right now are the Air Assault retroes.

I'm not mad at these:

Yeah, but those aren't the Assaults that are out now, the new ones have a different sole with a visible Air bubble that throws things off in a small but important way. And the Safari print isn't right either.

Yup. Predictably, Nike has fucked up the retro of yet another classic shoe. They decided to make a fake Jordan instead of a faithful redo of the Assault, because you know, the market isn't flooded enough with crappy Jordan retros and hideous fucking Spiz'ikes already. They also shit the bed with the Stabs and the Max Lights and the Agassi's aren't gonna have the flaming tennis ball on the back.

They did some decent (but not 100% faithful) Windrunners though and overseas they're around in some really classic colorways. Too bad even the best shoes they make these days seem like they're constructed out of donkey hide and melted bike tires.

• they might have changed the cement print on those assaults but i dont think it was ever as subtle as it is in that pic of the og's. those shoes came out around 1988 so i'd expect them to fade a bit.

• they might have changed the cement print on those assaults but i dont think it was ever as subtle as it is in that pic of the og's. those shoes came out around 1988 so i'd expect them to fade a bit.

Yeah, the pattern was definitely sharper/brighter when those were new, but it doesn't change the fact that the new print is louder and has bigger pebbles or whatever and generally overpowers the rest of the shoe. I'm less pisse dabout that than I am about the way they changed the outsole and midsole. Not everything needs a damn air bubble.

• what's crappy about the jordan retros? and they only put out 1 spiz'ike so it's not really "flooded" with them. i agree on the original air assault though, these retros are not good.

One cannot invoke the phrase "non-baller" (or "non-balla") without summoning Yuichi...

I'm in a Genie in a boootle beibeee. non-ballas, holla.

what's crappy about the jordan retros? and they only put out 1 spiz'ike so it's not really "flooded" with them.

NO!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    those penny foamposites were very comfortable.

• those penny foamposites were very comfortable.

$300 and ugly comfortable?

• what's crappy about the jordan retros? and they only put out 1 spiz'ike so it's not really "flooded" with them.

NO!

I don't understand your response. No what?

what's crappy about the jordan retros? and they only put out 1 spiz'ike so it's not really "flooded" with them.

NO!

What part of No don't you understand?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    what's crappy about the jordan retros? and they only put out 1 spiz'ike so it's not really "flooded" with them. i agree on the original air assault though, these retros are not good.
    they released 2 pairs of spiz'ikes. theres a white pair and the new black ones. the white ones were more exclusive. they had the new ones at foot locker

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    $300 and ugly comfortable?

well they didn't cost $300 when i bought them.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    they're $300 on pickyourshoes.com, which isnt an accurate price gauge

• what's crappy about the jordan retros? and they only put out 1 spiz'ike so it's not really "flooded" with them.

NO!

What part of No don't you understand?

The capital part.

spiz'ikes

This must be the fruitiest name for a shoe.

• they're $300 on pickyourshoes.com, which isnt an accurate price gauge

i'd say its pretty close. the white ones were very exclusive and retailed for $175, maybe $150 if you had a connection somewhere. the store near me got one white pair in each size. they are still ugly in both colors.

• couple things guys, the mack is right, there was a white spizike before the black which was more exclusive,
    there is also a white/true blue spizike slated for release this summer.

also, for what it's worth, on those air assaults it's not cement print, it's safari print. cement was used
    on the aj IV not to be confused with the elephant print used on the aj III's.

• what's crappy about the jordan retros? and they only put out 1 spiz'ike so it's not really "flooded" with them. i agree on the original air assault though, these retros are not good.
    they released 2 pairs of spiz'ikes. theres a white pair and the new black ones. the white ones were more exclusive. they had the new ones at foot locker

ahh yes i forgot about the white ones, those were older though i thought?

as far as the penny's on pickyourshoes, yeah they are expensive there, but they sold out in stores almsot instantly on this release (from what I read) and they were selling for $250+ on the 'bay. I think they are at least $200 retail. This release was, anyway. I don't care if they were $75 they are some of the ugliest expensive kicks I've seen.

• couple things guys, the mack is right, there was a white spizike before the black which was more exclusive,
    there is also a white/true blue spizike slated for release this summer.

also, for what it's worth, on those air assaults it's not cement print, it's safari print. cement was used
    on the aj IV not to be confused with the elephant print used on the aj III's.