Air ForceONEs-25th/Kicks

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    those penny foamposites were very comfortable.

$300 and ugly comfortable?

Shits were $175 when I copped them back in the 90s. Out of all my sneakers, they're the ones that I've kept the longest because over after almost a decade they don't lok worn, and also they are MAD comfortable.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    couple things guys, the mack is right, there was a white spizike before the black which was more exclusive,
    there is also a white/true blue spizike slated for release this summer.

also, for what it's worth, on those air assaults it's not cement print, it's safari print. cement was used
    on the aj IV not to be confused with the elephant print used on the aj III's.

no man, it goes, WHO THE F*** CARES?

ok, i'll stop being an a-hole.

Shits were $175 when I copped them back in the 90s. Out of all my sneakers, they're the ones that I've kept the longest because over after almost a decade they don't lok worn, and also they are MAD comfortable.

It has been confirmed by my friend/sneaker head/basketball fiend/aspiring shoe designer, that those are mad comfy. And yes, it is an aesthetic only appreciated by playas.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

It has been confirmed by my friend/sneaker head/basketball fiend/aspiring shoe designer, that those are mad comfy. And yes, it is an aesthetic only appreciated by playas.

Penny Foamposites are crack. Im into shoes that stick out a little bit though. I dont mind the jordan retros cause i get a chance to cop some fire red 5's or Military 4's. But some of the colorways are kinda dumb. The maroon ones sucked bad. But i think jordan did it cause his kids go to layola dn thats their team colors or something. I was never feeling the olive green and orange shit though.

• i like the olive green and orange shit, just so happens that rl polo dropped some stuff in the same colors at the same time. not really my colors but i still think they look cool.

and i'm sure the foamposites last a long time and are comfortable, but the hype on them was crazy to me.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    and i'm sure the foamposites last a long time and are comfortable, but the hype on them was crazy to me.

Ball Players and regular cats know this is a Modern Classic. Dont Sleep. And U can rock them up w/ some real gear.

• Yeah, probably. I've never liked the full-on basketball shoes for street wear. Some J's are an exception but 1-5 basically look like classic, multi-functional sneakers, not just bball shoes. The penny's look like basketball shoes and basketball shoes only. S'all good though, y'all enjoy your foamposites and I'll enjoy my air force 1's!

Yeah, probably. I've never liked the full-on basketball shoes for street wear. Some J's are an exception but 1-5 basically look like classic, multi-functional sneakers, not just bball shoes. The penny's look like basketball shoes and basketball shoes only. S'all good though, y'all enjoy your foamposites and I'll enjoy my air force 1's!

Air Force 1 is a full-on basketball shoe. They are all functional.

You need some History lessons.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

• sheed can ball in af1's but he shouldn't. in the 50s, guys were playing in low top chuck taylors. times have changed. i'm sure "shoe technology" is mostly bullshit (remember the coverse react juice?), but cushioning and ankle support are definitely important. i've balled in high top af1s and its not the same as the typical modern bball sneaker we are accustomed to.

sheed can ball in af1's but he shouldn't. in the 50s, guys were playing in low top chuck taylors. times have changed. i'm sure "shoe technology" is mostly bullshit (remember the coverse react juice?), but cushioning and ankle support are definitely important. i've balled in high top af1s and its not the same as the typical modern bball sneaker we are accustomed to.

What are you talikn about? So your tellin me Patrick Ewing's Georgetown Hoyas shouldnt have worn Terminators. Or Dr.J in his Converse. You soft batches need supertechnology? GTFOHWTB.

Kareem Abdul Jabbar said that high tops were bullshit because it restrains the ankle and shifts the majority ofpressure of jumping to the knees. Cats in the 80's won titles(college&nba) in AF1/dunks/etc. Nowadays batches cant play w/ a bad toe and thier supertech kicks are personally designed for them.......

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    You soft batches need supertechnology? GTFOHWTB.

• sheed can ball in af1's but he shouldn't. in the 50s, guys were playing in low top chuck taylors. times have changed. i'm sure "shoe technology" is mostly bullshit (remember the coverse react juice?), but cushioning and ankle support are definitely important. i've balled in high top af1s and its not the same as the typical modern bball sneaker we are accustomed to.

What are you talikn about? So your tellin me Patrick Ewing's Georgetown Hoyas shouldnt have worn Terminators. Or Dr.J in his Converse. You soft batches need supertechnology? GTFOHWTB.

Kareem Abdul Jabbar said that high tops were bullshit because it restrains the ankle and shifts the majority ofpressure of jumping to the knees. Cats in the 80's won titles(college&nba) in AF1/dunks/etc. Nowadays batches cant play w/ a bad toe and thier supertech kicks are personally designed for them.......

dude, are you seriously trying to argue that balling in AF1s, Terminators or those cushion-free converse that Dr. J wore in the late 70s is comparable to balling in a pair of shox??? please. obviously, those guys did it, but they had no choice.

• I was never feeling the olive green and orange shit though.

really? I was feeling them more than all the other retro V colorways. I thought they fucked up royally on the new white/red/blk ones with the 23.

I have these and I'm feelin em

sheed can ball in af1's but he shouldn't. in the 50s, guys were playing in low top chuck taylors. times have changed. i'm sure "shoe technology" is mostly bullshit (remember the coverse react juice?), but cushioning and ankle support are definitely important. i've balled in high top af1s and its not the same as the typical modern bball sneaker we are accustomed to.

dude, are you seriously trying to argue that balling in AF1s, Terminators or those cushion-free converse that Dr. J wore in the late 70s is comparable to balling in a pair of shox??? please. obviously, those guys did it, but they had no choice.

Can we compare the number of injuries - Rasheed vs Vince Carter?

You soft batches need supertechnology? GTFOHWTB.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    here are the other three i didn't post:

Mychal Tompson:

Bobby Jones (these have some sort of diamond plate looking silver material on the front upper):

calvin natt:

Also, three of these are supremes which are really nice, they hide all of the stitching on the shoe. super expensive though, like i said. especially for af1's!

im really feelin this whole line. i dont know how hard they will be to get a hold of but id like to get all them

• Yeah, probably. I've never liked the full-on basketball shoes for street wear. Some J's are an exception but 1-5 basically look like classic, multi-functional sneakers, not just bball shoes. The penny's look like basketball shoes and basketball shoes only. S'all good though, y'all enjoy your foamposites and I'll enjoy my air force 1's!

Air Force 1 is a full-on basketball shoe. They are all functional.

You need some History lessons.

Nah man you're not understanding me. Of course they are basketball shoes. So are dunks if you wanna get technical about it. So are Vandals, Legends, etc. But these kicks are NOW designed for street wear and fashion as well as functionality on the court. Those foamposites are not. They look like shoes you should be playing ball in and nothing else. Same with most Jordans after the 5. Same with the LeBrons and the Kobes and whatever else. Those aren't that fashionable, they are designed specifically for application on the court. 1s, dunks, etc look like shoes you could do whatever in, kick around in, play ball in, stunt in, etc.. That's all I'm saying. I'm not a moron, I know AF1's are ball shoes and I know players still wear them.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    They look like shoes you should be playing ball in and nothing else. Same with most Jordans after the 5. Same with the LeBrons and the Kobes and whatever else. Those aren't that fashionable, they are designed specifically for application on the court.

I agree--you can't dress them up at all. If you're not dressed as if you're about to get worked by Yuichi in a game of 3-on-3 at the Y, then you look like a chump in those.

• Options

I got these yesterday, along with two pairs of Huarache runners (Tour Yellow/Black and Orange/White). Hiatus is over I guess.

I got these yesterday, along with two pairs of Huarache runners (Tour Yellow/Black and Orange/White). Hiatus is over I guess.

Do they do this?

Yo Sween,

I went to Woodbury commons on tuesday.

$30 I dont fuk w/ shelltoes. These are Wilhelm Bungert green/orange.

Puma Suede Clydes - $30 and they come w/ an alternative set of White fat laces...

• NICE!!..I havent seen those. is that silver on there, though? I would prefer grey instead..but thats just me. Where did you cop? Locker,Finish,etc???? I want/need them!

Also..what about the "cool grey" Jordan IV's that are in all the magazines now? the double page ad..left page has dudes feet/shoes and the bottom of his jeans, and the right page has a dude rocking a pretty fly Jordan all over print zip up(hoodie maybe? cant remember). Anyway. Please tell me these havent already came and gone or that they wont be general released (instead of available at "selected stores"). Yall have seen that add right? I think its in this months KING magazine and another one that I cant think of right now. Somebody drop some knowledge on those, cause I MUST FUCKING HAVE THEM! If anyone has the info or the hookup, holla!!!

*******after thinking about it..the ad I mentioned above might be for Light Grey III's and not IVs..I cant remember. I bought the mag and could scan it if need be.

the ad I mentioned above might be for Light Grey III's and not IVs..I cant remember.

These? I have the KING at home so i cant reference.

• the ad I mentioned above might be for Light Grey III's and not IVs..I cant remember.

These? I have the KING at home so i cant reference.

those are the cool grey III's. they drop in march i believe.

• Options

Do they do this?

No, but they do make me go faster in a purplish blur.

• Options
    Yo Sween,

I went to Woodbury commons on tuesday.

Puma Suede Clydes - $30 and they come w/ an alternative set of White fat laces...

Your all set for St. Patrick's Day!

Yo Sween,I went to Woodbury commons on tuesday.
    Your all set for St. Patrick's Day!

They look like shoes you should be playing ball in and nothing else. Same with most Jordans after the 5. Same with the LeBrons and the Kobes and whatever else. Those aren't that fashionable, they are designed specifically for application on the court.

I agree--you can't dress them up at all. If you're not dressed as if you're about to get worked by Yuichi in a game of 3-on-3 at the Y, then you look like a chump in those.

I really don't know where this image came from. First of all, I don't pay to play basketball. Secondly, I don't play 3 on 3. Thirdly, I'm a playa, straight up.

I'm a playa, straight up.

graemlin pleez.