White Rappers (VH1 Crapfest Related)

Comments

• By the way, I just had lunch yesterday with one of Jus Rhymes' advisors at USC and he assures me that Jus is actually a lot smarter than he comes off on the show.

and that's the point.

many kids are intelligent.

but the trick is to incorporate ones intelligence into ones rhymes without sounding like some pseudo-consious-kufirap-spoken-word-open-mic-anti-war-rally-parody-of-onself, which is what dude comes off as on this show.

so yeah, I have no trouble believing dude is acing his classes. but he's a joke on the mic/on this show.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

By the way, I just had lunch yesterday with one of Jus Rhymes' advisors at USC and he assures me that Jus is actually a lot smarter than he comes off on the show.

and that's the point.

many kids are intelligent.

but the trick is to incorporate ones intelligence into ones rhymes without sounding like some pseudo-consious-kufirap-spoken-word-open-mic-anti-war-rally-parody-of-onself, which is what dude comes off as on this show.

so yeah, I have no trouble believing dude is acing his classes. but he's a joke on the mic/on this show.

same could be said about a lot of folks around here

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    This show is gold for so many reasons. Mainly due to the fact that so many people don't understand where the ego trip guys are comming from.

Y'all wanna make it deeper than what it is. Its not that clever.

• Watching tonight's episode on rerun. KWAME?!!? Loving this. I thought the Ill Bill, Brand Nubian and Kool Keith were the top cameos so far, but Kwame takes the cake.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Watching tonight's episode on rerun. KWAME?!!? Loving this. I thought the Ill Bill, Brand Nubian and Kool Keith were the top cameos so far, but Kwame takes the cake.

Kool Keith was very diplomatic...

• Serch gave those two kids a pretty good sonning last night. I anticipated that he would let them slide or even compliment them for not "snitching" on eachother, but when he laid into them for being dumb enough to even think battling was equivalent to snitching, i felt like giving him a standing ovation.

Sully got so played that, while i dont think he wanted to quit, Serch basically squashed his ego, so he had no choice.

• Sully got so played that, while i dont think he wanted to quit, Serch basically squashed his ego, so he had no choice.

Yeah, as soon as Serch explained how dumb he was, and then said, 'so, do you want to quit?' you could tell sully didn't want to, but he had painted himself into a corner.

Nice to Bushwick Bill jumping around a bit.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    with each passing episode i see, i am getting the feeling that the only white rapper whose career will be better off from this show is MC Search.

the show is funny/disturbing as hell, but it doesn't seem to be garnering the interest that i suspected/hoped it would.

but i could very well just be

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Sully got so played that, while i dont think he wanted to quit, Serch basically squashed his ego, so he had no choice.

Yeah, he was expecting Serch to say, "Wow, I really respect your principles, you're good, fall back." Instead, he got sonned. That video he was in was a total turd sandwich, anyway.

• Jus Rhyme: "Tomorrow we're gonna be so fly it's gonna be unbelievable."

• Sully got so played that, while i dont think he wanted to quit, Serch basically squashed his ego, so he had no choice.

Yeah, he was expecting Serch to say, "Wow, I really respect your principles, you're good, fall back." Instead, he got sonned. That video he was in was a total turd sandwich, anyway.

Jesus, when dude was like, "I'm a rapper; I rap. You're a director; you direct." WOW. Gold. She's a stunna...

Jesus, when dude was like, "I'm a rapper; I rap. You're a director; you direct." WOW. Gold. She's a stunna...

That was definitely the quote of the episode. Also, it looked like Sullee and John Brown were going to cringe themselves to death when dude started rhyming outside the stores.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    This show is gold for so many reasons. Mainly due to the fact that so many people don't understand where the ego trip guys are comming from.

Y'all wanna make it deeper than what it is. Its not that clever.

This show is mainly serving to clown the rappers on there. Treatise on race? Ha. It's a clonfest and these "rappers" continually show that they don't understand a damn thing that they're doing. How you not gonna battle someone/snap on someone because of stop snitchin? Battling is one of the foundations of rap, these people are like brand new or something.

And when dude said he felt all great because they met House of Pain, I thought I was gonna be sick. The people they've already met, shit has been crazy, and he is jonesing about HOP? Absurdddddddd.

This show needs KRS ONE to come on and throw Jus Rhymes off a stage.

• By the way, I just had lunch yesterday with one of Jus Rhymes' advisors at USC and he assures me that Jus is actually a lot smarter than he comes off on the show.

impossible. that dude is as dumb as they come. he is also, by far, the worst rapper left on the show. the eminem-wannabe who got booted off last night was a close second though. i lost it when he got all emotional in his fair-well rap. Serch goes, "..and your man is sitting over there between a girl's legs". haha.

i'm still confident in my initial projection that hairlip dude will be the eventual winner. king of the burbs has been making some headway with his monotone low-talking raps, but lip dude has the paul wall impersonation close to perfect.

• i'm kinda thinking persia could take it. her verse last night was funny in that song; double door knockers/chicken choking shit. She could take it.

i'm kinda thinking persia could take it.

Yeah, most likely. She's the only one with any sort of swing to her delivery, and she's the only one who actually sounds comfortable flowing to beats.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    much of the humor is over the heads of much of the audience, and certainly the inside industry jokes and cameos are lost on 90% of the audience....

and Sullee's album comes out thru Atlantic in May.

and Sullee's album comes out thru Atlantic in May.

Holy shit, seriously? When did he even get signed?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Maybe this helps explain the "snitching" attitude dude let get in his way:

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i just dont see how you can market the last 4 WR.

the white girl isnt THAT good. shes just alright. and her image is horrible. a makeover is BEYOND necessary. im not even talking about weight... just her image.

john brown.. i dont know what to say about him. his image is okay though a lot of work can be done. his rhyme style is tired though and just too boring. i dont know if a general audience can sit through 15 tracks. just my opinion.

the texas teeth dude... hes alright. theres probably a dozen+ rappers coming out of his own town thats better than he is. hes the only cat id sign out of the four.

skinny irritating dude whos wack... hes wack. his rhymes are boring and his flow bores me. im tired of that beenie hat thing he keeps wearing (or at least what i feel hes wearing all the time. does he have any other clothes or just that stupid ar-15 shirt?)

just how i see it... great show though. highly entertaining...

• just how i see it... great show though. highly entertaining...

agree with your points on their careers AFTER the show.

But, on the show, rapping becomes another talent for a reality show; use what talent you have to meet a given challenge. Being good at that doesn't mean you're a good rapper or you should get a record deal.

Uggh...a Sully album? :shudder:

• i'm kinda thinking persia could take it.

I would tend to agree, HOWEVER from the preview of next week's show it appears that the next episoide features a physical challenge.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    it appears that the next episoide features a physical challenge.

• NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i cant watch this shit no more, they sent the best (wo)man home yall

• So the the 3 white rappers are in Detroit next episode! Looks like they are battling at St. Andrews hall!
    We need a John Brown "Bask in the Hate" perfume bottle graemlin!
    Peace
    DJ Zest

• NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i cant watch this shit no more, they sent the best (wo)man home yall

Persia was the best Lyricist but as we all know that only got Cannibus so far. None of em could freestyle and Persia almost died riding a bike. Gonna need to get healthy and then pursue the rap career and maybe she wont choke.

Jus Rhyme is the worst rapper ever. Seeing Shamrock actually battle John Brown might be worthwhile at the end???

• Persia was the best Lyricist but as we all know that only got Cannibus so far.

lol.

• I am watching this right now. you gotta admit though the "thug obstacle course challenge" with the literal translations of slang phrases was pretty funny. "catch a case" hahaha.

but like I said last week it just wasn't fair to make Persia do all that physical stuff.

but damn these guys SUCKED on the radio show. I mean, isn't nerdy freestyle rapping about random objects presented to you by bystanders like the wannabe white rapper specialty!?!? and yet they dropped some of the lamest shit I have ever heard.